Anything other than this from Rohr against Ukraine is crap

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Anything other than this from Rohr against Ukraine is cr

Post by ohenhen1 »

Samu on the right Onyekuru on the left.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote:Aribo ahead of ETEBO? No musA? Thunder fire you
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oga Ayo, oya ova to you - Sir!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

chief nfachairman wrote:
theYemster wrote:
We know what Etebo/Musa can do, shouldn't we get to see Aribo/Onyekuru? And when better than in a friendly?

Or you'd rather wait until a competitive match before trying them out?
This friendly is not to try out new players. We've gone beyond that. It's a continuation of the building phase. SE is preparing to take on the world and they need high profile international friendlies.

Afcon qualifiers would prepare us for African based competitions.
This makes literally no sense to me whatsoever.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Onyekuru is not a winger.

Kalu is a far better winger.
In a 4-3-3, your wide forwards are not conventional wingers like Odegbami and Adokie or Finidi and Ammunike.

Kalu is better regardless

IO beg to disagree. He can only take better freekicks.
Onyekuru strength is speed and scoring.

He isn't that great at taking on defenders or passing, thus it would be almost similar to playing Musa in that wide position which has been a proven DUD

I have watched plenty of Onyekuru and he isn't good out wide. There is a reason he has not been a prominent player under Rohr.

There is no way that Onyekuru is a better wide player than Kalu.
You haven't watched Onyekuru.....he is a wing forward has been everywhere he has played.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Enugu II wrote:I would hope Rohr gives both Aribo and Ebuehi some minutes in the actual game as long as they demonstrate in training that they deserve it. Same goes for Okoye. This is a game where new players should be tested. Right now the team needs additional AMs (competition for Iwobi) and DMs, as well as players in other positions. The only place we are stacked its in wide forward/midfield positions.
I think we getting to the point where we might need to start considering using some of the wide players in other positions of more pressing need in order to accommodate more of them.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

theYemster wrote:
We know what Etebo/Musa can do, shouldn't we get to see Aribo/Onyekuru? And when better than in a friendly?

:clap: It’s time to find better suiters, the process starts now not during an Afcon or World Cup!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
theYemster wrote:

:clap: It’s time to find better suiters, the process starts now not during an Afcon or World Cup!
John12 refuses to acknowledge the fact that the SE standards are getting higher and he who was once untouchable is now under threat from even better players.
Personally, it was difficult for me to imagine anyone replacing Mikel unless he was virtually on a Zimmer frame, but here we are....

One day we pray it will be the case that none of today's players will be good enough to stroll into the SE because of even better players! No be curse.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
theYemster wrote:

John12 refuses to acknowledge the fact that the SE standards are getting higher and he who was once untouchable is now under threat from even better players.
Personally, it was difficult for me to imagine anyone replacing Mikel unless he was virtually on a Zimmer frame, but here we are....

One day we pray it will be the case that none of today's players will be good enough to stroll into the SE because of even better players! No be curse.
I’m still not convinced we have anyone who’s better than Mikel. Certainly, he’s lost a pace or two but when he’s properly motivated, he’s hard to match... and you have to figure that at 32, it’s difficult for him to get into the proper mind set. Even so, I’d still take him over anyone we have right now :!:

Cheers.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
theYemster wrote:

I’m still not convinced we have anyone who’s better than Mikel. Certainly, he’s lost a pace or two but when he’s properly motivated, he’s hard to match... and you have to figure that at 32, it’s difficult for him to get into the proper mind set. Even so, I’d still take him over anyone we have right now :!:

Cheers.
Lol Mikel is done, has nothing to even do with his age or anything, football no just dey him body again. When I saw Mikel struggle terribly in that Madagascar game, I knew it was time for him to call it quits. As for his replacement, we don't need to have another "Mikel"... let the player who steps up to his role, carve a niche for himself.