Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 5829
Location: Here
Damunk wrote:
Cally wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
ANC wrote:
Moses Simon remains minus 1


Simon came off the pines cold but he's still one of our best 2 way player on the wing. He's a starter and the main creativeness force for Nantes. I think that says more about him than the 15mins he played today.


For someone that calls players useless to be defending that Simon..SMH

Anyways Osimhen was very good, but I noticed one trait that irritated me - he kept throwing his hands in the air and showing clear signs of frustration whenever the ball wasn't passed to him by Samu, Iwobi, or Kalu. However, he I saw 3 or more occasions where he shot instead of passing. He should cut that air of entitlement out real fast.
Read the 2015 article on him and comments from his childhood friends and family when he first hit the U17 team.
It said the same thing.
He is really hungry for success and hopefully as he matures he'll be in better control.
Quote:
He always wants to win – friends

Many of his friends testified to the fact that Osimhen is a gentle, reserved and almost an introvert, but some of them following close encounters have found out over the years that the striker usually loses his cool on the football pitch. “He is a fighter when playing football so we are not surprised to see him like that in the Nigerian team,” Orji said.

“Whenever we are playing kick-about football in the community, you could incur his wrath if as a teammate you didn’t play well. He wants to win every game, he can shout at you, abuse you if you stop him from winning.” “He is a tough opponent as well as sometimes a difficult teammate.
He wants you to give as much as he is giving to the team and if you fall short of that, he can pick up quarrel, that is the time you will see him in bad mood,”

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=266562&start=0


Thanks for providing that background.

_________________
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 83509
Location: Earth
He looked as deadly as he was during the u17s...my goodness, I have zero problems with his harassing and shouting at his teammates plus yeye refs.... .we've had too many soft players and all this gentleman like footballers, that's how we were punked out of the world cup in 2014.. I expect the NFF etc to encourage our new and explosive number 9..VICTOR OSIIMHEN a real Super Eagle
I enjoyed his vexing and focus, Chuks is lucky Vic didn't get too vex with his selfish play

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13670
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It was a joy to watch. If we had proper tactics, he'd have destroyed Ukraine yesterday. What a striker! :clap: :clap:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 38821
Location: Somewhere
danfo driver wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It was a joy to watch. If we had proper tactics, he'd have destroyed Ukraine yesterday. What a striker! :clap: :clap:



wasn't he considered too rude and falling at every touch just 2+ months ago during the ANC?

_________________
Image
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 83509
Location: Earth
we have a very bad and tactically naive manager, however our FA is so stuck on him. So many top quality players suffering from such incompetence

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 83509
Location: Earth
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It was a joy to watch. If we had proper tactics, he'd have destroyed Ukraine yesterday. What a striker! :clap: :clap:



wasn't he considered too rude and falling at every touch just 2+ months ago during the ANC?

yeap, the useless manager we have said he was lazy in training along with Onyekuru

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 83509
Location: Earth
the most troubling part, is that rohr plays defensive football, but the SE keeps letting in an average of 2 goals every match :lol: :lol: wow, something just aint right .... let this man go...

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13670
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It was a joy to watch. If we had proper tactics, he'd have destroyed Ukraine yesterday. What a striker! :clap: :clap:



wasn't he considered too rude and falling at every touch just 2+ months ago during the ANC?


na so we see am o!

Akpeyi and the other one who looks like an Onitsha spare-parts dealer wey sabi greet well well, go to airport to pick the coaches up and help coach wife carry plantain from market were seen as courteous.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13670
Bigpokey24 wrote:
the most troubling part, is that rohr plays defensive football, but the SE keeps letting in and average of 2 goals every match :lol: :lol: wow, something just aint right .... let this man go...


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Thats actually the funniest part. Dude spends 90 minutes putting 11 players behind the ball and yet the team gets carved open every attack! What is the point???!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Seriously?! :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13670
Odiegwu! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My kind of player! cheii! This is the kind of person you take to "war" and you know "we all die here, today!" :lol: :clap: :clap:


Damunk wrote:
Cally wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
ANC wrote:
Moses Simon remains minus 1


Simon came off the pines cold but he's still one of our best 2 way player on the wing. He's a starter and the main creativeness force for Nantes. I think that says more about him than the 15mins he played today.


For someone that calls players useless to be defending that Simon..SMH

Anyways Osimhen was very good, but I noticed one trait that irritated me - he kept throwing his hands in the air and showing clear signs of frustration whenever the ball wasn't passed to him by Samu, Iwobi, or Kalu. However, he I saw 3 or more occasions where he shot instead of passing. He should cut that air of entitlement out real fast.
Read the 2015 article on him and comments from his childhood friends and family when he first hit the U17 team.
It said the same thing.
He is really hungry for success and hopefully as he matures he'll be in better control.
Quote:
He always wants to win – friends

Many of his friends testified to the fact that Osimhen is a gentle, reserved and almost an introvert, but some of them following close encounters have found out over the years that the striker usually loses his cool on the football pitch. “He is a fighter when playing football so we are not surprised to see him like that in the Nigerian team,” Orji said.

“Whenever we are playing kick-about football in the community, you could incur his wrath if as a teammate you didn’t play well. He wants to win every game, he can shout at you, abuse you if you stop him from winning.” “He is a tough opponent as well as sometimes a difficult teammate.
He wants you to give as much as he is giving to the team and if you fall short of that, he can pick up quarrel, that is the time you will see him in bad mood,”

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=266562&start=0

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 38821
Location: Somewhere
Dan Amokachi :clap: :clap: :clap: famously subbed himself into a game and scored the winning goal :woot: :woot: :woot:
danfo driver wrote:
Odiegwu! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My kind of player! cheii! This is the kind of person you take to "war" and you know "we all die here, today!" :lol: :clap: :clap:


Damunk wrote:
Cally wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
ANC wrote:
Moses Simon remains minus 1


Simon came off the pines cold but he's still one of our best 2 way player on the wing. He's a starter and the main creativeness force for Nantes. I think that says more about him than the 15mins he played today.


For someone that calls players useless to be defending that Simon..SMH

Anyways Osimhen was very good, but I noticed one trait that irritated me - he kept throwing his hands in the air and showing clear signs of frustration whenever the ball wasn't passed to him by Samu, Iwobi, or Kalu. However, he I saw 3 or more occasions where he shot instead of passing. He should cut that air of entitlement out real fast.
Read the 2015 article on him and comments from his childhood friends and family when he first hit the U17 team.
It said the same thing.
He is really hungry for success and hopefully as he matures he'll be in better control.
Quote:
He always wants to win – friends

Many of his friends testified to the fact that Osimhen is a gentle, reserved and almost an introvert, but some of them following close encounters have found out over the years that the striker usually loses his cool on the football pitch. “He is a fighter when playing football so we are not surprised to see him like that in the Nigerian team,” Orji said.

“Whenever we are playing kick-about football in the community, you could incur his wrath if as a teammate you didn’t play well. He wants to win every game, he can shout at you, abuse you if you stop him from winning.” “He is a tough opponent as well as sometimes a difficult teammate.
He wants you to give as much as he is giving to the team and if you fall short of that, he can pick up quarrel, that is the time you will see him in bad mood,”

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=266562&start=0

Image
Image

_________________
Image
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Last edited by Chief Ogbunigwe on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39021
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Cally wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Cally wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
ANC wrote:
Moses Simon remains minus 1


Simon came off the pines cold but he's still one of our best 2 way player on the wing. He's a starter and the main creativeness force for Nantes. I think that says more about him than the 15mins he played today.


For someone that calls players useless to be defending that Simon..SMH

Anyways Osimhen was very good, but I noticed one trait that irritated me - he kept throwing his hands in the air and showing clear signs of frustration whenever the ball wasn't passed to him by Samu, Iwobi, or Kalu. However, he I saw 3 or more occasions where he shot instead of passing. He should cut that air of entitlement out real fast.
Read the 2015 article on him and comments from his childhood friends and family when he first hit the U17 team.
It said the same thing.
He is really hungry for success and hopefully as he matures he'll be in better control.
Quote:
He always wants to win – friends

Many of his friends testified to the fact that Osimhen is a gentle, reserved and almost an introvert, but some of them following close encounters have found out over the years that the striker usually loses his cool on the football pitch. “He is a fighter when playing football so we are not surprised to see him like that in the Nigerian team,” Orji said.

“Whenever we are playing kick-about football in the community, you could incur his wrath if as a teammate you didn’t play well. He wants to win every game, he can shout at you, abuse you if you stop him from winning.” “He is a tough opponent as well as sometimes a difficult teammate.
He wants you to give as much as he is giving to the team and if you fall short of that, he can pick up quarrel, that is the time you will see him in bad mood,”

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=266562&start=0


Thanks for providing that background.


Thats cool and all, but it needs to be channeled constructively as he risked getting red carded the way he was going at the ref. How he talks to his teammates is only between them, and as long as they don't have a problem with it then its fine. But you can't be hot-headed towards the ref, it will land you in big trouble at some point.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10871
Bigpokey24 wrote:
the most troubling part, is that rohr plays defensive football, but the SE keeps letting in an average of 2 goals every match :lol: :lol: wow, something just aint right .... let this man go...



Perhaps he is not. Good fit for the Super Eagles


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:41 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40598
Location: UK
ANC wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
the most troubling part, is that rohr plays defensive football, but the SE keeps letting in an average of 2 goals every match :lol: :lol: wow, something just aint right .... let this man go...



Perhaps he is not. Good fit for the Super Eagles
No mine am.
I don't recall Rohr ever calling himself a defensive coach.

People want an attacking team, playing "the Nigerian style".
What is never mentioned is that this 'Nigerian style' was notorious for its defensive frailties, even naivity. There was a reason why for decades we were described as "naive". Annoying as the label was, our players continued to play their part in confirming it.

It is what painfully lost us crucial World Cup games v Italy, Argentina, England, Paraguay and shame of all shames, Denmark back in the so-called 'Golden Era'.

Now we have the attacking flair coming back as demanded, we suddenly realize that our defence is suspect.
Before nko?
When was that never the case?
So where did the 'defensive' coach' come from and what does it even mean?

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 83509
Location: Earth
the mod that merged this thread, your head no dey house

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 83509
Location: Earth
Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
the most troubling part, is that rohr plays defensive football, but the SE keeps letting in an average of 2 goals every match :lol: :lol: wow, something just aint right .... let this man go...



Perhaps he is not. Good fit for the Super Eagles
No mine am.
I don't recall Rohr ever calling himself a defensive coach.

People want an attacking team, playing "the Nigerian style".
What is never mentioned is that this 'Nigerian style' was notorious for its defensive frailties, even naivity. There was a reason why for decades we were described as "naive". Annoying as the label was, our players continued to play their part in confirming it.

It is what painfully lost us crucial World Cup games v Italy, Argentina, England, Paraguay and shame of all shames, Denmark back in the so-called 'Golden Era'.

Now we have the attacking flair coming back as demanded, we suddenly realize that our defence is suspect.
Before nko?
When was that never the case?
So where did the 'defensive' coach' come from and what does it even mean?

oh my, spoken like a true rohrbot.... how can someone have nothing inside dem pari? my goodness are you slow or what? you just listed some trash games , with WOWOs as the managers...you do know that just indicates WOWOs have no clue on how to set up a defense?

Keshi took us to WC 2014 , we let in 5 goals in 4 games.. Fetus took us to WC2002 we let in 3 goals in 3 games, bottom line , a Nigerian coach sets up our defense way way better than any FC...FACT not feelings..let me help you some more
Clemens 4 games and we let in 4. Bora , 4 games and we let in 9 goals... lagabeer 3 games 5 goals, and **** had 3 games and let in 4 , now you are very well aware the bobo set a world record when it comes to AFCON in our history as the worst defense since 1976, letting in 7 freaking goals in AFCON?. . so do not come here with that BS you rohrbot

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], felarey, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group