There is no Improvement

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
There is no Improvement

Post by danfo driver »

What was the tactical difference between the world cup team, the nations cup team and the team, today?

Are you guys just hoping that we will luck our way to trophies? or are you hoping that one day one day, you will fall asleep and dream and see an improvement in your dream??

How can there be no improvement in more than 3 years and you guys are quiet, hoping that one day the team will improve tatically? That actually a serious question because I dont understand where you guys are getting your confidence from. Is 3 years not enough for you to look and see that tactically, we are stagnant? I know some CE members who support Rohr have openly said that they do not expect us to win trophies because our players are average. For those of us who are winners and who know that our players are very talented and who demand trophies, are we just going to keep quiet and be looking as we turn into Belgium? Rui Costa's Portugal and Spain of old?

They agreed that he is tactically inept, so they sent him for refresher course after he was shown to be an oaf at the nations cup. Did you guys see anything refreshing in his tactics today????
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: There is no f**king Improvement

Post by john12 »

You need to realize that Nigeria players aren’t “world beaters” today, we played a team that’s ranked higher than us, at their Home turf and got a draw (a fair result) instead you’re denigrating your coach. The high time Nigerians get it in their skull that we’re ranked 33rd in the world, 3rd in Africa the better for us. We don’t even have any superstars or any player at WORLDCLASS clubs and you expect your team to be beating anyone at their home turf. For me, Rohr has done a significant job with these average players and there’s always room for improvement. However, it’s up to Nigerians to stop setting DELUSIONAL expectations for their team and getting offended when their team don’t meet those expectations.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

1) Argentina vs Nigeria - player v player, (they’re better) club wise (They’re better) Fifa ranking (they’re better) but because your coach lost to them, His at fault (keep being delusional)

2) Croatia vs Nigeria - player v player (they’re better) Club wise (They’re better) FIFA ranking (They’re better) but because you lost to Croatia, it’s your coach fault. Ngwa continue.

As a team, you should always believe, aspire, and hope that you can defeat any team on any given day. But, Losing to a superior team shouldn’t be enough reasons why your coach should be denigrated. The loss to Madagascar is the one that’s unacceptable and could be understood but that game was irrelevant because we had already Qualified
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

john12 wrote:1) Argentina vs Nigeria - player v player, (they’re better) club wise (They’re better) Fifa ranking (they’re better) but because your coach lost to them, His at fault (keep being delusional)

2) Croatia vs Nigeria - player v player (they’re better) Club wise (They’re better) FIFA ranking (They’re better) but because you lost to Croatia, it’s your coach fault. Ngwa continue.

As a team, you should always believe, aspire, and hope that you can defeat any team on any given day. But, Losing to a superior team shouldn’t be enough reasons why your coach should be denigrated. The loss to Madagascar is the one that’s unacceptable and could be understood but that game was irrelevant because we had already Qualified
Madagascar is waiting for you :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I agree with dd to an extent, the defensive solidity of the team used to be Rohr's hallmark but we seem to be going backwards in that regard.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: There is no Improvement

Post by Bigpokey24 »

9 goals in 5 matches the defense has let in. We don't have a clue on how to control the game...this is ****'s tactics...pack the defense with 9 players and play one long ball to Osimhen.. just look at how Ukraine carved the defense open
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Azerbaijan held Croatia to a draw..let that sink in
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

I thought the backline in the 1st half was all over the place. Struggled to cope with any off the ball movement. Despite the 2 goals conceded in the 2nd half, the defence were a more cohesive unit but still much work to do.

I'm not sure we saw anything tactically different that we haven't seen from Rohr and I don't think we will. What we will have to hope is that existing players hopefully improve and better quality players appear in the near future who will allow Rohr to execute his tactics better. I don't really expect much change from Rohr himself in terms of approach, it will be more of the same.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Rohr has overstayed his welcome. A word is enough for the wise.

How does one explain drawing a match that should have been tied up with at least 4 goals in the first half?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Zelex wrote:I thought the backline in the 1st half was all over the place. Struggled to cope with any off the ball movement. Despite the 2 goals conceded in the 2nd half, the defence were a more cohesive unit but still much work to do.

I'm not sure we saw anything tactically different that we haven't seen from Rohr and I don't think we will. What we will have to hope is that existing players hopefully improve and better quality players appear in the near future who will allow Rohr to execute his tactics better. I don't really expect much change from Rohr himself in terms of approach, it will be more of the same.
Bro, let me leave you a quote from a business coach:
No one ever became successful due to hope!
TUFIAKWA! WTFFFFF!!???? What is happening to us??!! we used to be winners! We used to demand trophies! Even when we were useless, we were in denial! Now, we are hoping! Bro! Hoping doesnt work! let me say that again, hoping has never and will never ever work! You cant hope your way to success when other teams are actually drawing up strategy! Kaiii!!!! my GOD! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Zelex wrote:I thought the backline in the 1st half was all over the place. Struggled to cope with any off the ball movement. Despite the 2 goals conceded in the 2nd half, the defence were a more cohesive unit but still much work to do.

Also, did they not spend our money to send him to refresher course? What is the point if the man will not change?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote:Rohr has overstayed his welcome. A word is enough for the wise.

How does one explain drawing a match that should have been tied up with at least 4 goals in the first half?
Unfortunately, Nigerians need to be buried deep inside the pit before they know that there is a hole on the floor.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

There is greater flexibility and variety in the attacking game, but like many things from this manager, not nearly enough. That front three needs a much more fungible attacking pattern of play...

But the overall tactical organization of the team, when not in possession remains haphazard, to be kind...

The squad development and progression is very impressive; but any good news here is negated by the fact that much, much more can be done with this assemblage...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

If you crooks like make una complain from now until 2022 ROhR ain’t inviting your players. The days of unmerited players bribing coaches for selection is over for now
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

john12 wrote:If you crooks like make una complain from now until 2022 ROhR ain’t inviting your players. The days of unmerited players bribing coaches for selection is over for now
Dude, please...

Take your sycophancy to R&R; I'm sure Lolly will welcome you with open arms...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

txj wrote:
john12 wrote:If you crooks like make una complain from now until 2022 ROhR ain’t inviting your players. The days of unmerited players bribing coaches for selection is over for now
Dude, please...

So you can be the only ITK here to mesmerize danfo with gibberish unchallenged?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Lets look at Ukraine,

Were they better organised ?

Their defense was very porous.

If our players were not selfish in the Ukraine 18 yard box, or the point blank header was scored, Ukraine fans for burn that stadium down with the 5-0 in the first half dem for collect from our Super Eagles.

It appears we were sitting back and letting them come to us.

Ukraine definitely pass the ball brilliantly when attacking but we definitely were not out coached.

The biggest problem as usual is timely substitution by Rohr.
Also why him no play all those players on the bench like Ukraine did ?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Well until Rohr's contract ends, there's little or nothing you and I can do except he gets sacked(which is unlikely). Much to his credit, he has discovered a crop - almost a generation of young and very talented players who are in their prime to hit that plateau of a golden generation... And I agree with you that having Rohr as coach, is the lowest glass ceiling for us right now if we hope to win trophies and compete among the best( it's not too unrealistic to set such standards for ourselves)... but he's got only one year left on his contract I believe, so we might as well just hang in there till he's gone for good... and the next available "world class" coach/manager comes along.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

blueangel wrote:Lets look at Ukraine,

If our players were not selfish in the Ukraine 18 yard box, or the point blank header was scored, Ukraine fans for burn that stadium down with the 5-0 in the first half dem for collect from our Super Eagles.

Ukraine definitely pass the ball brilliantly when attacking but we definitely were not out coached.

On fair balance of the game, the result would have been Nigeria 5 vs Ukraine 2 cause we created far better chances but for the selfishness of our forwards, especially Chukwueze.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

There is improvement:

1) More direct attacking dribbling into the box rather than the passing we saw of the old eagles

2) Better combination in the attack which has 3 bonafide ballers in Iwobi, Kalu and Chukwueze

3) A box-to-box midfielder who joins the attack and doesnt stop at the edge of the box like Ndidi or Etebo or slows down the pace like Mikel.

4) A central forward who is fast enough to join the attack of the 3 men behind him.

Future is bright for the Eagles who are now looking super again. The entire backline should be overhauled. They were caught napping on several occasions by Ukraine.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
Dude, please...

Lolly will welcome him with lollipop :rotf: :rotf: :oops: :oops:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ukraine were better organized than us, 100% and had better control. You could tell that it was a very well coached side and I am shocked because I even forgot that their coach was Shevchenko, until I saw him yesterday. To think he has only been coaching for 3 years and he made our old donkey look like a buffoon!

Yes, our first goal was brilliant skill from our players. However, most of our chances came from counter-attack when Ukraine had to push forward to get goals, since they were playing at home.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote:Ukraine were better organized than us, 100% and had better control. You could tell that it was a very well coached side and I am shocked because I even forgot that their coach was Shevchenko, until I saw him yesterday. To think he has only been coaching for 3 years and he made our old donkey look like a buffoon!

Yes, our first goal was brilliant skill from our players. However, most of our chances came from counter-attack when Ukraine had to push forward to get goals, since they were playing at home.

so on fair balance of play, if both teams had taken their missed chances... what do you think the ideal scoreline would be? forget your dislike for Rohr for a second and be honest.

Also consider the fact that we had a pretty much novice squad of younglings with no real leadership or experience, I'm sure that Ukraine team was far more experienced than we were, and definitely had the home advantage as well!