" It was like Watching Brazil" -

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
" It was like Watching Brazil" -

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/09/12/i ... t-ukraine/

A lot of people who watched the Super Eagles of Nigeria against Ukraine were left surprised the way the Nigerian team took the game to the host team in the opening 45 minutes which ended with Nigeria leading 2-0.

The game ended in a 2-2 draw with Ukraine scoring twice in the second half but according to Ukrainian Journalist Stanislav Roman, the first half performance of the Super Eagles is similar to watching Brazil in full flow.

Roman said the way the Nigerians were confident on the ball and also the running off it left the backline of Ukraine confused and even coach of the team Andriy Shevchenko admitted after the game that his wards couldn’t keep up with the pace of the Nigerians.

He said the trio of Samuel Chukwueze, Samuel Kalu and Victor Osimhen can wreck any team in the world if they play with such neck breaking speed as seen in the first half of the draw against Ukraine three days ago.

” It was like watching Brazil play to be honest. That was the best 45 minute any team can ever wish for. They were not just good on the ball but off it they kept making runs that left the defence of Ukraine confused. The front three can trouble any team in this world with the pace with which they played the first 45 minutes “, Roman told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” They probably got tired in the second half but if not for the chances they fail to convert they would have rounded up the game before the first goal scored by Ukraine. Ukraine national team were taught a very good lesson by the Nigerians “.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: " It was like Watching Brazil" -

Post by bushboy »

Sounds like made up quotes to me.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/09/12/i ... t-ukraine/

A lot of people who watched the Super Eagles of Nigeria against Ukraine were left surprised the way the Nigerian team took the game to the host team in the opening 45 minutes which ended with Nigeria leading 2-0.

The game ended in a 2-2 draw with Ukraine scoring twice in the second half but according to Ukrainian Journalist Stanislav Roman, the first half performance of the Super Eagles is similar to watching Brazil in full flow.

Roman said the way the Nigerians were confident on the ball and also the running off it left the backline of Ukraine confused and even coach of the team Andriy Shevchenko admitted after the game that his wards couldn’t keep up with the pace of the Nigerians.

He said the trio of Samuel Chukwueze, Samuel Kalu and Victor Osimhen can wreck any team in the world if they play with such neck breaking speed as seen in the first half of the draw against Ukraine three days ago.

” It was like watching Brazil play to be honest. That was the best 45 minute any team can ever wish for. They were not just good on the ball but off it they kept making runs that left the defence of Ukraine confused. The front three can trouble any team in this world with the pace with which they played the first 45 minutes “, Roman told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” They probably got tired in the second half but if not for the chances they fail to convert they would have rounded up the game before the first goal scored by Ukraine. Ukraine national team were taught a very good lesson by the Nigerians “.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :laugh:
I've always known that combination will destroy defences. We need to strengthen up in midfield (Azubuike and Kingsley) and defence, and we will have a top 10 team.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

pure rubbish...owngoal had an interview with Scheva? :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bushboy wrote:Sounds like made up quotes to me.
I'm sceptical myself but who knows?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
you are skeptical, but you added the who knows, because you are rorhbot...typical apologetic ...kai damunk you've exposed yourself time after time...talk about sitting on a fence with your statement :boo: be a man and pick a stance
SuperEagles

eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

I think they lifted the quote from here and added salt mixed with maggi. Someone wrote about the front 3 troubling any team in the match thread. I think they just added the Brazil part.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

I googled the name "Stanislav Roman" and not one single Ukrainian journalist with that name showed up
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Brazil's national team or patron of Brazilian steakhouses?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ogasir wrote:I googled the name "Stanislav Roman" and not one single Ukrainian journalist with that name showed up
Why not google every game SE have played since 94 and see if you find a better performance that the 1st half v Ukraine.. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

By the way; Brazil of what era ? I mean who wants to be current crap brazil that got thrashed 7 zip by Germany abi na nertherland in front of their own home crowd in their own backyard. That was a historical disgrace
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
you are skeptical, but you added the who knows, because you are rorhbot...typical apologetic ...kai damunk you've exposed yourself time after time...talk about sitting on a fence with your statement :boo: be a man and pick a stance
Your problem, Doofus, is that you lack a formal education.
You prove it every time you open your mouth. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
you are too emotional , always caught in your feelings :boo: men are logical, women are emotional....are you a woman or a man?
SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
See finishing :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
See finishing :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
that isn't finishing dude, I know you are trying so hard, but when someone finishes bigpokey, everyone will know, however you know deep in your heart, I did finish damunk based on that post i made before yours..FACTs and not emotional feelings like damunk 8-)
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And to think the guy say he is a medical doctor.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

guys stop the personal innuendos; keep it comical
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

The Brazil that got hammered 7-1!!!
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

eyan wrote:
I think they lifted the quote from here and added salt mixed with maggi. Someone wrote about the front 3 troubling any team in the match thread. I think they just added the Brazil part.
Chief Enugu II, assuming you are correct, something is still true about the article, so I will take it as it is.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Correct. "Stanislav Roman" doesn't even exist. Quit posting junk, Kongi!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Observation of an Ukrainian fan about the game

Post by Tobi17 »

Quote from a Ukrainian football forum:

"This game was delightful to watch. The quality was decent, but the energy & desire of both teams was stunning to observe. Closest I've ever seen a game resemble a video game, was end to end and played competitive yet care free, brilliant game especially the 2nd half. We should've lost like 6-4, would highly recommend watching it

Lunin: another tough goalie ahead of him, won't be easy. Looked good today but had an absolute blooper whiffing the ball trying to clear running out of the box

Kovalev: he has regressed from his u20 world cup days and starting in champs league. He's slow & weak, he's nothing more than an average option for us off the bench. He was grossly off the pace today against fast & technical Nigeria

Karavaev: He was brilliant v. Serbia, I was surprised he was left on the bench in favor of Bolbat who is a typical subpar Ukrainian fullback, 'bolbes' is what I call him haha. Karavaev maybe vulnerable defensively like you mentioned but his overlapping runs are immense and gives us a chance to retain possession and get in the box with a slashing run for a cross

Moraes & Yaremchuk: I'm not sure what to think of them yet, but they offer something refreshing. We need them to keep up their confident form at club level

Malinovsky: simply brilliant CM, him and Zinchenko together gives us technical quality we severely lacked outside of Rotan, a blanket of security in midfield now with those 2. He will get chances in Italy for sure, right now having to prove himself off the bench but he's a sublime player. Sobol btw looked very good near the tail end of the game, left a lot to be desired early on but showed some class late, I forgot he went to Belgium will keep an eye on him"

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/%D0%A3 ... i.1811002/ (posts about the match is on page 60 of the thread link)