AFCON 2019: MIKEL-ROHR CLASH OVER IWOBI?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: AFCON 2019: MIKEL-ROHR CLASH OVER IWOBI?

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
obaGol wrote:Glad this mediocre period of our soccer lives is over
Mediocre period?

Where do the excavate you people from?
Which part you no understand? Mediocre or period :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :mrgreen:
I typically gauge people's understanding of the game by how they rate certain players.
:rotf: right...players like John Ogu that can't even get a team on a free transfer abi? Or is it the Mikels that couldn't get a single EPL team after Chelski and has to go to China and Turkey? Your gauge don off siiiiiiiince, no be today :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :mrgreen:
You see why I don't bother discussing football with you. Someone plays at Chelski for 10 odd years wins everything winnable for the team and you are judging him based on what he is able to do as an 'old man'. His mates that went into coaching and can't get a professional contract negates their previous accomplishments?

Nna, just enter ROM.
Did I only mention Mikel? What about Ogu? What about your views on him should make anyone want to discuss footie with you? His umpteen years in Israel or his inability to find a club? Abeg make we hear word jo, you just like slow ponderous players and in your mind that equates to ballers :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
No, I don't particularly like 'slow ponderous players'. I like players who exhibit high football IQ. Players who don't play like their head is on fire and are calm regardless of the Chinese fire drill going on around them. Some of yous like folks that huff and puff and get stuck in but will make the wrong decision 9 times out of 10. We complain of our players having low football IQ but we never address our fans who have even lower football IQ.

Ogu is a good player. He is slow and he is old in football parlance. It will drastically affect ones ability to get a club where there's limited resources to devote to foreigners. Not many teams will take a player at an advanced football age who is slow to boot.

I know you prefer mechanics, vulcanizers, and mkpokiti dancers... even in roles where you are just supposed to keep the ball moving and not show us say you sabi ball.

My offer to you stands... next time we get game, I will either fly you to come watch the game with me or I go fly come watch am with you so I can explain to you what you are watching... :D :taunt: :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

maceo4 wrote:
jette1 wrote:mikel would never under any circumstance straight up ask Rohr to drop anyone talk less iwobi; inconsistent with the character of the guy we know for last 15 years
Not saying he did, b/c I don't believe this story, but you are aware of the reason he got a gucci slipper to the cheek right?
Abeg, pardon my ignorance o; what’s this “gucci slipper” story/rumor about?
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote: No, I don't particularly like 'slow ponderous players'. I like players who exhibit high football IQ. Players who don't play like their head is on fire and are calm regardless of the Chinese fire drill going on around them. Some of yous like folks that huff and puff and get stuck in but will make the wrong decision 9 times out of 10. We complain of our players having low football IQ but we never address our fans who have even lower football IQ.

Ogu is a good player. He is slow and he is old in football parlance. It will drastically affect ones ability to get a club where there's limited resources to devote to foreigners. Not many teams will take a player at an advanced football age who is slow to boot.

I know you prefer mechanics, vulcanizers, and mkpokiti dancers... even in roles where you are just supposed to keep the ball moving and not show us say you sabi ball.

My offer to you stands... next time we get game, I will either fly you to come watch the game with me or I go fly come watch am with you so I can explain to you what you are watching... :D :taunt: :taunt:
Na wa o, so you think I like mechanics and vulcanizers? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Not true o! I'm the chief guy against the likes of Esiti the mechanic etc making the SE. I hate atilogwu dancers just as much, I like efficient, effective players. But if they are too slow to be effective (a la Ogu) then they are a liability regardless of their so called IQ.

I despise stiff mechanics, but the fact is regardless of Mikel's IQ, his slowness on the ball cannot work in the modern game as far as the AM position is concerned. Every coach that tried it in the NT failed (Siasia, Amodu, Rohr), it was only Keshi that succeeded when he played to Mikel's strengths by moving him back to the holding position.

I mean it was devastatingly obvious after Rohr's first game at the world cup and everybody (even your boy Mourinho) was laughing at us for using a player like Mikel as our AM that I thought that door would have been closed going forward. But then he tried it again at the ANC with an even older and slower and unfit Mikel, almost tainting his legacy. I'm glad we have a more modern AM like Iwobi who can drive the team forward (even with his flaws and all), and we are past the period of trying to fit/force Mikel into that role simply because of his IQ.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

elerineye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
jette1 wrote:mikel would never under any circumstance straight up ask Rohr to drop anyone talk less iwobi; inconsistent with the character of the guy we know for last 15 years
Not saying he did, b/c I don't believe this story, but you are aware of the reason he got a gucci slipper to the cheek right?
Abeg, pardon my ignorance o; what’s this “gucci slipper” story/rumor about?
Basically at 2014 WC he had a quarrel with Osaze in a team gathering and said to Keshi that he had already warned him not to bring Osaze back that he’s trouble and Osaze infamously slapped him with his Gucci slippers lol

So saying Mikel wouldn’t interfere with player selection doesn’t vibe with this story, that was the point I was making.

And I do feel he had a rift with Rohr as he didn’t feature again in the tournament after the group stage. Even when we were trying to close out games, players like Balogun were subbed in to play DM when you have a natural DM and captain of the team sitting right there, never warming up and never looking interested in the game. But all this na my own feeling o, so take with a pinch of salt!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!