Lille 2 Nantes 1 FT (Osimhenx2)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Lille 2 Nantes 1 FT (Osimhenx2)

Post by Damunk »

For UK eyes...

[/video]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

I love the Lille fans scream and refrain :
Lead: Vikhitor ?
Answer:Osimehn!
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

furiously frank wrote:I love the Lille fans scream and refrain :
Lead: Vikhitor ?
Answer:Osimehn!
they do it in several European leagues, like in italy.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Rohr cheated us out of seeing the best Super Eagles possible at the nations cup. And it was deliberate and based on reasons not related to football.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

My brothers, I believe we’ve found the one we’ve been looking for.

That first goal was as Yekini-like a goal as I have seen anyone not named Yekini score.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

deanotito wrote:My brothers, I believe we’ve found the one we’ve been looking for.

That first goal was as Yekini-like a goal as I have seen anyone not named Yekini score.
The height, the legs, galloping and the gangling style makes for a tempting desire to compare, but let’s hold on for now
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

furiously frank wrote:
deanotito wrote:My brothers, I believe we’ve found the one we’ve been looking for.

The height, the legs, galloping and the gangling style makes for a tempting desire to compare, but let’s hold on for now
Fingers and toes crossed, he is the heir apparent. A little more muscle and he should be unstoppable :thumb:
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote:
furiously frank wrote:

Fingers and toes crossed, he is the heir apparent. A little more muscle and he should be unstoppable :thumb:
He will benefit from it.

But bobo is a finisher.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

For me, the most impressive thing about the goals are not the goals themselves, but the fact that he had only just joined the club 5 days ago, and that was enough to not only win the starting #9 jersey, but score an impressive brace!

Great start for Victor. Lets hope he stays healthy and the goals continue to rain.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

charlie wrote:For me, the most impressive thing about the goals are not the goals themselves, but the fact that he had only just joined the club 5 days ago, and that was enough to not only win the starting #9 jersey, but score an impressive brace!

Great start for Victor. Lets hope he stays healthy and the goals continue to rain.
Yup. Did not even need a pre-season. Atta boy.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

niyi wrote:Rohr cheated us out of seeing the best Super Eagles possible at the nations cup. And it was deliberate and based on reasons not related to football.

There were 3 strikers ahead of him at the tournament! He did play some minutes and didn't score. Iglalo came in late in our first game and scored! We had Ighalo, Onuachi(sp), and Onyekuru ahead of him. He didn't prove Rohr wrong with these goals. Rohr on the other hand proved he was right with his selection of Ighalo as the top striker with the golden boot. We should commend the boy and wish him continued success, but that should not take away from Rohrs decision.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

1naija wrote:
niyi wrote:Rohr cheated us out of seeing the best Super Eagles possible at the nations cup. And it was deliberate and based on reasons not related to football.

There were 3 strikers ahead of him at the tournament! He did play some minutes and didn't score. Iglalo came in late in our first game and scored! We had Ighalo, Onuachi(sp), and Onyekuru ahead of him. He didn't prove Rohr wrong with these goals. Rohr on the other hand proved he was right with his selection of Ighalo as the top striker with the golden boot. We should commend the boy and wish him continued success, but that should not take away from Rohrs decision.
:clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Great perspective. Hope sentimentalists can comprehend the logic behind the argument.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

1naija wrote:

Rohr was wrong not to play him in the final group match against Madagascar. Nothing you posted above disproves that.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

theYemster wrote:
1naija wrote:

Rohr was wrong not to play him in the final group match against Madagascar. Nothing you posted above disproves that.
And what's the basis of your conclusion that Rohr was wrong? Gra gra sense? What difference would playing him have made? Would it have stopped the error by Balogun, or the deflection by Ndidi?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

theYemster wrote:
1naija wrote:

Two strikers. Onuachu played the first game and couldn't trap a ball then Rohr still brought him on against Guinea and Madagascar. When asked why he wasn't playing Osimhen on two separate occasions, he came up with two separate excuses.
1. He was not showing the right attitude
2. He was not strong enough...

The second excuse is pathetic as Osimhen is particularly known for being strong. Rohr should come out and tell us his real reason for refusing to play the boy until 45 mins in the last game.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

niyi wrote:
theYemster wrote:
1naija wrote:

Two strikers. Onuachu played the first game and couldn't trap a ball then Rohr still brought him on against Guinea and Madagascar. When asked why he wasn't playing Osimhen on two separate occasions, he came up with two separate excuses.

The second excuse is pathetic as Osimhen is particularly known for being strong. Rohr should come out and tell us his real reason for refusing to play the boy until 45 mins in the last game.
Why don't you tell us the reason nah? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
theYemster wrote:
1naija wrote:

I don't claim to know the truth but I know when I'm being told a lie
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

niyi wrote:
Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
theYemster wrote:
1naija wrote:

The problem here is that you don't know when your bias/prejudice/preconceptions are influencing your interpretation of events. Nobody does because nobody accepts they are biased in the first place.

There is nothing in the public domain that should give you absolute certainty that the claim that Osimhen was not quite up to 'strength' against his older African contemporaries in training is a lie, if not for your unconscious bias.

Even long before AFCON, some of us here were innocently stating that Osimhen (and a few other younger players) needs to bulk up for the 'African' game which is notoriously robust. I'm sure the threads are laughing somewhere on EN.

So your total conviction that Rohr was "lying" might be totally wrong.

Just sayin'. :idea:
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
theYemster wrote:
1naija wrote:

The problem here is that you don't know when your bias/prejudice/preconceptions are influencing your interpretation of events. Nobody does.

There is nothing in the public domain that should give you absolute certainty that the claim that Osimhen was not quite up to 'strength' against his older African contemporaries is a lie, if not for your bias.

Even before AFCON, some of us here were innocently stating that Osimhen needs to bulk up. I'm sure the threads are laughing somewhere on EN.

So your total belief that Rohr was "lying" might be totally wrong.

Please link us to these threads.

Criticizing player selection and questioning a coach's motivation when decisions are very questionable is normal. In the press conference before South Africa, Ighalo and Rohr spoke to the press and Rohr gloated about Ighalo being his personal project... his motivation seemingly to show Nigerians who abused Ighalo after the world cup they were wrong to do so. Such unprofessional behaviour. Add that to his keeping Osimhen on the bench all through the tournament even when we were chasing a goal against Madagascar, our coach brought on Simon Moses (1 goal all season last season) with Osimhen on the bench. You have to be a chief fence straddler to keep acting like all of this was normal.

By the way, the idea that a special type of strength is needed to play in the AFCON is racist. When Oliseh said Ekong was not strong enough against African opponents, we all came out to criticize him.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

niyi wrote:
Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote: Two strikers. Onuachu played the first game and couldn't trap a ball then Rohr still brought him on against Guinea and Madagascar. When asked why he wasn't playing Osimhen on two separate occasions, he came up with two separate excuses.

The problem here is that you don't know when your bias/prejudice/preconceptions are influencing your interpretation of events. Nobody does.

There is nothing in the public domain that should give you absolute certainty that the claim that Osimhen was not quite up to 'strength' against his older African contemporaries is a lie, if not for your bias.

Even before AFCON, some of us here were innocently stating that Osimhen needs to bulk up. I'm sure the threads are laughing somewhere on EN.

So your total belief that Rohr was "lying" might be totally wrong.

Please link us to these threads.

Criticizing player selection and questioning a coach's motivation when decisions are very questionable is normal. In the press conference before South Africa, Ighalo and Rohr spoke to the press and Rohr gloated about Ighalo being his personal project... his motivation seemingly to show Nigerians who abused Ighalo after the world cup they were wrong to do so. Such unprofessional behaviour. Add that to his keeping Osimhen on the bench all through the tournament even when we were chasing a goal against Madagascar, our coach brought on Simon Moses (1 goal all season last season) with Osimhen on the bench. You have to be a chief fence straddler to keep acting like all of this was normal.

By the way, the idea that a special type of strength is needed to play in the AFCON is racist. When Oliseh said Ekong was not strong enough against African opponents, we all came out to criticize him.
If I dig out such a thread, what will it mean to you?
Wouldnt it be a case of you simply dismissing it?
Or would you concede that maybe Rohr is not alone in such a belief and maybe he was not actually ''lying"?

The rest of your post is part of a wider debate but I am referring to this specific point and how you have convinced yourself Rohr was lying.

Anyway, here's one:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294855&p=5435816

We've said similar things about Sadiq Umar and Awoniyi in the past and there's nothing racist about it.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Damunk wrote:
furiously frank wrote:

How much muscle did Kanu have How much Muscle does Ndidi have ...

Use do think his lack of bulk would be a problem too but he is increasingly proving me wrong
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

danfo driver wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
danfo driver wrote:By the next SE game, I will bump the thread where I said a coach like Rohr picks his players based on fame. I said Chukwueze was only given a chance because he plays for a visible Villareal. I expect the ram of a coach to play Osimehn and Onyekuru now, once both start scoring in Ligue 1--not as if both all of a sudden became fantastic. They always were. But we have a coach who is a dafty. :oops:
I disagree with you. ROhr said he always advises his players to move to better leagues becos they get the best training, play against the best which makes them improve drastically.

I mean, Omeruo has said this much. He said his game has drastically improved since he moved to the Laliga.

You cant compare Belgium Standard with that of Laliga or EPL. The difference is clear ad the difference in the players game and quality is clearer.
Musa plays in Saudi Arabia, Ighalo and Mikel in China. Did he advise them?
See question!