VIDEO: Who is Joe Aribo?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

joao
Egg
Egg
Re: VIDEO: Who is Joe Aribo?

Post by joao »

Rangers played today and won. Anyone know hos this guy did?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

joao wrote:Rangers played today and won. Anyone know hos this guy did?
he didn't play today(I guess the coach figured he could be rested) , but he's been very instrumental in their progress so far and has scored I believe 3 Goals again playing full minutes in each game. Another player having a very good season is Sheyi Ojo, scored today and has made the most assist so far.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

A little surprised by this call-up. Admittedly, I haven't seen much of him at Rangers (only highlights). I've watched him quite a bit at Charlton (as recent as the league 1 play-offs). I thought he was an OK player. Box to Box MF, has good energy and drive but didn't think he was SE level at that point. In fact it never even came to my mind that he should be in the national pool at that point. He will likely improve and probably has under a manager like Gerrard. Not really against the call-up but I think those expecting him to grab a starting shirt with the SE may be disapointed.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

ohenhen1 wrote:No Okechukwu

But Rohr invites Aribo?
Aribo is a better tackler than Etebo and this kid scores goals....he is basically a poor man's Gerard.....

slightly better than Etebo and far better than Azubike.....for now
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enyi wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:No Okechukwu

But Rohr invites Aribo?
Aribo is a better tackler than Etebo and this kid scores goals....he is basically a poor man's Gerard.....

slightly better than Etebo and far better than Azubike.....for now
Also if we are talking Azubuike we should rather look at Azeez who is a better more polished version of that type of shortish destroyer that keeps it simple. I'd select him before Azubuike for sure, and is currently playing at a higher level and did decently vs Samu's Villareal.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2019/08/stev ... p-display/
Steven Gerrard's comments on Joe Aribo.
I am happy
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Dammy wrote:http://www.talkingbaws.com/2019/08/stev ... p-display/
lol.....no quite....did scout Joe for Southampton and west ham..... can be Patrick Vieira or end up as Solomon Kwambe.......He needs a coach that is a tiny bit racist......not that he hates black ppl but cannot tolerate certain things that they get away with, like lateness to training and lackluster attitude....

in fact to think of it, he is a typical Rohr player.....First on the pitch last one off
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enyi wrote:
lol.....no quite....did scout Joe for Southampton and west ham..... can be Patrick Vieira or end up as Solomon Kwambe.......He needs a coach that is a tiny bit racist......not that he hates black ppl but cannot tolerate certain things that they get away with, like lateness to training and lackluster attitude....

in fact to think of it, he is a typical Rohr player.....First on the pitch last one off
That sounds like a racist comment.....and I'm sure you are black. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote:
Enyi wrote:

That sounds like a racist comment.....and I'm sure you are black. :idea:

You'd be surprised how many so called black people believe that crap. The mugu obviously has a complex, he thinks he's a better kind of black.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Agali confident Aribo will succeed with Eagles
By Abdulquadir Adedapo - August 19, 2019 96 0
SHARE Facebook Twitter
http://aoifootball.com/2019/08/19/agali ... th-eagles/

Former Super Eagles striker, Victor Agali has expressed his confidence in the ability of Rangers midfielder and Eagles’ new invitee, Joe Aribo to succeed in the national team after his impressive performance at the weekend in Scotland, AOIFootball.com reports.

The former Bordeaux of France player, who heads the scouting department for coach Gernot Rohr, told AOIFootball.com exclusively that a lot of effort was put into identifying the 24-year-old and he has absolutely no doubt that it will be another success for the country.

“I believe Nigerians will be excited about Aribo because he is a player we studied for a while and decided it was time to bring him to the national team.

“My work as the chief scout of the Eagles is to identify players that will help improve the team, we did it with Semi Ajayi and we saw how brilliant he has been when called into action even though he wasn’t a part of the AFCON,” Agali said.

Agali further said that the cry of millions of Nigerians for a creative midfielder played a key part in the decision to bring in Aribo, whilst stressing that the player offers more both as a central midfielder and an attacking midfielder.

Since his appointment in November 2017, the 40-year-old has added his own quota to the national team, bringing in players like Semi Ajayi, Simy Nwankwo, Paul Onuachu, just to mention a few.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

To be honest the list of players scouted by Agali dey one kind. They all play in Lowe tier leagues..Denmark, Championship, and now Scotland.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote:To be honest the list of players scouted by Agali dey one kind. They all play in Lowe tier leagues..Denmark, Championship, and now Scotland.
The issue is not where they play but that they have not impressed enough to become a regular in the team.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."