Battle of the Wingers: WHO WINS?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Re: Battle of the Wingers: WHO WINS?

Post by chief nfachairman »

john12 wrote:No brother I’m responding to the guy that said “at the end of the day Musa and Moses will claim that position”
Ok sir.

Please, its nice to always use the "Quote" feature.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Musa best position isn’t on the wings and I don’t know why coaches still play him at that position. The bobo is a World class STRIKER that should play 8 or 9 not on the wings. NFF chairman no be You I Dey talk to na goachino You did a great job compiling those list
So you think if someone is really a world class striker (so we are talking in the leagues of a Suarez, a Cavani, an Auba etc) that many coaches would rarely play them there, from the Leicester City coach to all SE coaches? With Musa it’s hard to call because he’s just a fast attacker, it’s very hard to say he can consistently be counted on as our main striker, and he’s too bone headed to play as a viable winger. I don’t think we can honestly say what his best position is, it probably changes from game to game...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:Musa best position isn’t on the wings and I don’t know why coaches still play him at that position. The bobo is a World class STRIKER that should play 8 or 9 not on the wings. NFF chairman no be You I Dey talk to na goachino You did a great job compiling those list
So you think if someone is really a world class striker (so we are talking in the leagues of a Suarez, a Cavani, an Auba etc) that many coaches would rarely play them there, from the Leicester City coach to all SE coaches? With Musa it’s hard to call because he’s just a fast attacker, it’s very hard to say he can consistently be counted on as our main striker, and he’s too bone headed to play as a viable winger. I don’t think we can honestly say what his best position is, it probably changes from game to game...
Musa is infuriatingly inconsistent: majestic one day, mediocre the next.
This is why you will find those that adore him as well as those that can't stand him, each selectively choosing the Musa they see.

He is actually pretty typical of Nigeria's Super Eagles over the decades. There is a reason why many foreign commentators regularly ask the question, 'Which Nigeria will show up?'
Musa exemplifies this unpredictability and maybe now he is captain, its uhm....the natural choice. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Ah, so your intelligent coach was actually too dumb to realize that Musa is not a good winger? Is that what you are saying?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

First of all, just because you’re supporting a coach doesn’t mean that you agree with all their decisions. Sometimes, you don’t agree with all their decisions but the keyword is Respect. The only reason why musa isn’t playing as a big9 is because he isn’t the biggest
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:First of all, just because you’re supporting a coach doesn’t mean that you agree with all their decisions. Sometimes, you don’t agree with all their decisions but the keyword is Respect. The only reason why musa isn’t playing as a big9 is because he isn’t the biggest
So how is he a world class 9 if you just said he's not big enough to play there? You are full of contradictions man...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I’m saying that in rohr eyes, musa isn’t a “Big man forward” that’s why he isn’t playing him as a 9 other than that, Musa is world class at that position. We just have to forget about holding the ball strikers and use strikers that can score goals
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:I’m saying that in rohr eyes, musa isn’t a “Big man forward” that’s why he isn’t playing him as a 9 other than that, Musa is world class at that position. We just have to forget about holding the ball strikers and use strikers that can score goals
Nah, he's just as hit or miss in any position you play him and he was a big big miss at this ANC, its why he found his way to the bench in 2013 as you can't win starting this type of unpredictable players, you need consistently good ones...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Damunk wrote:Battle of the Scouts: Chief NFAChairman
Undisputed
No competition. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks bro.

:thumbs:

Ever since patrick left, no one been doing this. And besides, we need content on this forum to keep it lively and interesting.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Babajide Akintola (23 - RW) with two assists in the UCL qualifiers. Samuel Adegbenro (23) was on the other wing
[/video]
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Sunset wrote:Babajide Akintola (23 - RW) with two assists in the UCL qualifiers. Samuel Adegbenro (23) was on the other wing
[/video]
Yea. I know about Akintola. I covered Adegnero all throuh last season on another thread. But I didnt put them here cos Im focusing on only players Tier 1 and Tier 2 Leagues. In the last 1yr, Nigeria has moved beyond Tier 3 leagues and below except for Goalkeepers and thats why Onuachu must leave Denmark.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Sunset wrote:Babajide Akintola (23 - RW) with two assists in the UCL qualifiers. Samuel Adegbenro (23) was on the other wing
[/video]
Yea. I know about Akintola. I covered Adegnero all throuh last season on another thread. But I didnt put them here cos Im focusing on only players Tier 1 and Tier 2 Leagues. In the last 1yr, Nigeria has moved beyond Tier 3 leagues and below except for Goalkeepers and thats why Onuachu must leave Denmark.
Not really sure about this tier business as their club are the reigning league champions in Norway and are competing in Champions League qualifiers. I'd personally rate these guys higher than the likes of Gong or Bazee