Breaking news. Suspiscion Nigeria match fixing at World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Breaking news. Suspiscion Nigeria match fixing at World Cup

Post by Comrade Machel »

On BBC news 24 right now :cry: :cry: :cry:

Supposedly even FIFA had been warned of this during the World Cup

Guess Rossikes post about Yakubus miss might make sense now

Sorry cant provide link but its on the tv as i type. Supposedly there also unusual betting patterns concerning some or all Nigerias matches :oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by Comrade Machel on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet
NIGERIA'S MATCHES FIXED - PLAYERS INVOLVED IN THROWING GAMES

Post by ROSSIKE »

NIGERIA'S WORLD CUP MATCHES FIXED - PLAYERS INVOLVED IN THROWING GAMES FOR ASIAN BETTING SYNDICATES, SAY RESEARCHERS.

THIS IS ON BBC NEWS NOW.

I WROTE THIS SAME THING AFTER YAK'S SO CALLED ''MISS'' AND I WAS ROUNDLY ABUSED.

I guess now it's coming from Oyibo researchers, some would listen!!
Last edited by ROSSIKE on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagination is more important than knowledge

- Albert Einstein

Maradona
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Breaking news. Suspiscion Nigeria match fixing at World Cup

Post by Maradona »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :ohmy: :ohmy: :shock:
The danger in hunting down evil, is that you gradually become that which you seek to destroy..

"While this Czech man is impressive, d#$% Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and the rest of the US Republican establishment have been living without a heart for a far longer time." - Scipio Africanus' reaction to news that a Czech man had undergone a surgical procedure that enabled him to live for 6 months without a heart.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Breaking news. Hint of Nigeria match fixing at World Cup

Post by AreaDaddy »

Interesting. I remember ROSSIKE speculating that this may have happened....
Fifa was warned before this year's World Cup of fears Nigeria's team could be vulnerable to match-fixing, BBC Newsnight has learned.

A Uefa investigator in South Africa raised concerns, including over betting patterns.

Nigeria went out of the tournament in the first round, losing to Greece.

In a statement to Newsnight, Fifa did not deny getting a warning but say they have "no indication" of match-fixing in any World Cup matches in South Africa.

Newsnight understands a member of Uefa's Disciplinary Services Unit – which is responsible for investigating match-fixing – first became suspicious during qualifying rounds of the World Cup and it is alleged that certain Nigerian players came forward and said their team was vulnerable to manipulation.

On the morning of Nigeria's first match, he alerted Fifa's new Early Warning System, set up to look for signs of match-rigging, of his concerns.

German journalist Christian Bergmann also had a call just before the first Nigerian game of the tournament from a Uefa contact, who said there were suggestions that "some players from the Nigerian team are actually involved in some form of manipulation".

In their second game of the tournament, Nigeria were strong favourites to beat Greece and took an early 1-0 lead.

But, after just 33 minutes, Nigeria had a man sent off and Greece scored their first-ever World Cup goals to win 2-1.

After their elimination, Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan was so angry with the team's poor performances that he suspended the whole team from international competition. He later reversed that decision following a complaint from Fifa.

---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA'S MATCHES FIXED - PLAYERS INVOLVED IN THROWING GAMES

Post by green4life »

Abeg which game(s) did we troway and where's the evidence? We were rubbish all by ourselves. mchewww.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Please god let this not be true, please god

As an aside, Rossikes always gets ridiculed when infact he speaks more sense than most here. Mscheew :roll: :roll: :roll:

ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

green4life wrote:Abeg which game(s) did we troway and where's the evidence? We were rubbish all by ourselves. mchewww.
You sure you're not involved with the syndicate?
Imagination is more important than knowledge

- Albert Einstein

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

AreaDaddy wrote:Interesting. I remember ROSSIKE speculating that this may have happened....
Fifa was warned before this year's World Cup of fears Nigeria's team could be vulnerable to match-fixing, BBC Newsnight has learned.

A Uefa investigator in South Africa raised concerns, including over betting patterns.

In a statement to Newsnight, Fifa did not deny getting a warning but say they have "no indication" of match-fixing in any World Cup matches in South Africa.

Newsnight understands a member of Uefa's Disciplinary Services Unit – which is responsible for investigating match-fixing – first became suspicious during qualifying rounds of the World Cup and it is alleged that certain Nigerian players came forward and said their team was vulnerable to manipulation.

On the morning of Nigeria's first match, he alerted Fifa's new Early Warning System, set up to look for signs of match-rigging, of his concerns.

German journalist Christian Bergmann also had a call just before the first Nigerian game of the tournament from a Uefa contact, who said there were suggestions that "some players from the Nigerian team are actually involved in some form of manipulation".

In their second game of the tournament, Nigeria were strong favourites to beat Greece and took an early 1-0 lead.

But, after just 33 minutes, Nigeria had a man sent off and Greece scored their first-ever World Cup goals to win 2-1.

After their elimination, Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan was so angry with the team's poor performances that he suspended the whole team from international competition. He later reversed that decision following a complaint from Fifa.

Abeg, were is the evidence? This is nonsense. The team I watched was rubbish all by themselves. Poorly coached with no tactical input from the bench. If there was any fixing of games, look squarely to the coach first.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

whoever paid the players just wasted his money, if true. The players and team were crap anyway!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
yaya

Post by yaya »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: with the team selections, Nigeria was sold to the highest bidder! Shittu, Kaita, Utaka, kanu, Echeijile, Yobo, all sh1ty players who fjucccked thier way to the world cuP!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lol, let's wait and see, but we were outclassed in all games.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Let them provide Evidence. And does it mean the money involved is bigger than their match bones?
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:whoever paid the players just wasted his money, if true. The players and team were crap anyway!
Na wao. My sentiments exactly. Show me an email or some documentation other than we 'looked like we threw the game away against greece or korea'.
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

I hope it is true so that that sorryass country will be fined and banned from competition for 30 years.

Una must pay.
You are Your Own Dog
ghana_cia
Egg
Egg

Post by ghana_cia »

:laugh:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

green4life wrote:
AreaDaddy wrote:Interesting. I remember ROSSIKE speculating that this may have happened....

Abeg, were is the evidence? This is nonsense. The team I watched was rubbish all by themselves. Poorly coached with no tactical input from the bench. If there was any fixing of games, look squarely to the coach first.

Green4life, FIFA had been approached before tournament started not after so that alone makes it suspiscious. To this day i cant understand Yobos header where he practically passed ball to an opposing player :cry: :cry: :cry:

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ROSSIKE wrote:
green4life wrote:Abeg which game(s) did we troway and where's the evidence? We were rubbish all by ourselves. mchewww.
You sure you're not involved with the syndicate?
Only a dumb person will ask that kain question. Typical naija mentality. The Nigerian team in SA was POORLY RUN. We were fcuuked up all by ourselves. Only a naive or blind person cannot see that. But if you have an email where YAK or Martins agreed to collect money to miss a sitters, please share with us.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

With respect, it depends on the outcomes they paid for - ie losses and draws etc!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:whoever paid the players just wasted his money, if true. The players and team were crap anyway!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:
green4life wrote:

Green4life, FIFA had been approached before tournament started not after so that alone makes it suspiscious. To this day i cant understand Yobos header where he practically passed ball to an opposing player :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dude please hold up! Yobo has been passing to opposing attackers to score for a while now.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Samora Moises Machel wrote:. To this day i cant understand Yobos header where he practically passed ball to an opposing player :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yobo is a very good player, but he has been prone to making such defensive mistakes.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

The source is:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/n ... 805137.stm

That will explain the following:-

1) Osaze's failure to pass to Martins against Argentina when clear.
2) Obasi's disgraceful open net miss against Greece when the match was still 1-1.
3) Yak's refusal to pass to Martins when clear against Korea
4) Yak's open-net miss which remains impossible for any professional to achieve.
5) Martin's useless chip attempt when clear against Korea when we only needed a goal to advance to the next round.
6) Nsofor's useless shots with minutes/seconds to go againt Korea when he could easily put the ball into the box for a scramble.
7) Obasi's cut-in against Korea followed by a useless shot when Kanu was open and available for a tap-in.

If FIFA wants to study videos, let them study Obasi, OSaze, Yak, Nsofor and Martins.
Last edited by Goldleaf on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maradona
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Maradona »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:Please god let this not be true, please god

As an aside, Rossikes always gets ridiculed when infact he speaks more sense than most here. Mscheew :roll: :roll: :roll:

Too bad I cannot resurrect the thread in which I claimed Rossike is light-years ahead of most of his peers on CE.
The guy is brilliant. But it is kind of hard to be acknowledged especially with so many fools who think they're clever.

Another intelligent guy is Coach. But heck, most CEs do not even understand such magnificent style of writing used by him, talkless of acknowledging him.
The danger in hunting down evil, is that you gradually become that which you seek to destroy..

"While this Czech man is impressive, d#$% Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and the rest of the US Republican establishment have been living without a heart for a far longer time." - Scipio Africanus' reaction to news that a Czech man had undergone a surgical procedure that enabled him to live for 6 months without a heart.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Samora Moises Machel wrote: Green4life, FIFA had been approached before tournament started not after so that alone makes it suspiscious. To this day i cant understand Yobos header where he practically passed ball to an opposing player :cry: :cry: :cry:
LMAO :rotf: ... are you serious? Evidently you didn't watch Yobo deliver a well placed square pass assist to Wayne Rooney in HIS BOX some years ago while playing for everton. You missed the world class own goal he scored for Sierra Leone in Abuja during Nigeria's 4-1 demolition of fake Maradona's peeps. There are more examples of his lack of focus in dangerous areas of the pitch. Thanks for the joke though. :rotf:
Last edited by green4life on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.