Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:39 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 44458
Location: UK
olu wrote:
Simy scored a nice goal today in his side's 5-1 loss to Atalanta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBrK1vFbfV0

His 8th Serie A goal of the season.
That finish was sublime.
Simmy might indeed be a better player than he was two years ago and shouldn't be totally written off.




Terem Moffi (L'Orient) was disallowed an excellently taken goal vs Montpellier due to a VAR-certified foul committed in the team build up.
Very unlucky but it was very well taken nonetheless.
The boy is def turning heads.


_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40775
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Damunk wrote:
olu wrote:
Simy scored a nice goal today in his side's 5-1 loss to Atalanta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBrK1vFbfV0

His 8th Serie A goal of the season.
That finish was sublime.
Simmy might indeed be a better player than he was two years ago and shouldn't be totally written off.




Terem Moffi (L'Orient) was disallowed an excellently taken goal vs Montpellier due to a VAR-certified foul committed in the team build up.
Very unlucky but it was very well taken nonetheless.
The boy is def turning heads.





Remember his overhead goal vs Juve a couple of seasons ago that got him into the NT, but we saw how he was a limited player. So I wouldn't just use one isolated sublime finish to mean he's improved, gotta watch his overall game. I've watched his games that have been on ESPN+ and he's the same player, can do some decent things, but overall a slow lumbering and average to below average player. It's why no Serie A team picked him up when he got relegated. His team is currently last in the table again and going to be relegated lets see if a Serie A team takes a chance on him or whether he will be back to banging goals in Serie B @ 28+ years of age.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2953
Simy is anything but slow and lumbering. He is good with the ball at his feet. In fact I would even say he is more comfortable on the ball than Moffi and Awoniyi. I would take him ahead of those two at the moment. However, those two are younger and theoretically have more potential to improve.

The few times he played for the SE he barely received the ball and we created very few chances. It's hard to judge a striker objectively when he doesn't get fed the ball.

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
olu wrote:
Simy scored a nice goal today in his side's 5-1 loss to Atalanta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBrK1vFbfV0

His 8th Serie A goal of the season.
That finish was sublime.
Simmy might indeed be a better player than he was two years ago and shouldn't be totally written off.




Terem Moffi (L'Orient) was disallowed an excellently taken goal vs Montpellier due to a VAR-certified foul committed in the team build up.
Very unlucky but it was very well taken nonetheless.
The boy is def turning heads.





Remember his overhead goal vs Juve a couple of seasons ago that got him into the NT, but we saw how he was a limited player. So I wouldn't just use one isolated sublime finish to mean he's improved, gotta watch his overall game. I've watched his games that have been on ESPN+ and he's the same player, can do some decent things, but overall a slow lumbering and average to below average player. It's why no Serie A team picked him up when he got relegated. His team is currently last in the table again and going to be relegated lets see if a Serie A team takes a chance on him or whether he will be back to banging goals in Serie B @ 28+ years of age.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3951
Nacho scored again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2474
.


Last edited by chief nfachairman on Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2474
Simy has just hung his 9th Serie A goals Vs Torino


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2474
Simy hangs number 2 as Scrotom beat Torino 4-2.

Simy has 10 league goals this season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40775
Location: Land of the Terrapins
chief nfachairman wrote:
Simy hangs number 2 as Scrotom beat Torino 4-2.

Simy has 10 league goals this season.


Good for him :clap: :clap:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20586
Onuachu don Hang again. 2nd half still to come. Haters must bow. :laugh: :thumbs:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40775
Location: Land of the Terrapins
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Onuachu don Hang again. 2nd half still to come. Haters must bow. :laugh: :thumbs:


No :mrgreen:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2953
Bright Osayi-Samuel scored his first goal today for Fenerbahce in their league game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 30601
maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Onuachu don Hang again. 2nd half still to come. Haters must bow. :laugh: :thumbs:

No :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

24 goals in 28 games...

_________________
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY


#FREESENEGAL


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40775
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Onuachu don Hang again. 2nd half still to come. Haters must bow. :laugh: :thumbs:

No :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

24 goals in 28 games...


The guy na wa o...hopefully a proper team in a proper league will buy him soon :mrgreen:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:05 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6737
Another Simy brace.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3951
kalani JR wrote:
Another Simy brace.

To be in such terrific form in a top league for that matter can't be taken for granted, isn't he currently leading the charts for the highest African goal scorer this season in the Seria A?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:30 am
Posts: 9630
Location: Canada
kalani JR wrote:
Another Simy brace.


His first was very well taken. he has really improved o.

_________________
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:45 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 44458
Location: UK
Tobi17 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Another Simy brace.

To be in such terrific form in a top league for that matter can't be taken for granted, isn't he currently leading the charts for the highest African goal scorer this season in the Seria A?
I don't think anyone can deny it is a formidable record.
I tried checking Europe's top scorers so far this season but site after site were listing only those in the top five leagues.

It would be nice to know how Onuachu's goals are 'rated' and where he sits in the overall European goal scorers chart.

Bottom line for us though is how he fits into the Nigerian national team.
He won't be the first European performer that for whatever reason just didn't click with the SE.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:51 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6737
Tobi17 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Another Simy brace.

To be in such terrific form in a top league for that matter can't be taken for granted, isn't he currently leading the charts for the highest African goal scorer this season in the Seria A?


Yup, he's going to leave next season since they'll likely get relegated.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 20586
Siddonlook11 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Another Simy brace.


His first was very well taken. he has really improved o.



He's the same player he was 2yrs ago. The problem here is that people watch a game or 2 of a player and crown him or write him off based on what they saw at the time. Similar has been a good player going on 4yrs.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2953
Look at his first goal against Lazio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnBQS8SyDro

Another impressive finish. He doesn't score just tap-ins.

The second goal was a penalty. He scores frequently from the spot and seems to be designated penalty taker for Crotone. I notice he also does that ugly "hop/jump" thing that Bruno Fernandes does when he takes his penalties.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2474
Simy has 12 Serie A goals so far. 9 highest goal scorer and playing in the crappiest team in the league

Onuachu 24

Awoniyi - 5
Josh Maja - 4 (2 Fulham, 2 Bordeaux)
Kelz - 3
Osinhem - 3

But last 2 got invited. I guess the tall man style doesn't work in Rohr's system but more of fast and high intensity players work for him. Would be nice to see what Sadiq brings


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 90134
Location: Earth
Kele has 7 goals all season

_________________
SuperEagles
© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:30 am
Posts: 9630
Location: Canada
chief nfachairman wrote:
Simy has 12 Serie A goals so far. 9 highest goal scorer and playing in the crappiest team in the league

Onuachu 24

Awoniyi - 5
Josh Maja - 4 (2 Fulham, 2 Bordeaux)
Kelz - 3
Osinhem - 3

But last 2 got invited. I guess the tall man style doesn't work in Rohr's system but more of fast and high intensity players work for him. Would be nice to see what Sadiq brings



I guess the got invited based on player valuation...Kels and Oshimen are dollared over the rest in your list :(
if na goals and style of play Maja and Moffi would compete .

_________________
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1naija, Google [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group