Siasia Banned for life by FIFA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

joao
Egg
Egg
Re: BREAKING: Siasia Press Conference Tomorrow....

Post by joao »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Are you still in Seattle? If you are wait for me
Comedy time!
Attempt to derail thread.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Siasia Banned for life by FIFA

Post by kolinzo »

Sad, but collateral damage achieved. Message clearly sent to anybody involved in football bribery (at least in Naija).
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Are you still in Seattle? If you are wait for me
Fat Gay Piggy, stop trying to get gay dates on CE. There are many gay websites where you may get some interest.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SIASIA MAY NOT BE GUILTY

Post by Cristao II »

JACKAL wrote:Based on the information currently released by FIFA, I just don't see how Siasia is guilty of match fixing.

Basically, they are saying he agreed to fix match but they didn't actually say he did it. They may have him on tape saying it, but still, that doesn't mean he fixed a match.

Its like saying someone agreed to commit a Murder, but didn't actually go through with it. It is an offence to commit murder or attempt to commit murder, but if he just says it the prosecutor has to prove his intent, that he really meant to do it and had made concrete verifiable moves to commit the offence.

Maybe he was joking when he said it, maybe he had a change of heart, maybe he was under duress when he said it, maybe he said it and didn't understand what they were asking him to do etc... these are all the things that the prosecution has to prove before pronouncing him guilty. Even if guilty under the circumstances the death penalty or a life ban is not the appropriate punishment for that offence.

While i dont condone match fixing, FIFA has to give us more that what they are saying to ban the man for life. Others who have been found to fix matches in the past have not always been banned for life. Ask Juventus or Paul Putt who is still coaching in Africa !!
Who is us? :???: :???: :???:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

JACKAL wrote:Based on the information currently released by FIFA, I just don't see how Siasia is guilty of match fixing.

Basically, they are saying he agreed to fix match but they didn't actually say he did it. They may have him on tape saying it, but still, that doesn't mean he fixed a match.

Its like saying someone agreed to commit a Murder, but didn't actually go through with it. It is an offence to commit murder or attempt to commit murder, but if he just says it the prosecutor has to prove his intent, that he really meant to do it and had made concrete verifiable moves to commit the offence.

Maybe he was joking when he said it, maybe he had a change of heart, maybe he was under duress when he said it, maybe he said it and didn't understand what they were asking him to do etc... these are all the things that the prosecution has to prove before pronouncing him guilty. Even if guilty under the circumstances the death penalty or a life ban is not the appropriate punishment for that offence.

While i dont condone match fixing, FIFA has to give us more that what they are saying to ban the man for life. Others who have been found to fix matches in the past have not always been banned for life. Ask Juventus or Paul Putt who is still coaching in Africa !!
Keep quiet and people would think you are stupid. Open your mouth and they would know you are stupid. You could have spared us this gibberish by finding out what rule $ia$ia breached and what is the stipulated punishment for that breach.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Cellular wrote: Nna, no need going on with this with you. You have already presumed him guilty.

However, there are legal acceptable standards all over the world when serving someone with 'summons' to appear for a legal hearing. Questions remain if FIFA and Mr. Siasia have communicated with the medium in the past. If FIFA has evidence that Siasia received and read the said email correspondence?

No one but you is bringing in "thoughtlessness, forgetfulness, etc.."
No presumption. He has been found guilty in a quasi judicial process.

Fifa is meant to notify you for you to defend yourself. This investigation has been going on for months and it is clear that they communicated with $ia$ia more than once. Their brief is to let you know what they are doing, give you a chance to defend yourself, etc. They should not ensure you read their communications. That's on you.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

cic old boy wrote:

Keep quiet and people would think you are stupid. Open your mouth and they would know you are stupid. You could have spared us this gibberish by finding out what rule $ia$ia breached and what is the stipulated punishment for that breach.

You this CIC guy, na wa for you o ! FIFA has not shown you anything yet...no evidence, no proof, nothing yet ! ...and you are ready to destroy the man on an admitted crooks words. :curse:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Cristao II wrote:

Who is us? :???: :???: :???:
"us" ...I meant fair minded people with common sense !
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

zee wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Dem kidnap him mama and some jokers are here insulting him..smh..I pity cic....your life ...smh....
He is still a bloody crook..........keep your daft emotional silliness to yourself.
Honestly, these your infantile petulance is really getting very boring. Do you always have to insult everyone that does not agree with you? Yes we get it, you do not like the dude. Just move over, damn! :oops:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

onwuatuegwu wrote:
zee wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Dem kidnap him mama and some jokers are here insulting him..smh..I pity cic....your life ...smh....
He is still a bloody crook..........keep your daft emotional silliness to yourself.
Honestly, these your infantile petulance is really getting very boring. Do you always have to insult everyone that does not agree with you? Yes we get it, you do not like the dude. Just move over, damn! :oops:
:rotf: you should know people wey throw insults dey vex, so dem thoughts don finish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

pajimoh wrote:
Cellular wrote:
charlie wrote:So is SiaSia speaking to the press or not?!
I wouldn't advise him to have one.
Even to clear up if he was notified by FIFA or not and his next course of action?
He shouldn't rush to make a statement. He should study the charges and the punishment meted out and then hold a Press Conference if he so wishes.
At this stage, the best course of action would've been to release a statement.

Not a Presser!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Keshi and Amodu died in the same week. Siasia is banned for life while his mother is being abused by kidnappers. Oliseh quit under immense pressure from agents and strange health issues (be like sey dem jazz or poison am). What a terrible outcome for Nigerian coaching and football. All but Oliseh were said to be on the take. Professionalism is important, working without pay is not the way to go.

Meanwhile the responsible administrators are bigstouting, peppersouping their way to Brazil in October for u17 world cup. Currently figuring out how to include their ashi budget in the federation expenses.

A Nigerian aspiring to coach Nigeria. What a terrible place to be.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Some of you were expecting SSS to make a statement, shows many of yall are clueless when it comes to litigations etc. Sss did the right thing to have his lawyer give a statement...kai it is official many CEs on this forum no be am at all..kai
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

felarey wrote:Keshi and Amodu died in the same week. Siasia is banned for life while his mother is being abused by kidnappers. Oliseh quit under immense pressure from agents and strange health issues (be like sey dem jazz or poison am). What a terrible outcome for Nigerian coaching and football. All but Oliseh were said to be on the take. Professionalism is important, working without pay is not the way to go.

Meanwhile the responsible administrators are bigstouting, peppersouping their way to Brazil in October for u17 world cup. Currently figuring out how to include their ashi budget in the federation expenses.

Hey why even bother? It's shocking I tell you
SuperEagles

onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

felarey wrote:Keshi and Amodu died in the same week. Siasia is banned for life while his mother is being abused by kidnappers. Oliseh quit under immense pressure from agents and strange health issues (be like sey dem jazz or poison am). What a terrible outcome for Nigerian coaching and football. All but Oliseh were said to be on the take. Professionalism is important, working without pay is not the way to go.

Very well put :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Warning to local coaches: Coach the national team at your own peril. :sad:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
What I find disingenuous about the fraudulent cartel known as FIFA is that they didn't attempt to send him a Registered Certified mail seeing the seriousness of the charges.

It is patently unfair even if he is guilty.
Uncle, 2 things:

1. Stop concentrating on your ACCURATE prejudice of what FIFA is. Concentrate on the matter at hand. Your prejudice of FIFA is clouding your judgment; and

2. FIFA does not need to send Registered Certified mail. This is not a court of law. What is FIFA's accepted and agreed mode of communication with all FIFA members? if it is email, then why should they do something special just for Siasia?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote: Nna, no need going on with this with you. You have already presumed him guilty.

However, there are legal acceptable standards all over the world when serving someone with 'summons' to appear for a legal hearing. Questions remain if FIFA and Mr. Siasia have communicated with the medium in the past. If FIFA has evidence that Siasia received and read the said email correspondence?

Uncle:

1. this is NOT a summons

2. this is NOT a legal hearing--- it's an administrative proceeding

3. When an organization has a standard of communication, all their members agree to and accept that standard of communication. The organization does not have to prove that you got the correspondence. It is incumbent upon you to get it, once you have agreed to that mode of communication. So, long as they can provide proof that they sent it!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

onwuatuegwu wrote:
zee wrote:
I don't like crooks of any 'shade'......whether football coaches or crooked Nnamdi Kanu. :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

JACKAL wrote: You this CIC guy, na wa for you o ! FIFA has not shown you anything yet...no evidence, no proof, nothing yet ! ...and you are ready to destroy the man on an admitted crooks words. :curse: [/color]
:lol: :lol: Fifa doesn't need to show me anything. I'm not the one charged with breaking their rules. They showed $ia$ia the charges, investigated it, and found him guilty and banned him.

Why would the crooks at Fifa want to destroy $ia$ia? Or was it $ia$ia's village enemies doing this to him?

PS: Read the charge, investigate what article was breached, find out what the punishment is. All this info is at your fingertips. You have no reason for your ignorance, apart from laziness.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

JACKAL wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

You this CIC guy, na wa for you o ! FIFA has not shown you anything yet...no evidence, no proof, nothing yet ! ...and you are ready to destroy the man on an admitted crooks words. :curse:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So when you read in the papers a person has been convicted for murder, you ask the court for proof, the papers, the evidence?

When FIFA convicts South American, no one asked for proof. When FIFA convicts Blatter, Platini etc, no one asked for proof. When FIFA convicts other Africans, no one asked for proof. When FIFA convicts one of our own, the heir apparent to the SE coaching throne, na proof, emails, letters, videos we dey ask for. Wait for proof now

Abeg Sia1 go appeal and clear ya name
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
Cellular wrote:
charlie wrote:So is SiaSia speaking to the press or not?!
I wouldn't advise him to have one.
Even to clear up if he was notified by FIFA or not and his next course of action?
That can easily be done in a press release.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Purity wrote:Siasia did not show up. Only his lawyers showed. Sad. Journalist waited for this.
:clap: :clap: :clap: smart move! Guess he is being advised by a smart person.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote:

Uncle:

1. this is NOT a summons

2. this is NOT a legal hearing--- it's an administrative proceeding

3. When an organization has a standard of communication, all their members agree to and accept that standard of communication. The organization does not have to prove that you got the correspondence. It is incumbent upon you to get it, once you have agreed to that mode of communication. So, long as they can provide proof that they sent it!
Oga, what is the full term for "an administrative proceeding"? It is, an "Administrative Legal Proceeding". The choice of bringing legal representation is entirely up to you but not necessarily required.

When you are sent a "Query" aka Summons (Legal Complaint) and you are expected to respond (either in person or you send a written response to the complaint), and failure to respond is tantamount to an admission of guilt, the minimum standard in most jurisdiction is that the mode of communication (serving of a legal notice) must be established prior to sending the "Query" (Legal notice).

At the time they sent the "Query" to Siasia, he was NOT an employee of the Naijarian Football Federation neither did he have ANY dealings with FIFA in any capacity. Under what understanding is FIFA sending a private citizen an Administrative Enquiry/Query via email? The beginning of the legal process actually starts with an acceptable means of giving Legal notices to the accused.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!