Abeg who is this one again?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Abeg who is this one again?

Post by Tobi17 »

Rohr Lines Up German-Nigerian Fullback Agu As Replacement For Injured Ebuehi
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/08/21/r ... ed-ebuehi/

The coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has succeeded in convincing Felix Agu to commit his international future to the Nigeria national team and he could be called up for the upcoming friendly game against Ukraine.

Rohr has been hit with one withdrawal already with Tyronne Ebuehi pulling out of the squad due to a relapse of the injury that saw him miss all of the games of Benfica last season leaving the door open for a replacement to be called up.

19 year old Agu who plays for German second division side VfL Osnabruck is for now the prime candidate to replace Ebuehi in the list but that can only be possible if he can get a Nigerian passport before the friendly game next month.

Agu has made four appearances this season with an assist to his name already in what is his second season in the first team of the club who were promoted to the second division last season with Agu making 15 appearances.

The aim is for him to progress like Jamilu Collins who also got his debut while playing in the second division in Germany and Agu is expected to provide cover at left and right back as he has played twice as right back and once as left back
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Abeg who is this one again?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Rohr just adding lower league junks to the SE...I should go and try out
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

People complained when Rohr first invited Collins and Ajayi and they both turned out to be good players. It's just a friendly so I have no problem with his invite,if he's really being considered by Rohr. We don't know how he will turn out.

Other FB options are Kingsley Ehizibue, Udo, or Ebube Duru. Ehizibue hasn't committed to Nigeria. Udo hasn't really progressed the way we wanted, and Duru I'm yet to watch,so can't comment on him. It's not like players that are miles ahead of him are being left out. Except you feel Duru is that much better.
Bigpokey24 wrote:Rohr just adding lower league junks to the SE...I should go and try out
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Is Eze not much better than these players?. Once again I watched him at euro qualifier.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

olu wrote:People complained when Rohr first invited Collins and Ajayi and they both turned out to be good players. It's just a friendly so I have no problem with his invite,if he's really being considered by Rohr. We don't know how he will turn out.

Other FB options are Kingsley Ehizibue, Udo, or Ebube Duru. Ehizibue hasn't committed to Nigeria. Udo hasn't really progressed the way we wanted, and Duru I'm yet to watch,so can't comment on him. It's not like players that are miles ahead of him are being left out. Except you feel Duru is that much better.
Both Collins and Ajayi played for the U20 FE under John Obuh...
So they already had a track record of sorts with Nigerian national teams.

We don't know jack about this Agu character, and we can only hope that he might end up turning out to be a gem (sort of like Ebuehi himself), but if we are to be brutally honest his resume thus far is hardly worthy of Super Eagles' consideration (perhaps the U20 or U23 teams would be more apt). It's similar to the GK Maduka Okoye's invitation. Even though GK is currently a position of considerable weakness on the SE team, I was more excited about Okoye when the reports were that he would be joining the U23 squad for the Sudan games in September, rather than a straight SE call-up.
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

olu wrote:People complained when Rohr first invited Collins and Ajayi and they both turned out to be good players. It's just a friendly so I have no problem with his invite,if he's really being considered by Rohr. We don't know how he will turn out.

Ebube Duru is a LEFT-back...
Anyway, it's a friendly. If Agu flops, we can always fall back on Shehu.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The boy is very good! :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy is very good! :thumbs:
:shock: :rotf:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Agu is the shiait watch out for this youngster
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:

Both Collins and Ajayi played for the U20 FE under John Obuh...
So they already had a track record of sorts with Nigerian national teams.

We don't know jack about this Agu character, and we can only hope that he might end up turning out to be a gem (sort of like Ebuehi himself), but if we are to be brutally honest his resume thus far is hardly worthy of Super Eagles' consideration (perhaps the U20 or U23 teams would be more apt). It's similar to the GK Maduka Okoye's invitation. Even though GK is currently a position of considerable weakness on the SE team, I was more excited about Okoye when the reports were that he would be joining the U23 squad for the Sudan games in September, rather than a straight SE call-up.
>
This kind of little boy is being invited to our NT, na real wa lol, good luck to him...

[/video]

[/video]

See the little short kid they are bringing into SE (assist at 2:25 playing LB), can't be serious:

[/video]

Scores here at 1:20 again playing LB:

[/video]

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy is very good! :thumbs:
Why because your master invited him?? Uncle Tom!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Rohr just adding lower league junks to the SE...I should go and try out
Lower league junk? How many nigerian fullbacks played in the 2nd tier of a european top league at 19? Judging a player without conext ist senseless. Consider his young age and his development (started getting games in the 3rd tier as a starter last season).
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Men. He looks like a baby. Wonder if he ever made it to Aigbogun's U20 pre-world cup camp? Anyway we'll see if he turns out to be a gem or bust.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

If invited, lets see how he will stack up with the team.
He could be one for the Olympics team, provided they qualify for Tokyo 2020
DAgrin wrote:
Lower league junk? How many nigerian fullbacks played in the 2nd tier of a european top league at 19? Judging a player without conext ist senseless. Consider his young age and his development (started getting games in the 3rd tier as a starter last season).
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The Germans have made their move...
Don't blame them or the (German) kid.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/08/29/f ... rmany-u21/
Felix Agu Makes U-Turn On Replacing Injured Ebuehi For Ukraine Friendly, Honours Call Up To Germany U21
OwnGoal.com, August 29, 2019 01513

The plan of coach Gernot Rohr of the senior national team of Nigeria to beat Germany to the services of highly rated right full back Felix Agu has suffered a setback following his invitation by the U21 of Germany.

Agu who plays for VFL Osnabruck had talks with the coach of the senior national team of Nigeria on the possibility of replacing Benfica Tyrone Ebuehi in the squad of Nigeria for the upcoming friendly game against Ukraine and he will was willing to commit to the game.

However his call up to the U21 team of Germany has put a halt to the plans as he is willing to honour the call up to represent Germany in their upcoming friendly game against Greece on the 5th of September and European Championship qualifiers against Wales.

Already he has informed Rohr of his decision but he is still open to the idea of representing Nigeria in the future particularly if he fails to progress through the youth ranks of Germany.

Speaking on his invitation to the German team, the 19 year old said ” For me the invitation by national team coach Stefan Kuntz is a huge honour. The U21 of Germany has developed strongly in recent years, many Bundesliga players are part of the team, so I was overwhelmed by the call and I am looking forward to the games”, Agu said.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL