Rohr calls up Esiti and Idowu for Ukraine friendly...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr calls up Esiti and Idowu for Ukraine friendly...

Post by jette1 »

jungle-jawara wrote:Idowu was probably called up cos it's next door to him since we are playing Ukraine

Since Idowu is Russian citizen are we sure Ukraine wont seize him in return for Russian annex of Crimea :taunt: :taunt:
Last edited by jette1 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote:The man is just chopping Naija money. I hope they don't extend his contract.

Mods.........one of you has escaped the lunatic assylum. :curse:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The man is just chopping Naija money. I hope they don't extend his contract.

Mods.........one of you has escaped the lunatic assylum. :curse:

Hey are mods are in the asylum?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

With the injury to Ebuehi and Agu changing his mind, Idowu was a good choice.

I would have gone for Azuibuike instead of Esiti.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

When is U23 list coming out? First leg is 6 days away
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

olu wrote:With the injury to Ebuehi and Agu changing his mind, Idowu was a good choice.

The Esiti i watched 2 seasons ago was not polished, not a SE MFer. I'm hoping he has improved else you guys will be very disappointed.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

jungle-jawara wrote:Idowu was probably called up cos it's next door to him since we are playing Ukraine

PROBABLY SO, BUT...

...i didn't have any problems with his performance in Russia 2018.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

icee wrote:
olu wrote:With the injury to Ebuehi and Agu changing his mind, Idowu was a good choice.

The Esiti i watched 2 seasons ago was not polished, not a SE MFer. I'm hoping he has improved else you guys will be very disappointed.
You know CE pundits always know best.
One day you are the best thing since sliced plantain; the next day you are public enemy no 1.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I find hard to understand why some fans consider Brian Idowu to be a bad player? He scored on his debut against Argentina. I even think he should have made the last nations cup squad. Collins maybe first choice for now but I think he could have featured on left while Collins was out injured with Aina on the right his more natural position. I don’t even understand why Aina was left out when Collins returned from injury and Rohr used a makeshift center back as a right full back. The make shift CB is and was a liability in defence.

I look forward to seeing him in he upcoming friendly.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Siddon look.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

icee wrote:

And how “polished” was the Ndidi you watched 2/3 seasons ago?! :blink:

Of course, not sure whatever the nebulous term “polished” means in this context, but Esiti has always played that disrupter role to near-perfection, and if not for Gent’s intransigence would have been in La Liga last season (with Gent reneging after a deal had been struck with Levante).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote:I guess the likes of Azuibikwe and Michael Kingsley are being allowed to play for the U23 team because I would not pick that slow lumbering giant over any of these guys for our midfield. No way.

We dont need slow and one dimensional midfield players for heavens sake.
The same Kingsley Michael that played at the U20 world cup and was very poor? Some of you guys think this is table soccer.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

icee wrote:

KPOM!
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote:
icee wrote:

KPOM!
There's a reason why he took a step down into the Greek league, the guy na mechanic for field. But lets see how he does for SE sha...in his last call up vs Zambia he didn't get too much time on the field...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr calls up Esiti and Idowu for Ukraine friendly..

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:There's a reason why he took a step down into the Greek league, the guy na mechanic for field. But lets see how he does for SE sha...in his last call up vs Zambia he didn't get too much time on the field...
Esiti played 88 games over the past 3 seasons in Belgium...
The same league Rohr sourced many SE players (Simon, Osimhen, Kalu, etc.).

Interesting that you effectively accuse Rohr of inviting him only after he “steps down”! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr calls up Esiti and Idowu for Ukraine friendly..

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:There's a reason why he took a step down into the Greek league, the guy na mechanic for field. But lets see how he does for SE sha...in his last call up vs Zambia he didn't get too much time on the field...
Esiti played 88 games over the past 3 seasons in Belgium...
The same league Rohr sourced many SE players (Simon, Osimhen, Kalu, etc.).

Interesting that you effectively accuse Rohr of inviting him only after he “steps down”! :lol:

I don't blame **** na injury crisis cause am... :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Continue hoping and praying. More pain for you.
You can't even enjoy SE news anymore
You see yasef?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lol
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

owngoalnigeria.com wrote:"Esiti was called up alongside Lokomotive Moscow defender Bryan Idowu who is in as back up for Tyronne Ebuehi who might not be fit for the game while Esiti is in as Ndidi has been ruled out."
Ndidi played the full 90mins vs Bournemouth yesterday.
So how injured is he?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
owngoalnigeria.com wrote:"Esiti was called up alongside Lokomotive Moscow defender Bryan Idowu who is in as back up for Tyronne Ebuehi who might not be fit for the game while Esiti is in as Ndidi has been ruled out."
So how injured is he?
Damunk

Rohr has already given him permission to miss the Ukraine game, according to reports.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
So how injured is he?
Damunk

Rohr has already given him permission to miss the Ukraine game, according to reports.
Okay, it must be just to give him a rest.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
So how injured is he?
Damunk

Good. Other players need to be tried in that role. Ndidi is too error prone and not a natural DM.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Azubuike is getting a raw deal. He should have been next can off the rank after Mikel retired.
vancity eagle wrote:I guess the likes of Azuibikwe and Michael Kingsley are being allowed to play for the U23 team because I would not pick that slow lumbering giant over any of these guys for our midfield. No way.

We dont need slow and one dimensional midfield players for heavens sake.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

idowu isn't as bad as you guys make him look. defensively, he is more solid at LB than aina, ebuehi but people dont judge footballers by their number 1 duty anymore. they just want guys attacking relentlessly