Charles Okonkwo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Charles Okonkwo

Post by cic old boy »

I was drinking with Rangers legend and striker Charles Okonkwo and some old CIC friends in Chingford on Sunday. I knew he played for Nigeria but wasn't aware he ended up with 33 caps from the mid 80s to the 90s. He said it would have been double in this day and age with more international games played.

He was full of gist of about his time at Rangers and we yabbed him mercilessly for going to Nike Grammar School. He said they used to see CIC as for "ajebutters" and children of rich men.

I was shocked to find out that his teammate for Nigeria and Rangers, who also played for Abiola Babes, Louis "Commander" Igwilo, is now a "dibia" (native doctor) in his village of Oghe, Enugu State. Charles said Commander was known to be involved in juju as a player.

He now lives in Hemel Hempstead and said his son plays for Stevenage FC. I presume their youth team.

Charles and the late Sam Okwaraji.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Charles Okonkwo

Post by Dammy »

cic old boy wrote:I was drinking with Rangers legend and striker Charles Okonkwo and some old CIC friends in Chingford on Sunday. I knew he played for Nigeria but wasn't aware he ended up with 33 caps from the mid 80s to the 90s. He said it would have been double in this day and age with more international games played.

He was full of gist of about his time at Rangers and we yabbed him mercilessly for going to Nike Grammar School. He said they used to see CIC as for "ajebutters" and children of rich men.

I was shocked to find out that his teammate for Nigeria and Rangers, who also played for Abiola Babes, Louis "Commander" Igwilo, is now a "dibia" (native doctor) in his village of Oghe, Enugu State. Charles said Commander was known to be involved in juju as a player.

He now lives in Hemel Hempstead and said his son plays for Stevenage FC. I presume their youth team.

Charles and the l charate Sam Okwaraji.
Charles Okonkwo never played 33 full international matches for Nigeria except he's counting friendlies against club sides and training matches. He was never a regular in the national team and was not in any tournament squad.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cic old boy wrote:I was drinking with Rangers legend and striker Charles Okonkwo and some old CIC friends in Chingford on Sunday. I knew he played for Nigeria but wasn't aware he ended up with 33 caps from the mid 80s to the 90s. He said it would have been double in this day and age with more international games played.

Keep boasting about drinking, nah your liver you dey punish...smh ..your mates are doing big thangs, you are on the internet glorifying shayos....smh..misplaced priorities
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Alooma! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:I was drinking with Rangers legend and striker Charles Okonkwo and some old CIC friends in Chingford on Sunday.

Consistent theme! One constant in all your posts .....Hmmmm!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:
cic old boy wrote:I was drinking with Rangers legend and striker Charles Okonkwo and some old CIC friends in Chingford on Sunday.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: the guy is a drunk.... never ever take him seriously, his eyes are like those of a drunkard
SuperEagles

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote:

And lying. :lol:
Last edited by Lolly on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Lolly wrote: And lying. :lol:
After serving as a Buhari Media Centre propagandist for so long, you no longer know reality from fiction.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:

The people to worry about are those that don't admit to drinking, but hide a whiskey (JW Black Label) flask in their pocket. :taunt:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote:

Charles Okonkwo never played 33 full international matches for Nigeria except he's counting friendlies against club sides and training matches. He was never a regular in the national team and was not in any tournament squad.
I doubt it too but Muda Lawal had almost 90 caps in 10 years during a period when we played less internationals. So Charles might be right.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cic old boy wrote:
1naija wrote:

The people to worry about are those that don't admit to drinking, but hide a whiskey (JW Black Label) flask in their pocket. :taunt:
so you do have a drinking problem?
SuperEagles

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Lolly wrote:
Dammy wrote:

I doubt it too but Muda Lawal had almost 90 caps in 10 years during a period when we played less internationals. So Charles might be right.

Muda was the first African player to play in 5 successive AFCONs, so his tally is probably true.
I am happy
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote:

amazing how many people don't realize 'drinking' is a problem
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: so you do have a drinking problem?
I have a problem with retards.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cic old boy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote: so you do have a drinking problem?
I have a problem with retards.
real talk cut down on it, I know someone who had issues with this ..i am not saying don't drink, but your eyes shows you do drink a lot.... don't let the bottle control your life
SuperEagles

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Dammy wrote:

Friendlies counts my bro.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: real talk cut down on it, I know someone who had issues with this ..i am not saying don't drink, but your eyes shows you do drink a lot.... don't let the bottle control your life
Fat Gay Piggy, stop looking into my eyes. I don't do guys!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cic old boy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote: real talk cut down on it, I know someone who had issues with this ..i am not saying don't drink, but your eyes shows you do drink a lot.... don't let the bottle control your life
Fat Gay Piggy, stop looking into my eyes. I don't do guys!!
me neither i, love black women.... a guy i worked with died from liver failure due to drinking.... stay away from staring down at the bottle
SuperEagles

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sir V wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Not the ones against clubsides bro.
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:
1naija wrote:

CIC old Wino! Lol
:rotf: :rotf:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

jette1 wrote:
1naija wrote:

amazing how many people don't realize 'drinking' is a problem
:rotf: :rotf: Are you suggesting CIC old Whino is in denial?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Can we please update the names Registry? Grand Master Slash, 1naija , has just released a blockbuster on this thread.

CIC old Wino. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sir V wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Sir V,

Charles Okonkwo never played 10 internationals (friendlies and competitive games) for Nigeria let alone 33 internationals. Or maybe he is counting games in which he dressed but was not used. This reminds me when Rufai, in a magazine, claimed that he played well over 80 internationals for Nigeria. Those guys are merely guessing and have no records to back up those claims. Records of all these games are available for those who really seek to check on these things. As Dammy mentioned, he may be counting exhibition games against clubsides. As you are aware, those exhibitions do not count.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics