Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 1040
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Iwobi and Victor Moses were very close to being called up for England...even there was a last minute hustle by England towards Iwobi, and this was during our qualifier vs Egypt , sotey many here thought Iwobi was going to turn us down while bobo was in Kano, the English FA tried so hard, but guess what SS gave Iwobi his official debut vs Egypt in the 2nd half...mind you Iwobi already played a friendly vs Cameroon..... both players always had Naija in heart and not that loser called tammy who has the audacity to say may 2020...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... nd-nigeria


Naija in their heart, that is why Victor Moses is already retired and never turned up for some qualifiers abi? At most both these boys would have been squad players for a few games and then dropped for the next flavour of the month at the very next opportunity.

You cannot be serious if you are trying to suggest these two would play for The Eagles if they had a chance at playing regularly for England.

No one is saying Tammy would get a regular place in the England team, he is qualified to play for The Super Eagles and better than anything we have is my own argument.

Good luck to him if he chooses England over Nigeria, but don't try and claim there are players that would do the exact opposite because that isn't true.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17542
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Zelex wrote:
Agree with Kongi. I also believe Victor Moses and Iwobi would have eventually been capped by England at some point. Both definitely could have afforded to wait longer for a possible invatation to the England senior squad.


Zelex

How? Iwobi was not even guaranteed of stay at Arsenal when he debuted for Nigeria. I hope you realize that Alex actually played for Super Eagles BEFORE his first game for Arsenal's first team! All you have to do is check the records. In Victor's case, he was experiencing being loaned out because Chelsea could not find a spot on the squad for him. Yet you claim they were close to England call ups. Not a chance, bro. That is just a feel-good story that has little basis on facts.

Tammy is the first English player with a chance (no matter how little) of playing for Nigeria while having a reasonable chance of playing for England. That is a major landmark never previously broached by Nigeria .

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:27 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82105
Location: Earth
Aswani wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Iwobi and Victor Moses were very close to being called up for England...even there was a last minute hustle by England towards Iwobi, and this was during our qualifier vs Egypt , sotey many here thought Iwobi was going to turn us down while bobo was in Kano, the English FA tried so hard, but guess what SS gave Iwobi his official debut vs Egypt in the 2nd half...mind you Iwobi already played a friendly vs Cameroon..... both players always had Naija in heart and not that loser called tammy who has the audacity to say may 2020...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... nd-nigeria


Naija in their heart, that is why Victor Moses is already retired and never turned up for some qualifiers abi? At most both these boys would have been squad players for a few games and then dropped for the next flavour of the month at the very next opportunity.

You cannot be serious if you are trying to suggest these two would play for The Eagles if they had a chance at playing regularly for England.

No one is saying Tammy would get a regular place in the England team, he is qualified to play for The Super Eagles and better than anything we have is my own argument.

Good luck to him if he chooses England over Nigeria, but don't try and claim there are players that would do the exact opposite because that isn't true.
:rotf: name them, stop letting your opinion aka feelings cloud facts...Vicmo, played 2 WCs, won one AFCON would have played more if we had qualified for 12,15 and 17... and left the SE on a high....Okocha missed the WCQs vs Angola in Luanda...Nigeria missed WC2006...picking and choosing what fits your opinion? I am.praying Abraham chooses England. The guy is trash and isn't close to Osimhen etc. Let him keep scoring defensive error goals against the likes of Norwich and Sheffield....smh ....the guy has done nothing in football and you and peakmilk dey beg ...

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:50 pm
Posts: 4941
Location: London
Enugu II wrote:
Zelex wrote:
Agree with Kongi. I also believe Victor Moses and Iwobi would have eventually been capped by England at some point. Both definitely could have afforded to wait longer for a possible invatation to the England senior squad.


Zelex

How? Iwobi was not even guaranteed of stay at Arsenal when he debuted for Nigeria. I hope you realize that Alex actually played for Super Eagles BEFORE his first game for Arsenal's first team! All you have to do is check the records. In Victor's case, he was experiencing being loaned out because Chelsea could not find a spot on the squad for him. Yet you claim they were close to England call ups. Not a chance, bro. That is just a feel-good story that has little basis on facts.

Tammy is the first English player with a chance (no matter how little) of playing for Nigeria while having a reasonable chance of playing for England. That is a major landmark never previously broached by Nigeria .


Disagree, firstly I never stated "they were close to England call-ups" rather they had a very good chance to play for England. It would be a matter of patience on their part if they were keen to play for England. Moses, I don't believe he had signed for Chelsea at that point (when selected by the SE) but was playing regularly at Wigan, he was putting out good performances (albeit a little inconsistent). I would say he was on the fringes of a potential England call up and was definitely a name that would prop up among England fans. Iwobi had just signed a long time contract with Arsenal and was just breaking into set-up at the time of his invitation for the SE (Autumn 2015). A promising young player who was beginning to get game time at a top 6 club. If he bid his time would definitely have secured an invitation that season for England, especially with the fact he ended playing 21 games with the first team. There were articles by March 2016 (his breakout season) by the English media on how they had missed out on a major talent and how this was a massive learning experience on their part with regards to handling players with dual-nationalities.

Tammy Abraham was first invited and capped by England based on a excellent championship season (benefited from a change in selection policy towards younger players). Afterwards, he has never even been in the discussion among England fans or the media. The difference is he is prepared to wait for England (or prefers to play the nation). VM and AI could have easily done the same as they were young players 21 & 19 who had yet to reach their peak years but chose to play for Nigeria rather than wait till the age of 24 before deciding i.e. Wilfried Zaha!!

_________________
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17542
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Zelex wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Zelex wrote:
Agree with Kongi. I also believe Victor Moses and Iwobi would have eventually been capped by England at some point. Both definitely could have afforded to wait longer for a possible invatation to the England senior squad.


Zelex

How? Iwobi was not even guaranteed of stay at Arsenal when he debuted for Nigeria. I hope you realize that Alex actually played for Super Eagles BEFORE his first game for Arsenal's first team! All you have to do is check the records. In Victor's case, he was experiencing being loaned out because Chelsea could not find a spot on the squad for him. Yet you claim they were close to England call ups. Not a chance, bro. That is just a feel-good story that has little basis on facts.

Tammy is the first English player with a chance (no matter how little) of playing for Nigeria while having a reasonable chance of playing for England. That is a major landmark never previously broached by Nigeria .


Disagree, firstly I never stated "they were close to England call-ups" rather they had a very good chance to play for England. It would be a matter of patience on their part if they were keen to play for England. Moses, I don't believe he had signed for Chelsea at that point (when selected by the SE) but was playing regularly at Wigan, he was putting out good performances (albeit a little inconsistent). I would say he was on the fringes of a potential England call up and was definitely a name that would prop up among England fans. Iwobi had just signed a long time contract with Arsenal and was just breaking into set-up at the time of his invitation for the SE (Autumn 2015). A promising young player who was beginning to get game time at a top 6 club. If he bid his time would definitely have secured an invitation that season for England, especially with the fact he ended playing 21 games with the first team. There were articles by March 2016 (his breakout season) by the English media on how they had missed out on a major talent and how this was a massive learning experience on their part with regards to handling players with dual-nationalities.

Tammy Abraham was first invited and capped by England based on a excellent championship season (benefited from a change in selection policy towards younger players). Afterwards, he has never even been in the discussion among England fans or the media. The difference is he is prepared to wait for England (or prefers to play the nation). VM and AI could have easily done the same as they were young players 21 & 19 who had yet to reach their peak years but chose to play for Nigeria rather than wait till the age of 24 before deciding i.e. Wilfried Zaha!!


Zelex

If you state they had a good chance of playing for England based on where they were then one has to state the chance of playing for England must be a dime a dozen. We possibly then could have stated the same for multitude of players.

The reality is none of those two are on the same level of chance as Tammy is. Tammy ALREADY has played for England is now regularly considered. Further more he is starting for one of England's top teams. Neither Iwobi or Moses was on that level when chosing to play for Nigria. That is a huge difference that should be recognized. It is inaccurate to compare those three at the point that they are making a choice of an international career.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 1040
Bigpokey24 wrote:
:rotf: name them, stop letting your opinion aka feelings cloud facts...Vicmo, played 2 WCs, won one AFCON would have played more if we had qualified for 12,15 and 17... and left the SE on a high....Okocha missed the WCQs vs Angola in Luanda...Nigeria missed WC2006...picking and choosing what fits your opinion? I am.praying Abraham chooses England. The guy is trash and isn't close to Osimhen etc. Let him keep scoring defensive error goals against the likes of Norwich and Sheffield....smh ....the guy has done nothing in football and you and peakmilk dey beg ...


BigPokey24, I am struggling to understand your post never mind as it relates to mine.

No Nigerian born and brought up in England with a shot at being a regular member of the England squad and appearing as a sub here and there would choose The Super Eagles over England.

Not Iwobi, Moses, Ehiogu (may his soul continue to rest in peace), Onuoha, Shittu, Etuhu, Tunji Banjo, Chiedozie, Fashanu or Ibe. Not one of those guys will do it so stop trying to say they will.

He might be trash to you but not only would he would fit into The Super Eagles style of play if he choses us over England, he would walk into the first team EASILY.

As Uncle 'Enugu II' has said, he would be a huge scalp for us to snag as I know he would tear defences apart in the Nations Cup with his ability at the very least. If he decides to play for England, I won't bat an eyelid as I would continue supporting The Super Eagles.

If you were offered a job today in Naija, would you rush headlong into accepting it because you are Nigerian or look at your prospects were you presently are and compare?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:03 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 43422
I hear bobo don rule out Naija for England again. Scoring 4 goals in two matches can make you become the bride England wanted again. And the attention of England can make a diva bride swoon and change his fickle affection.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 13884
Location: South London
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Aswani wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Iwobi and Victor Moses were very close to being called up for England...even there was a last minute hustle by England towards Iwobi, and this was during our qualifier vs Egypt , sotey many here thought Iwobi was going to turn us down while bobo was in Kano, the English FA tried so hard, but guess what SS gave Iwobi his official debut vs Egypt in the 2nd half...mind you Iwobi already played a friendly vs Cameroon..... both players always had Naija in heart and not that loser called tammy who has the audacity to say may 2020...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... nd-nigeria


Naija in their heart, that is why Victor Moses is already retired and never turned up for some qualifiers abi? At most both these boys would have been squad players for a few games and then dropped for the next flavour of the month at the very next opportunity.

You cannot be serious if you are trying to suggest these two would play for The Eagles if they had a chance at playing regularly for England.

No one is saying Tammy would get a regular place in the England team, he is qualified to play for The Super Eagles and better than anything we have is my own argument.

Good luck to him if he chooses England over Nigeria, but don't try and claim there are players that would do the exact opposite because that isn't true.
:rotf: name them, stop letting your opinion aka feelings cloud facts...Vicmo, played 2 WCs, won one AFCON would have played more if we had qualified for 12,15 and 17... and left the SE on a high....Okocha missed the WCQs vs Angola in Luanda...Nigeria missed WC2006...picking and choosing what fits your opinion? I am.praying Abraham chooses England. The guy is trash and isn't close to Osimhen etc. Let him keep scoring defensive error goals against the likes of Norwich and Sheffield....smh ....the guy has done nothing in football and you and peakmilk dey beg ...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :clap: It’s a total waste of time and energy and an outright insult to continue to throw orgasms over that clown!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:13 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82105
Location: Earth
oloye wrote:
I hear bobo don rule out Naija for England again. Scoring 4 goals in two matches can make you become the bride England wanted again. And the attention of England can make a diva bride swoon and change his fickle affection.

he scored against Norwich and Sheffield :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:38 pm
Posts: 7
Bigpokey24 wrote:
oloye wrote:
I hear bobo don rule out Naija for England again. Scoring 4 goals in two matches can make you become the bride England wanted again. And the attention of England can make a diva bride swoon and change his fickle affection.

he scored against Norwich and Sheffield :lol: :lol: :lol:


Even though I would like him in the team, o be by force, he won't bench Kane or Rashford, so guess he's comfortable with being a potential #3 for England.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:50 pm
Posts: 4941
Location: London
Enugu II wrote:
Zelex wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Zelex wrote:
Agree with Kongi. I also believe Victor Moses and Iwobi would have eventually been capped by England at some point. Both definitely could have afforded to wait longer for a possible invatation to the England senior squad.


Zelex

How? Iwobi was not even guaranteed of stay at Arsenal when he debuted for Nigeria. I hope you realize that Alex actually played for Super Eagles BEFORE his first game for Arsenal's first team! All you have to do is check the records. In Victor's case, he was experiencing being loaned out because Chelsea could not find a spot on the squad for him. Yet you claim they were close to England call ups. Not a chance, bro. That is just a feel-good story that has little basis on facts.

Tammy is the first English player with a chance (no matter how little) of playing for Nigeria while having a reasonable chance of playing for England. That is a major landmark never previously broached by Nigeria .


Disagree, firstly I never stated "they were close to England call-ups" rather they had a very good chance to play for England. It would be a matter of patience on their part if they were keen to play for England. Moses, I don't believe he had signed for Chelsea at that point (when selected by the SE) but was playing regularly at Wigan, he was putting out good performances (albeit a little inconsistent). I would say he was on the fringes of a potential England call up and was definitely a name that would prop up among England fans. Iwobi had just signed a long time contract with Arsenal and was just breaking into set-up at the time of his invitation for the SE (Autumn 2015). A promising young player who was beginning to get game time at a top 6 club. If he bid his time would definitely have secured an invitation that season for England, especially with the fact he ended playing 21 games with the first team. There were articles by March 2016 (his breakout season) by the English media on how they had missed out on a major talent and how this was a massive learning experience on their part with regards to handling players with dual-nationalities.

Tammy Abraham was first invited and capped by England based on a excellent championship season (benefited from a change in selection policy towards younger players). Afterwards, he has never even been in the discussion among England fans or the media. The difference is he is prepared to wait for England (or prefers to play the nation). VM and AI could have easily done the same as they were young players 21 & 19 who had yet to reach their peak years but chose to play for Nigeria rather than wait till the age of 24 before deciding i.e. Wilfried Zaha!!


Zelex

If you state they had a good chance of playing for England based on where they were then one has to state the chance of playing for England must be a dime a dozen. We possibly then could have stated the same for multitude of players.

The reality is none of those two are on the same level of chance as Tammy is. Tammy ALREADY has played for England is now regularly considered. Further more he is starting for one of England's top teams. Neither Iwobi or Moses was on that level when chosing to play for Nigria. That is a huge difference that should be recognized. It is inaccurate to compare those three at the point that they are making a choice of an international career.


Enugu II,

Here is your initial statement.

Quote:
If Nigeria gets Tammy to play for the SE within this time period, it would be a major coup. We have not gotten a dual citizen English player declare for Nigeria in such circumstance where the player had a reasonable opportunity to play for England. It will indeed be a milestone, make no mistake about it.


This is where I disagree. VicMo and Alex Iwobi are not in the "dime a dozen" category IMO. We have seen players of a similar level to VicMo (playing regularly at the top level) and most reject Nigeria to wait for a call-up from their other nationality. Nedum Onuoha, Sidney Sam come to mind. Alex Iwobi is also not in that category, a player that ended up with 21 games after his break-out season not a couple of games. Any young player that can make such number of appearances for a top 6 club is a considered a major talent at that point. Whilst Tammy's situation is indeed different because he had been already capped, I simply can't agree with the view that Iwobi and VicMo did not have a reasonable opportunity to play for England. Players don't just look at the immediate future when considering their international career, they know things can change quickly. Vic-Mo was on the cusp of a major mover, being linked to Chelsea and a host of other top clubs. He could have easily decided to wait a little longer to see how things work with England (i.e Onuoha-Man City) before committing to the SE. Iwobi knowing he would be included in the Arsenal 1st team set up could also have done the same. We are not talking about Troost-Ekong here who was playing in the Dutch 2nd division at the time of his SE invitation.

_________________
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:39 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:09 pm
Posts: 15054
Location: UK
oloye wrote:
I hear bobo don rule out Naija for England again. Scoring 4 goals in two matches can make you become the bride England wanted again. And the attention of England can make a diva bride swoon and change his fickle affection.


I missed Tammy papa for Kings last Saturday, I would have asked him if Tammy will play for Naija.

_________________
Image

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:42 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9507
Location: loughborough.
Sir V wrote:
oloye wrote:
I hear bobo don rule out Naija for England again. Scoring 4 goals in two matches can make you become the bride England wanted again. And the attention of England can make a diva bride swoon and change his fickle affection.


I missed Tammy papa for Kings last Saturday, I would have asked him if Tammy will play for Naija.

Can we stop this thing, please?

Yes, I understand you and Pinnick sentiments about the young man playing for Nigeria.

Tammy has made his decision, let´s move on, i abeg.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:00 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9507
Location: loughborough.
Enugu II wrote:

Zelex

How? Iwobi was not even guaranteed of stay at Arsenal when he debuted for Nigeria. I hope you realize that Alex actually played for Super Eagles BEFORE his first game for Arsenal's first team! All you have to do is check the records. In Victor's case, he was experiencing being loaned out because Chelsea could not find a spot on the squad for him. Yet you claim they were close to England call ups. Not a chance, bro. That is just a feel-good story that has little basis on facts.

Tammy is the first English player with a chance (no matter how little) of playing for Nigeria while having a reasonable chance of playing for England. That is a major landmark never previously broached by Nigeria .

Enugu II, is using statistical inference here. It´s not a landmark because SE has had better players than Tammy.

If, the reasoning is because he has a chance of making the Three Lions squad (and chooses to play for SE, instead of England) 30 years ago that would have been a coup, not today.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:22 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82105
Location: Earth
fabio wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Zelex

How? Iwobi was not even guaranteed of stay at Arsenal when he debuted for Nigeria. I hope you realize that Alex actually played for Super Eagles BEFORE his first game for Arsenal's first team! All you have to do is check the records. In Victor's case, he was experiencing being loaned out because Chelsea could not find a spot on the squad for him. Yet you claim they were close to England call ups. Not a chance, bro. That is just a feel-good story that has little basis on facts.

Tammy is the first English player with a chance (no matter how little) of playing for Nigeria while having a reasonable chance of playing for England. That is a major landmark never previously broached by Nigeria .

Enugu II, is using statistical inference here. It´s not a landmark because SE has had better players than Tammy.

If, the reasoning is because he has a chance of making the Three Lions squad (and chooses to play for SE, instead of England) 30 years ago that would have been a coup, not today.

Tammy isn't better than Kele, Osimhen , Chuks etc... that tammy has zero upper body strength and cannot hold up play..he was at fault for 3 goals Chelsea let in so far this season, 2 against united, and one against Norwich


fwd to min 3.50

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17542
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
fabio wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Zelex

How? Iwobi was not even guaranteed of stay at Arsenal when he debuted for Nigeria. I hope you realize that Alex actually played for Super Eagles BEFORE his first game for Arsenal's first team! All you have to do is check the records. In Victor's case, he was experiencing being loaned out because Chelsea could not find a spot on the squad for him. Yet you claim they were close to England call ups. Not a chance, bro. That is just a feel-good story that has little basis on facts.

Tammy is the first English player with a chance (no matter how little) of playing for Nigeria while having a reasonable chance of playing for England. That is a major landmark never previously broached by Nigeria .



Let me be clear on why I made the above statement.

1. It is not to state that he is better than previous or even some current SE players.

2. The comparison is strictly in comparison between where Tammy is as per his club career and interest from the English national team. In essence, he is in a class of his own when compared to any other player that we have courted from England. Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, and/or Aina were not in that class as per interest from England national team. That is the comparison.

3. By #2, I mean, that this is the FIRST TIME that Nigeria FA is in a contest for a player that is of verifiable interest to the English national team. It is a LANDMARK in that regard.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:24 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9507
Location: loughborough.
Enugu II wrote:

2. The comparison is strictly in comparison between where Tammy is as per his club career and interest from the English national team. In essence, he is in a class of his own when compared to any other player that we have courted from England. Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, and/or Aina were not in that class as per interest from England national team. That is the comparison.

What about Ross Barkley?

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:32 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82105
Location: Earth
Enugu, what are you arguing about? That Tammy just came out 2 days ago, indicating he never made such a deadline about waiting until April 2020..He just said he is committed to making the 3 lions team .

Once again I have watched that guy when he was on loan to Swansea when they were in the EPL , bobo was shipped to Bristol or so and currently at Chelsea he hasn't been impressive

All this opinions you are spilling about being a coup for Nigeria should end...The guy to me isn't better than any of the number 9s we've had since I started watching the SE.
It's annoying this thread has 7 pages about a English footballer. This thread should be in the world forum

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 42194
Location: Pennsylvania
Enugu II wrote:
If Nigeria gets Tammy to play for the SE within this time period, it would be a major coup. We have not gotten a dual citizen English player declare for Nigeria in such circumstance where the player had a reasonable opportunity to play for England. It will indeed be a milestone, make no mistake about it.


We got Moses before he had a fair shot at being considered but the Iwobi pickup was definitely a coup when it happened. That was a loss for England and since then they’ve aggressively tried to block any possible naija defects (just in case the player becomes worthy in the future).

I agree with BP. Of Tammy hasn’t made a decision by now, he can fcuuk off as far as SE consideration is concerned for me. Your dad is boys with the NFF chair and they’ve been begging you for over a year and yet you need more time to decide? Really? Fcuuk you.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 25034
oloye wrote:
I hear bobo don rule out Naija for England again. Scoring 4 goals in two matches can make you become the bride England wanted again. And the attention of England can make a diva bride swoon and change his fickle affection.


Expected and very normal. :D

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 42194
Location: Pennsylvania
zee wrote:
oloye wrote:
I hear bobo don rule out Naija for England again. Scoring 4 goals in two matches can make you become the bride England wanted again. And the attention of England can make a diva bride swoon and change his fickle affection.


Expected and very normal. :D


Is anyone surprised? :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 8767
Bigpokey24 wrote:
oloye wrote:
I hear bobo don rule out Naija for England again. Scoring 4 goals in two matches can make you become the bride England wanted again. And the attention of England can make a diva bride swoon and change his fickle affection.

he scored against Norwich and Sheffield :lol: :lol: :lol:

Championship level goals, IMO, he's yet to score in the EPL.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17542
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
green4life wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
If Nigeria gets Tammy to play for the SE within this time period, it would be a major coup. We have not gotten a dual citizen English player declare for Nigeria in such circumstance where the player had a reasonable opportunity to play for England. It will indeed be a milestone, make no mistake about it.


We got Moses before he had a fair shot at being considered but the Iwobi pickup was definitely a coup when it happened. That was a loss for England and since then they’ve aggressively tried to block any possible naija defects (just in case the player becomes worthy in the future).

I agree with BP. Of Tammy hasn’t made a decision by now, he can fcuuk off as far as SE consideration is concerned for me. Your dad is boys with the NFF chair and they’ve been begging you for over a year and yet you need more time to decide? Really? Fcuuk you.


G4L,

I am struggling mightily to understand how it is a coup. How? Iwobi had not even played A GAME for Arsenal main team when he debuted for Nigeria. So in your mind, a player who has yet to play a single game (Carling Cup?, FA Cup?) for his club was considered for the English national team? That, my brother is a HUGE reach. What you can state is that years later, England rued the fact that they did not get Iwobi because by the time they became interested he had already committed to Nigeria. But in no way was England interested at the time he chose Nigeria. You forget that he was not even considered for England U21. Very soon now, someone will claim the England national team is interested in Ovie Ejaria.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blueangel and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group