Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:45 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:24 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39988
Location: UK
Nigeria football body backs Samson Siasia after FIFA life ban
Abdur Rahman Alfa Shaban 51 minutes ago
NIGERIA
The Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, has finally reacted to last week’s life ban imposed on former player and manager, Samson Siasia by a committee of football world governing body, FIFA.

The NFF in an August 19 statement said its lawyers were reviewing the decision by the FIFA Ethics Committee. The Committee last Friday announced that it had placed a life ban from all football-related activities on Siasia.

FIFA said in a statement on Friday that the adjudicatory chamber of their independent Ethics Committee found that Siasia was “guilty of having accepted that he would receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches in violation of the FIFA Code of Ethics.”


It is a massive sanction on one of our legends. Siasia is a fooball legend but most importantly he is a Nigerian. We must therefore be interested in the matter and be properly advised.

The NFF’s Acting President, Seyi Akinwunmi, said on Monday that the Federation had already reached out to the former U20, U23 and Super Eagles head coach and is aware that he is receiving appropriate legal advice.

“The NFF was shocked to learn of the investigation and subsequent decision by the FIFA Ethics Committee (Adjudicatory Chamber) placing a life ban on Mr. Samson Siasia.

“But we have however now received documents, including one known as the Motivated Decision, and we have handed them to our lawyers to study and provide legal advice to the Federation.

“It is a massive sanction on one of our legends. Siasia is a fooball legend but most importantly he is a Nigerian. We must therefore be interested in the matter and be properly advised.”

The 51-year-old Siasia played 51 times as a striker for the Nigerian national team and later coached various national youth sides before a spell as senior coach in 2016.

Akinwunmi added: “Siasia gave his all for Nigeria, playing for the U20 team right from his secondary school days and then for the senior team for several years, and also coaching the U20 and U23 teams and the Super Eagles.

“While we respect the FIFA processes and appreciate that an investigation was conducted prior to the decision, the least we as a Federation can do is empathise with him at this time, make ourselves available to him and hope that in some way he is able to clear his name as he has promised to do.”

The case is the latest to emerge from FIFA’s long-running investigation into the activities of Singaporean Wilson Raj Perumal, who FIFA has called a “known match fixer” and who has admitted such activity in several interviews.

FIFA said that he was banned for life “from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) at both national and international level.” Siasia was also been fined CHF 50,000 ($51,051.66). ($1 = 0.9794 Swiss francs)
https://www.africanews.com/2019/08/19/n ... -life-ban/

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82155
Location: Earth
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: regardless, you fight and defend your own , no matter what( they didn't kill anybody) kudos to the NFF for standing and supporting a Nigerian. We all know FIFA is so corrupt

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 22338
Location: Ukwuani
I hope it all goes well for our man. I also hope Siasia can OPEN-UP Fifa's nyash by any way possible.

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:24 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39988
Location: UK
Odas wrote:
I hope it all goes well for our man. I also hope Siasia can OPEN-UP Fifa's nyash by any way possible.
NFF are doing the right thing as an association. Siasia is innocent until proven guilty and it is right they have come out in his support.
But notice they have chosen their words very carefully - as they should - and have not said he is "'innocent. Rather, they have been very diplomatic:
"...the least we as a Federation can do is empathize with him at this time, make ourselves available to him and hope that in some way he is able to clear his name as he has promised to do"

Some of us are a lot less diplomatic and not so optimistic. But if he can in some way (to use NFF's diplospeak) clear his name, we will accept it wholeheartedly.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82155
Location: Earth
Odas wrote:
I hope it all goes well for our man. I also hope Siasia can OPEN-UP Fifa's nyash by any way possible.
oh now you finally see how fake FIFA is..however you were supporting someone like pajimoh who is against the growth of black people.... the worst one was you were supporting CIC , who is upset , his blog hasn't brought in revenues....why do you think CIC went to seattle ? you are your bots condemn and convicted SSS before a trial....the sad part is you live in the states and you are well aware of the corrupt judicial system towards minorities. :boo: :boo: why am i not surprised, you voted for Trump

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:23 pm
Posts: 5635
If he received the FIFA email, but decided to ignore it, hoping the problem will go away - then he deserved to be ban for life.
Now he should come out and defend himself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:42 am
Posts: 22961
Location: Paradise
:evil: :twisted:
FIFA is full of shiii!!t, when they fix the groupings of the world cup tournament nobody cries,,, :scared: we should sue them for placing Nigeria in the same group as Argentina 5 out of da 6 times
that Nigeria ever played at the World cups since 1994 !! :bump:
==========================================
Truth... be told. BOLDLY !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8542
For possibly the first time ever, the NFF has acted like a responsible organization :thumbs: :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:43 pm
Posts: 19574
Location: Yaoundé
Age 51
Played 51 times for Naija
Fined $51k by Fifa!!
Juju is real.

_________________
“The oppressed will always believe the worst about themselves.”
― Frantz Fanon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:43 pm
Posts: 19574
Location: Yaoundé
kash n' karry wrote:
:evil: :twisted:
FIFA is full of shiii!!t, when they fix the groupings of the world cup tournament nobody cries,,, :scared: we should sue them for placing Nigeria in the same group as Argentina 5 out of da 6 times
that Nigeria ever played at the World cups since 1994 !! :bump:
==========================================
Truth... be told. BOLDLY !!


Argentina got your number!!

_________________
“The oppressed will always believe the worst about themselves.”
― Frantz Fanon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:42 am
Posts: 22961
Location: Paradise
The Jagaban wrote:
kash n' karry wrote:
:evil: :twisted:
FIFA is full of shiii!!t, when they fix the groupings of the world cup tournament nobody cries,,, :scared: we should sue them for placing Nigeria in the same group as Argentina 5 out of da 6 times
that Nigeria ever played at the World cups since 1994 !! :bump:
==========================================
Truth... be told. BOLDLY !!


Argentina got your number!!

:evil: :twisted:
They made us their wifeys... until we can beat them at da World cup... Messi is almost out !! :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:42 am
Posts: 22961
Location: Paradise
The Jagaban wrote:
Age 51
Played 51 times for Naija
Fined $51k by Fifa!!
Juju is real.

:evil: :twisted:
Without a shadow of doubt brother.... u can say that again n' again !! :???:
===========================================
Aaaaggghhh gaaddammmnnn itt !! Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 45528
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
For possibly the first time ever, the NFF has acted like a responsible organization :thumbs: :!:


Cheers.



They always acted like a responsible organization. It's the ITTTK that have been unable to see because they busy chasing rats and calling them tigers. :D

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:43 pm
Posts: 19574
Location: Yaoundé
kash n' karry wrote:
The Jagaban wrote:
kash n' karry wrote:
:evil: :twisted:
FIFA is full of shiii!!t, when they fix the groupings of the world cup tournament nobody cries,,, :scared: we should sue them for placing Nigeria in the same group as Argentina 5 out of da 6 times
that Nigeria ever played at the World cups since 1994 !! :bump:
==========================================
Truth... be told. BOLDLY !!


Argentina got your number!!

:evil: :twisted:
They made us their wifeys... until we can beat them at da World cup... Messi is almost out !! :lol: :lol:


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Don't worry, Croatia got their number too!

_________________
“The oppressed will always believe the worst about themselves.”
― Frantz Fanon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 25717
Location: The Kingdom
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
I hope it all goes well for our man. I also hope Siasia can OPEN-UP Fifa's nyash by any way possible.
NFF are doing the right thing as an association. Siasia is innocent until proven guilty and it is right they have come out in his support.
But notice they have chosen their words very carefully - as they should - and have not said he is "'innocent. Rather, they have been very diplomatic:
"...the least we as a Federation can do is empathize with him at this time, make ourselves available to him and hope that in some way he is able to clear his name as he has promised to do"

Some of us are a lot less diplomatic and not so optimistic. But if he can in some way (to use NFF's diplospeak) clear his name, we will accept it wholeheartedly.


Well said.

_________________
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 60657
Damunk wrote:
NFF are doing the right thing as an association. Siasia is innocent until proven guilty and it is right they have come out in his support.
But notice they have chosen their words very carefully - as they should - and have not said he is "'innocent. Rather, they have been very diplomatic:
"...the least we as a Federation can do is empathize with him at this time, make ourselves available to him and hope that in some way he is able to clear his name as he has promised to do"

Some of us are a lot less diplomatic and not so optimistic. But if he can in some way (to use NFF's diplospeak) clear his name, we will accept it wholeheartedly.

He HAS been proven guilty that's why he has been banned! The adjudicator is the "court" in this process.

The headline is misleading. The NFF didn't "back" $ia$ia.

PS: They are even more corrupt than him.

_________________
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:17 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39988
Location: UK
cic old boy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
NFF are doing the right thing as an association. Siasia is innocent until proven guilty and it is right they have come out in his support.
But notice they have chosen their words very carefully - as they should - and have not said he is "'innocent. Rather, they have been very diplomatic:
"...the least we as a Federation can do is empathize with him at this time, make ourselves available to him and hope that in some way he is able to clear his name as he has promised to do"

Some of us are a lot less diplomatic and not so optimistic. But if he can in some way (to use NFF's diplospeak) clear his name, we will accept it wholeheartedly.

He HAS been proven guilty that's why he has been banned! The adjudicator is the "court" in this process.

The headline is misleading. The NFF didn't "back" $ia$ia.

PS: They are even more corrupt than him.
They obviously don't believe the 'proof' which they may or may not be privy to.
It might all be 'eye service' or self-preservatory rhetoric.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 30914
Lets hope for Sia1's sake he's innocent and he can clear his name. However, the NFF are doing nothing more than hoping Sia1 can clear his name

Quote:
While we respect the FIFA processes and appreciate that an investigation was conducted prior to the decision, the least we as a Federation can do is empathise with him at this time, make ourselves available to him and hope that in some way he is able to clear his name as he has promised to do.”

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 30914
Damunk wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
NFF are doing the right thing as an association. Siasia is innocent until proven guilty and it is right they have come out in his support.
But notice they have chosen their words very carefully - as they should - and have not said he is "'innocent. Rather, they have been very diplomatic:
"...the least we as a Federation can do is empathize with him at this time, make ourselves available to him and hope that in some way he is able to clear his name as he has promised to do"

Some of us are a lot less diplomatic and not so optimistic. But if he can in some way (to use NFF's diplospeak) clear his name, we will accept it wholeheartedly.

He HAS been proven guilty that's why he has been banned! The adjudicator is the "court" in this process.

The headline is misleading. The NFF didn't "back" $ia$ia.

PS: They are even more corrupt than him.
They obviously don't believe the 'proof' which they may or may not be privy to.
It might all be 'eye service' or self-preservatory rhetoric.

They've said no such thing. This is all empathy.
They are still studying the evidence through their lawyers.
All we can do is wait.

My prayer is, they threw the book at him because he failed to show, rather than any damning evidence.
Only time........

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13251
Location: USA
NFF that doesn’t back ex players in life/death situations, una come think say them go back Siasia for this one??? :lol: :lol:

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 48714
...but come o! If FIFA sent an email to SS, how come his employer, the Nigeria Football Association were not aware of it. Was the alleged crime not committed while he was employed with them? Questions to be answered.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 46845
mcal wrote:
...but come o! If FIFA sent an email to SS, how come his employer, the Nigeria Football Association were not aware of it. Was the alleged crime not committed while he was employed with them? Questions to be answered.


The investigation is/was confidential. NFF (not that Siasia is a current employer as far as i am aware) should not be privy to it. Imagine if during the investigation, they determined that Siasia was not guilty of anything, but the NFF was made aware and it leaked? It would sully his name.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 46845
Damunk wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
NFF are doing the right thing as an association. Siasia is innocent until proven guilty and it is right they have come out in his support.
But notice they have chosen their words very carefully - as they should - and have not said he is "'innocent. Rather, they have been very diplomatic:
"...the least we as a Federation can do is empathize with him at this time, make ourselves available to him and hope that in some way he is able to clear his name as he has promised to do"

Some of us are a lot less diplomatic and not so optimistic. But if he can in some way (to use NFF's diplospeak) clear his name, we will accept it wholeheartedly.

He HAS been proven guilty that's why he has been banned! The adjudicator is the "court" in this process.

The headline is misleading. The NFF didn't "back" $ia$ia.

PS: They are even more corrupt than him.
They obviously don't believe the 'proof' which they may or may not be privy to.
It might all be 'eye service' or self-preservatory rhetoric.


I don't think there is any indication that the NFF received any proof from FIFA. The article merely points to a "motivated decision" which appears to simply be the verdict that FIFA's ethics committee rendered against Siasia.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group