England, Nigeria and Canada join the chase!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
England, Nigeria and Canada join the chase!!

Post by Senator WIRES »

England, Nigeria and Canada are in a three-way tussle for the services of Fikayo Tomori, with the Chelsea centre-half's impressive displays putting him on Gareth Southgate's radar.

Tomori, who was born in Canada to Nigerian parents, but the family moved to Gravesend when he was a baby, had played for Canada's Under 20 team and for England's Under 20 and Under 21 teams.

But as with Tammy Abraham, Nigeria are pressing hard to recruit two of Chelsea's progress. Abraham has played for the England senior team but has yet to play in a competitive match and so can switch nationalities under FIFA rules,

Tomori is non-committal at present and said: 'I'm a citizen of all three [countries] so we'll see. I was born in Canada and lived there about seven or eight months old. My family is Nigerian, obviously I live in England. It's nice to have that. I can't play Under-21 football anymore so the last international break I didn't get called up to anyone. Next one maybe we'll see.'
His manager Frank Lampard has tipped him to be good enough to make the cut for England but insists he won't try to influence his decision.

Lampard said: 'It's his choice. I wouldn't tell him where to play internationally. But he's played for [England] Under-21s and if he continues with his form and keeps improving then of course I would expect there to be potential for England if Gareth chooses to select him.

'He shouldn't worry about it at the minute. He should just worry about how he's playing every game or how he trains every day and That will be a nice problem for him, hopefully, if he's eligible for three. He can chose which one he wants.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... omori.html
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: England, Nigeria and Canada join the chase!!

Post by 1naija »

Na wa for agents o..
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

There is no chase. He's already an England u21 player. Leave him alone to face his career with Englandi
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We don't need these guys. They aren't good enough
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He’s an England training prop!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Eaglezbeak wrote:He’s an England training prop!
But a sure starter for Canada :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
But a sure starter for Canada :thumb:
:agree:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Develop our own players and stop using English academy to build our team.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

I never seen someone pocket Mo Salah so easily. Great pace. Everyone currently knows us for our slow defenders so me I no mind o.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

greg wrote:I never seen someone pocket Mo Salah so easily. Great pace. Everyone currently knows us for our slow defenders so me I no mind o.
No mind dem!
If dem like, make dem chase am comot if he decides to don the GWG. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Until he opens his mouth to say he is not interested he remains a must get player. In fact we should have capped him from his Derby days. That boy is solid, at least in comparison to what we currently have.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Damunk wrote:
greg wrote:I never seen someone pocket Mo Salah so easily. Great pace. Everyone currently knows us for our slow defenders so me I no mind o.
No mind dem!
If dem like, make dem chase am comot if he decides to don the GWG. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think anyone is against or wouldn't support Tomori playing for the SE. Just a proportion of people don't believe in the idea of national teams "chasing" after players, which I can personally understand.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

oloye wrote:Until he opens his mouth to say he is not interested he remains a must get player. In fact we should have capped him from his Derby days. That boy is solid, at least in comparison to what we currently have.
I genuinely find it hard to believe that Tomori hasn't been approached by the NFF if Semi Ajayi was capped last year whilst also playing for Rotherham last year in the championship. Tomori is embedded in the English youth set up. Played in the cup winning u-20 WC team back in 2017 and was a member of the u-21 Euro champ team during the summer. I would be very surprised if he committed to playing for the SE this early in his career (at least I wouldn't yet, If I was in shoes). He would definitely be good addition to the SE.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

:lol: :lol:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

If you have “never seen” someone pocket Salah so easily, you are either lying, watched very little or Salah or you are a fooking agent. Which ever it is, you shouldn’t be posting on CE.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Then you didn't watch the recently concluded ANC! He may be good, but "pocketing" Mo Salah in one game cannot the be the basis to declare him good for the SE.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:Until he opens his mouth to say he is not interested he remains a must get player. In fact we should have capped him from his Derby days. That boy is solid, at least in comparison to what we currently have.
I mentioned this when he was the best player at Derby County last season. https://sports.yahoo.com/fikayo-tomori- ... 12780.html

.. But hey no. He's not a shiny 'look at me' type player that scores 30 goals a season so we don't need him. Now that he's establishing himself in Chelsea's first team it's time to run around like headless chickens to convince him to switch :lol:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

green4life wrote:
I mentioned this when he was the best player at Derby County last season. https://sports.yahoo.com/fikayo-tomori- ... 12780.html

.. But hey no. He's not a shiny 'look at me' type player that scores 30 goals a season so we don't need him. Now that he's establishing himself in Chelsea's first team it's time to run around like headless chickens to convince him to switch :lol:
People have been talking about Tomori before you got on board last season.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:

Being the "best player" for a kick and rush rubbish Derby is not enough to play for Nigeria.

AND I have said this repeatedly, if anyone truky wants to play for Nigeria, they will. This is ridiculous! If Tomori wants to play for Nigeria, he will. Whether we went for him last year in Div 2 or whether we go for him this year in the EPL. its irrelevant. If he loves England, it doesnt matter when we go for him, he will reject us. And if he loves Nigeria, it doesnt matter when we go for him, he will wait for us.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Damunk wrote:
No mind dem!
I swear.....funny people.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Develop our own players and stop using English academy to build our team.

SUCH A SIMPLE SOLUTION, BUT...

...it's seemingly lost on those in charge.
Bell
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:

Being the "best player" for a kick and rush rubbish Derby is not enough to play for Nigeria.

AND I have said this repeatedly, if anyone truky wants to play for Nigeria, they will. This is ridiculous! If Tomori wants to play for Nigeria, he will. Whether we went for him last year in Div 2 or whether we go for him this year in the EPL. its irrelevant. If he loves England, it doesnt matter when we go for him, he will reject us. And if he loves Nigeria, it doesnt matter when we go for him, he will wait for us.
Whether he plays for his country or not is non of your business. You should focus on what you can do for your country beyond enjoying other people's sacrifices on the Internet. He can show you his father's, grand and great father's properties on ancestral ground in Nigeria if you want with his name on it.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS