Ikedias performance

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

realplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by realplayer »

The boy played better in his natural position. If he had started with another defensive midfielder, the game would have been different.

He freed attention on Aghahowa and Utaka and for once the Morrocans were under pressure.

CCC will be daft not to start with him in our next must win game!
Talent can only blossom with hard work!
iyerebee
Egg
Egg

Post by iyerebee »

well, we can continue with ccc and let our football go into oblivion
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Ikedia is the type of player we should use as a secret weapon. Because the opposing team always respect his runs, effective or not.
ola34
Egg
Egg

Post by ola34 »

kanu was not in that match at all. Only a naive person will say that Kanu played that day. He was MIA. Just like he has been MIA in many other Championship event s after Atlanta '96. We must realize that Kanu is the worst player on our team right now on current form. You cannot win matches based on past glory. You have to be on the ball at all times.

From now on Kanu should only come in after the game has been won. That means he should only play in the game when we are already 3 goals up. And only in the last 10 minutes of the game for that matter. Kanu is a quality bench material, not a 90 minute player. Believe me, if he is valauble to his club he would not have been a bench palyer for Wenger. Compare Kanu's club career to Okocha's. Bolton sent a physiotherapist to accompany Okocha to the ANC to ensure his maximim fitness for the fianl of the League cup and the post ANC LEAGUE GAMES. What does that say about okocha. Only a stupid coach will bench a player that can make a difference on the team. Right now for our ANC campaign, Kanu is surplus to requirements!!!
1. Always a fan of good football

2. ".........there really should be some folks that any decent person should not be associated with -- even if desperation makes strange bedfellows." - Gotti
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

Ya'all don't listen. We have to start playing players according to current form and what they can do. I rememeber getting into heated debates about how Ikedia had improved his game befor ehis invitation. Another player we are missing bigtime is Bike Oliseh. Either him or Obodo should have been playing alongside Olofinjana yesterday.
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ikedia did "over-run" or should I say "over-speed" the ball a couple of times. Okocha was absent for about 70 minutes.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

He was still making the same mistakes, watch the tape and you will see he still keeps his head down, hardly looks up before he puts in the cross even when there is no opponent threatening him, when he put the cross in there was no SE player there.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Guv007 wrote:
"He was still making the same mistakes, watch the tape and you will see he still keeps his head down, hardly looks up before he puts in the cross even when there is no opponent threatening him, when he put the cross in there was no SE player there".

Am happy at least you observed what I wrote about yesterday. The right midfield is our headache 'cos CCC left behind those who would have made the difference like Oruma or Obodo. Uttaka and Ikedia never tracked back and the Morroccan coach having scouted our team and realising that Abbey is new and a Conference player, concentrated his attack on the right flank. As rightly observed, Abbey was sending long balls down the middle. Yes, he had no choice because Uttaka before, and particularly Ikedia, never tracked back in the fashion of ol Finidi to assist. To me Ikedia ain't it, we need to try OSAZE and let Uttaka fight for one of the two strikers position, not accomodate him in the team . Ikedia can then come in later,ONLY IF,Agali is around to deal with his crosses
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
PMZOkocha
Egg
Egg

Post by PMZOkocha »

Guv007 wrote:He was still making the same mistakes, watch the tape and you will see he still keeps his head down, hardly looks up before he puts in the cross even when there is no opponent threatening him, when he put the cross in there was no SE player there.
With his head down or not, he gave the moroccians worried moments. Why should his head and how he uses it be an option if he is effective? There was nobody in the 18 when he crossed because all game long, no one had the gutts to cross the ball. So up until that point crossed were not expected, at least not as often as Ikedia would provide them. My point is, not everyone can be effective with their heads up. Some others might be more effective with it down.
What are you going to criticize next? The way a player runs? or how he eats eba?
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Ya'all don't listen. We have to start playing players according to current form and what they can do. I rememeber getting into heated debates about how Ikedia had improved his game befor ehis invitation. Another player we are missing bigtime is Bike Oliseh. Either him or Obodo should have been playing alongside Olofinjana yesterday.

If u think we are missing Oliseh based on his current form then u can also say we are missing Finidi...the man is playing top class soccer in spain as well..other things besides form have to be taken into consideration b4 u determine who we are missing and who we arenot missing..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
realplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by realplayer »

He played 12 minutes and harrassed the Moroccans more than Yakubu, Kanu and Okocha put together!

Ikedia, Utaka and Aghahowa showed they have pace to worry and break any defence.

If he had started the match, the story would have been different.
Talent can only blossom with hard work!
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

LEt me quote myself "I will call Ikedia a winger the day i see him do one good cross" well, Ikedia welcome, u are officially a winger..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
PMZOkocha
Egg
Egg

Post by PMZOkocha »

You are a brave man Blakes...Hats off to you laddy
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

PMZOkocha wrote:
Guv007 wrote:He was still making the same mistakes, watch the tape and you will see he still keeps his head down, hardly looks up before he puts in the cross even when there is no opponent threatening him, when he put the cross in there was no SE player there.
With his head down or not, he gave the moroccians worried moments. Why should his head and how he uses it be an option if he is effective? There was nobody in the 18 when he crossed because all game long, no one had the gutts to cross the ball. So up until that point crossed were not expected, at least not as often as Ikedia would provide them. My point is, not everyone can be effective with their heads up. Some others might be more effective with it down.
What are you going to criticize next? The way a player runs? or how he eats eba?
God will bless ur sweet heart.Ikedia should have started that game,period.Garuba should have been on instead of that Lazy player called Kanu Nwankwo.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

As a player who has played from the right wing,my hat goes off to Ikedia.There are actually two types of wingers-the ones that rely on speed(Babangida,Overmars)and the ones that rely on dribbling ability(Ikedia,Figo).In between you have few wingers who have a mix of some pace and dribbling ability(Finidi,Beckham,Zuma of SA).In criticising Ikedia of not lifting up his head to cross,one must realize that all throughout his career,he's relied on his intense dribbling penetrations that enables him to CUT IN into the box to cause damage.His addition of the cross to his repertoire is a welcome development.
I want Ikedia to start against South Africa because he'll be our most dangerous attacking option,and will keep the good SA left back(Legkotho),honest.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

please Ikedia is an ordinary player he did what a basic secondary school footballer in Nigeria could do ordinary very ordinary.
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
Malandro
Egg
Egg

Post by Malandro »

ola34 wrote:kanu was not in that match at all. Only a naive person will say that Kanu played that day. He was MIA. Just like he has been MIA in many other Championship event s after Atlanta '96. We must realize that Kanu is the worst player on our team right now on current form. You cannot win matches based on past glory. You have to be on the ball at all times.

From now on Kanu should only come in after the game has been won. That means he should only play in the game when we are already 3 goals up. And only in the last 10 minutes of the game for that matter. Kanu is a quality bench material, not a 90 minute player. Believe me, if he is valauble to his club he would not have been a bench palyer for Wenger. Compare Kanu's club career to Okocha's. Bolton sent a physiotherapist to accompany Okocha to the ANC to ensure his maximim fitness for the fianl of the League cup and the post ANC LEAGUE GAMES. What does that say about okocha. Only a stupid coach will bench a player that can make a difference on the team. Right now for our ANC campaign, Kanu is surplus to requirements!!!
Even then, what do we need him for if we already have the game in the bag?.......................oh I get it......................you mean like a mascot after the final whistle has been blown........ :lol: :lol:

E no suppose hard to find eagles costume for am to dey wear...
crispgg
Egg
Egg

Post by crispgg »

SUYA
This is because he finally wore shorts not 5 sizes too big for him.
I was actually suprised that he got shorts that didnt look like baggy trousers
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Stopy, we can see that the formation according to JAG was not it to make Jay Jay perform as he use to in Bolton. And you guys are just bashing Kanu like Tyson use to do to the ponching bags, JAG was commending him and according to that post, he knew that CCC was not following their training practice immediately Kanu was removed. SO WHAT DO WE WANT, IS IT DIFF FROM WHAT THE PLAYERS WANT?
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

obong itatex wrote:As a player who has played from the right wing,my hat goes off to Ikedia.There are actually two types of wingers-the ones that rely on speed(Babangida,Overmars)and the ones that rely on dribbling ability(Ikedia,Figo).In between you have few wingers who have a mix of some pace and dribbling ability(Finidi,Beckham,Zuma of SA).In criticising Ikedia of not lifting up his head to cross,one must realize that all throughout his career,he's relied on his intense dribbling penetrations that enables him to CUT IN into the box to cause damage.His addition of the cross to his repertoire is a welcome development.
I want Ikedia to start against South Africa because he'll be our most dangerous attacking option,and will keep the good SA left back(Legkotho),honest.
..and we are playing SA, that means we are in trouble... ewuooo!!!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Vindave,if Cele plays with the same enthusaism he played with on Tuesday,AND Chukwu provides defensive midfield cover a la Garba Lawal,then Zuma won't be as effective.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
don1
Egg
Egg

Post by don1 »

ogedebless,
Yep
don1
Egg
Egg

Post by don1 »

lagos777,
i wonder if the technical crew watch these players at all. I've seen at least 6 of Azu Oliseh's games this season and he is consistence. What does it matter, wasn't Obodo dropped anyway. Obodo and Zubi, based on current form and that alone, shoulda been in this SE team.