Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30006
Benedict Iroha wrote:
Develop our own players and stop using English academy to build our team.

Develop being the oxymoron in the above sentence presumably. Nigeria has no interest in actual development, favouring a bag full of silver to the infrastructural advancements that bring about sustainable development and upgrade. As for Tomori, if England’s interest is genuine, Ni-going nowhere-geria can forgerrit!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:23 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 20094
Location: Canada
Zelex wrote:
Damunk wrote:
greg wrote:
I never seen someone pocket Mo Salah so easily. Great pace. Everyone currently knows us for our slow defenders so me I no mind o.
No mind dem!
If dem like, make dem chase am comot if he decides to don the GWG. :lol: :lol: :lol:


I don't think anyone is against or wouldn't support Tomori playing for the SE. Just a proportion of people don't believe in the idea of national teams "chasing" after players, which I can personally understand.

Can you name one national team that doesn't do this? The only other option from this in building a national team is foolishness.

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 11893
Location: seattle
Coach wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
Develop our own players and stop using English academy to build our team.

Develop being the oxymoron in the above sentence presumably. Nigeria has no interest in actual development, favouring a bag full of silver to the infrastructural advancements that bring about sustainable development and upgrade. As for Tomori, if England’s interest is genuine, Ni-going nowhere-geria can forgerrit!



it only makes sense if we do the same running the zoo; recruit best Nigerians scattered all over the globe to run the zoo including the presidency

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:31 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 20094
Location: Canada
Benedict Iroha wrote:
Develop our own players and stop using English academy to build our team.

Except that the simple requirement to play for Nigeria is to be an eligible Nigerian. Nigerians will play for Nigeria, it doesn't matter where they were developed. We have Nigerians that schooled abroad in the House and Senate so why not in football. I guess if you go back home to work, you should be discriminated against because you have a foreign (aka English) degree and did not build your "English" or "American" career in Nigeria.

Some here have discriminatory tendencies. All you have left is a position and power to actually carry out your misgivings and start disenfranchising groups of Nigerians. The sort of thing that leads to wars. The worst thing is you'd actually believe you're doing the right thing and what is best for the country.

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:50 pm
Posts: 4985
Location: London
felarey wrote:
Zelex wrote:
Damunk wrote:
greg wrote:
I never seen someone pocket Mo Salah so easily. Great pace. Everyone currently knows us for our slow defenders so me I no mind o.
No mind dem!
If dem like, make dem chase am comot if he decides to don the GWG. :lol: :lol: :lol:


I don't think anyone is against or wouldn't support Tomori playing for the SE. Just a proportion of people don't believe in the idea of national teams "chasing" after players, which I can personally understand.

Can you name one national team that doesn't do this? The only other option from this in building a national team is foolishness.


"Chasing" or trying to convince players to play for a country is something a number of national teams do. It's a reflection of increased globalization and multi-cultural societies that we now live in. Nothing wrong with it per say. However I do find the idea of convincing someone to represent a country a little bizarre. It should be an honour to represent one's country. The fact one needs to have several discussions with an individual to get them to believe in our project doesn't sit well with me. It should be an instinctive decision to play for Nigeria but that is where we find ourselves today with modern sport. It not going to change so one best embrace it.

_________________
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:33 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 20094
Location: Canada
Zelex wrote:
felarey wrote:
Zelex wrote:
Damunk wrote:
greg wrote:
I never seen someone pocket Mo Salah so easily. Great pace. Everyone currently knows us for our slow defenders so me I no mind o.
No mind dem!
If dem like, make dem chase am comot if he decides to don the GWG. :lol: :lol: :lol:


I don't think anyone is against or wouldn't support Tomori playing for the SE. Just a proportion of people don't believe in the idea of national teams "chasing" after players, which I can personally understand.

Can you name one national team that doesn't do this? The only other option from this in building a national team is foolishness.


"Chasing" or trying to convince players to play for a country is something a number of national teams do. It's a reflection of increased globalization and multi-cultural societies that we now live in. Nothing wrong with it per say. However I do find the idea of convincing someone to represent a country a little bizarre. It should be an honour to represent one's country. The fact one needs to have several discussions with an individual to get them to believe in our project doesn't sit well with me. It should be an instinctive decision to play for Nigeria but that is where we find ourselves today with modern sport. It not going to change so one best embrace it.

If you got a call asking for your useful services from Nigeria, should your decision be instinctive? Would you consider your options for your career, family, money etc?

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:50 pm
Posts: 4985
Location: London
felarey wrote:
Zelex wrote:
felarey wrote:
Zelex wrote:
Damunk wrote:
greg wrote:
I never seen someone pocket Mo Salah so easily. Great pace. Everyone currently knows us for our slow defenders so me I no mind o.
No mind dem!
If dem like, make dem chase am comot if he decides to don the GWG. :lol: :lol: :lol:


I don't think anyone is against or wouldn't support Tomori playing for the SE. Just a proportion of people don't believe in the idea of national teams "chasing" after players, which I can personally understand.

Can you name one national team that doesn't do this? The only other option from this in building a national team is foolishness.


"Chasing" or trying to convince players to play for a country is something a number of national teams do. It's a reflection of increased globalization and multi-cultural societies that we now live in. Nothing wrong with it per say. However I do find the idea of convincing someone to represent a country a little bizarre. It should be an honour to represent one's country. The fact one needs to have several discussions with an individual to get them to believe in our project doesn't sit well with me. It should be an instinctive decision to play for Nigeria but that is where we find ourselves today with modern sport. It not going to change so one best embrace it.

If you got a call asking for your useful services from Nigeria, should your decision be instinctive? Would you consider your options for your career, family, money etc?


I would most definitely consider my options. I don't think that is a good example though in relation to football. One's club career is what is most important in terms of a career, family and money which entirely depends on an individuals talent and work ethic. Aubameyeng playing for Gabon, George Weah for Liberia has had little effect on their reputation or career development. Agbonlahor chose England and played a couple of caps, it never really elevated his career. There is no guarantee that choosing to play for e.g. Nigeria ahead of England (or vice-versa) will lead to a better career-trophies are no guarantee especially in international football. The more reason why one should go with their instincts more often than not. Just my thoughts....

_________________
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:23 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 20094
Location: Canada
Zelex wrote:
felarey wrote:
Zelex wrote:
felarey wrote:
Zelex wrote:
Damunk wrote:
greg wrote:
I never seen someone pocket Mo Salah so easily. Great pace. Everyone currently knows us for our slow defenders so me I no mind o.
No mind dem!
If dem like, make dem chase am comot if he decides to don the GWG. :lol: :lol: :lol:


I don't think anyone is against or wouldn't support Tomori playing for the SE. Just a proportion of people don't believe in the idea of national teams "chasing" after players, which I can personally understand.

Can you name one national team that doesn't do this? The only other option from this in building a national team is foolishness.


"Chasing" or trying to convince players to play for a country is something a number of national teams do. It's a reflection of increased globalization and multi-cultural societies that we now live in. Nothing wrong with it per say. However I do find the idea of convincing someone to represent a country a little bizarre. It should be an honour to represent one's country. The fact one needs to have several discussions with an individual to get them to believe in our project doesn't sit well with me. It should be an instinctive decision to play for Nigeria but that is where we find ourselves today with modern sport. It not going to change so one best embrace it.

If you got a call asking for your useful services from Nigeria, should your decision be instinctive? Would you consider your options for your career, family, money etc?


I would most definitely consider my options. I don't think that is a good example though in relation to football. One's club career is what is most important in terms of a career, family and money which entirely depends on an individuals talent and work ethic. Aubameyeng playing for Gabon, George Weah for Liberia has had little effect on their reputation or career development. Agbonlahor chose England and played a couple of caps, it never really elevated his career. There is no guarantee that choosing to play for e.g. Nigeria ahead of England (or vice-versa) will lead to a better career-trophies are no guarantee especially in international football. The more reason why one should go with their instincts more often than not. Just my thoughts....

You would consider your options and with that comes a possible need to be convinced. What options did Aubameyang or George Weah have for international football? I doubt they had the same options as the likes of Patrick Viera, Makelele, Zinedine Zidane, Paul Pogba etc....could really list 80% of the french team. If it were all about work ethic and talent, do you think all those English players in EPL clubs will be there making the big bucks and getting opportunities? Frankly many of them will not be there if they were not English. Availability for England alone is currency talkless playing for England. We know that playing for a national team whose fans actually show up in stadiums around the world, buy confectionery, shirts plus merchandize is an advantage during contract negotiation regarding commercial value ala money.
Take Wilfred Zaha for example, do you really believe Crystal Palace would be messing with him and he won't be at a top 4 club by now on atleast 200G/week if he were playing for England? As a regular, he'll easily get that contract on commercial value before talent and ability. Now if we go further and consider the fortunes of the national teams, rankings, potential etc. How has choosing France worked out for the many we know compared to heading to Congo or Cameroon? How did choosing Portugal ahead of Angola and Cape Verde help those portuguese players. Then on to what environment these players have grown and developed in. You'd find there's a lot that makes that instinctive response impossible. It's not as if Nigeria cares just because they're Nigerian and not because they're playing at a high level. Where was Nigeria 5 yrs ago when I brought Tomori here, I knew firsthand then that his family had never heard from anybody in Nigeria. We are not asking them out of favour, we're strategically and tactically trying to gain their commitment for our own good. The idea of an instinctive response is simply unrealistic.

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 15204

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2019
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:02 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 4891
Bet your #$% Canada is on it, they can sell him on a Golden Generation too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:37 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40294
Location: UK
kalani JR wrote:
Bet your #$% Canada is on it, they can sell him on a Golden Generation too.
I bet Canada is bottom of the list.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:32 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 4891
Damunk wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bet your #$% Canada is on it, they can sell him on a Golden Generation too.
I bet Canada is bottom of the list.


Bottom or not they're on it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 13979
Location: South London
This guy is more needed than Abraham, he’s a very good defender with attacking abilities,our defence definitely needs bulking up!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:04 pm
Posts: 521
Tomori has been called up by England just to end Nigeria's chase.

If he accepts the invitation then, he has made the final decision on his international future.

Tomori and Tammy will be given a few minutes to lock them up for life and end the debate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:41 am
Posts: 15579
MYMIND wrote:
Tomori has been called up by England just to end Nigeria's chase.

If he accepts the invitation then, he has made the final decision on his international future.

Tomori and Tammy will be given a few minutes to lock them up for life and end the debate.

And that's it....They will never play a World Cup or Euro match

_________________
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team?id=657&cc=5901
http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=nga/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria_national_football_team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17581
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
goke313 wrote:
MYMIND wrote:
Tomori has been called up by England just to end Nigeria's chase.

If he accepts the invitation then, he has made the final decision on his international future.

Tomori and Tammy will be given a few minutes to lock them up for life and end the debate.

And that's it....They will never play a World Cup or Euro match


Why is there so much bitterness on this issue? These guys had a choice and while Nigeria would have been glad to have them, they have (at least temporarily) chosen England. Am I surprised? Not at all. As I have stated so many times, England would and should be their No.1 choice since they grew up there, they are familiar culturally with England, most of their friends are English. No big deal. As for their international future, I think both are young enough to hope for a good international future with England. I wish them the best. We move on to the next guy.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chief nfachairman, EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA, vancity eagle and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group