10 observations I would like to make about yesterday's game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 10 observations I would like to make about yesterday's g

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

In slow motion it looks simply magical:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
olu wrote:I guess the coaches of the 2nd division teams that refused to field Nwakali are dishonest.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:No matter what you guys say, Kelechi Nwakali is by far Nigeria's most talented player in the world today. He just needs to harness that talent.

I wish I knew why he has not burst on to the scene. He and Toni Kroos are similar type of players and they should be playing at the same level now.
So if he hasn't harnessed the talent how can we use it? He's the most talented player in the world who can't even get PT for a 2nd division team and has to be sent to a 3rd division team. And yet you want a 3rd division player in our NT? This is just clown ish... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The irony is that whenever Nwakali plays, he dazzles. His problem appears to be that coaches do not trust him enough to use him.

I am beginning to suspect that his attitude in training is not right. No honest person would see Nwakali and Etebo and pick the latter in their midfield.
Every time he actually gets to play he performs. How many times have you seen him have a bad game?
Ayo you sound suspiciously like John12 but with an even weaker case.
How many times have you seen Nwakali play not including the U17 WC?

Whenever he had cameo appearances for Venlo, he looked very good. I assume you also saw this game: [/video]
Yes, I watched the game and was impressed with the goal and even allowed myself the luxury of believing he was on the verge of making the senior A team.

Unfortunately, and over a year later, he hasn't even been able to secure a first-team spot in ANY senior team across Europe.
It can't be down to 'clueless' coaches.
It can't be down to continued bad luck
It is not recurrent injuries.
He seems to have the right attitude....

So it doesn't take a rocket scientist to narrow down the problem. :idea:

Let's just hope it is a temporary blip which he will overcome, but you can't keep making excuses for him.
Same applies to Iheanacho, who we are all rooting for but, God forbid, we might soon be facing some harsh realities...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Onyekuru needs to nail a starting spot in Monaco.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:Onyekuru needs to nail a starting spot in Monaco.

But Rohr was using Musa who could not nail a starting spot at Leicester City.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Correct! He’s made for the AM position but I suspect the young man might have some trouble following instructions or assimilation into a different environment. I watched some of his games at Porto recently and noticed that his class is not in doubt. He’s a true MF general that pulls the string from deep. His transition play is superb but for some reason coaches have refused to give him more time.
Frankly, I have pondered the same... :oops:

At Maastrich, he was by far their best midfielder and then they 'exiled' him to the right-wing..
At Venlo, each time he got a chance (cup games and the odd league sub appearance), he played well.

Having said that, he is as a consequence miles away from being a useful contributor to the SE.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL