Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:41 am 

Enugu II wrote:

Cic old boy,

But isn't Emma Merenini on that forum? He should be able to confirm or deny that story. I do not know what to make of the story but only to state that all those footballers were super fast but beating sprinters is at another level oo! If they did it, then it would have been something to behold.

BTW, Sam has stories to tell. Some are absolutely fascinating. I had interviewed him once and he told about police dogs being paid more than players during his playing days (match day fee for dogs v match bonus). I did the story for a Nigerian newspaper. I was surprised afterwards when the story became widely circulated without due acknowledgment.

Enugu, I don't know if Merenini is on the forum. Benson Ejindu forwarded Adimora's confirmation.

The stories from Sam and Stone were worth my flight ticket from London. Some of them are unprintable!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:53 pm 

Great thread!

"..you think I exist for elections?. ..you want me to abandon my African family because I must become a President? Then I don't want to be your President...." -Julius Sello Malema

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:03 pm 

ukwala wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Let me sweet the belle of yeye Rangers people small :thumbs:

African Cup of Champions Clubs Quarter-Final (2nd Leg): Rangers 2-1 Green Buffalos F.C. | Sept. 1975

Saturday, September 27th 1975.

Footage of Nigerian team Enugu Rangers defeating Green Buffalos of Zambia 2-1 in the second leg of a quarter-final match of the African Cup of Champions Clubs tournament.

Rangers came from a goal down and went through to the semi-final having drawn 2-2 with their Zambian opponents two weeks earlier in Lusaka.

The first goal of the match came in the 70th minute of the second half courtesy of the Buffalos skipper Lonesome Katiwa, who capitalised on a defensive error by Rangers captain, Christian Chukwu. But right-winger, Emeka Onyedika scored the equaliser a few minutes later. Foster Ikeagwu made it 2-1 in the 81st minute.

Footage: Reuters News Archive.

Your best post ever on this forum :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can say that again...
When he's not following Div 2 football, he has bouts of usefulness.
>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:29 pm 

Gotti wrote:
ukwala wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Let me sweet the belle of yeye Rangers people small :thumbs:

African Cup of Champions Clubs Quarter-Final (2nd Leg): Rangers 2-1 Green Buffalos F.C. | Sept. 1975

Saturday, September 27th 1975.

Footage of Nigerian team Enugu Rangers defeating Green Buffalos of Zambia 2-1 in the second leg of a quarter-final match of the African Cup of Champions Clubs tournament.

Rangers came from a goal down and went through to the semi-final having drawn 2-2 with their Zambian opponents two weeks earlier in Lusaka.

The first goal of the match came in the 70th minute of the second half courtesy of the Buffalos skipper Lonesome Katiwa, who capitalised on a defensive error by Rangers captain, Christian Chukwu. But right-winger, Emeka Onyedika scored the equaliser a few minutes later. Foster Ikeagwu made it 2-1 in the 81st minute.

Footage: Reuters News Archive.

Your best post ever on this forum :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can say that again...
When he's not following Div 2 football, he has bouts of usefulness.
>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: