SE coach praises best half of footie ever

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE coach praises best half of footie ever

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:
maceo4 wrote:-**** praises his teams first half performance, says Ukraine’s second goal shouldn’t have stood.
-Wants to play 2 more friendlies in October against African opponents.
-Continues focusing on the age of his team saying this is the youngest he’s coached.
-Gives respect to Benin so wants to have good preparations before we play them at home in Afcon qualification.

[/video]
MATCH AGAINST UKRAINE WAS GOOD, AND...

…I know it's one step at a time but the man should know that in the long run, Ukraine is not Nigeria's ultimate objective.
Bell
There is nothing in his interview to suggest he believes so.
And the reference to the "young team" was more about praising their performance and how it indicates a positive sign of things to come.
Damunk,

I wonder if this repeated mention of "young team" does not have a deeper "sinister" ( :dream: ?) meaning. It seems to me that this is beginning to sound as comparison to previous teams used by Nigeria and, perhaps, a reflection of discussions going on behind closed doors. The repeated mention is going beyond what one may ordinarily think of it. It may just be me but the repeated mention is giving me the clue that we should go beyond ordinary meanings and examine the use of those two words a bit deeper.
Nah.. This is not the first time he harped about youth, this was when he was the Gabon coach.
“I don’t feel any vengeance against me but the people are impatient. They didn’t really understand we wanted to create a young team that would work together and be united,” he said. “Maybe this result has come at the right time.”
https://af.reuters.com/article/africaSo ... 5820120128
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:
maceo4 wrote:-**** praises his teams first half performance, says Ukraine’s second goal shouldn’t have stood.
-Continues focusing on the age of his team saying this is the youngest he’s coached.
-Gives respect to Benin so wants to have good preparations before we play them at home in Afcon qualification.

[/video]

…I know it's one step at a time but the man should know that in the long run, Ukraine is not Nigeria's ultimate objective.
Bell
And the reference to the "young team" was more about praising their performance and how it indicates a positive sign of things to come.
Damunk,

I wonder if this repeated mention of "young team" does not have a deeper "sinister" ( :dream: ?) meaning. It seems to me that this is beginning to sound as comparison to previous teams used by Nigeria and, perhaps, a reflection of discussions going on behind closed doors. The repeated mention is going beyond what one may ordinarily think of it. It may just be me but the repeated mention is giving me the clue that we should go beyond ordinary meanings and examine the use of those two words a bit deeper.
The man went to the WC to gain experience.
He went to the AFCON to gain experience.
With this young team, he will keep gaining experience.
He has a young team.
You see am abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kaii!! we have truly suffered! Those of us who are waiting for trophies, go wait taya! tufiakwa!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

you keep saying the man went to wc, Nc etc but never fail to mention how he picked Nigeria from the dead and gave them life because the way SE was going towards Keshi(Rip) ending, and oliseh beginning we could had easily be ranked 100. he brought you guys from 67 to 33 and from failure to qualify for 2 ANC to 3rd place. he has done a GREAT job not even a good job, he has done a GREAT job thus far
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:you keep saying the man went to wc, Nc etc but never fail to mention how he picked Nigeria from the dead and gave them life because the way SE was going towards Keshi(Rip) ending, and oliseh beginning we could had easily be ranked 100. he brought you guys from 67 to 33 and from failure to qualify for 2 ANC to 3rd place. He has done a GREAT job not even a good job, he has done a GREAT job thus far
'Us guys' you mean.
We all love the SE, just that some of us can get pretty anal and over-''emotional", distorting the real picture.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

niyi wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:

[/video]

Bell
Damunk,

The man went to the WC to gain experience.
He went to the AFCON to gain experience.
With this young team, he will keep gaining experience.
He has a young team.

He's not building a team. He's building a tower of excuses.
You must be a good mind reader. What do you do for a living? :D
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

I've grown to like Rohr and supports him now for continuity's sake but the man is a pessimist by nature.
I'm hoping that his constant " we are second fiddle " attitude will not be confidence-shattering hence counter-productive for his " young " team.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ekorian wrote:I've grown to like Rohr and supports him now for continuity's sake but the man is a pessimist by nature.
I'm hoping that his constant " we are second fiddle " attitude will not be confidence-shattering hence counter-productive for his " young " team.
Well, the youngest member of his team, VO, thinks the opposite.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "