Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:42 pm
Posts: 6499
charlie wrote:
In fact, Falcons have a better justification to be better paid than the Super Eagles.
They have won more continental championships and qualify more regularly for international tournaments.

At the very least, both men and women team salaries should be at parity.



Why don’t you start by paying everyone the same salary both the management staff and junior, since that is where you are heading to. Some of u just don’t understand the implications, you create problems later and keep quite because you have not thought through this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 11905
Location: seattle
osita wrote:
charlie wrote:
In fact, Falcons have a better justification to be better paid than the Super Eagles.
They have won more continental championships and qualify more regularly for international tournaments.

At the very least, both men and women team salaries should be at parity.



Why don’t you start by paying everyone the same salary both the management staff and junior, since that is where you are heading to. Some of u just don’t understand the implications, you create problems later and keep quite because you have not thought through this.

Don’t mind that communist

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:19 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40365
Location: UK
jette1 wrote:
osita wrote:
charlie wrote:
In fact, Falcons have a better justification to be better paid than the Super Eagles.
They have won more continental championships and qualify more regularly for international tournaments.

At the very least, both men and women team salaries should be at parity.



Why don’t you start by paying everyone the same salary both the management staff and junior, since that is where you are heading to. Some of u just don’t understand the implications, you create problems later and keep quite because you have not thought through this.

Don’t mind that communist
I think there is more evidence that you are sexist than there is of charlie being a communist.
You just cant justfy disparity in pay for national service and your references to commercial football do not hold water.
I asked someone else, but maybe I should ask you: would you defend paying members of the Olympic contingent different allowances based on gender?
If not, why not, since you believe it is only "communists" that believe their pay should be equal? :lol:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:25 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40365
Location: UK
osita wrote:
charlie wrote:
In fact, Falcons have a better justification to be better paid than the Super Eagles.
They have won more continental championships and qualify more regularly for international tournaments.

At the very least, both men and women team salaries should be at parity.



Why don’t you start by paying everyone the same salary both the management staff and junior, since that is where you are heading to. Some of u just don’t understand the implications, you create problems later and keep quite because you have not thought through this.
Youre joking, right?
Or maybe you are in the wrong courtroom. :rotf:

Where did you read coaches/managers should be paid the same as the players?
And where did you read the Falconets, Flying Eagles or Golden Eaglets should be paid the same as the Super Eagles and Super Falcons?

Either that or you are clearly stating the SF are 'junior' simply because they are female.
And somebody is even kpoming your sexist argument.

My friend keep up. This is 2019 and you are far behind.

Talk about "not thinking things through". :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82875
Location: Earth
we should also pay the u17 the same amount since they've won like 5 worldcups...

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11170
Here are the problems:

1) Equal pay does not exist even within the men's game. Or do you think Rotherham Utd players should get paid the same as Barcelona players? Na "the same job" abi? Both teams consist of pro footballers right? So maybe the Rotherham players should demand the same pay as Messi and Suarez.

2) No matter how much we try to implement it in sports, equal pay does not exist in the real world even within the same gender. For example a lawyer at a big NY or London law firm gets paid about 5 times as much as the lawyer on the local high street in those same cities.

3) This is about capitalism. It is not just about doing the same work. It is about how much money you generate. The USA women's team is an anomaly in that it may be the only country in the world where the women's game is almost as popular as the men's game. For example the male players of Man Utd play in front of 80,000 people every week and generate over a billion in revenue every year. Female players at the same club are lucky if they get 80 people to turn up to watch their games (which are not televised and which do not generate noticeable revenue). On what logical basis should MUFC Ladies get paid the same as Sanchez, Rashford, or De Gea?

4) There is a staggering gulf in quality between men's and women's football. As an illustration, the USA women's team played a friendly against an under 15 boys team before the world cup. The boys team won 5-2. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, a bunch of 14 and 15 year old boys beat the best female team in the world 5-2!: https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a ... scrimmage/

Earlier on the England women's team played a male non-league amateur team and lost around 7-2 or so. What do you think would happen if a male adult team played a bunch of 14-15 yos? When world champion women's teams are conceding 5 goals to a bunch of pubescent boys you have to question the logic of paying them the same as the men.

Damunk wrote:
You don't need to be a class above your male colleagues to demand equal pay if you're doing the same job.
I don't get why they get paid less in the first place. Its scandalous.
Its like justifying why a white guy should get more pay than a black guy for doing the same job.
You can't argue in favor of one and defend the other.

It can even be legitimately argued that the Falcons are actually more successful than the Eagles.
So on what basis are we deciding on their lower pay?
This is 2019.


Last edited by wiseone on Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:53 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40365
Location: UK
wiseone wrote:
Here are the problems:

1) Equal pay does not exist even within the men's game. Or do you think Rotherham Utd players should get paid the same as Barcelona players? Na "the same job" abi? Both footballers consist of pro footballers right? So maybe the Rotherham players should demand the same pay as Messi and Suarez.

2) No matter how much we try to implement it in sports, equal pay does not exist in the real world even within the same gender. For example a lawyer at a big NY or London law firm gets paid about 5 times as much as the lawyer on the local high street in those same cities.

3) This is about capitalism. It is not just about doing the same work. It is about how much money you generate. The USA women's team is an anomaly in that it may be the only country in the world where the women's game is almost as popular as the men's game. For example the male players of Man Utd play in front of 80,000 people every week and generate over a billion in revenue every year. Female players at the same club are lucky if they get 80 people to turn up to watch their games (which are not televised and which do not generate noticeable revenue). On what logical basis should MUFC Ladies get paid the same as Sanchez, Rashford, or De Gea?

4) There is staggering gulf in quality between men's and women's football. As an illustration, the USA women's team played a friendly against an under 15 boys team before the world cup. The boys team won 5-2. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, a bunch of 14 and 15 year old boys beat the best female team in the world 5-2!: https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a ... scrimmage/

Earlier on the England women's team played a male non-league amateur team and lost around 7-2 or so. What do you think would happen if a male adult team played a bunch of 14-15 yos? When world champion women's teams are conceding 5 goals to a bunch of pubescent boys you have to question the logic of paying them the same as the men.

Damunk wrote:
You don't need to be a class above your male colleagues to demand equal pay if you're doing the same job.
I don't get why they get paid less in the first place. Its scandalous.
Its like justifying why a white guy should get more pay than a black guy for doing the same job.
You can't argue in favor of one and defend the other.

It can even be legitimately argued that the Falcons are actually more successful than the Eagles.
So on what basis are we deciding on their lower pay?
This is 2019.
Wiseone,
Despite everything that has been written, you are still taking references from commercial (club) football.
Do you believe in equal remuneration for men and women or not?

Your references to club football isnt really relevant in this case.
How many times does a national team play that a country cannot pay its senior men's and women's teams the same?
What do they have to lose vs what do they have to gain?'

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 5790
Location: Ajegunle
rdokoye wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
The female USA team certainly have a shout for equal pay. They are a class or two above their peers.


They lost to the U14 USA boys team.


Their peers!!!

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 5790
Location: Ajegunle
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Once again, when major firms start pumping money into the women game, then they can lavish the women with 300k a week salary....

I don't see were yall want the money to.come from..fact men will always generate more when it comes to competitive sports. Nature cannot be rewritten. We aren't equal physically. That's why sports are gender based. They aren't the same....Now if it comes to education today and top working professions especially in S.T.E.M, then equal pay is mandatory.

There's a reason why the SA girl or boy has been stopped from competing in women sports
Hmmm....
Very intelligent analysis. :thumb:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I don't think so. The only reason why the female game hasn't reached the same level as the men's game is due to poor investment and male chauvinism. Now reluctantly, I'll bring race into the equation. If someone said to you people of a certain race are smarter that's why they get the top jobs, would you accept it? Or will you look at the bigger issue of opportunities and social deprivation to form a rounded opinion?

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:46 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40365
Location: UK
DIMKA76 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Once again, when major firms start pumping money into the women game, then they can lavish the women with 300k a week salary....

I don't see were yall want the money to.come from..fact men will always generate more when it comes to competitive sports. Nature cannot be rewritten. We aren't equal physically. That's why sports are gender based. They aren't the same....Now if it comes to education today and top working professions especially in S.T.E.M, then equal pay is mandatory.

There's a reason why the SA girl or boy has been stopped from competing in women sports
Hmmm....
Very intelligent analysis. :thumb:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I don't think so. The only reason why the female game hasn't reached the same level as the men's game is due to poor investment and male chauvinism. Now reluctantly, I'll bring race into the equation. If someone said to you people of a certain race are smarter that's why they get the top jobs, would you accept it? Or will you look at the bigger issue of opportunities and social deprivation to form a rounded opinion?
DIMKA76, I was actually being sarcastic.
I think Pokey's argument is empty.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 5790
Location: Ajegunle
Damunk wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Once again, when major firms start pumping money into the women game, then they can lavish the women with 300k a week salary....

I don't see were yall want the money to.come from..fact men will always generate more when it comes to competitive sports. Nature cannot be rewritten. We aren't equal physically. That's why sports are gender based. They aren't the same....Now if it comes to education today and top working professions especially in S.T.E.M, then equal pay is mandatory.

There's a reason why the SA girl or boy has been stopped from competing in women sports
Hmmm....
Very intelligent analysis. :thumb:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I don't think so. The only reason why the female game hasn't reached the same level as the men's game is due to poor investment and male chauvinism. Now reluctantly, I'll bring race into the equation. If someone said to you people of a certain race are smarter that's why they get the top jobs, would you accept it? Or will you look at the bigger issue of opportunities and social deprivation to form a rounded opinion?
DIMKA76, I was actually being sarcastic.
I think Pokey's argument is empty.

Yeah, I get you sorry I bunched the quotes together.

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:19 am
Posts: 24926
I just can't believe people are debating this! As long as you are representing the country everybody should be paid the same base pay. Bonus is debatable though.

Now, in Nigeria I don't think it is based on base pay. I think it is based on bonus right? If that's the case then it should be everybody for themselves o. Negotiate your deal.

_________________
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:43 pm
Posts: 2130
Location: US
Damunk wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Look who the messenger is!
Oparanozie of all people.
Oparanozie that has not improved her football for years should not be a messenger.
Oparanozie that plays crap should not be a messenger.
That does not help, even if help is needed.
Rubbish.
Even if she is retired, she is more than qualified to make the case.
She has captained the NATIONAL FEMALE TEAM and has reached the peak of her chosen career.
She didn't bribe or sleep her way to the top and we have all seen her career progression from a young age.

As fickle fans we can insult them without consequence but they have earned the right to agitate for better conditions of service.


An employee that cannot do her work should not be the one agitating for higher pay.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40365
Location: UK
Oguleftie wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Look who the messenger is!
Oparanozie of all people.
Oparanozie that has not improved her football for years should not be a messenger.
Oparanozie that plays crap should not be a messenger.
That does not help, even if help is needed.
Rubbish.
Even if she is retired, she is more than qualified to make the case.
She has captained the NATIONAL FEMALE TEAM and has reached the peak of her chosen career.
She didn't bribe or sleep her way to the top and we have all seen her career progression from a young age.

As fickle fans we can insult them without consequence but they have earned the right to agitate for better conditions of service.


An employee that cannot do her work should not be the one agitating for higher pay.
:D
If she couldn't do her work she wouldn't be in the national team and def wouldn't be made captain of it.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 14156
Cellular wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
Cellular wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
The argument is not as simple as most people are making here. First of all, whether it his about equal pay or equity in pay, there is a point to be made for the Falcons. Here are some points to think about:

1. This is not about what players get at their clubs. This is strictly about NATIONAL SERVICE and fair compensation for that service.

2. Wow, if this is indeed based one revenue as most of you have argued then that is NEWS not just to me but should be for all of us. The last time I checked the NFF was receiving money to run its programs from government subventions and NOT revenue generated by the Super Eagles! Now tell me again why Super Eagles should get more cut out of this GOVERNMENT SUBVENTION than their women colleagues who have done more by actually winning trophies?

3. How much television money or gate fees do the Eagles bring in deserving of the huge gap in pay between the Eagles and Falcons?

4. Many of you here have lambasted about mediocrity associated with bronze winning etc. :rotf: :rotf: Now, you have Falcons who have consistently dominated Africa as opposed to Super Eagles who have not. Is there no compensation for that difference? Remember it is about performance versus the so-called mediocrity.

5. While you may argue that Super Eagles' part-share should be based on a proportion of funds generated from FIFA and CAF, are the Falcons getting the same proportion from such funds?

6. While pay has been put up here by Oparanozie, it has been clear for years that the women team has been poorly treated for years in many areas when compared to the Super Eagles. Think about accommodation, think about transportation, etc.

The bottomline is that I will not dismiss Damunk's views by a simple waive of hand. There is certainly inequity, if not unequal treatment, that has been going around.



Enugu II,

My take is :
The SEagles & SFalcons are not strictly on a National Service...(their remuneration/compensation explodes that myth; as it is astronomically above the national pay-structure, and consequently anomalous)

There have been exhaustive debates about rewards accorded to sports people by their respective govts...rewards deemed indefensible by critics who argue the fairness of e.g rewarding each squad member of the England soccer team £650,000 each if they won the FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil; compared to the total-pay package awarded a British soldier for winning a war...

It is sport.
The rewards/remuneration are loosely based on perceived value, so any debate about parity of any kind is difficult.

Until women soccer develops to the level where its perceived value equals the men's game, parity of remuneration between both genders will not happen.

The US Women team may have a point, because in the context of the development of the game in US, US women are not that far behind the men (there is a credible case that the cultural appreciation of the game in the US leans more to the female - the soccer-mom phenomenom)
So within the US environment, the perceived value of the game might be at par for both genders...

Is the same noise about parity being made by US Female basketballers..?

Measuring the SFalcons phenomenal success against the SEagles is crazy.
The current level of the women's game in Africa means 100 AWCON titles have less perceived value than 1 AFCON title.
With the current trajectory of the women's game this shall surely change in time...

The perceived value associated with the men's game in Nigeria (and Africa) is way above that for the women's game, so any talk of parity is premature.

Desire Oparanozie is merely 'fishing'... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:


Big Uncle,

The disparity in pay when representing a national team should not be the case. USA Basketball understands this and did the right thing by righting the wrong.

You represent your company or your country and happen to be a woman, there's absolutely NO reason whatsoever that there should be a disparity in pay. We are not talking about private enterprise here where the market determines the pay. This is GOVERNMENT where everyone is deemed equal. If the male players believe that they deserve more pay at the detriment of their female counterpart it is WRONG.

Same should apply in all the other sports categories. A male track and field athlete should not earn more than a female track and field athlete if they are on 'national assignment'.

As a professional, if I am going on a speaking engagement on behalf of a government agency, they pay both male and females equal amount regardless of the value each one of brings to the table. Why should it be any different in a sport that they are all representing the country?

Frankly, the government should be willing to take the lead in advancing gender equality with regards to remuneration when someone is making the sacrifice of representing the country. And yes, it is a HUGE sacrifice. Forget those that think it is hot buns.


Cellular My Guy,

It is my opinion that your point would be absolutely unimpeachable for any other 'normal' human endeavour...

But as I attempted to explain in my earlier comment, there is an irrationality attached to sport...

There is a notion that the monetary reward often accorded sportsmen (especially soccer players) by governments is 'irrational'; especially considering the average levels of remuneration accorded other non-sports-ambassadors by government.

Consequently, it is pretty difficult to begin to address fairness for remuneration with regard to sport when the reward system in sport is inherently irrational...(don't know if I'm making any sense)

For e.g. England promised her soccer team a reward of £650,000 each if they won the FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil; England's Cricket Team just recently won the Cricket World Cup...their alleged reward? £200,000 each...
Not remotely close to £650,000...is it..?

If the reason for the discrepancy is due to the 'greater prestige' generated by football (reason for my controversial term - "perceived value"); then are there any grounds to challenge discrepancies in remuneration for sport...discrepancies apparently instigated by...oops... "perceived value"..?

If by that foregoing calculus, 10 AWCON titles may not be perceived as equal in "national prestige" to 1 AFCON title, it is only reasonable that more 'incentive' (reward) be allocated towards winning AFCON...

Until the women's game develops to a level where it is at par with the men's game (in terms of Awareness, Participation, etc), it would be pretty difficult to make case for parity.

Fair? I honestly don't know...


Big Uncle, I am using the example of the same United States where their women are complaining about un-equal pay by their soccer federation.

Their counterparts in the USA Basketball agreed in 2017 to pay Men and Women representing their national team the same. The men have the superstars, the men agreed and sided with their female counterparts that it was unfair and helped compel the USA Basketball to adjust their pay. The US women want their USSF to do the same and go the route of the USA Basketball.

When it comes to Naijaria, other sports associations in Naijaria should negotiate with their athletes what they can and are willing to pay athletes regardless of gender.

Until the day NFF says that ALL national teams will be paid 'X' percentage of revenue generated, then they have to pay the women the same.



If I were the NFF/Sports Ministry, I will agree to pay $1k/2k to the team (Male & Female) and then have NFF pay say 30%-50% of revenue generated to the respective teams. That way, no one will be crying about discrimination. But the present way it is set up is discriminatory.



Using the USA Basketball in your comparison brings in a factor that complicated the whole point. The USWNT draws salary from the USSF, with all the added incentives of an employee attached to their earnings. The Basketball aspect I believe is sorely only bonus based. No salary or there about.

I will equate that situation to working full time vs per-diem. Both work on the same job but from my experience one earns a physical paycheck ,broken down to per hour, less than one.... ie when looking at the check alone. But, when taking in all parts such as retirements, holidays, time offs , insurance, etc, one realizes the full time worker actually cost the company more per paycheck or whatever measure one uses.

Now to the Falcons, as someone pointed out above... the government should reward all equally and then the difference may arise from FIFA money, private and other generated revenue etc.

This will be a fair way to resolve it. All these boils down to where the fund comes from. Government money is X amount irrespective of gender, the NFF attaches another Y percentage based on other funds sources. Generate more earn more but government stays above the fray here for doing the right thing.

_________________
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."

You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11170
Did you see my points 3 and 4 where I talked about the USA and England women's national teams? Is the USWNT a local football club?

I believe in equal pay for equal work done by women, men, and hermaphrodites. I already told you about the merits of the USWNT. My point to you was that we do not live in some idealised world where the same value is assigned to all work. Not everyone that works in a bank, hospital, law firm, or accountancy firm gets paid the same. The big name partners at law firms get paid more than their peers doing exactly the same work because they generate more revenue for the firm. I believe it is called "eat what you kill". The vast majority of women's national football teams in the world play in in a sport where attendances, revenue, sponsorship, and TV viewing figures are miniscule compared to the male version of the sport. Most women's football matches around the globe are not even televised outside the World Cup and Olympics. On what basis should e.g. the England women's team get paid the same as Kane, Sterling etc who sell out 80,000 seater Wembley Stadium every time they play.

Damunk wrote:
Wiseone,
Despite everything that has been written, you are still taking references from commercial (club) football.
Do you believe in equal remuneration for men and women or not?

Your references to club football isnt really relevant in this case.
How many times does a national team play that a country cannot pay its senior men's and women's teams the same?
What do they have to lose vs what do they have to gain?'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 5479
WHILE WE'RE AT IT...


...can we decide if all those on national duty (to wit, the U17 thru U23, male and female, US and Nigeria) should be equally remunerated?
Bell

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:53 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40365
Location: UK
wiseone wrote:
Did you see my points 3 and 4 where I talked about the USA and England women's national teams? Is the USWNT a local football club?

I believe in equal pay for equal work done by women, men, and hermaphrodites. I already told you about the merits of the USWNT. My point to you was that we do not live in some idealised world where the same value is assigned to all work. Not everyone that works in a bank, hospital, law firm, or accountancy firm gets paid the same. The big name partners at law firms get paid more than their peers doing exactly the same work because they generate more revenue for the firm. I believe it is called "eat what you kill". The vast majority of women's national football teams in the world play in in a sport where attendances, revenue, sponsorship, and TV viewing figures are miniscule compared to the male version of the sport. Most women's football matches around the globe are not even televised outside the World Cup and Olympics. On what basis should e.g. the England women's team get paid the same as Kane, Sterling etc who sell out 80,000 seater Wembley Stadium every time they play.

Damunk wrote:
Wiseone,
Despite everything that has been written, you are still taking references from commercial (club) football.
Do you believe in equal remuneration for men and women or not?

Your references to club football isn't really relevant in this case.
How many times does a national team play that a country cannot pay its senior men's and women's teams the same?
What do they have to lose vs what do they have to gain?'
Your points 3&4 might make passing references to the USWNT and England Women's team but you are still anchoring your argument on the commercial template.
My point is that it doesn't have to be that way just because the rest of the world says so. Hence my last two sentences of my last post.
It is simply bias and for national teams, there is no excuse.

I don't see how their performance against U15 boys is of relevance. They are women, not men and they play within their natural abilities but are at the top of their game regardless. We watch and enjoy them for what they are - and no sane person would start complaining that the best female player in the world isn't as good as Messi, or Ronaldo. It just doesn't work that way.

If we weren't able to make that distinction then we might as well start fitting out footballers with bionic limbs and biomechanical hearts for even higher 'performance'. If there were no natural limitations to human performance then there'd be a lack of appreciation of the exceptional - and Messi would just be a 'so-so' player.

You can't diminish a greyhound's performance because it can't run as fast as a racehorse.
Everbodi get him own lane and the commercialisation of those lanes should not be a national body's concern.

Just my take sha. I'm sure you disagree but that's okay.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 22499
Location: Ukwuani
Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:
Damunk wrote:
You don't need to be a class above your male colleagues to demand equal pay if you're doing the same job.
I don't get why they get paid less in the first place. Its scandalous.
Its like justifying why a white guy should get more pay than a black guy for doing the same job.
You can't argue in favor of one and defend the other.

It can even be legitimately argued that the Falcons are actually more successful than the Eagles.
So on what basis are we deciding on their lower pay?
This is 2019.

With all your contributions,Am surprised you could say this? :curse: how can u demand equal pay because u have a Vigina ?

U earn based on your profitability, is like saying medical doctors in Nigeria want to earn the same as doctors in the USA, does that make sense?
I missed this but I am surprised at the nature of your response Osita.
Are you sure you don't want to rephrase your question?
Or even delete it? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I didn't want to say anything in this topic/debate. I only wanted to read it, agree or disagree and move on. But Oga Damunk, please why should the question be deleted? Is it because you can't answer it or what?

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:11 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40365
Location: UK
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
osita wrote:
Damunk wrote:
You don't need to be a class above your male colleagues to demand equal pay if you're doing the same job.
I don't get why they get paid less in the first place. Its scandalous.
Its like justifying why a white guy should get more pay than a black guy for doing the same job.
You can't argue in favor of one and defend the other.

It can even be legitimately argued that the Falcons are actually more successful than the Eagles.
So on what basis are we deciding on their lower pay?
This is 2019.

With all your contributions,Am surprised you could say this? :curse: how can u demand equal pay because u have a Vigina ?

U earn based on your profitability, is like saying medical doctors in Nigeria want to earn the same as doctors in the USA, does that make sense?
I missed this but I am surprised at the nature of your response Osita.
Are you sure you don't want to rephrase your question?
Or even delete it? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I didn't want to say anything in this topic/debate. I only wanted to read it, agree or disagree and move on. But Oga Damunk, please why should the question be deleted? Is it because you can't answer it or what?
Odas, you are wicked! :rotf:

He shoulda deleted because the analogy is a false one, does not make sense and does not reflect well on Osita. We are not arguing for the Super Falcons to be paid the same as the USWNT are we?

Maybe I need to spell it out since you insist...
Like female doctors are (or should be) paid the same salary in Nigeria as our male doctors, so too should the SF and the SE be paid the same bonuses by the NFF.
I don't know how our friend Osita here has come to his own parallel of docs in Nigeria vs docs in the USA. :blink:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 30816
It depends on the way the pay is structured. There could be basic pay, performance based pay etc. The base pay should be the same for male and female. Performance based pay is dependent on other factors. You could also have commercial based pay etc.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:48 pm
Posts: 21924
women team can't beat U17 men's team, they'll even struggle with U-15 men's team.

Serena william is one of the richest in sport, she ain't begging for equal pay the chick is packing the stadium with great performance.

wnba and the whole crew makes less than $13 million...lol. You can't compare the product to NBA hence no equal pay.

We live in a capitalist world, Leonard was offered everything in toronto based on his performance not because they love him. Performance matters, if the girls want more money they need to make more money....

_________________
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:51 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40365
Location: UK
mastermind wrote:
women team can't beat U17 men's team, they'll even struggle with U-15 men's team.

Serena william is one of the richest in sport, she ain't begging for equal pay the chick is packing the stadium with great performance.
wnba and the whole crew makes less than $13 million...lol. You can't compare the product to NBA hence no equal pay.

We live in a capitalist world, Leonard was offered everything in toronto based on his performance not because they love him. Performance matters, if the girls want more money they need to make more money....
Chai!
You are obviously totally clueless on this one.
You couldn't have chosen a worse example to make your case.
Serena is at the forefront of the fight for equal gender pay in sport and has been for many years!

Anywhere you go on the internet, she is campaigning for equal pay. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:






_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: john12, lacidi, Tobi17 and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group