NPFL Top Scorer Sanusi Passes U17 MRI Test but ........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NPFL Top Scorer Sanusi Passes U17 MRI Test but ........

Post by metalalloy »

niyi wrote:Not sure why he's being dropped.

All his records for the past 2 years with the NFF has shown a consistent birthday. That was the initial discussion in the thread.

Those who don't believe a 17 year old can score 10 goal in a league should explain why Lukaku at 16 was the highest goalscorer in the Belgian league. If we are to believe the Nigerian league is very poor (because of a host of reasons) then it makes sense to me that exceptional talents will stand out early regardless of age.
Nigeria is the only country where we either do not have any talented teenagers or we simply bypass adolescence and head straight to adulthood. :lol:

Look at this 16 year old Camavinga against PSG a few days ago. If he were Nigerian, he would be deemed 27

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

All his records for the past 2 years with the NFF has shown a consistent birthday. That was the initial discussion in the thread.

Those who don't believe a 17 year old can score 10 goal in a league should explain why Lukaku at 17 was the highest goalscorer in the Belgian league. If we are to believe the Nigerian league is very poor (because of a host of reasons) then it makes sense to me that exceptional talents will stand out early regardless of age.
I agree with you, and I don't see being moved to U23 team as being dropped. IMO makes more sense esp. if he's already able to do well in a professional league he's clearly above the U17 youth team level and won't get anything out of dominating those guys. He'll likely get more from playing with U-23 players.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

maceo4 wrote:

Those who don't believe a 17 year old can score 10 goal in a league should explain why Lukaku at 17 was the highest goalscorer in the Belgian league. If we are to believe the Nigerian league is very poor (because of a host of reasons) then it makes sense to me that exceptional talents will stand out early regardless of age.
I agree with you, and I don't see being moved to U23 team as being dropped. IMO makes more sense esp. if he's already able to do well in a professional league he's clearly above the U17 youth team level and won't get anything out of dominating those guys. He'll likely get more from playing with U-23 players.
Hence why i put dropped in quotations. You might say promoted.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ugbowo wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

:thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

:thumbs:
I agree but I don't think it's a promotion for him since he's less likely to be scouted at the U23 level. The next U23 tournament is the Olympics and it's not sure he'll be selected for that. The U17 world cup is coming up soon...
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ugbowo wrote:I was informed this morning that Manu has "dropped" Sanusi and he's now with the U23s.

Something strange also happened today....Seyi Akinwunmi shut down the ongoing "screening" exercise for the Eaglets. Not sure if he wants to stop the money making charade or if he has his own selfish interest. We shall see.
But GK Daniel Jinadu (West Ham) who was not "officially" invited (but whom Manu Garba said could come to camp) reportedly arrived today and would start training with the team tomorrow. Not sure why Seyi Akinwunmi would shutter the training camp when's there's obviously room to improve personnel.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Arsenal Academy's Malcolm Ebiowei is also reportedly on his way to the Eaglets' training camp...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Those who don't believe a 17 year old can score 10 goal in a league should explain why Lukaku at 16 was the highest goalscorer in the Belgian league. If we are to believe the Nigerian league is very poor (because of a host of reasons) then it makes sense to me that exceptional talents will stand out early regardless of age.
I heard on radio last week that he once claimed to have played in a Primary School football tournament in 2008.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote:

I heard on radio last week that he once claimed to have played in a Primary School football tournament in 2008.
Here we go with the rumors...In fact let me start my own....I know his brothers aunties uncles grand fathers son and from what they told me there is no way he could be the age he's claiming...

I mean shouldn't these guys be able to go and find factual proof rather than conjecture and stories?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:

I think Manu Garba's policy has always been more like 'when in doubt, keep 'em out'.
The reality is that you just can't trust anything in that country. We've pointed out times without number that parents, school principals and of course football officials are all part of the scam.
How does anybody know when someone is telling the truth?

Any man of principle in a den of iniquity such as ours just has to go on his gut instincts after examining all the 'evidence'. Unfortunately, there will be innocents wrongly denied their opportunity whilst some scammers
will get through.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Here we go with the rumors...In fact let me start my own....I know his brothers aunties uncles grand fathers son and from what they told me there is no way he could be the age he's claiming...

I mean shouldn't these guys be able to go and find factual proof rather than conjecture and stories?
Have you ever tried to find 'factual proof' of the househelp from the village who came to live with you and is looking after your children?
Try it...you just might discover how foktop the system is.
For real. :idea:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I think Manu Garba's policy has always been more like 'when in doubt, keep 'em out'.
The reality is that you just can't trust anything in that country. We've pointed out times without number that parents, school principals and of course football officials are all part of the scam.

Any man of principle in a den of iniquity such as ours just has to go on his gut instincts after examining all the 'evidence'. Unfortunately, there will be innocents wrongly denied their opportunity whilst some scammers
will get through.
But the problem with this pessimistic view is you guys believe NOBODY! Its like its impossible to be young and playing footie in Nigeria. Even when folks pass MRI its still not enough. Even when there are no contradicting records and all the facts point to a player having consistently used the same age on all documents. Its almost pointless having the discussion because its not a discussion as the guys are guilty and can never be proven innocent unless they are born abroad or moved abroad early. You guys seemed to be programmed to rather believe hearsay and poor journalism. Its just odd to me, but I'm on the outside looking in b/c I don't really know how things work in Nigeria but I believe it should be innocent till proven guilty, seems there's no such thing as benefit of the doubt??
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Have you ever tried to find 'factual proof' of the househelp from the village who came to live with you and is looking after your children?
Its a little different, in this case you know where this boy came from you can find out the teams/tournaments in that area where he played and try to see what information he was registered under and if it contradicts what he used to play in the NPFL. Even if everybody is complicit and they've all doctored those documents (highly unlikely), he still passed MRI which enhances his case. All I'm saying is doesn't he deserve benefit of the doubt based on this? Give me something credible that discredits his claims then I'll listen, but its unfair to pain EVERYBODY with a broad brush...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

niyi wrote:It seems he was dropped because the NFF has an official policy to exclude NPL players from the U17 team.
That could well be it...
I remember the "policy" being rolled out during (or after) Iroha's tenure.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Can you read? The player himself made the claim on Brilla FM a while ago. This was before his recent fame.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Lolly wrote:

My kids nanny once gave us 2 different dates of birth when we wanted to get a passport for her to travel with us. I ended up paying for a replacement passport when they found out she already had one with a different birth date.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Can you read? The player himself made the claim on Brilla FM a while ago. This was before his recent fame.
Oga no vex, but re-read the way you phrased your statement, it is not clear that he (Sanusi) himself made that claim ON THE RADIO. And if that is the case did they play the audio for you to hear him making this claim since he made it on their radio station it should be readily available from their archives...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Definitely makes for sense for him to be with the U23 team.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

will get through.
But the problem with this pessimistic view is you guys believe NOBODY! Its like its impossible to be young and playing footie in Nigeria. Even when folks pass MRI its still not enough. Even when there are no contradicting records and all the facts point to a player having consistently used the same age on all documents. Its almost pointless having the discussion because its not a discussion as the guys are guilty and can never be proven innocent unless they are born abroad or moved abroad early. You guys seemed to be programmed to rather believe hearsay and poor journalism. Its just odd to me, but I'm on the outside looking in b/c I don't really know how things work in Nigeria but I believe it should be innocent till proven guilty, seems there's no such thing as benefit of the doubt??
I hear you and have a lot of sympathy for your POV expressed here. I've often asked where all the bonafide teenage footballers in Nigeria are hiding because it seems they all seem to skip those years and every promising new player is accused of being "25" or "27" years old!
Personally I don't believe all the rumors and anecdotal stories from so-called faceless 'classmates' and 'childhood neighbours' but Nigeria is such a place where it is better to adopt the 'guilty until proven otherwise' approach if you do not want to die of heartache.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Its a little different, in this case you know where this boy came from you can find out the teams/tournaments in that area where he played and try to see what information he was registered under and if it contradicts what he used to play in the NPFL. Even if everybody is complicit and they've all doctored those documents (highly unlikely), he still passed MRI which enhances his case. All I'm saying is doesn't he deserve benefit of the doubt based on this? Give me something credible that discredits his claims then I'll listen, but its unfair to pain EVERYBODY with a broad brush...
I believe the MRI is the game changer in all this but I am increasingly suspicious of what is going on at the local MRI centres.

Stories abound of large numbers of 20 yr old and even much older players "beating" the MRI. This defies simple logic. Unless Nigerians are a completely different species from the rest of humanity and nobody has noticed until the advent of FIFA's MRI rules, there is no way these old men are 'beating' the MRI scans legitimately.

What I suspect is that the human factor ('intra and inter-observer error') in the scanning process is at play here and without having to explain too much, the radiographers (technicians) and/or the radiologists (doctors) are playing a fast one, for a fee of course. No amount of intra or interobserver 'error' can account for 21-year olds 'passing' the MRI test in such large numbers, talk less of older men. That is just gross incompetence, or straight-up fraud. Lives depend on the accurate and competent interpretation of MRI scans all over the world and if it were so unreliable it would have been scrapped ages ago. Nigeria has highly qualified radiologists, so who is doing the interpretation and who in fact is doing the scanning?

You can be sure that those old players 'beating' the local MRI scans will NOT pass those same scans when done competently or by a neutral body.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

metalalloy wrote:

Nigeria is the only country where we either do not have any talented teenagers or we simply bypass adolescence and head straight to adulthood. :lol:

Look at this 16 year old Camavinga against PSG a few days ago. If he were Nigerian, he would be deemed 27

My brotha, its a real mystery! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Lolly wrote:

I believe the MRI is the game changer in all this but I am increasingly suspicious of what is going on at the local MRI centres.

Stories abound of large numbers of 20 yr old and even much older players "beating" the MRI. This defies simple logic. Unless Nigerians are a completely different species from the rest of humanity and nobody has noticed until the advent of FIFA's MRI rules, there is no way these old men are 'beating' the MRI scans legitimately.

What I suspect is that the human factor ('intra and inter-observer error') in the scanning process is at play here and without having to explain too much, the radiographers (technicians) and/or the radiologists (doctors) are playing a fast one, for a fee of course. No amount of intra or interobserver 'error' can account for 21-year olds 'passing' the MRI test in such large numbers, talk less of older men. That is just gross incompetence, or straight-up fraud. Lives depend on the accurate and competent interpretation of MRI scans all over the world and if it were so unreliable it would have been scrapped ages ago. Nigeria has highly qualified radiologists, so who is doing the interpretation and who in fact is doing the scanning?

You can be sure that those old players 'beating' the local MRI scans will NOT pass those same scans when done competently or by a neutral body.
Damunk,

The point you make above is definitely key. But let me also add that because MRI tests are based on grades, that it is possible that a player actually passes the test in Nigeria and a few months later fails the same test at the CAF level based on a few months of maturity. This is used, for instance, to explain why Wilfred Ndidi passed the test in Nigeria for the 2013 squad but failed the same test at CAF level. This has made Nigeria wary, as I understand it, of those who pass the MRI at the grade V level for instance. What we do not know is at what grade level Sanusi passed his test.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Damunk,

The point you make above is definitely key. But let me also add that because MRI tests are based on grades, that it is possible that a player actually passes the test in Nigeria and a few months later fails the same test at the CAF level based on a few months of maturity. This is used, for instance, to explain why Wilfred Ndidi passed the test in Nigeria for the 2013 squad but failed the same test at CAF level. This has made Nigeria wary, as I understand it, of those who pass the MRI at the grade V level for instance. What we do not know is at what grade level Sanusi passed his test.
Absolutely! I agree with you wholeheartedly.
This is perfectly normal and why I object to calling everyone that "fails" the MRI at that level an "age cheat". At that age bracket (16/17/18yrs old) the bones are still in a natural but final state of growth and one may pass the test today and in 2 months time, the growth plates have fully matured and fused. This is the basis of the grading system. It really is not rocket science. Neither is it a lottery.
What I will never accept is how supposedly 20, 21-year-old men (and even much older) are said to be "passing" the MRI - which suggests the scan is highly inaccurate and ineffective.

It is not a lottery and short of Nigerians having some powerful juju, the only other explanation that makes sense is that there is fraud going on at the local MRI scanning centres.