Who will take our number 10 shirt?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who will take our number 10 shirt?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Why are Nigerians so obsessed with the No 10 ? There seems to be an unreasonable expectation with that jersey. People think whoever wears it is supposed to dribble the opponent and score 3 goals a game. Unfortunately, the old style No 10 has been married it in the rubbish bin by modern tactics. Your No 10 is now your tactics.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

kai! some of you guys are olodo in football.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Why are Nigerians so obsessed with the No 10 ? There seems to be an unreasonable expectation with that jersey. People think whoever wears it is supposed to dribble the opponent and score 3 goals a game. Unfortunately, the old style No 10 has been married it in the rubbish bin by modern tactics. Your No 10 is now your tactics.
Its not just Nigerians haba!

"10" is one of the most emblematic squad numbers in football, due to the sheer number of football legends that used the number 10 shirt; playmakers, second strikers and attacking midfielders usually wear this number.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squad_num ... _football)
Why So Many Of The World's Greatest Soccer Players Wear #10
Lionel Messi wears no. 10.
Neymar wears no. 10.
Wayne Rooney wears no. 10.
Part of the reasoning for the popularity of the no. 10 goes back to Diego Maradona and Pelé, two of the greatest players that ever lived. They both wore no. 10, so it would be a natural extension for many of today's best players to choose that number.

But there is actually more to it than that and it starts with why both Maradona and Pelé wore the greatest of football numbers.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-gre ... ?r=US&IR=T
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sir V wrote:kai! some of you guys are olodo in football.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We have to continue to help Kongi as best as we can.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Btw, the #10 shirt remains a valued football commodity. Nigeria is not an exception.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Enugu II wrote:Btw, the #10 shirt remains a valued football commodity. Nigeria is not an exception.
Chelsea gave it to Willian so maybe it isn't that important.
EagleGunner
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleGunner »

Iwobi

Super Eagles Apparel Storefront

http://bit.ly/2KAOOse
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

kalani JR wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Btw, the #10 shirt remains a valued football commodity. Nigeria is not an exception.
Chelsea defines football? How about many that value it? Brazil, Argentina, etc? Law of small numbers (????) as opposed to law of large numbers.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Chelsea defines football? How about many that value it? Brazil, Argentina, etc? Law of small numbers (????) as opposed to law of large numbers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Enugu II wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Brazil gave it to him too! Even Dani Alves is wearing it for São Paulo. If we gave it to Mikel for over 10 years, I don't see why Jamilu Collins can't be in the reckoning.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Anyone posting Nwakali's name in a chat about 2019/20 SE will be invited to undergo a basic football knowledge test before they make another post.

They will also need to attain a score of 55% - a low benchmark if we are honest :tic:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

cchinukw wrote:Anyone posting Nwakali's name in a chat about 2019/20 SE will be invited to undergo a basic football knowledge test before they make another post.

They will also need to attain a score of 55% - a low benchmark if we are honest :tic:
:agree: :thumbs: :thumbs:

btw, the shirt numbers now are purely commercial than field position
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kalani JR wrote:I will take it.
Thank you bro! I will take it also. It means we will both have to compete for the Shirt.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Odas wrote:
Thank you bro! I will take it also. It means we will both have to compete for the Shirt.
I just made Flying Eagles so it might be a while for me, so you can keep it warm for me.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kalani JR wrote:
Odas wrote:
I just made Flying Eagles so it might be a while for me, so you can keep it warm for me.
:mrgreen:

You are klazy :mrgreen:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051