Baba ROHR you're the man

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Baba ROHR you're the man

Post by john12 »

Damunk Musa is only 26 no way his getting dropped anytime soon except he retires. The bobo will be in our 2022 world cup squad should we Qualify
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:Damunk Musa is only 26 no way his getting dropped anytime soon except he retires. The bobo will be in our 2022 world cup squad should we Qualify
It's not about age, its about form.
Idowu is 26, was dropped.
Ihenacho is 22, was dropped (now recalled)
Success is 23, was dropped.

I respect Musa but I'm not a shriner.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Age, experience, form matters alot and musa still qualifies for all 3. Infact, why would you potentially drop him for any of these rookies at the Next WC (if we qualify) knowing his records at WC. Musa is definitely going to be at SE from now until 2022 except he retires
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
cchinukw wrote:Musa will soon be SE history if he doesn't relocate to a better league. Nonsense!
Musa's days are numbered anyway.

This is all a subjective argument but he is barely holding onto a place in the team and that is simply by virtue of his seniority - which will soon evaporate.
As soon as the young guns solidify their position(s) and there emerges an obvious team captain, Musa is gone as a first XI player. Relocating to Europe might help small but the new players are likely to eclipse him in the next 12 months, no argument.

It is a testament to the strength of the squad and not a blight on him.
He needs to be respected, but better players dey, simple.
Onyekuru should claim his place for instance.
Its there for the taking.

Rohr knows best
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

john12 wrote:Age, experience, form matters alot and musa still qualifies for all 3. Infact, why would you potentially drop him for any of these rookies at the Next WC (if we qualify) knowing his records at WC. Musa is definitely going to be at SE from now until 2022 except he retires
Surely you are not in a position to make a verdict on that, except you are Musa's lover or PA boy, both of which to be fair... seem very unlikely.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Of course, you know I'm neither that's why you should listen to what I say regarding Musa. Obviously, there's no benefit for me. He is Nigeria current top scorer, experienced, team captain and still 26 years old. Currently, he is the only active player to have scored a goal at the wc and for those reasons, he must continue until 2022 WC is over
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:You don't need to be a Rohr hater or fan to know that at least based on recent statistics, the SE players have enjoyed more big moves in their respective leagues/ clubs under Rohr's tenure than any other coach in recent history (maybe the statisticians like Enugu II can back me up on this)... in just a transfer window, 80% of our boys made moves to some of the top leagues in Europe few weeks after the AFCON tournament,. someone like Collins whom nobody probably even heard of was discovered by Rohr, and then went from a div 2 player in the Bundesliga to playing top flight football... this things are definitely just mere coincidences. Not a Rohr fan in the least, but I'm smart enough to observe certain dynamics.
It is not Rohr. Afcon is now been played in the summer. Has it occurred to people that Nigeria players are just in demand now. We used to get big moves to clubs like Ajax, Milan, Barcelona, PSG, Chelsea and etc.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
So all our players before now broke their legs or tore their cruciates after the February AFCONs, preventing them from big summer moves abi?
I see. :D
I do think that Rohr making the team more stable has contributed to all these moves, but I do agree with ohenhen that moving the Afcon to summer has helped with signing of African players, especially those that are not major stars. I can see how teams are more willing now to add African players knowing they wont bolt out in the middle of the season.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: this is laughable..so moving the Afcon has nothing to do with African players being signed oh my...the wowos are in full force :rotf: kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:Age, experience, form matters alot and musa still qualifies for all 3. Infact, why would you potentially drop him for any of these rookies at the Next WC (if we qualify) knowing his records at WC. Musa is definitely going to be at SE from now until 2022 except he retires
John12, maybe we should consider bringing back Efe Ambrose for his 'experience'
"Next WC" l'ohun l'ohun...

He might not survive the next match, you dey mention next WC. :lol:
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Aina, Ebuehi and Jamiu Collins (although he was already at Paderborn I believe, before he was capped). I don't think he had a "significant" influence on the career trajectory of the other players listed.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Doc, if efe had a previous trajectory of exceptional performances at world cup and is currently active then maybe he can be considered for world cup but he dosen't and that makes your comparison invalid. When it comes to world cup, EXPERIENCE is extremely vital and talent isn't good enough. Have you noticed many instances of players Folding, choking at WC?? Yes, I have noticed many instances
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

john12 wrote:When he got hired we we were ranked 66th in the world and had missed back to back ANC. Now, we are ranked 33th in the world. But the most important of all, is that most of our 11 are not at BACKWATER LEAGUES anymore, they're now at Midrated teams at the top 5 leagues in the world. The next step is for them to put in world class performances at midrated teams then transfer to WORLDCLASS teams. Just look at these changes under rohr tutelage

1) Aina - chelsea B team to starter at SERIA A
2) ebuehi- ado hang to BENFICA
3) ekong Turkey backwater to SERIA A
4) Collins - BUNDESLIGA
5) NDIDI belgium BACKWATER to EPL
6) onyekuru- Belgium BACKWATER TO MONACO
7) samuel kalu - belgium BACKWATER to lique 1
8) osimehn - BELGIUM backwater to Lique 1

All these guys made huge progress under the tutelage of rohr

I was going to write a similar post yesterday but no time.

Your isn't complete tho.

1. Simon - Belgium to lique 1
2. Troost Ekong - Norway to Serie A
3. Omeruo - low clubs in turkey to Laliga
4. Awaziem - Porto B to Laliga
5. Idowu - sone now liquated club in Russia to Lokomotiv
6. Onazi is still onazi :roll:

*Onyekuru - He first invited Onyekuru to the SE when he was in Eupen. He believed in him long before all the haters started shoiuting "he didnt play onyekuru".

*Osimhem - He started inviting osimhem from Wolfsburg B team.

*Lets not forget how he snapped Chukwueze first 3months of professional football.

*Etebo was in his first 10months in Farreinse, the minute he got off injury, he gave him an invite.

And the simple way he achieved all these was to ensure only players playing regulalrly for their clubs, get an invite. Players in better leagues, get special consideration while those in lower leagues, playing regular football, are given a fair tryout.

Today, we have players all trying to move to better leagues so they can get a look-in. He has brought pride for the green and white back to the players. Now players are moving higher and putting pressure on the current SE players. We hear of players in Genk, Brugge, Trabzonspor, Gala, Antwerp, Mainz, Bologna etc and they are not even been considered yet.

We should also give props to NFF and Nigerians that just find business out of any situation. Its a process that started 9yrs ago and today, we have academies producing quality players and shipping them out.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:Doc, if efe had a previous trajectory of exceptional performances at world cup and is currently active then maybe he can be considered for world cup but he dosen't and that makes your comparison invalid. When it comes to world cup, EXPERIENCE is extremely vital and talent isn't good enough. Have you noticed many instances of players Folding, choking at WC?? Yes, I have noticed many instances
What we are saying is that experience doesn't trump everything.
If he has the experience but his form is markedly inferior to younger, less experienced players then he loses his spot.
Personally, I think Musa's days as a first eleven automatic are already done.

Let's bet....over the next one year he will become a squad player unless he has a great renewed run of form.
The younger players are not on the decline. They are getting better.

Don't take it personally, but the tipping point is very close.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chief nfachairman wrote:
john12 wrote:When he got hired we we were ranked 66th in the world and had missed back to back ANC. Now, we are ranked 33th in the world. But the most important of all, is that most of our 11 are not at BACKWATER LEAGUES anymore, they're now at Midrated teams at the top 5 leagues in the world. The next step is for them to put in world class performances at midrated teams then transfer to WORLDCLASS teams. Just look at these changes under rohr tutelage

4) Collins - BUNDESLIGA

I was going to write a similar post yesterday but no time.

Your isn't complete tho.

1. Simon - Belgium to lique 1
2. Troost Ekong - Norway to Serie A
3. Omeruo - low clubs in turkey to Laliga
4. Awaziem - Porto B to Laliga
5. Idowu - sone now liquated club in Russia to Lokomotiv
6. Onazi is still onazi :roll:

*Onyekuru - He first invited Onyekuru to the SE when he was in Eupen. He believed in him long before all the haters started shoiuting "he didnt play onyekuru".

*Osimhem - He started inviting osimhem from Wolfsburg B team.

*Lets not forget how he snapped Chukwueze first 3months of professional football.

*Etebo was in his first 10months in Farreinse, the minute he got off injury, he gave him an invite.

And the simple way he achieved all these was to ensure only players playing regulalrly for their clubs, get an invite. Players in better leagues, get special consideration while those in lower leagues, playing regular football, are given a fair tryout.

Today, we have players all trying to move to better leagues so they can get a look-in. He has brought pride for the green and white back to the players. Now players are moving higher and putting pressure on the current SE players. We hear of players in Genk, Brugge, Trabzonspor, Gala, Antwerp, Mainz, Bologna etc and they are not even been considered yet.
We should also give props to NFF and Nigerians that just find business out of any situation. Its a process that started 9yrs ago and today, we have academies producing quality players and shipping them out.
Oh God!
More facts to torment the Feelings Brigade! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Player movements under Keshi(RIP)

Victor Moses from Crystal Palace to Chelsea

Vincent Enyeama from Israel to Lille

Ighalo from Norway to Grenada then Udineses and then Watford

Onazi was at Lazio

Omeruo to Chelsea

Musa to Leicester

Ideye Brown to West Brom

Emenike to Fernaberche

Mikel Obi was at Chelsea
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Anytime we hail rohr the first thing do is praise Keshi (rip) not realizing that some of us hailing rohr now also hailed keshi. Just because we're supporting rohr doesn't mean we hated keshi and even if you think keshi was unfairly treated it doesn't means that rohr also has to be unfairly treated. (They were treated the same). Doc, based on Musa form prior to the last world cup, some insensible coaches might had dropped him but his experience was VITAL and that EXPERIENCE is invaluable. Musa isn't getting dropped anytime soon except retirement or injuries. It's a damm shame if I may say
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria players are in demand regardless of who is coaching the national team.
Omeruo played well at Leganes that is why he secured a permanent move to Leganes

Osimhen scored over 16 goal last year, and was a hot prospect after the U17 world cup that is why he secured a move to Lille He made the move despite Rohr benching him at Afcon and calling him lazy and weak.

Onyekurru was also benched by Rohr, hardly plays under Rohr. He secured the move to Monaco because of his performance with Galatasray last season . Henry Onyekuru scored 14 goals last season.

Aina was already at Cheslea, secured his move to Torino after he impressed on loan.

My point is Nigeria players are securing the moves because of their performances not because of your great white hope coach.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:This thread is funny. Like Rohr can influence player transfers. Lets looks at the facts.

Samuel Chukwuze, Osimhen, Onyekuru and etc all played well last season. That is why they are moving to bigger clubs or arein demand. It is not because of one coach in Nigeria.
And that's why they were picked and taken to AFCON in case you didn't notice. :D
Whie you're at it, tell us who in the squad played badly last season apart from Iheanacho who....oopps! He was dropped! My bad! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

This is why your type can never build a team successfully.
No medium or long term vision.
You will pack a team full of rookies into your first 11 and then be looking like Lucozade when they crash out in the first round to less talented but more battle-weathered opposition.
I have a vision. My vision is simple, I want a progressive SE team, not a conservative defensive team. Age doesn't matter. Youth development is important. No automatic shirt or callups.
Yes. Your vision is a 'here and now' vision. Instant gratification. Nothing else matters. No time for nurturing, no need for transition. If need be, take the U20 team to the WC. They are good enough.
Why "waste time"? :D

Typical Nigerian. :thumb:

Youth development is now instant gratification?

No loyalty to under performing players. Akpeyi would have been dropped a long time ago.

Musa will play more centrally, never on the wings. If his form drops because he plays in Saudi Arabia, he too will be dropped.

oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Lets be fair Rohr has helped but we are just not sure we will win any trophy under him. He has no track record of winning trophies but if stability is more important to the team right now than Trophies then so be it.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:This thread is funny. Like Rohr can influence player transfers. Lets looks at the facts.

Samuel Chukwuze, Osimhen, Onyekuru and etc all played well last season. That is why they are moving to bigger clubs or arein demand. It is not because of one coach in Nigeria.
And that's why they were picked and taken to AFCON in case you didn't notice. :D
Whie you're at it, tell us who in the squad played badly last season apart from Iheanacho who....oopps! He was dropped! My bad! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

This is why your type can never build a team successfully.
No medium or long term vision.
You will pack a team full of rookies into your first 11 and then be looking like Lucozade when they crash out in the first round to less talented but more battle-weathered opposition.
I have a vision. My vision is simple, I want a progressive SE team, not a conservative defensive team. Age doesn't matter. Youth development is important. No automatic shirt or callups.
Yes. Your vision is a 'here and now' vision. Instant gratification. Nothing else matters. No time for nurturing, no need for transition. If need be, take the U20 team to the WC. They are good enough.
Why "waste time"? :D

Typical Nigerian. :thumb:

Youth development is now instant gratification?

No loyalty to under performing players. Akpeyi would have been dropped a long time ago.

Musa will play more centrally, never on the wings. If his form drops because he plays in Saudi Arabia, he too will be dropped.
Key word is 'development'.
Development is a process which you fail to appreciate. Instant gratification is what you are advocating - dropping in at the deep end young players still on their own 'development' curve. Not all of them will survive.
In your blind dislike for the coach you see nothing credible in 'gradual exposure'.
So much so that you are stubbornly sticking to your guns that Osimhen should have been played ahead of Ighalo despite Ighalo winning the Golden Boot.
You won't even concede that you might have been wrong on even that, and Rohr right.

That's why I say you are the typical Nigerian you so love to criticize.
Ego. :lol:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oscar52 wrote:Lets be fair Rohr has helped but we are just not sure we will win any trophy under him. He has no track record of winning trophies but if stability is more important to the team right now than Trophies then so be it.
Most rational people would rather go for a period of stability and then win trophies than go outright for the trophy and then spend years in a state of trophyless instability.
All things going well, these young players will all continue to grow and we should have a top team challenging for titles outside the continent for the next 10 years.

But hey, let's rush them all in now-now because we will be very 'understanding' when they fail.
Yeah, right. :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria can do both at the same time. Stability and winning trophies.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

4) Collins - BUNDESLIGA

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You natives are somn else.

You didn't accuse him of pimping players?

Meanwhile, Rohr had ZERO to do with those moves. If he actually had any influence he will get his highest goal scorer a reputable club... or get one of his Keepers into an average club. Or maybe get one of the fringe players he refuses to call up a team... like say, the Nwakalis.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!