Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:34 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2786
First of all, dropping kelechi for osimehn already signifies the respect and confidence rohr had for osimehn. 2nd of all, rohr watches osimehn week in and out and he gave good reasons why he didn't often play osimehn and we should rather trust our coach coach judgement than a former. 3rd of all, Musa, Mikel and ighalo are EXPERIENCED players their clubsides were irrelevant and last of all, Patience is a virtue. His time will come now that SE number 9 position is up for grabs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2786
I understand that agents dislike rohr for not calling their clients but give the man his due praise for inviting and scouting youth players


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2786
Omo I just watched the goals WORLD CLASS goals


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2384
in an ideal SE attack set up going forward (hopefully to be ignited in the Ukraine friendly game next month), Osimhen should definitely be the undisputed No 9,kid is a legit modern day striker, and will surely grow in a goal scoring machine with time. Then play Chukwueze, Samuel Kalu or Onyekuru up top with him...Ighalo's retirement couldn't have come at a better time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:40 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39635
Location: UK
john12 wrote:
Omo I just watched the goals WORLD CLASS goals
Pls where did you find the second goal?

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2786
YouTube Doc


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:59 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39635
Location: UK
john12 wrote:
YouTube Doc
Any links cos I no see am....

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:11 pm
Posts: 32788
Location: Rehab!
Damunk wrote:
john12 wrote:
YouTube Doc
Any links cos I no see am....

_________________
Image
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote:
My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 8654
Tobi17 wrote:
in an ideal SE attack set up going forward (hopefully to be ignited in the Ukraine friendly game next month), Osimhen should definitely be the undisputed No 9,kid is a legit modern day striker, and will surely grow in a goal scoring machine with time. Then play Chukwueze, Samuel Kalu or Onyekuru up top with him...Ighalo's retirement couldn't have come at a better time.

Okereke nko?

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:07 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 am
Posts: 4911
Location: No man's land
I shouted so much during the game my wife asked if Chelsea was playing.
The Super Eagles have a striker .

_________________
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:54 pm
Posts: 10868
Location: Umuda-Isingwu


He is not going to be at Lille for long. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10451
watched the game. forget the two goals, he was playing levels above his teammates. He was all dat plus a bag of chips. He first touch was sublime and so was his passing game. He held up play well, hence was a perfect target front man.

Ighalo must have been amazing in training.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 24801
Location: your girls place
So this kid was chopping bench for a guy playing in China? Ok o. This is why some of us want Rhor gone.

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:12 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39635
Location: UK
bret- hart wrote:
So this kid was chopping bench for a guy playing in China? Ok o. This is why some of us want Rhor gone.
But you saw him play 45mins vs Tunisia. I missed the game but the CE testimonies weren't exactly amazing. We can dig up the thread.

So why do you stick with one narrative regardless, considering that the truth might be and usually is somewhere in between? He had a great game today...what happens tomorrow when he has a 'so-so' game or even a poor one?

Meanwhile the guy "playing in China" is the same guy playing in China that won the AFCON Golden Boot.
Even Osimhen isn't bitching over the past like you guys.

Yesterday is gone, long live tomorrow. :idea:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:23 pm
Posts: 5629
:thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10451
Damunk wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
So this kid was chopping bench for a guy playing in China? Ok o. This is why some of us want Rhor gone.
But you saw him play 45mins vs Tunisia. I missed the game but the testimonies weren't amazing. We can dig up the thread.
Why do you stick with one narrative regardless, considering that the truth might be somewhere in between?
He had a great game today...what happens tomorrow when he has a 'so-so' game or even a poor one?
Even Osimhen isn't bitching over the past like you guys.

Yesterday is gone, long live tomorrow.



Damunk, you are right, its only one good game.
The reason he and many others gave to bench Victor did not hold water, after watching his latest game. Forget the two goals, he was a man amongst boys.

Like I said, Ighalo must have been amazing during training.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10451
asabatex wrote:
:thumbs:



I called here first, he is legit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:47 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39635
Location: UK
ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
So this kid was chopping bench for a guy playing in China? Ok o. This is why some of us want Rhor gone.
But you saw him play 45mins vs Tunisia. I missed the game but the testimonies weren't amazing. We can dig up the thread.
Why do you stick with one narrative regardless, considering that the truth might be somewhere in between?
He had a great game today...what happens tomorrow when he has a 'so-so' game or even a poor one?
Even Osimhen isn't bitching over the past like you guys.

Yesterday is gone, long live tomorrow.



Damunk, you are right, its only one good game.
The reason he and many others gave to bench Victor did not hold water, after watching his latest game. Forget the two goals, he was a man amongst boys.

Like I said, Ighalo must have been amazing during training.
Osimhen in my mind was always going to blossom into the real deal. I had little doubt about that. You and I both know countless forumers here who wrote the kid off several times before now simply becos they just didn't have the patience to watch him develop.

Every patient man is accused of procrastination, especially by Nigerians wey no just get time. Rohr's observation was made from seeing day in, day out him in training and coming up against his fellow African (Nigerian) brothers. You might want to convince yourself that it was made out of malice or whatever, but you are in no position to make such a claim on any basis or with any certainty.
Apparently, he was even being pushed around v Tunisia who are not even 'hard' Africans.

But like every good student, he has taken the whole experience on board, has entered a new season more confident and is ready for anything thrown at him. It doesn't fit your narrative to believe his whole AFCON experience has actually benefitted him and he has emerged from it an even better player, becos that would indirectly be giving credit to Rohr. Moreover, it would bring to the fore the contested point that players actually do 'learn' from their experiences in tournaments which is not supposed to be the case simply becos Rohr said it. :lol:

You'd rather ask why he wasn't played in place of the guy that won the Golden Boot which, with all due respect, is an illogical point to raise after the fact.

Let's just be happy for him and for us fans becos it appears there's a new kid on the block about to be crowned King.
Its been a long time coming. :thumb:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2384
ANC wrote:
watched the game. forget the two goals, he was playing levels above his teammates. He was all dat plus a bag of chips. He first touch was sublime and so was his passing game. He held up play well, hence was a perfect target front man.

Ighalo must have been amazing in training.

His first touch was bang average, that's an area of his game he needs to improve... other than that he has a very good game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10451
Tobi17 wrote:
ANC wrote:
watched the game. forget the two goals, he was playing levels above his teammates. He was all dat plus a bag of chips. He first touch was sublime and so was his passing game. He held up play well, hence was a perfect target front man.

Ighalo must have been amazing in training.

His first touch was bang average, that's an area of his game he needs to improve... other than that he has a very good game.


:rotf:

Did you watch the entire game?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 81383
Location: Earth
Bobo plays like yekini

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10451
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Bobo plays like yekini



cough cough.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:49 am 
Online

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 12685
i just dey rewatch that second goal! the audacity! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: odiegwu!

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: danfo driver, Odas and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group