BATTLE OF THE CDs: WHO WINS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
BATTLE OF THE CDs: WHO WINS

Post by chief nfachairman »

We have 7 Central defenders playing in the Top 10 leagues of Europe (EPL, Laliga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Lique 1, Portugal, Belgium, Russia, Turkey and Netherlands including teams strong in Europe (Kiev, Shanktar, celtics etc).

We are still thin here and hopefully, players in the lower tiers can have eventually move up to the ladder to the top tier like Stephen Eze in Bulgaria.

So who Joins Ekong and Omeruo as the other 2 CDs. We;ll know the winners by end of this season.

CD:
1. Balogun (Brghton, EPL): was glued to the bench most of last season. Seems like bench duties would continue this season except Balogun's village people can give 3 season injury to Duffy or Dunk. He might have to leave on loan by mid-season to Germany, france, etc if he wants to make ROhr's future team.

2. Ozornwafaor (Galastasaray, Turkey): SHone with the U20 during the AFCON. SHone with Enyimba and has won himself a transfer to Gala. WOuld he get into the Gala first 11 or he'll bench or be in the reserve team or would just be shipped out on loan. TIme woudl tell.

[/video]

3. Ken Omeruo (Leganes, Laliga): Most imprved player in the SE. One of the best CDs in the LaLiga last year. Starting spot is guaranteed.

4. William Ekong (Udinese, Serie A): Troost would end up in the TOp 5 of the Top 5 by next season.

5. Junior Pius (Royal Antwerp, Belgium): Former Porto B player, Junior Pius' career was seriously slowed down by injury and criminality. Came back for TOndela in the Portuguese elite league for half season, did well but joined promotion chasing/promoted Pacos, with Pius winning best defender of the season. He's already started games for Antwerp coping but limped of last week after clashing knees with anoh

In December 2017, while nursing a serious anterior cruciate ligament injury to his right knee contracted in a friendly against S.C. Covilhã two months earlier,[6] Pius was caught stealing from a fund containing player fines of various types, this allegedly being the third time the incident had occurred with him. He was immediately suspended by the club, also being forbidden from attending its facilities.

He's a defedner that has very good ball handling skills and is also tough as mails. A massive season in belgium could see him get a callup for a position SE is quite thin in. I just hope he doesnt nick other players posessions.

[/video]

6. Chidozie Awaziem (Porto, Portugal [Nantes, Lique 1 - SPECULATED]: POrto to a massive season in Nantes, then bench in Porto, to anothe massive season in Turkey. Had a very solid showing in the AFCON and is def warming his way to be the 3rd choice CD. Only a massive season in a big league would see him push ekong and Omeruo for a starting shirt.

7. Zaidu Sanusi (Santa clara, Portugal): He was bought from Mirandera in Portuguese D2 after been one of the most outstanding defenders in the lower division. He used to be a left winger but now plays primarily as a CD. He is very fast (expected), very tough, very athletic and expectedly good with the ball at his feet. One for the future but now, he needs to focus on making match day squad and winning a permanent starting shirt.

http://www.proscout.pt/fr/liga-nos-esta ... mirandela/
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BATTLE OF THE CDs: WHO WINS

Post by Damunk »

I'm really happy for Ozornwafor and wish him all the best.

[/video]

I hereby officially christen him 'O-Zone'.
KEEP OUT.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

chief nfachairman wrote:
In December 2017, while nursing a serious anterior cruciate ligament injury to his right knee contracted in a friendly against S.C. Covilhã two months earlier,[6] Pius was caught stealing from a fund containing player fines of various types, this allegedly being the third time the incident had occurred with him. He was immediately suspended by the club, also being forbidden from attending its facilities.
WTF ...
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

1naija wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
WTF ...
Wow. I’m surprised he found another club!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I know, right?
Was really rooting for the kid - he was on the up and up at Tondela until when he was accused of stealing from the till. Hope he has gotten his mind right, as he has all the measureables to be a solid defender - big (6'4"), quick, skilled and intelligent on the ball and comfortable with both feet.
At 22, he really is one for the future for the SE. Hope he is eligible and makes the Olympic team. He is most certainly streets ahead of Ozornwafor and somewhat of a lesser clone of Awaziem, albeit a lot more robust as a defender.
Really like the metrics he presents but he really needs to get his mind right!!
Paveman wrote:
1naija wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
WTF ...
Wow. I’m surprised he found another club!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

We can include Semi Ajayi as well. I believe Ash Kigbu who is now with Stoke U-23 can also play CD. Though at this point Kigbu is probably better suited for a Nigerian U23 invite.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

chief nfachairman wrote:We have 7 Central defenders playing in the Top 10 leagues of Europe (EPL, Laliga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Lique 1, Portugal, Belgium, Russia, Turkey and Netherlands including teams strong in Europe (Kiev, Shanktar, celtics etc).

We are still thin here and hopefully, players in the lower tiers can have eventually move up to the ladder to the top tier like Stephen Eze in Bulgaria.

So who Joins Ekong and Omeruo as the other 2 CDs. We;ll know the winners by end of this season.

CD:
1. Balogun (Brghton, EPL): was glued to the bench most of last season. Seems like bench duties would continue this season except Balogun's village people can give 3 season injury to Duffy or Dunk. He might have to leave on loan by mid-season to Germany, france, etc if he wants to make ROhr's future team.

2. Ozornwafaor (Galastasaray, Turkey): SHone with the U20 during the AFCON. SHone with Enyimba and has won himself a transfer to Gala. WOuld he get into the Gala first 11 or he'll bench or be in the reserve team or would just be shipped out on loan. TIme woudl tell.

[/video]

3. Ken Omeruo (Leganes, Laliga): Most imprved player in the SE. One of the best CDs in the LaLiga last year. Starting spot is guaranteed.

4. William Ekong (Udinese, Serie A): Troost would end up in the TOp 5 of the Top 5 by next season.

5. Junior Pius (Royal Antwerp, Belgium): Former Porto B player, Junior Pius' career was seriously slowed down by injury and criminality. Came back for TOndela in the Portuguese elite league for half season, did well but joined promotion chasing/promoted Pacos, with Pius winning best defender of the season. He's already started games for Antwerp coping but limped of last week after clashing knees with anoh

He's a defedner that has very good ball handling skills and is also tough as mails. A massive season in belgium could see him get a callup for a position SE is quite thin in. I just hope he doesnt nick other players posessions.

[/video]

6. Chidozie Awaziem (Porto, Portugal [Nantes, Lique 1 - SPECULATED]: POrto to a massive season in Nantes, then bench in Porto, to anothe massive season in Turkey. Had a very solid showing in the AFCON and is def warming his way to be the 3rd choice CD. Only a massive season in a big league would see him push ekong and Omeruo for a starting shirt.

7. Zaidu Sanusi (Santa clara, Portugal): He was bought from Mirandera in Portuguese D2 after been one of the most outstanding defenders in the lower division. He used to be a left winger but now plays primarily as a CD. He is very fast (expected), very tough, very athletic and expectedly good with the ball at his feet. One for the future but now, he needs to focus on making match day squad and winning a permanent starting shirt.

The Awaziem trajectory annoys me and I put the blame on his management team. How a player can have such a good season in a top league and end up in a relegation avoiding team in turkey baffles me. As for Pius, I am really happy he's got his career back on track after stupid incidents of criminality in Portugal.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Good luck to Pius a 6'4" defender comfortable with the ball at his feet :thumbs: :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Dammy wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:We have 7 Central defenders playing in the Top 10 leagues of Europe (EPL, Laliga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Lique 1, Portugal, Belgium, Russia, Turkey and Netherlands including teams strong in Europe (Kiev, Shanktar, celtics etc).

CD:

[/video]

[/video]

The Awaziem trajectory annoys me and I put the blame on his management team. How a player can have such a good season in a top league and end up in a relegation avoiding team in turkey baffles me. As for Pius, I am really happy he's got his career back on track after stupid incidents of criminality in Portugal.

:clap:
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

1naija wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
WTF ...

As in, the guy weak me.

Does anyone on the forum know more about this incidence?
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Damunk wrote:I'm really happy for Ozornwafor and wish him all the best.

[/video]

I hereby officially christen him 'O-Zone'.
KEEP OUT.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yep. OZone.

He's 20 tho :dream:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Awazeim needs to leave Porto permanently. He's too good a player to be stuck on the bench. I'm not sold on Valentine yet. Wasn't impressed with what I saw of him at the U20 world cup.