Tammy Abraham indirectly courting the SE?!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Tammy Abraham indirectly courting the SE?!

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:
felarey wrote:Seriously guys, don't know why some of us develop this animus towards Nigerian players that don't decide to play for us. How is this kosher with the vast majority of us that live abroad and hardly contribute to Nigeria beyond our immediate family and friends? It's a nasty attitude. These guys are making a decision for a career and a living. If Zaha was playing for 3 Lions, does anyone think he wouldn't be on atleast 200G/week and in one of the top 4 teams by now? His commercial value as an English international alone will get him such contract. Like Tammy, he started out slow as well. We also should stop denigrating ourselves and understand that we're a free people and being nigerian is no baggage to carry around. If a nigerian doesn't want to represent the SE, let him be, wish him well and move on. No point cursing him out as a reject or denigrating him in any way. He deserves to make his choice without bad blood directed his way just like many of us have chosen to carry other passports and make a living elsewhere. Unfortunately, we extend this sort of animus to our coaches too and others in different walks of life while betting the farm on foreigners.

I was talking with some Canadians yesterday and we were discussing olympics basketball team tryouts. So far only 1 NBA player has shown up in camp, none of the others have. Meanwhile the US pretty much has all NBA players on their roster. Yet the worst thing I heard said is perhaps they want to avoid injury. No hating, no bad belle, no cursing. The respect is still intact.

As Nigerians, lets respect eachother's freedoms.
It was beyond embarrassing every time Nigerians booed Dele Ali at Wembley last time. Just imagine english fans booeing Moses or Iwobi in the same manner. In fact let no one express dismay if the English FA decide to protect their players from this type of black on black abuse by not honoring friendlies with us anymore.
That's stretching it.
Booing is part of the modern game and as long as it is not malicious eg racist abuse, its normal.

How do you think players cope with playing week in, week out against rival clubs they once played for?
- Sol Campbell from Tottenham to Arsenal
- Raheem Sterling from Liverpool to Man City
- Ashley Cole from Arsenal to Chelsea
- Tevez from Man Utd to Man City

Its all part of the game. No biggie.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:
felarey wrote:Seriously guys, don't know why some of us develop this animus towards Nigerian players that don't decide to play for us. How is this kosher with the vast majority of us that live abroad and hardly contribute to Nigeria beyond our immediate family and friends? It's a nasty attitude. These guys are making a decision for a career and a living. If Zaha was playing for 3 Lions, does anyone think he wouldn't be on atleast 200G/week and in one of the top 4 teams by now? His commercial value as an English international alone will get him such contract. Like Tammy, he started out slow as well. We also should stop denigrating ourselves and understand that we're a free people and being nigerian is no baggage to carry around. If a nigerian doesn't want to represent the SE, let him be, wish him well and move on. No point cursing him out as a reject or denigrating him in any way. He deserves to make his choice without bad blood directed his way just like many of us have chosen to carry other passports and make a living elsewhere. Unfortunately, we extend this sort of animus to our coaches too and others in different walks of life while betting the farm on foreigners.

I was talking with some Canadians yesterday and we were discussing olympics basketball team tryouts. So far only 1 NBA player has shown up in camp, none of the others have. Meanwhile the US pretty much has all NBA players on their roster. Yet the worst thing I heard said is perhaps they want to avoid injury. No hating, no bad belle, no cursing. The respect is still intact.

It was beyond embarrassing every time Nigerians booed Dele Ali at Wembley last time. Just imagine english fans booeing Moses or Iwobi in the same manner. In fact let no one express dismay if the English FA decide to protect their players from this type of black on black abuse by not honoring friendlies with us anymore.
That's stretching it.
Booing is part of the modern game and as long as it is not malicious eg racist abuse, its normal.

How do you think players cope with playing week in, week out against rival clubs they once played for?
- Sol Campbell from Tottenham to Arsenal
- Raheem Sterling from Liverpool to Man City
- Ashley Cole from Arsenal to Chelsea
- Tevez from Man Utd to Man City

Its all part of the game. No biggie.
Amazingly you brushed aside the racial implications that is the focal point here. A Black person or persons can racially abuse/offend other blacks. It is rather stereotyping to not recognize this and I know most people would tend not to fir obvious reasons. The racial abuse here is that Nigerians feel because he is racially tied to Nigeria then his experiences or emotional orientations should not be averse to nigeria essentially forcing on him experiences that are not his. His unique social constructs that ultimately informed his decision to play for England are oppressed because of his perceived racial affiliation. So his personal feelings don’t matter simply because he is racially tied to Nigeria but they forget that race is a social construct. If anyone thinks this is not a racial abuse then we need to be a little more thoughtful. This is even more glaring given it happened in a public arena of white majority that he is serving on one side and on the other side booed by a group of black people that feel like he abandoned them.
Last edited by jette1 on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:
Odas wrote:
bret- hart wrote:All this shakara from an average to below average striker that cant even make England's bench. Mchewww. England can have him.
Seriously, how good is he? I never saw him play
He is a violent donkey with lots of donkey play. Tufiakwa.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: thank you my brother..when i saw him this preseason , I was just shaking my very beautiful head..wishing costa, DD, etc were still at Chelsea..that Abraham is the worst number 9 this season in the EPL
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

jette1 wrote:

If Iwobi had pissed on the English shirt , he would have got the same reaction.

The boy made his choice and moved on, if you are happy to have him back then feel free to go and beg him.. :thumb:
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Mr Shows wrote:
jette1 wrote:

The boy made his choice and moved on, if you are happy to have him back then feel free to go and beg him.. :thumb:
https://punchng.com/i-never-considered- ... y-abraham/
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Mr Shows wrote:
jette1 wrote:

You might have a case here then; never knew he pissed on the the Nigerian jersey. Please how did this atrocity happen
Last edited by jette1 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Abraham is pure trash..this is who you people want as an SE....we thank God for Vic Osiemen
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I will have animus or animosity towards any player who decides to make Nigeria the second best. If you chose England above Nigeria, no wahala, in fsct I will respect the decision and wish you all the best in the 3 Lions Jersey. In fact I will feel proud watching you represent the name. But if you turn to Nigeria because England reject you, I will have every animus abi na animosity towards you.. This because I hate hand me downs. That is why the following boys Iwobi, Moses, Aina and any other who proudly opt to play for Nigeria as their first choice will get all my mad respect and support any day, any time.

There is something not honorable when you treat national call up as a mere business thingy, it dishonors the whole essence of representing your nation. There is no harm or problem choosing to play for England above Nigeria, but once that decision making process turns into an Ayilara whore merchandising decision making, it reeks of all the stench coming from the gutters of Ayilara and lawanson streets.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The guy is big for nothing, cannot hold up play. Gets pushed off the ball easily..this joker wont even last in Afcon.
SuperEagles

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Haba...the boy, is what like 20? I have nothing but good wishes for him whether he chooses to rep England, chooses to rep England and is turned down and doesn't have an international career, chooses to rep Nigeria as 5th choice....anything really.

You guys are too harsh gosh!!! The guy is fortunate to be able to choose what's best for him, we would all do the same. Peace out and barka de sallah.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

oloye wrote:I will have animus or animosity towards any player who decides to make Nigeria the second best. If you chose England above Nigeria, no wahala, in fsct I will respect the decision and wish you all the best in the 3 Lions Jersey. In fact I will feel proud watching you represent the name. But if you turn to Nigeria because England reject you, I will have every animus abi na animosity towards you.. This because I hate hand me downs. That is why the following boys Iwobi, Moses, Aina and any other who proudly opt to play for Nigeria as their first choice will get all my mad respect and support any day, any time.

There is something not honorable when you treat national call up as a mere business thingy, it dishonors the whole essence of representing your nation. There is no harm or problem choosing to play for England above Nigeria, but once that decision making process turns into an Ayilara whore merchandising decision making, it reeks of all the stench coming from the gutters of Ayilara and lawanson streets.
The boys you mentioned, do you honestly think they would have chosen Nigeria if they felt they had a good chance of playing for England? From time immemorial (i.e. Tunji Banjo and John Chiedozie), European people of Nigerian ancestry (for that is what they are) have always chosen to play for Nigeria for the sake of expediency.

As per "dishonors the whole essence of representing your nation", for all of these "European 'hand me downs", Nigeria is not really their nation, they probably cannot speak any of the indigenous languages. They more than likely still have their EU passports and use it. They are much more comfortable in whichever place in Europe they were brought up than anywhere in Nigeria. They will not choose to go back to Nigeria on holiday or even retire there. To all intents and purposes, they are using Nigeria as a flag of convenience, and more importantly, they are taking up a place that a REAL Nigerian should have. What is left to dishonour?

Why do you think these guys don't declare for Naija at a much earlier age and play for the U17 and U21's? I think we all know the answer.

To me, all of the above is Ok as long as when they wear the shirt, they are giving their all.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Aswani wrote:
oloye wrote:I will have animus or animosity towards any player who decides to make Nigeria the second best. If you chose England above Nigeria, no wahala, in fsct I will respect the decision and wish you all the best in the 3 Lions Jersey. In fact I will feel proud watching you represent the name. But if you turn to Nigeria because England reject you, I will have every animus abi na animosity towards you.. This because I hate hand me downs. That is why the following boys Iwobi, Moses, Aina and any other who proudly opt to play for Nigeria as their first choice will get all my mad respect and support any day, any time.

The boys you mentioned, do you honestly think they would have chosen Nigeria if they felt they had a good chance of playing for England? From time immemorial (i.e. Tunji Banjo and John Chiedozie), European people of Nigerian ancestry (for that is what they are) have always chosen to play for Nigeria for the sake of expediency.

As per "dishonors the whole essence of representing your nation", for all of these "European 'hand me downs", Nigeria is not really their nation, they probably cannot speak any of the indigenous languages. They more than likely still have their EU passports and use it. They are much more comfortable in whichever place in Europe they were brought up than anywhere in Nigeria. They will not choose to go back to Nigeria on holiday or even retire there. To all intents and purposes, they are using Nigeria as a flag of convenience, and more importantly, they are taking up a place that a REAL Nigerian should have. What is left to dishonour?

Why do you think these guys don't declare for Naija at a much earlier age and play for the U17 and U21's? I think we all know the answer.

To me, all of the above is Ok as long as when they wear the shirt, they are giving their all.
We are acting as if football is not a business...we need to stop taking these things personally and focus on the business of footie and which players could help our country achieve its footie goals...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

em, forget choosing naija or england..the guy isn't a good footballer. He gets pushed around easily , he was at fault for 2 goals...he was so bad vs United, he lost one ball, ran all the way and got a yellow, he lost another ball United countered and scored. The guy made the entire united look like ITaly 82 defense
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:em, forget choosing naija or england..the guy isn't a good footballer. He gets pushed around easily , he was at fault for 2 goals...he was so bad vs United, he lost one ball, ran all the way and got a yellow, he lost another ball United countered and scored. The guy made the entire united look like ITaly 82 defense
He's not good enough for SE IMO...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Aswani wrote:

Abeg I no sabi grammar, all I know is that they chose Nigeria, that will do for me. :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:
Aswani wrote:

We are acting as if football is not a business...we need to stop taking these things personally and focus on the business of footie and which players could help our country achieve its footie goals...
It is a business but not ashawo business

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Aswani wrote:

Ol' Boi, na ashawo business if anything.
'Highest bidder' stakes with players having limited say in when and where they go and for how much.
At least ashawo go call him own price, decide when she wan do, when she no go do.

It took me a long time to come to terms with the 'buying and selling' of players, esp in the days when I had just become aware of the horrors of slavery
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Aswani wrote:

Ol' Boi, na ashawo business if anything.
'Highest bidder' stakes with players having limited say in when and where they go and for how much.
At least ashawo go call him own price, decide when she wan do, when she no go do.

It took me a long time to come to terms with the 'buying and selling' of players, esp in the days when I had just become aware of the horrors of slavery
Na ashawo wey nor get pimp be that.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We don’t need him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:We don’t need him.
Because we have Osimhen and a whole load of top central strikers like......Ighalo? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Point is, all the rest are roughly on the same level - in development (in fact, so is Osimhen) and can be derailed at any time.
That's how we coulda sworn Nacho was the real deal, and there was Isaac Success in tha same group.
They havent quite got there yet and who knows if they ever will.

Tammy is no worse than those we pin all our hopes on.
His mortal crime is that he didn't jump at an offer as a 20 year old.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Because we have Osimhen and a whole load of top central strikers like......Ighalo? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Point is, all the rest are roughly on the same level - in development (in fact, so is Osimhen) and can be derailed at any time.
That's how we coulda sworn Nacho was the real deal, and there was Isaac Success in tha same group.

Tammy isn't better than any of the strikers we took to AFCON..i guess you just pick players because they are in the EPL.... sometimes i wish i can send you.. you annoy me a lot
SuperEagles

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Aswani wrote:

KPOM! Except the REAL nigerian part, we are all Nigerians, no fakes.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Tammy isn't better than any of the strikers we took to AFCON..i guess you just pick players because they are in the EPL.... sometimes i wish i can send you.. you annoy me a lot
Yes he is, he would have also been coming off some serious momentum last season having scored all those goals in the Championship. His movement, finishing and ball control is better than anything Ighalo or Onwuachi showed against more inferior defenders than are in the Championship.

As Damunk inferred, his mortal crime was he allowed himself to be leaned on by whomever to explicitly declare his allegiance to England.

The same Algeria that won the Nations Cup is packed full of Frenchmen including those that played at different age grade levels for France. In fact, their captain and golden boy Mahrez was born and brought up in France and is only Agerian by ancestry.

Tammy Abrahams is not world class and probably isn't good enough to lead the Chelsea attack now, however he is good enough to play for Nigeria and he should if he wants to.