Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:49 am 

Quote:
Benched At Nasarawa United, Goal King In Sweden – The Rise Of Kadiri Attah
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/02/17/benched-at-nasarawa-united-goal-king-in-sweden-the-rise-of-kadiri-attah/
February 17, 20200119

19 year old Nigerian forward Kadiri Attah is not one name many followers of the Nigeria Professional Football League can remember in a hurry despite the player spending a year in Lafia, where he turned out for modest side Nasarawa United.

In the summer of 2019 he joined Swedish side Ostersunds FK and what he couldn’t achieve at Nasarawa United where he was mostly used as a substitute he surprisingly turned the tide with three goals in ten league games in his debut season with Ostersunds.

Ahead of the start of the new season in Sweden he has picked up from where he stopped last season with four goals to his name from five pre season games with his goal against Umea in a 3-2 win for his side.

The clinical Nigerian striker doubled his team’s lead in the 39th minute, clinching his fourth goal in five games, as Oestersunds continue to fine-tune preparations for the new Swedish League.

Alexis Bbakka pulled one back for Umea before Rewan Amin converted a penalty to restore Ostersund’s two-goal lead. Stephan Lindmark ensured a nervy finish in the hotly contested affair as he netted Umea’s second goal to bring scores to 3-2. The home side held on for the win.

Ostersund will be looking to call on the ex- Sunsel F.C goal machine, Jordan Attah in their Swedish Cup Round One tie against Eskilsminne IF.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:20 am 

Happy for the boy. :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:09 am 

Is this that very young kid hitting the headlines in Nigeria about a year ago?
Or was that someone else?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:53 am 

Swedish league?? please give me a break! i live and work here, watched a few live games with their top sides, nothing short of amateurish football if you ask me

Marko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:30 am 

marko wrote:
Swedish league?? please give me a break! i live and work here, watched a few live games with their top sides, nothing short of amateurish football if you ask me

And the NPL isn’t amateurish?Until Football in Nigeria reaches a level of professionalism don’t criticise these young boys for trying to improve their lives through the profession they love!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:57 pm 

Eaglezbeak wrote:
marko wrote:

And the NPL isn’t amateurish?Until Football in Nigeria reaches a level of professionalism don’t criticise these young boys for trying to improve their lives through the profession they love!

I am not criticising his choice of playing in the Swedish league, i am just stating a fact that the league here is 3rd rated in Europe and nobody should gas players up because they are banging in goals

Marko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:01 pm 

marko wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
marko wrote:

I am not criticising his choice of playing in the Swedish league, i am just stating a fact that the league here is 3rd rated in Europe and nobody should gas players up because they are banging in goals

Well last time we played it ended Sweden 2-Nigeria 1.. just saying

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:24 pm 

BAP wrote:
marko wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
marko wrote:

Most of Sweden National team players don't play in Sweden.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:37 pm 

1naija wrote:
BAP wrote:
marko wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
marko wrote:

nothing more to add but KPOM

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:11 pm 

Any league wey produce Ibra for Sweden can produce Ibra for Naija sef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:17 pm 

BAP wrote:
marko wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
marko wrote:

Scorers in that game from the premiership, nuff said

Marko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:52 pm 

1naija wrote:
BAP wrote:
marko wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
marko wrote:

But the ones who beat Nigeria 2-1 did for the Most part as well as the ones who made the WTC semifinals in 1994

In any case Same. An be said of Brazil/Argetntina/Portugal and a host of other countries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:38 pm 

BAP wrote:
1naija wrote:
BAP wrote:
marko wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
marko wrote:

But the ones who beat Nigeria 2-1 did for the Most part as well as the ones who made the WTC semifinals in 1994

In any case Same. An be said of Brazil/Argetntina/Portugal and a host of other countries

Does not change the fact the Swedish League is third rate, therefore a Nigerian player scoring goals there should not be hyped.