Ukraine 2 vs Nigeria 2 [Aribo,Osimhen] Espn3

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ukraine 2 vs Nigeria 2 [Aribo,Osimhen] Espn3

Post by metalalloy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
osita wrote:Once iwobi left , the midfield refused to attack,
So much of our offense flows through him. If he is off, we dont have a clue. He had another great game today.

problem is that he tires by the 60 min mark
Yea he visibly tired out. He does so much running though so its understandable. I really liked what i saw today in that Aribo kid. If he can play like this on a consitent basis, our midfield issues could be a thing of the past. He can be the box to box lungs of the team.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:is not about Ndidi, edit blah blah blah. the problem is NIGERIAN FANS DELUSIONAL mind. the moment they realize that their best is average, the better for them.

will you seriously shut up. Our team is not average.

You think average team will walk into Ukraine and play them off the park for much of the match ?

Ukraine is a good team, and if we were more clinical we could have killed them on their own turf.

If not for the introduction of that useless defensive lineman Esiti, we would have won this game.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

bros the DELUSIONAL ones are the entitled Nigerians that dont have Any WORLD CLASS PLAYERS but in their DELUSIONAL mind, they can beat any team at their Backyard and if they don't, the COACH is to blame. I dont blame them sha because the average Nigerian is very Arrogant/entitled. some will suggest they sack the coach, then in 3 years time, They will suggest we sack a new coach
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

After the subs, the game no be am...but Etebo needs to sit up..bobo was at fault for the 2nd goal and Chuks was at fault for the first
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote:THUNDER WILL FIRE GROUNDNUT ROGUE!

What a horrible coach. Tufiakwa!

Unfortunately, I am confident that no one will listen. So, we will end up wasting the next 3 years and go to the world cup and lose in the first round. I warned you guys before and no one listened. kai! To think that we have all these talented players and we are going to allow a bast4rd waste it!

seriously you need to stfu as well.

We are sticking with Rohr. If you like go hug a transformer.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Result didn't really matter. Rohr should have made more subs.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Decent game

+ves
Osimhen played the lone striker role pretty well
Uzoho looked confident and solid
Full backs at he most part decent
Aribo slotted into the team well (surprised me how comfortable he was).
Simon Kalu gave us a glimps of the potential "X-factor" he may offer this team.

-ves
Backline struggles with off the ball movement.
Agile, nimble and quick footed players are a major bane to the SE defence.
I thought the concentration levels were below par.
The removal of Iwobi significantly affected the number of counter-attacks.
Defence needs to improve as unit.
Chukwueze has got to improve his decision-making
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

We got what we needed from this game

Osimhen, Aribo, Uzoho, Aina, Etebo, Kalu, Iwobi and Chukwueze all did well. My God, Osimhen's first touch and ball control is better than I thought. Far superior to Ighalo's. I can't imagine anyone taking the shirt from him. I think he needs to be a bit more selfish, cos Kalu and especially Chukwueze let him down on more than a few occasions. Samu needs to be less selfish and make better decisions. Iwobi had a great first half then drifted off in the second half. Does that a lot. Mildly concerning. I wonder why Nacho didn't get a run out, perhaps cos he arrived late. Anyways if love to see how/where he fits in. Perhaps a sub for Osimhen or Chukwueze.

I've never been sold on Moses Simon. I'm gonna assume once Onyekuru gets his act together, that side is his as the heir apparent to Musa.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

also, the thing that annoys me with DELUSIONAL is that they have their favorite. in this game alone. chukwueze had multiple chances to square the ball for a player to score an Open net but he selfishly refused. yet, Rohr is to blame for everything. bunch of DELUSIONAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote:

Unfortunately, I am confident that no one will listen. So, we will end up wasting the next 3 years and go to the world cup and lose in the first round. I warned you guys before and no one listened. kai! To think that we have all these talented players and we are going to allow a bast4rd waste it!

seriously you need to stfu as well.

We are sticking with Rohr. If you like go hug a transformer.
If you had any shame, or if you grew up amongst human beings, you'd have left this forum many years ago.

You are the same person who wished Nigeria to lose against CIV and spoke ill of the late Stephen Keshi.

You are an animal! A dead animal! no one takes you seriously! You are not just sick in the head, you are cursed! Please step aside! Your history is one that none of us will ever forget.
Last edited by danfo driver on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

iworo wrote:I feel that we should have won this game. Chukwueze needs some talking to in my own opinion.

NO, NIGERIA DID NOT DESERVE TO WIN

Ukraine had much of the possession while Nigeria relied on the counter. During these brief forays, Nigeria didn't have enough attacking players up front to sustain their attack. Ukraine camped on the Nigerian end and only alert defending kept Ukraine from scoring for a while. If a team is allowed that kind of possession they might eventually score. Of course, one can argue that the Ukrainian goals came after Nigeria started subbing.

On the whole it was a good match for Nigeria. I saw depth, youthfulness, alertness and spirited play. Kept together, this team has a chance to do some good.
(I started watching after 35' after both Nigeria goals)
Bell
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Dude, I like you bro, but you're now beginning to sound like a looping scratched Vinyl LP record? :biggrin:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ukraine 0 vs Nigeria 2 [Aribo,Osimhen] Espn3

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Is it okay to sub :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
bast4rd is afraid of losing this game :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: coward

^^^ I no talk am? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bast4rd knew that he cant coach. he knew that the only reason we were even holding on was because of the players. So, he was afraid to make changes. thunder will fire him!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bell wrote:
iworo wrote:I feel that we should have won this game. Chukwueze needs some talking to in my own opinion.

Ukraine had much of the possession while Nigeria relied on the counter. During these brief forays, Nigeria didn't have enough attacking players up front to sustain their attack. Ukraine camped on the Nigerian end and only alert defending kept Ukraine from scoring for a while. If a team is allowed that kind of possession they might eventually score. Of course, one can argue that the Ukrainian goals came after Nigeria started subbing.

On the whole it was a good match for Nigeria. I saw depth, youthfulness, alertness and spirited play. Kept together, this team has a chance to do some good.
Bell
Therein lies the main issue with your post....
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

john12 wrote:also, the thing that annoys me with DELUSIONAL is that they have their favorite. in this game alone. chukwueze had multiple chances to square the ball for a player to score an Open net but he selfishly refused. yet, Rohr is to blame for everything. bunch of DELUSIONAL
Well, Rohr did select him so there.

Personally I think Rohr needs to do to him what Westerhof did to Okocha early in his Super Eagles career and Siasia after his refusal to square a pass to Yekini during a WCQ against CIV by benching them. That will help stop him being immature.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

We should be true to ourselves, and acknowledge that we hype too many mediocre players.
That way, we would not be too disappointed when we lose.
In this game, I see complacency, slefish play, lack of focus, and wastefulness galore.
Osimhen and Uzoho are the two players that impress.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

iworo wrote:

Dude, I like you bro, but you're now beginning to sound like a looping scratched Vinyl LP record? :biggrin:
I will continue to speak the truth! You guys are in denial! Truth is that I am not surprised. This is what I expect of Nigerians. Nigerians are not proactive people and frankly, most Nigerians are dunces. So, they will wait until something destroy finish to the end before any change is made. Thats why the country is in tatters!

We will all be here, God willing after the world cup. While most of you will be weeping and wailing, I will smile and remind you of what i warned you about.

We have a chance to win the world cup! Trust me on this! We have the players! our biggest problem is tactics. Our coach is very very very bad! very bad!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bell wrote:

Bell
I respect your opinion. Note, you started watching after 35th minute. Thirty-five minutes is a long time in a soccer game......Ukraine scored in the space of 3 minutes.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

theYemster wrote:We got what we needed from this game

Osimhen, Aribo, Uzoho, Aina, Etebo, Kalu, Iwobi and Chukwueze all did well. My God, Osimhen's first touch and ball control is better than I thought. Far superior to Ighalo's. I can't imagine anyone taking the shirt from him. I think he needs to be a bit more selfish, cos Kalu and especially Chukwueze let him down on more than a few occasions. Samu needs to be less selfish and make better decisions. Iwobi had a great first half then drifted off in the second half. Does that a lot. Mildly concerning. I wonder why Nacho didn't get a run out, perhaps cos he arrived late. Anyways if love to see how/where he fits in. Perhaps a sub for Osimhen or Chukwueze.

I've never been sold on Moses Simon. I'm gonna assume once Onyekuru gets his act together, that side is his as the heir apparent to Musa.

WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE GUY WHO PLAYS THE RIGHT WING?

He's got dribbling skills: I just wish he does his dribbling when absolutely necessary. He'd be more effective that way. I'd bench him until he learns that. Would have loved to see Maduka Okoye the last 10-15 minutes.
Bell
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

na only people wet think sey a team wey dey ranked 33th in the world be World beaters. the high time we humble ourselves, the better for us
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Esiti is the new scapegoat, I see.

The player that I thought was entirely horrible was MOSES SIMON! Esiti played better than that guy. He has continued from his Nations Cup trend where he comes in every second half and every attack from that side of the field fizzles out.

Please can anyone point out one single good pass or completed dribble by Simon? How can this guy get chance after chance with nothing to show for it?

Instead people have made Esiti the scapegoat. Rubbish.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

danfo driver wrote:
iworo wrote:

I will continue to speak the truth! You guys are in denial! Truth is that I am not surprised. This is what I expect of Nigerians. Nigerians are not proactive people and frankly, most Nigerians are dunces. So, they will wait until something destroy finish to the end before any change is made. Thats why the country is in tatters!

We will all be here, God willing after the world cup. While most of you will be weeping and wailing, I will smile and remind you of what i warned you about.

We have a chance to win the world cup! Trust me on this! We have the players! our biggest problem is tactics. Our coach is very very very bad! very bad!
:D :D :D You're too much.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

bros we know Simon already and there wasn't anyone else to substitute but be honest Esiti is STIFF. we have passed the Etuhu olofinjana era of STIFF players