MARTINS: Learn from those who have been there done that

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
MARTINS: Learn from those who have been there done that

Post by Robbynice »

Responding to Ogunjobi's call, Agali said: "It would have been most humble for me to visit you sir, instead of you paying me this kind of August visit, on your request. Nigeria is my country, I didn't have any other one, I will always answer any call to serve my country."
The country is bigger than you. If you wan play show up and stop all the BS we are reading in the papers. :x
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

My brother, why a new post on this?
Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg

Post by Ezesportsworld »

Sometimes I feel the bobo dey fear him go flop on Naija highest stage just like Peter Ijeh...make we move on and concentrate on our alternatives...time go reach when him no go fit enter Gidi again as a happy man
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EZE
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Agali was the highest scorer in the SE during the WC qualifs.

Ezesportsworld wrote:Sometimes I feel the bobo dey fear him go flop on Naija highest stage just like Peter Ijeh...make we move on and concentrate on our alternatives...time go reach when him no go fit enter Gidi again as a happy man
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

txj wrote:EZE
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Agali was the highest scorer in the SE during the WC qualifs.

Ezesportsworld wrote:Sometimes I feel the bobo dey fear him go flop on Naija highest stage just like Peter Ijeh...make we move on and concentrate on our alternatives...time go reach when him no go fit enter Gidi again as a happy man
txj, I thought so too but just like you I stand corrected.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

The bobo no wan play for Chukwu.
Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg

Post by Ezesportsworld »

Txj
Yes he was. More reason why we should forget this unpatriotic, azzuri hoping Obafemi and concentrate on our alternatives...abet you he is scared.. Why worry when you have Agahowa, Agali, Utaka, Nworgu and Kanu
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Ezesportsworld wrote:Txj
Yes he was. More reason why we should forget this unpatriotic, azzuri hoping Obafemi and concentrate on our alternatives...abet you he is scared.. Why worry when you have Agahowa, Agali, Utaka, Nworgu and Kanu
Exactly what has Nworgu achieved to be getting mention with the other strikers you enumerated..While I don't want us to keep flogging this Martins issue and would now rather let the guy make his bed the way he wants it, I still believe Martins will be missed by the SE in Tunisia..
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote:
SIR V:
Since your thesis on the related Agali thread is that it shows that Ogunjobi is the one that really picks the players, should you not be saying (if only for theoritical consistency) "the bobo no wan play for Ogunjobi"?!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Honestly, I wish we stop talking about ObaGoal till he makes his final move. Us opening threads at every given opportunity only serves to boast his ego, thereby feeling he is bigger than the country and better than the others in camp. If we continue to treat him this way, it is going to lead to bad blood amongst the players cos they will feel he is being treated like the goose that lays the golden egg.

The fact of the matter is we don't know what ObaGoal has to offer the SE.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Abegi, make una leave Martins alone. He will play for Nigeria somewhere down the line and make his impact but if now isnt the time then let him be. His reason for not wanting to be part of the side now is very valid and should be accepted. Afterall,if he's dropped from the inter line-up,that does no-one much good. We should look round for hungry guys who want to sell themselves like JAG did in 2000.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Mister Dolly wrote:
Exactly what has Nworgu achieved to be getting mention with the other strikers you enumerated..While I don't want us to keep flogging this Martins issue and would now rather let the guy make his bed the way he wants it, I still believe Martins will be missed by the SE in Tunisia..
MD you no sabi am? Nworgu dosen't have to do anything but pay his way to get a shirt.
chopeski
Egg
Egg

Post by chopeski »

What BS!!

The reason Martins is uninterested is because he is not ready to play for your boy CCC. He reckons with the level of ineptitude in the current SE set up, he can't run the risk of playing for f.ools and losing his place at Inter Milan at the same time.

On your point of him not able to "enter Gidi a happy man" I wonder what you mean?

If MArtins continues to do the biz at Milan, I wonder why he will remain unhappy. As a Lagos boy, he will continue to be welcomed with vast open arms each time he visits. Lagosians never their back on their own, irrespective of mundane things like the SE.

...considering, CCC is on the road to perdition, I reckon, Martins is hedging his bets.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

well, if I were in his shoes and I look at Nigeria inviting 1 million players to camp when everybody has already announced first 22, then I would also weigh my options. I'm not sure its a good idea to jeopardise my club career for a country that still treats football like a free-for-all street ball road-show.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:
SIR V:
Since your thesis on the related Agali thread is that it shows that Ogunjobi is the one that really picks the players, should you not be saying (if only for theoritical consistency) "the bobo no wan play for Ogunjobi"?!
To put it straight, he does not want to play for Ogunjobi and Chukwu. This is a fact, except he changes his mind.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Is there enough slots left in the team for me to be the next sriker in case Martins doesn't want to play anymore? If CCC and Ogunjobi wants me to drop some $$$$ i go do am i must play in Tunisia-2004 :lol:
Last edited by MI5 on Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D A nice spin Eze, but you kow it is not true. Try again. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:
SIR V:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Another nice excuse but we all know it is pointless. CCC has alreadysaid publicly why he picked so and so player. Try another spin. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

mister dolly wrote:
Ezesportsworld wrote:Txj
[b]Exactly what has Nworgu achieved to be getting mention with the other strikers you enumerated..[/b]While I don't want us to keep flogging this Martins issue and would now rather let the guy make his bed the way he wants it, I still believe Martins will be missed by the SE in Tunisia..
Need I say more. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sir V wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:
SIR V:
To put it straight, he does not want to play for Ogunjobi and Chukwu. This is a fact, except he changes his mind.

You and I know he is avoiding CCC like the plague, but, do not mention any of your sources because your confidence will be betrayed and you risked being slured falsely on ethnic grounds. Your source will be deemed anti-CCC because is your townsman. You are warned, I am talking from experience.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Afterall,if he's dropped from the inter line-up,that does no-one much good. We should look round for hungry guys who want to sell themselves like JAG did in 2000.
----------------------------------------------------

Obafemi is a young fool who has forgotten that in Football, your stars could change overnight.

All he has to do is break a leg, tear a ligament or any other injury, and that first team place he is fighting to hold on to in Inter will be a hopeless struggle.

I hope he decides to help his country of origin win top honours now that we have asked for his help. Nigeria is definitely not in need of more strikers and we might not always need his help.

Otherwise, it is his life and his future, and I sincerely hope his choice doesnt come back to destroy his very young promising career (Maybe John Fashanu should talk to the guy...)
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

This amount of pressure on Obafemi at this age and at this point in his young career is a bit much. Asking for more time though seemingly prankish, is in my view not a lot to ask even with the ANC around the corner.

Spare a thought for the young man guys, the reason we all have this much to say about him is because of his phenomenal success. He should not have to suffer for it. Starting your international career with a month long stint is a BIG decision requiring much thought. And like any normal human regardless of age the guy is dragging his feet. Anyone who has faced make or break decisions can sympathize. I am sure no one in such a circumstance wants to be rushed. He deserves the same consideration.

Let us remember all football does not end with this edition of the ANC and the guy has said he wants to play for Nigeria. It is just a question of timing. The now or never crowd should get some perspective.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Bombastic
Egg
Egg

Post by Bombastic »

Whoever of the players does not want to play for Chukwu and Ogunjobi is misguided. It is Nigeria asking them to play, not these two jokers. Get your perspective, right. If Martins or Agali scores in the Super Eagles uniform, for whom did they score? Ogunjobi? Chukwu? Nigeria? People, let's start opining with perspective. A big problem we have is this do or die attitude. Combine that with a shortsighted, fire brigade approach and we have all these rubbish.
Let all these players go and take a short walk on a short bridge. Neither of them has achieved anything close to what Kanu or Okocha has achieved, yet they never hold their country to ranson. Kanu has won numerous silverware (at Ajax, Inter, and Arsenal); so has Okocha, just not on the European continental level. He has won the Olympics and the Nations Cup. Don't these things warrant some bigheadedness? Not for these mature men.

Agali is doing yanga on scoring 4 goals out of a total of 23 that his team scored overall in the Bundesliga? PLEASE. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is the leader. Let's get some perspective. If he does not want to play, good riddance. If he wants to, he is a smart man.

Martins is listening to the wrong advice. Someone should tell him Kanoute is a much better player than him, and Kanoute has opted to play for Mali rather than France. A word is enough for the wise.
Verbum Sapienti----A word to the wise.