Cybereagles
http://forum.cybereagles.com/

The case for the "cockney eagles"
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=297024
Page 1 of 6

Author:  bushboy [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:14 pm ]
Post subject:  The case for the "cockney eagles"

I grew up in the era of the "green eagles" and at some point, I grew accustomed to the new name to the "super eagles" but I think we are headed for the biggest and most significant change of all. All hail the "cockney eagles!"

As I watched the game against Ukraine yesterday, I noticed a level of calm and confidence in the fundamentals of 4 players that seemed out of place with the "run fast, dribble and shoot" mentality of their peers. It was obvious to me that their peers possibly had more natural talent than the 4 aforementioned, but something about them seemed "mentally" better. These 4 were: Iwobi. Aribo. Ajayi. Aina.

This got me thinking. What if the other players on this team had also benefited from having their football foundation built in a structured academy of a team with resources to spare? The EPL is without question the best league in the world and some of these academies are truly world class. It is no coincidence that even the English national team is in the midst of the best talent the nation has produced in decades!

I am tired of the local academy, with falsified ages and profit making model. I think the future of our SE lies with these Nigerian young men trained and taught football from a young age at the highest level under former club legends and top level coaches.

Adarabioyo. Tomori. Abraham. Ejaira. And a host of other Nigerian brits MUST be brought in.

Yes, there is room for the brilliant talents of the Chukwueze, Kalu, Osimhen, Onyekuru, Etebo...but I really believe for us to hit the dizzying heights of world dominance, our team must be 60-70% made up of the cockney boys! That in my opinion will be a jolly good show!

Author:  danfo driver [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

I heard "cockney" is a derogatory word.

Author:  Chief Ogbunigwe [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

danfo driver wrote:
I heard "cockney" is a derogatory word.



because of the similarity with Tottenham's cockerel? :woot: :woot: :woot:

Author:  danfo driver [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I heard "cockney" is a derogatory word.



because of the similarity with Tottenham's cockerel? :woot: :woot: :woot:



:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: e fit be!

The person told me that its a term used for people of lower class. When I googled it, this came up:

Quote:
Originally a pejorative term applied to all city-dwellers

Author:  bushboy [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

This thread is not to debate linguistics. I am very serious about the premise I propose.

Author:  Chief Ogbunigwe [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

bushboy wrote:
This thread is not to debate linguistics. I am very serious about the premise I propose.



you need to get out of the bush more often :sneaky:

Author:  EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

This one has absolutely lost his mind without question. Cockney Eagles?? WTF! Are U freaking serious? This is inferiority complex at its worst. This is the kind of mentality that led to millions of people taken into slavery. Cockney Eagles? Thunder faya u wherever u Dey right now. Holy Ghost faya burn ya compura .

Which cockney Academy did Mikel, oliseh and Finidi go to? I suppose you think Aina is better on the ball than even chidi Ordiah. You’re a real akotileta. :curse:

Author:  Bigpokey24 [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

what a racist thread

Author:  metalalloy [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

When Aina was floping like a catfish that jumped out a bucket all in the name of trying to head the ball, was that calm too?

Image

with this bs thread.

Author:  EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

Bigpokey24 wrote:
what a racist thread



He's the type that orders pizza in london to be delivered by British Airways. he gets the pizza the next day all cold and mushy but because it was on a British Airways the mugu thinks he has the best Pizza in the world. meanwhile he just paid 20 times what the pizza is worth and has no Microwave or power to even warm it up. This is what this Cockney bushman is trying to do to our football.

Author:  danfo driver [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bushboy wrote:
This thread is not to debate linguistics. I am very serious about the premise I propose.



you need to get out of the bush more often :sneaky:


I doubt he can. :lol:

Author:  bushboy [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
what a racist thread



He's the type that orders pizza in london to be delivered by British Airways. he gets the pizza the next day all cold and mushy but because it was on a British Airways the mugu thinks he has the best Pizza in the world. meanwhile he just paid 20 times what the pizza is worth and has no Microwave or power to even warm it up. This is what this Cockney bushman is trying to do to our football.


I have no idea what you are talking about. There are some things that are just fact. It has NOTHING to do with race. Are we sitting here arguing whether EPL academies are BETTER than Nigerian ones? That is a no brainer. It is not conditioned on race or any perceived inferiority or superiority complex. It is the tuth based on the QUALITY of coaching, available funds and facilities.
The same man talking about me is behind his keyboard or phone in a foreign country! Go figure!
If I say electric power is more stable in America than Nigeria? Am I racist?

The bottom line is the English trained players on our team are technically better than their MORE SKILLED counterparts trained in Naija. The younger they are when they go abroad (Osimhen. Chukwueze. Musa. Onyekuru) the better for them. Those who are in Nigeria past a certain age are doomed to be skills without refinement. Its the truth!

Author:  JACKAL [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

bushboy wrote:
I grew up in the era of the "green eagles" and at some point, I grew accustomed to the new name to the "super eagles" but I think we are headed for the biggest and most significant change of all. All hail the "cockney eagles!"

As I watched the game against Ukraine yesterday, I noticed a level of calm and confidence in the fundamentals of 4 players that seemed out of place with the "run fast, dribble and shoot" mentality of their peers. It was obvious to me that their peers possibly had more natural talent than the 4 aforementioned, but something about them seemed "mentally" better. These 4 were: Iwobi. Aribo. Ajayi. Aina.

This got me thinking. What if the other players on this team had also benefited from having their football foundation built in a structured academy of a team with resources to spare? The EPL is without question the best league in the world and some of these academies are truly world class. It is no coincidence that even the English national team is in the midst of the best talent the nation has produced in decades!

I am tired of the local academy, with falsified ages and profit making model. I think the future of our SE lies with these Nigerian young men trained and taught football from a young age at the highest level under former club legends and top level coaches.

Adarabioyo. Tomori. Abraham. Ejaira. And a host of other Nigerian brits MUST be brought in.

Yes, there is room for the brilliant talents of the Chukwueze, Kalu, Osimhen, Onyekuru, Etebo...but I really believe for us to hit the dizzying heights of world dominance, our team must be 60-70% made up of the cockney boys! That in my opinion will be a jolly good show!

What is the Ethnic breakdown of your cockney Eagles.....so we know its a rouse to get some of your village boys into the team through the backdoor !!

Author:  oloye [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

Allow bushboy be Abeg, this attack is not nice, why una dey bully the man?

Author:  bushboy [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

Let us not kid ourselves. Training is very important. Which one of us, if facing life saving surgery and asked to choose a doctor would pick one trained at LUTH over one trained at John Hopkins? Be honest!

Say what you want, but the English have a long line of very successful footballers churned out by their academies. For all Yekini's skill, he never attained the level of a Lineker, Owen, Shearer or even Kane!

Do we have a Lampard? Barnes? Beckham? Scholes? Our most decorated player was groomed by Chelsea.

Now we are on the cusp of having a conveyor belt of NIGERIAN young men who are the beneficiaries of this time tested system. Who can combine the skill and flair of Naijaness with the discipline and technical soundness of the English, and we turn it down? For some stupid "national pride?" That to me, is lunacy! We need the cockney eagles biko!

Author:  Eaglezbeak [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

danfo driver wrote:
I heard "cockney" is a derogatory word.

From whom did you hear that?

Author:  john12 [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

Abegi as good as your cockney eagles were, they didn’t show more talent than the REAL SUPER EAGLES ala chukwueze, Kalu and osimehn and your yekini vs Owen comparison makes no sense because if yekini was an English man, he would had attained the status of Owen, shearer etc

Author:  Eaglezbeak [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I heard "cockney" is a derogatory word.



because of the similarity with Tottenham's cockerel? :woot: :woot: :woot:



:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: e fit be!

The person told me that its a term used for people of lower class. When I googled it, this came up:

Quote:
Originally a pejorative term applied to all city-dwellers

A Cockney is a Londoner, the original Cockneys are East Londoners and any Londoner that can hear the Bow bells ring there’s nothing derogatory about that.

Author:  bushboy [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

john12 wrote:
Abegi as good as your cockney eagles were, they didn’t show more talent than the REAL SUPER EAGLES ala chukwueze, Kalu and osimehn and your yekini vs Owen comparison makes no sense because if yekini was an English man, he would had attained the status of Owen, shearer etc


You're missing my point. Yekini had more SKILL and PHYSICAL girfts than the players I mentioned. But their football TRAINING led them to become better strikers than Yekini because they were properly taught about positioning, technique, and other things that made them better that Yekini ever was.

Yekini was a Nigeria international. He was visible! Do you think a big team would not have taken a chance on him? This was the 90s, there were African strikers everywhere from Efan Ekoku to Owobokiro to John Obiku. Why was Setubal the highest level Yekini reached? He lacked the basic training required at that level.

Author:  oloye [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

All I know is that I hear people being described as having cockney accent..

Author:  Chief Ogbunigwe [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

oloye wrote:
All I know is that I hear people being described as having cockney accent..



Babayaro

Author:  Tobi17 [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

I think I see Bushboy's point, however way anyone chooses to interpret his message... the fact still remains that we are at a stage in our football where our talent feeding conduits for quality/decent players will come mostly from foreign nations and academies especially England where we have probably the highest population of Nigerian youths playing football. The percentage per stats will be some around 70% of English born/academy bred Nigerians who will end up playing for Nigeria, as our brand and appeal increases. Now is this a good thing? is it a bad reflection on our local leagues back home that we now almost rely on England and other foreign nations with far better leagues and football academies than ours to be talent feeders to our national teams? perhaps so, but perspective doesn't always come with a clean slate. The French national team benefits a lot from its diasporan nature (majority of that French players are of French African descent), Algeria has benefited a lot from its mostly French born nationals who ended up representing them... Germany isn't far off as well etc... so Nigeria is surely getting to that point where we might see more English boys of Naija descent donning the green and white colors.

Author:  Bigpokey24 [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

we should also open a thread and talk about " the Case for the Igbo eagles" also we can add the case for the Hausa eagles, then include the case for the Yoruba eagles. Why stop there we can add the case for the dutch eagle, or better yet the German eagle.
I will like to add the case for the Efik eagles

what a very race baiting thread

Page 1 of 6 All times are UTC + 1 hour
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/