Dennerby dumps Super Falcons

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Next
Egg
Egg
Dennerby dumps Super Falcons

Post by Next »

Super Falcons Coach, Thomas Dennerby has left the country unceremoniously over claims that some influential members of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) were interfering in his work.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/09/den ... r-falcons/
Super Falcons Coach, Thomas Dennerby has left the country unceremoniously over claims that some influential members of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) were interfering in his work.

A source close to the NFF said the Swede, who led Nigeria to yet another African Women Nations Cup triumph last year and the round of 16 at the France 2019 Women World Cup, left the country immediately after Nigeria’s Tokyo 2020 Olympics qualifier against Algeria at the Agege Stadium on September 3. “Dennerby complained that some NFF officials were making his job difficult for some selfish reasons.

“These officials ensured that some players, who complained that they were being owed allowances and winning bonuses were shut out of the national team. These officials wield enormous power in the women teams. “He got angry that these people had taken their activities to his team selection and decided the best thing to do was to go away. But we are trying to talk to him and address his concerns in the interest of the nation,” the source said. Before he left, Dennerby was preparing the Super Falcons for a Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games qualifier against Cote d’Ivoire for which the federation recently invited 30 overseas and home-based players to camp. The players, according to the NFF, are expected to arrive in camp today.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Dennerby dumps Super Falcons

Post by Dammy »

Next wrote:Super Falcons Coach, Thomas Dennerby has left the country unceremoniously over claims that some influential members of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) were interfering in his work.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/09/den ... r-falcons/

A source close to the NFF said the Swede, who led Nigeria to yet another African Women Nations Cup triumph last year and the round of 16 at the France 2019 Women World Cup, left the country immediately after Nigeria’s Tokyo 2020 Olympics qualifier against Algeria at the Agege Stadium on September 3. “Dennerby complained that some NFF officials were making his job difficult for some selfish reasons.

“These officials ensured that some players, who complained that they were being owed allowances and winning bonuses were shut out of the national team. These officials wield enormous power in the women teams. “He got angry that these people had taken their activities to his team selection and decided the best thing to do was to go away. But we are trying to talk to him and address his concerns in the interest of the nation,” the source said. Before he left, Dennerby was preparing the Super Falcons for a Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games qualifier against Cote d’Ivoire for which the federation recently invited 30 overseas and home-based players to camp. The players, according to the NFF, are expected to arrive in camp today.
Typical Nigerian big men, their selfish interest before that of the nation. Just like we did in 2002 WC, where our best players were left behind because some big man was upset.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dnerby, don't let the door hit you
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Addition by subtraction
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Fantastically corrupt people. :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote:Fantastically corrupt people. :lol:
It’s abuse of power rather than financial corruption...
Sadly, it’s virtually cultural in Nigeria that if “underlings” protest for their rights, it’s seen as an “insult” to Oga! :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

I agree to everything said thus far.
But let me add another dimension to it.

Dennerby taught (before coming to naija) that he will have good players so he can coach; unfortunately that is not the case & he must have to train/develop average players to good players which he cannot do and has never done, plus the alternative was to search for players outside the normal circle which he will be unable to do especially as a foreigner.
His time period in Sweden were with good to very good players where he only had to coach not train & develop.

Therefore dumping the Falcons will also be a way to breathe a sign of relief as well as an escape.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

And where did you pull this theory of yours out from? Your posterior?
Nigeria DOES have good enough players. The issue is Nigerians in power have hidden agendas when it comes to selecting the best candidates for the job (Nepotism, Tribalism, Favoritism, etc). 'Bigmanism' also seems to have played a role in this case, as Gotti pointed out. They tried superimposing their will on the guy, maybe because he looks like he can easily be pushed over.

The guy looked like he enjoyed working with the girls, so I am not sure I agree with you on your 'sigh of relief' comment.
Oguleftie wrote:I agree to everything said thus far.

Dennerby taught (before coming to naija) that he will have good players so he can coach; unfortunately that is not the case & he must have to train/develop average players to good players which he cannot do and has never done, plus the alternative was to search for players outside the normal circle which he will be unable to do especially as a foreigner.
His time period in Sweden were with good to very good players where he only had to coach not train & develop.

Therefore dumping the Falcons will also be a way to breathe a sign of relief as well as an escape.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

May God forgive you for speaking evil of the dead.
Oguleftie wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:And where did you pull this theory of yours out from? Your posterior?
Nigeria DOES have good enough players. The issue is Nigerians in power have hidden agendas when it comes to selecting the best candidates for the job (Nepotism, Tribalism, Favoritism, etc). 'Bigmanism' also seems to have played a role in this case, as Gotti pointed out. They tried superimposing their will on the guy, maybe because he looks like he can easily be pushed over.

The guy looked like he enjoyed working with the girls, so I am not sure I agree with you on your 'sigh of relief' comment.
Oguleftie wrote:I agree to everything said thus far.

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

SUSPENSION
SUSPENSION
must happen now in few seconds .....counting down
Let’s see if mods are cowards like I hear all the time
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

jette1 wrote:SUSPENSION
SUSPENSION
must happen now in few seconds .....counting down
Let’s see if mods are cowards like I hear all the time
Whatever it was, it must have been deleted. Can't take action without evidence.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The guy was a poor coach. He should have been outright fired.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

But we are trying to talk to him and address his concerns in the interest of the nation,” the source said.

Nigerians seem to have a penchant for begging foreign coaches (Lagerbeck, Rohr to mention a few (with Togo it was their WC2006 German coach)). By contrast, a Nigerian coach who indicates he might resign is treated with contempt. Looking back at France 2019, it's hard to see what improvements the gentleman brought to the Falcons, notwithstanding the Fox commentator who saw his hiring as a sign or progress. I say, stay with a Nigerian woman (or man) as coach - the performance can't be much worse. I want to tell the unnamed spokesman who says this humiliating begging is being done for the national interest to speak for his timid self.
Bell
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Gotti wrote:
Lolly wrote:Fantastically corrupt people. :lol:
It’s abuse of power rather than financial corruption...
Sadly, it’s virtually cultural in Nigeria that if “underlings” protest for their rights, it’s seen as an “insult” to Oga! :oops:
:clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The highlighted sums up why progress in everything we do is very slow.
Even some 'ogas' herein are noted for using the same mentality to threaten banning forum members.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges