Nigerian players in the Championship

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigerian players in the Championship

Post by vancity eagle »

I will be watching the championship closely this season.

As we all know Etebo plays there and currently he is a starting midfielder for us.

The season is early but so far according to whoscored.com

Ovie Ejaria is the highest rated player in the entire championship, Eberechi Eze is #14. To put things in perspective semi Ajayi is #145 and Etebo is #322

Ovie Ejaria also leads the entire championship in terms of dribbles

Ovie Ejaria has a higher tackles per game average than Etebo

Who was it who said Ejaria is not ready ?

Ejaria should be capped asap and owngoal has reported that Rohr is aware of him. I hope the process of his switch is underway because SE desperately needs Ejaria. I said this over 2 years ago.

Will we wait until he is the undisputed star of championship before we move for him. Then they will try and block him as usual.

Eberechi Eze is number 7 in terms of dribbles

So how is it that Ejaria and Eze are both putting up better numbers in the same league than Etebo, yet they are not ready or good enough for SE, yet people are shrining Etebo and claiming he is good enough to play in the Premiership.

Ejaria and Eze both need to be capped ASAP. We need midfield options. This paperthin midfield we have continued with for years will do us no good.

Both Ejaria and Eze scored today for their teams by the way.

I am glad Aribo has been added to the mix.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian players in the Championship

Post by vancity eagle »

Nigerian Bright Samuel, Eze's team mate at QPR is #3 on the dribbles list.

Perhaps he is another we should keep tabs on.

Championship is better than many first leagues in Europe. Certainly Belgium.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ejaria is not Nigerian, he's English. Don't let southgate catch you touting him for Nigeria.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Goodluck waiting for Rhor to cap these guys. I remember calling for Eze to be capped vs Seychelles but morons here said he was not ready. Fastfoward to a year later and our midfield is paper thin and he is now playing for England's U20. Has the NFF even bothered to contact Ovie E?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Championship is not better than the Belguim league. I watched Leeds vs Stoke yesterday. The quality of play was poor.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

bret- hart wrote:Goodluck waiting for Rhor to cap these guys. I remember calling for Eze to be capped vs Seychelles but morons here said he was not ready. Fastfoward to a year later and our midfield is paper thin and he is now playing for England's U20. Has the NFF even bothered to contact Ovie E?
Sharap dia u moron.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote:Championship is not better than the Belguim league. I watched Leeds vs Stoke yesterday. The quality of play was poor.

The Belgian league is garbage other than a few teams.

Championship is better. Not even close.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Championship is not better than the Belguim league. I watched Leeds vs Stoke yesterday. The quality of play was poor.

Championship is not better than the Belgian Jupiler League. How can you compare a league that's produced some of the best players in the world to the championship?
I am happy
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Like you said, the season is early. In the prem, Tammy Abrahams is currently ahead of people like Sane and Aguero. I wouldn’t read much into that.

As for Etebo, he’s hardly played this season and Stoke are stinking the place up - bottom of the table.

To the question of Ejaria, important season for him. Glad he’s started well.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote:Nigerian Bright Samuel, Eze's team mate at QPR is #3 on the dribbles list.

Perhaps he is another we should keep tabs on.

Championship is better than many first leagues in Europe. Certainly Belgium.
And he probably won’t have to go through the FIFA eligibility switch process as he was not only born in Nigeria he also has never played for an England international youth Team!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dammy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Championship is not better than the Belgian Jupiler League. How can you compare a league that's produced some of the best players in the world to the championship?

And yet we invite the likes of Etebo and Ajayi while players performing way better are ignored? Makes no sense.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ejaria is not Nigerian, he's English. Don't let southgate catch you touting him for Nigeria.

You are the very reason why condoms were invented. I have never seen a bigger waste of space than you.

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote:I will be watching the championship closely this season.

As we all know Etebo plays there and currently he is a starting midfielder for us.

Ovie Ejaria is the highest rated player in the entire championship, Eberechi Eze is #14. To put things in perspective semi Ajayi is #145 and Etebo is #322

Ejaria should be capped asap and owngoal has reported that Rohr is aware of him. I hope the process of his switch is underway because SE desperately needs Ejaria. I said this over 2 years ago.

Will we wait until he is the undisputed star of championship before we move for him. Then they will try and block him as usual.

So how is it that Ejaria and Eze are both putting up better numbers in the same league than Etebo, yet they are not ready or good enough for SE, yet people are shrining Etebo and claiming he is good enough to play in the Premiership.

Ejaria and Eze both need to be capped ASAP. We need midfield options. This paperthin midfield we have continued with for years will do us no good.

I always regarded Ejaria as a very good prospect...

But abegi, quit putting up GARBAGE stats...
Etebo just got back from AFCON break and has started 1 game.

As the old saying goes...
Let’s count the miles after the race! No need for premature ejaculation.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I will be watching the championship closely this season.

I always regarded Ejaria as a very good prospect...

But abegi, quit putting up GARBAGE stats...
Etebo just got back from AFCON break and has started 1 game.

As the old saying goes...
Let’s count the miles after the race! No need for premature ejaculation.

but i believe they both had better numbers than etebo last season.

just checked overall Ejaria was ranked above Etebo, but Etebo was above Eze.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Vancity, what stats are you quoting?
Last edited by Paveman on Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...no money in championship, per up and coming Nigerian stars they rather jump to epl :biggrin:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Paveman wrote:Vancity, what stats are you quoting?

whoscored.com

overall scores and scores for dribble and for tackles
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote:but i believe they both had better numbers than etebo last season.

just checked overall Ejaria was ranked above Etebo, but Etebo was above Eze.
But Ejaria played only 3 games in the Championship last season...
Having spent half of the season in Scotland with Glasgow Rangers.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

still early days but so far according to whoscored.com

Eberechi Eze is the overall highest rated player in the entire Championship

Ovie Ejaria is at #9

In terms of dribbling

Bright Osei SAmuel is #1

Ovie Ejaria is #2

Eberechi Eze is #4

In terms of key passes

Osei SAmuel is #24

Eberechi Eze is #26

Eze is #65 in terms of tackles, which is not bad for an attacking player

There are some serious prospects for us in the championship and they must be snapped up this season before they make moves to the premiership.

As we can see Tammy Abraham is continuing his championship form of last season in the premiership

Eze and Ejaria need to be cap tied ASAP

does anybody have any info on Osei SAmuel's intentions ? and is he a winger or an attacking mid ?

How does he compare to our other wide players ?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

you keep saying they need to be capped, they need to be capped. has these boys told you that they're interested in playing for Nigeria?? please, dont think that you're wiser than rohr because for rohr to had called up a no name "aribo" Dennis, okoye, ajayi I am sure that he has heard of these boys but hasn't called them up for a reason. the last time I saw ejaria at international level was when he won u20 WC for England so what makes us think he has changed his mind when he hasn’t publicly said so? Any dual nationality player interested in Super eagles Must publicly show their interest in us if not NFF shouldn't contact them
Last edited by john12 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

john12 wrote:you keep saying they need to be capped, they need to be capped. has these boys told you that they're interested in playing for Nigeria?? please, dont think that you're wiser than rohr because for rohr to had called up a no name "aribo" Dennis, okoye, ajayi I am sure that he has heard of these boys but hasn't called them up for a reason. the last time I saw ejaria at international level was when he won u20 WC for England so what makes us think he has changed his mind when he has publicly said so? Any dual nationality player interested in Super eagles Must publicly show their interest in us if not NFF shouldn't contact them

I wonder o! All the boys he’s call for are all tied to England but he wants us to call without at them showing interest or a fifa approval. Eve and Ejaria know that Nigeria would like to cap them, they’ve known that for almost 2 yrs. let them come out and declare for SE if they’re truly interested .
OCCUPY NFF!!
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Kongi and john12 have said it all really with regards to Eze and Ejaria. The ball in their court.

On Osayi-Samuel, as far as I remember he has been interested in playing for Nigeria. I believe he mentioned (and was linked) to one our junior teams a few years back.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

They will just be opening like foolish mouth like oloshos without sense and they make it seem like these boys are Messi, Ronaldo incarnate. The boys are talented but they must publicly show their interest in Nigeria if not, Stop asking why NFF hasn’t call them. We can’t embarrass ourselves again like what happened during Tammy Abraham period. Also, England will never have a full 11 of all black players let alone all Nigeria descent because the way new dual nationality talents keep emerging from England, it’s getting towards that level