Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 9461
Ujah came on in the second half. Lookman was missing for RB Leipzig. Injury?

I think RB Leipzig with Nagelsmann have a good chance of coming 1st or 2nd this season

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 9461
Igboun had a brace today in the Russian League. He's been consistent for a while now but I reckon the only way he'll get a chance with the Eagles is if Oliseh becomes our coach again.

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2461
Location: Malta
Dammy wrote:
Simy (Crotone), Ekong (Udinese).and Kingsley (Bologna), all start for their clubs in today's Italian Cup matches. Could Paveman give us an update on Kingsley's performance today. I'm particularly interested in him as he could give us depth in midfield.


Dammy, I don’t think the game was televised and I couldn’t see his performance. I had a look at the local based newspaper websites and italian football reviews. They don’t particularly single out Kinglsey Michael but the Repubblica of Bologna roughly-translated says ‘fresh from his new contract extension, Michael played with great personality and took the reins of Bologna’s midfield’. Looking at Bologna’s bench, and considering that he started ahead of some midfielders who are definitely more experienced, and considering that this was a do-or-die cup match, I was surprised to see him start. Looks promising!

Edit: his coach (di leo standing in for mihailovic) had this to say about Michael after the game: He is a humble boy who applies himself very well and plays with a lot of personality and character. We are happy wih him and very happy to have him back in the team.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2461
Location: Malta
niyi wrote:
Igboun had a brace today in the Russian League. He's been consistent for a while now but I reckon the only way he'll get a chance with the Eagles is if Oliseh becomes our coach again.


The competition at striking position is tough and Sly is now 28. Unless he has a superb season, I don’t think he can overhaul the present SE strikers. Had he been the ‘tall mould’ striker, then possibly, but I can’t see him taking the place of osimhen, onyekuru, kalu, etc etc.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 9461
Paveman wrote:
niyi wrote:
Igboun had a brace today in the Russian League. He's been consistent for a while now but I reckon the only way he'll get a chance with the Eagles is if Oliseh becomes our coach again.


The competition at striking position is tough and Sly is now 28. Unless he has a superb season, I don’t think he can overhaul the present SE strikers. Had he been the ‘tall mould’ striker, then possibly, but I can’t see him taking the place of osimhen, onyekuru, kalu, etc etc.


Thought he was a second striker/central attacking midfielder. No?

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2461
Location: Malta
Second striker, yes.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 9023
Paveman wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Simy (Crotone), Ekong (Udinese).and Kingsley (Bologna), all start for their clubs in today's Italian Cup matches. Could Paveman give us an update on Kingsley's performance today. I'm particularly interested in him as he could give us depth in midfield.


Dammy, I don’t think the game was televised and I couldn’t see his performance. I had a look at the local based newspaper websites and italian football reviews. They don’t particularly single out Kinglsey Michael but the Repubblica of Bologna roughly-translated says ‘fresh from his new contract extension, Michael played with great personality and took the reins of Bologna’s midfield’. Looking at Bologna’s bench, and considering that he started ahead of some midfielders who are definitely more experienced, and considering that this was a do-or-die cup match, I was surprised to see him start. Looks promising!

Edit: his coach (di leo standing in for mihailovic) had this to say about Michael after the game: He is a humble boy who applies himself very well and plays with a lot of personality and character. We are happy wih him and very happy to have him back in the team.

Thanks for the update.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2461
Location: Malta
Dammy,

FYI, it seems Simy Nwankwo got injured in the warm up to the game today. In fact, Nanni took his place in Crotone starting line-up and Simy was nowhere to be seen, not even on the bench. I am trying to find out more about this.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2461
Location: Malta
Actually, I have been informed that Simy suffered a very violent attack of influenza this afternoon and couldn’t play....

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 9023
Paveman wrote:
Actually, I have been informed that Simy suffered a very violent attack of influenza this afternoon and couldn’t play....

Thanks

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], oyek and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group