Nigeria players only club football game threads: 8/17/19

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Suleiman Abdullahi (0) vs. (4) RB Leipzig (Bundesliga)

Post by niyi »

Ujah came on in the second half. Lookman was missing for RB Leipzig. Injury?

I think RB Leipzig with Nagelsmann have a good chance of coming 1st or 2nd this season
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria players only club football game threads: 8/17/19

Post by niyi »

Igboun had a brace today in the Russian League. He's been consistent for a while now but I reckon the only way he'll get a chance with the Eagles is if Oliseh becomes our coach again.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Dammy wrote:Simy (Crotone), Ekong (Udinese).and Kingsley (Bologna), all start for their clubs in today's Italian Cup matches. Could Paveman give us an update on Kingsley's performance today. I'm particularly interested in him as he could give us depth in midfield.
Dammy, I don’t think the game was televised and I couldn’t see his performance. I had a look at the local based newspaper websites and italian football reviews. They don’t particularly single out Kinglsey Michael but the Repubblica of Bologna roughly-translated says ‘fresh from his new contract extension, Michael played with great personality and took the reins of Bologna’s midfield’. Looking at Bologna’s bench, and considering that he started ahead of some midfielders who are definitely more experienced, and considering that this was a do-or-die cup match, I was surprised to see him start. Looks promising!

Edit: his coach (di leo standing in for mihailovic) had this to say about Michael after the game: He is a humble boy who applies himself very well and plays with a lot of personality and character. We are happy wih him and very happy to have him back in the team.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

niyi wrote:Igboun had a brace today in the Russian League. He's been consistent for a while now but I reckon the only way he'll get a chance with the Eagles is if Oliseh becomes our coach again.
The competition at striking position is tough and Sly is now 28. Unless he has a superb season, I don’t think he can overhaul the present SE strikers. Had he been the ‘tall mould’ striker, then possibly, but I can’t see him taking the place of osimhen, onyekuru, kalu, etc etc.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Paveman wrote:
niyi wrote:Igboun had a brace today in the Russian League. He's been consistent for a while now but I reckon the only way he'll get a chance with the Eagles is if Oliseh becomes our coach again.
The competition at striking position is tough and Sly is now 28. Unless he has a superb season, I don’t think he can overhaul the present SE strikers. Had he been the ‘tall mould’ striker, then possibly, but I can’t see him taking the place of osimhen, onyekuru, kalu, etc etc.
Thought he was a second striker/central attacking midfielder. No?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Second striker, yes.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Paveman wrote:
Dammy wrote:Simy (Crotone), Ekong (Udinese).and Kingsley (Bologna), all start for their clubs in today's Italian Cup matches. Could Paveman give us an update on Kingsley's performance today. I'm particularly interested in him as he could give us depth in midfield.
Dammy, I don’t think the game was televised and I couldn’t see his performance. I had a look at the local based newspaper websites and italian football reviews. They don’t particularly single out Kinglsey Michael but the Repubblica of Bologna roughly-translated says ‘fresh from his new contract extension, Michael played with great personality and took the reins of Bologna’s midfield’. Looking at Bologna’s bench, and considering that he started ahead of some midfielders who are definitely more experienced, and considering that this was a do-or-die cup match, I was surprised to see him start. Looks promising!

Edit: his coach (di leo standing in for mihailovic) had this to say about Michael after the game: He is a humble boy who applies himself very well and plays with a lot of personality and character. We are happy wih him and very happy to have him back in the team.
Thanks for the update.
I am happy
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Dammy,

FYI, it seems Simy Nwankwo got injured in the warm up to the game today. In fact, Nanni took his place in Crotone starting line-up and Simy was nowhere to be seen, not even on the bench. I am trying to find out more about this.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Actually, I have been informed that Simy suffered a very violent attack of influenza this afternoon and couldn’t play....
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Paveman wrote:Actually, I have been informed that Simy suffered a very violent attack of influenza this afternoon and couldn’t play....
Thanks
I am happy