Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17581
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Gotti wrote:
While, to be brutally honest, I do not think this dude is SE quality...
Philosophically, I have nothing against the coach inviting whatever players he wishes to.

Nonetheless, please let no one attempt to insult our collective intelligence (or even their own, by fooling themselves) that if this call-up was made by an indigenous coach that allegations of bribery and corruption, complete with advance lectures in Dropolgy, would not have been the order of the day, pretty much by those twisting themselves into human pretzels to rationalize this call-up.

GOOD LUCK to the Lad! He's been handed a rare opportunity to play himself into or out of the spotlight!


Gotti,

BOOOM. You hit the nail on the head.

This is a head scratcher, only because of what many here have claimed should be the criteria for inviting only players playing at the very best clubs in the world. Personally, I do not care about all that with the full knowledge that migration destination of Nigerian players is not as rational as we all think. Moreover, the fact remains a coach can invite any one, BTW including NPFL players. They are the ones (coaches) that assume responsibility. But make no mistake about it, if this call as mentioned above was made by a local coach all hell would have broken loose.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38852
Location: Land of the Terrapins
txj wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Obong wrote:
Gotti wrote:
While, to be brutally honest, I do not think this dude is SE quality...
Philosophically, I have nothing against the coach inviting whatever players he wishes to.

Nonetheless, please let no one attempt to insult our collective intelligence (or even their own, by fooling themselves) that if this call-up was made by an indigenous coach that allegations of bribery and corruption, complete with advance lectures in Dropolgy, would not have been the order of the day, pretty much by those twisting themselves into human pretzels to rationalize this call-up.

GOOD LUCK to the Lad! He's been handed a rare opportunity to play himself into or out of the spotlight!


https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/10/07/e ... rtcomings/

Eight goals in six years? Played only one full 90 minute game since arriving Bulgaria? DW Sports Management again?

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/10/07/n ... -for-kalu/


According to txj this doesn't matter, any tom d#$% and harry DESERVES a chance to play for SE esp. against chumps Brazil...*shakes head* these guys can't even hide their bias, this would never fly with an LC! How many Francis Kumbur jokes did we make...


Solomon's case is no different from Aribo's or any other sundry average and above average Nigerians playing in the Europa league.

As long as there's a standard and we know who are first team players are, I'm fine with casting the net wide...

This is much ado about nothing....


Explain how this is anything like Aribo? You can’t just spew fallacies just to protect Rohr. This guy has played only one 90 minute game all season. Aribo has played 1,193 minutes already this season this guy 418 total and a whopping 13 of those in the Europa league you keep mentioning. He has one assist all season as a winger zero goals, Joe already has 4 goals 2 assists from CM.

So I ask again how is this anything like Aribo? And why do you keep mentioning Europa where he’s only played 13 minutes? So 13 minutes in Europa now equates to a SE invite to you? Ejuke has 688 minutes in Dutch league and 4 goals, but 13 minutes in Europa trumps that? The numbers are not on your side for this Kumbur invite abeg...


Solomon, based on current state of the SE is probably behind 5-6 other wide players, even before he's kicked a ball, and if the reports are true, was upgraded from standby status.

After 12 weeks of the Bulgarian league he's played in 7 games.

At the time of his invite, he's as much an unknown quantity as Aribo and the leagues they all play in are roughly on same level.

I'll like the net cast as wide as possible, including to Ejuke.. But the point here is, these guys are all on the same level.

As long as we have a standard and are willing to give players a chance, I'm good with it. The rest is much ado about nothing...


I just gave you numbers and you just keep repeating your fallacies over and over just ignoring the facts.

Is the discussion about unknown quantity or whether his body of work is of the quality to be called to a NT? Every player that hasn't played for the SE is going to be an 'unknown quantity' or whatever, but does that mean we call every single player? Do we have time to do that? Shouldn't we be taking our precious few friendlies to focus on those unknown quantities that have the best chance of proving to be useful for the SE long term? While casting your net wide can 1Naija get an invite from his foreign based co-ed team?

You speak of standard, so what is the standard that was used to choose this guy? You mentioned Europa that I showed you he's only played 13 minutes in? So what is the standard again? 13 minutes of Europa equals a callup? Ejuke doesn't play in Europa but he's played against CL clubs like Ajax and PSV clubs that are better than the one this guy got 13 minutes against. This selection significantly lowers the supposed standard as there are more deserving players numbers-wise.

Its not simply about being an 'unknown quantity' but when Aribo was picked and you did your research into him you realized he was a good selection. When you look at the numbers for this guy it paints a drastically different picture and it doesn't hurt to admit that...Rohr will still be fine...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30088
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Obong wrote:
Gotti wrote:
While, to be brutally honest, I do not think this dude is SE quality...
Philosophically, I have nothing against the coach inviting whatever players he wishes to.

Nonetheless, please let no one attempt to insult our collective intelligence (or even their own, by fooling themselves) that if this call-up was made by an indigenous coach that allegations of bribery and corruption, complete with advance lectures in Dropolgy, would not have been the order of the day, pretty much by those twisting themselves into human pretzels to rationalize this call-up.

GOOD LUCK to the Lad! He's been handed a rare opportunity to play himself into or out of the spotlight!


https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/10/07/e ... rtcomings/

Eight goals in six years? Played only one full 90 minute game since arriving Bulgaria? DW Sports Management again?

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/10/07/n ... -for-kalu/


According to txj this doesn't matter, any tom d#$% and harry DESERVES a chance to play for SE esp. against chumps Brazil...*shakes head* these guys can't even hide their bias, this would never fly with an LC! How many Francis Kumbur jokes did we make...


Solomon's case is no different from Aribo's or any other sundry average and above average Nigerians playing in the Europa league.

As long as there's a standard and we know who are first team players are, I'm fine with casting the net wide...

This is much ado about nothing....


Explain how this is anything like Aribo? You can’t just spew fallacies just to protect Rohr. This guy has played only one 90 minute game all season. Aribo has played 1,193 minutes already this season this guy 418 total and a whopping 13 of those in the Europa league you keep mentioning. He has one assist all season as a winger zero goals, Joe already has 4 goals 2 assists from CM.

So I ask again how is this anything like Aribo? And why do you keep mentioning Europa where he’s only played 13 minutes? So 13 minutes in Europa now equates to a SE invite to you? Ejuke has 688 minutes in Dutch league and 4 goals, but 13 minutes in Europa trumps that? The numbers are not on your side for this Kumbur invite abeg...


Solomon, based on current state of the SE is probably behind 5-6 other wide players, even before he's kicked a ball, and if the reports are true, was upgraded from standby status.

After 12 weeks of the Bulgarian league he's played in 7 games.

At the time of his invite, he's as much an unknown quantity as Aribo and the leagues they all play in are roughly on same level.

I'll like the net cast as wide as possible, including to Ejuke.. But the point here is, these guys are all on the same level.

As long as we have a standard and are willing to give players a chance, I'm good with it. The rest is much ado about nothing...


I just gave you numbers and you just keep repeating your fallacies over and over just ignoring the facts.

Is the discussion about unknown quantity or whether his body of work is of the quality to be called to a NT? Every player that hasn't played for the SE is going to be an 'unknown quantity' or whatever, but does that mean we call every single player? Do we have time to do that? Shouldn't we be taking our precious few friendlies to focus on those unknown quantities that have the best chance of proving to be useful for the SE long term? While casting your net wide can 1Naija get an invite from his foreign based co-ed team?

You speak of standard, so what is the standard that was used to choose this guy? You mentioned Europa that I showed you he's only played 13 minutes in? So what is the standard again? 13 minutes of Europa equals a callup? Ejuke doesn't play in Europa but he's played against CL clubs like Ajax and PSV clubs that are better than the one this guy got 13 minutes against. This selection significantly lowers the supposed standard as there are more deserving players numbers-wise.

Its not simply about being an 'unknown quantity' but when Aribo was picked and you did your research into him you realized he was a good selection. When you look at the numbers for this guy it paints a drastically different picture and it doesn't hurt to admit that...Rohr will still be fine...


You gave the Europa League numbers but conveniently ignoring the league appearances of 7 from 12 games!

Like I said, these guys are largely on the same level. How do I know? I've watched them play!

Would I like Ejuke invited? Absolutely!

But its a toss up amongst them- Igboanike, Ejuke, Solomon, etc...

They are all on the same level, and none of them based on what I have seen will displace any of the players ahead of them....

So lets not make this out to be what it is not.

There are far more significant issues to critique Rohr on. Personnel decisions is not one of them!

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38852
Location: Land of the Terrapins
txj wrote:

You gave the Europa League numbers but conveniently ignoring the league appearances of 7 from 12 games!

Like I said, these guys are largely on the same level. How do I know? I've watched them play!

Would I like Ejuke invited? Absolutely!

But its a toss up amongst them- Igboanike, Ejuke, Solomon, etc...

They are all on the same level, and none of them based on what I have seen will displace any of the players ahead of them....

So lets not make this out to be what it is not.

There are far more significant issues to critique Rohr on. Personnel decisions is not one of them!


See there you go misrepresenting facts again, 7 out of 12 games with an average of 60 minutes of play per game in the useless Bulgarian league with only ever playing the full 90 minutes once? Lets take out that 90 minute game and his average time falls to 54 minutes in the other 6 games. This is in the Bulgarian league of all places.

Now you are saying you watched them, on what channel is the Bulgarian league featured on? Or is it the 13 minutes of Europa Cup that you watched to draw your conclusion? Ejuke's games are watchable on ESPN+ in US and his stats show he plays at least 76 minutes per game, has better scoring stats 4 goals and 2 assists in a much better league. But in your eyes the difference is negligible since you phantomly saw this solomon play in obscure Bulgaria. Lets ignore the fact of how he ended up in Bulgaria having failed to impress in lower leagues in England as opposed to Ejuke who is on the ascendancy from Norway to Dutch first division. Abeg make we hear word, the bobo does not deserve a call up and you are not going to bamboozle us into believing he does. An LC does this and there is a huge stink up plain and simple.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30088
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:

You gave the Europa League numbers but conveniently ignoring the league appearances of 7 from 12 games!

Like I said, these guys are largely on the same level. How do I know? I've watched them play!

Would I like Ejuke invited? Absolutely!

But its a toss up amongst them- Igboanike, Ejuke, Solomon, etc...

They are all on the same level, and none of them based on what I have seen will displace any of the players ahead of them....

So lets not make this out to be what it is not.

There are far more significant issues to critique Rohr on. Personnel decisions is not one of them!


See there you go misrepresenting facts again, 7 out of 12 games with an average of 60 minutes of play per game in the useless Bulgarian league with only ever playing the full 90 minutes once? Lets take out that 90 minute game and his average time falls to 54 minutes in the other 6 games. This is in the Bulgarian league of all places.

Now you are saying you watched them, on what channel is the Bulgarian league featured on? Or is it the 13 minutes of Europa Cup that you watched to draw your conclusion? Ejuke's games are watchable on ESPN+ in US and his stats show he plays at least 76 minutes per game, has better scoring stats 4 goals and 2 assists in a much better league. But in your eyes the difference is negligible since you phantomly saw this solomon play in obscure Bulgaria. Lets ignore the fact of how he ended up in Bulgaria having failed to impress in lower leagues in England as opposed to Ejuke who is on the ascendancy from Norway to Dutch first division. Abeg make we hear word, the bobo does not deserve a call up and you are not going to bamboozle us into believing he does. An LC does this and there is a huge stink up plain and simple.


So you now acknowledge he played more than 13mins this season?

I follow football all over the world, esp where Nigerians are concerned. I couldn't care less whether u believe I watched him or not.

Like I said, these players are on same level. Just b/c you happen to favor Ejuke doesn't change the facts of the matter...

And btw, CSKA Sofia is a higher level club than Heerenveen...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38852
Location: Land of the Terrapins
txj wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:

You gave the Europa League numbers but conveniently ignoring the league appearances of 7 from 12 games!

Like I said, these guys are largely on the same level. How do I know? I've watched them play!

Would I like Ejuke invited? Absolutely!

But its a toss up amongst them- Igboanike, Ejuke, Solomon, etc...

They are all on the same level, and none of them based on what I have seen will displace any of the players ahead of them....

So lets not make this out to be what it is not.

There are far more significant issues to critique Rohr on. Personnel decisions is not one of them!


See there you go misrepresenting facts again, 7 out of 12 games with an average of 60 minutes of play per game in the useless Bulgarian league with only ever playing the full 90 minutes once? Lets take out that 90 minute game and his average time falls to 54 minutes in the other 6 games. This is in the Bulgarian league of all places.

Now you are saying you watched them, on what channel is the Bulgarian league featured on? Or is it the 13 minutes of Europa Cup that you watched to draw your conclusion? Ejuke's games are watchable on ESPN+ in US and his stats show he plays at least 76 minutes per game, has better scoring stats 4 goals and 2 assists in a much better league. But in your eyes the difference is negligible since you phantomly saw this solomon play in obscure Bulgaria. Lets ignore the fact of how he ended up in Bulgaria having failed to impress in lower leagues in England as opposed to Ejuke who is on the ascendancy from Norway to Dutch first division. Abeg make we hear word, the bobo does not deserve a call up and you are not going to bamboozle us into believing he does. An LC does this and there is a huge stink up plain and simple.


So you now acknowledge he played more than 13mins this season?

I follow football all over the world, esp where Nigerians are concerned. I couldn't care less whether u believe I watched him or not.

Like I said, these players are on same level. Just b/c you happen to favor Ejuke doesn't change the facts of the matter...

And btw, CSKA Sofia is a higher level club than Heerenveen...


No you just clearly acknowledged that you didn't read what I wrote (typical naija man), so no point continuing this conversation...you are the one that mentioned his Europa league exploits as why he deserves a SE invite, until I showed that you knew not what you were talking about since he's only played 13 minutes in Europa...

And why you getting defensive, if you watched all their games wouldn't it be easy to say ohhh i saw it here :rotf: , so its clear you didn't and I'm not surprised. Hereenveen might be a slightly smaller club, however they play against bigger clubs in the Dutch league, much better competition than the Bulgarian league and Ejuke is getting significantly more PT with better productivity. Whether you like it or not his numbers are better simple and plain, you can't argue with facts.

maceo4 wrote:
Explain how this is anything like Aribo? You can’t just spew fallacies just to protect Rohr. This guy has played only one 90 minute game all season. Aribo has played 1,193 minutes already this season this guy 418 total and a whopping 13 of those in the Europa league you keep mentioning. He has one assist all season as a winger zero goals, Joe already has 4 goals 2 assists from CM.

So I ask again how is this anything like Aribo? And why do you keep mentioning Europa where he’s only played 13 minutes? So 13 minutes in Europa now equates to a SE invite to you? Ejuke has 688 minutes in Dutch league and 4 goals, but 13 minutes in Europa trumps that? The numbers are not on your side for this Kumbur invite abeg...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30088
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:

You gave the Europa League numbers but conveniently ignoring the league appearances of 7 from 12 games!

Like I said, these guys are largely on the same level. How do I know? I've watched them play!

Would I like Ejuke invited? Absolutely!

But its a toss up amongst them- Igboanike, Ejuke, Solomon, etc...

They are all on the same level, and none of them based on what I have seen will displace any of the players ahead of them....

So lets not make this out to be what it is not.

There are far more significant issues to critique Rohr on. Personnel decisions is not one of them!


See there you go misrepresenting facts again, 7 out of 12 games with an average of 60 minutes of play per game in the useless Bulgarian league with only ever playing the full 90 minutes once? Lets take out that 90 minute game and his average time falls to 54 minutes in the other 6 games. This is in the Bulgarian league of all places.

Now you are saying you watched them, on what channel is the Bulgarian league featured on? Or is it the 13 minutes of Europa Cup that you watched to draw your conclusion? Ejuke's games are watchable on ESPN+ in US and his stats show he plays at least 76 minutes per game, has better scoring stats 4 goals and 2 assists in a much better league. But in your eyes the difference is negligible since you phantomly saw this solomon play in obscure Bulgaria. Lets ignore the fact of how he ended up in Bulgaria having failed to impress in lower leagues in England as opposed to Ejuke who is on the ascendancy from Norway to Dutch first division. Abeg make we hear word, the bobo does not deserve a call up and you are not going to bamboozle us into believing he does. An LC does this and there is a huge stink up plain and simple.


So you now acknowledge he played more than 13mins this season?

I follow football all over the world, esp where Nigerians are concerned. I couldn't care less whether u believe I watched him or not.

Like I said, these players are on same level. Just b/c you happen to favor Ejuke doesn't change the facts of the matter...

And btw, CSKA Sofia is a higher level club than Heerenveen...


No you just clearly acknowledged that you didn't read what I wrote (typical naija man), so no point continuing this conversation...you are the one that mentioned his Europa league exploits as why he deserves a SE invite, until I showed that you knew not what you were talking about since he's only played 13 minutes in Europa...

And why you getting defensive, if you watched all their games wouldn't it be easy to say ohhh i saw it here :rotf: , so its clear you didn't and I'm not surprised. Hereenveen might be a slightly smaller club, however they play against bigger clubs in the Dutch league, much better competition than the Bulgarian league and Ejuke is getting significantly more PT with better productivity. Whether you like it or not his numbers are better simple and plain, you can't argue with facts.

maceo4 wrote:
Explain how this is anything like Aribo? You can’t just spew fallacies just to protect Rohr. This guy has played only one 90 minute game all season. Aribo has played 1,193 minutes already this season this guy 418 total and a whopping 13 of those in the Europa league you keep mentioning. He has one assist all season as a winger zero goals, Joe already has 4 goals 2 assists from CM.

So I ask again how is this anything like Aribo? And why do you keep mentioning Europa where he’s only played 13 minutes? So 13 minutes in Europa now equates to a SE invite to you? Ejuke has 688 minutes in Dutch league and 4 goals, but 13 minutes in Europa trumps that? The numbers are not on your side for this Kumbur invite abeg...



Here is what I said wrt the Europa:
Solomon's case is no different from Aribo's or any other sundry average and above average Nigerians playing in the Europa league.


Now how does that jive with your highlighted comment above re "EL exploits"?

You don't have to make up stuff or lie to get your point across...when you are down to counting how many minutes of the 90 he played through 7 of 12 games, then there is no point to this.

You can like Ejuke and favor his invite without tarnishing other invitations...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38852
Location: Land of the Terrapins
txj wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
txj wrote:

You gave the Europa League numbers but conveniently ignoring the league appearances of 7 from 12 games!

Like I said, these guys are largely on the same level. How do I know? I've watched them play!

Would I like Ejuke invited? Absolutely!

But its a toss up amongst them- Igboanike, Ejuke, Solomon, etc...

They are all on the same level, and none of them based on what I have seen will displace any of the players ahead of them....

So lets not make this out to be what it is not.

There are far more significant issues to critique Rohr on. Personnel decisions is not one of them!


See there you go misrepresenting facts again, 7 out of 12 games with an average of 60 minutes of play per game in the useless Bulgarian league with only ever playing the full 90 minutes once? Lets take out that 90 minute game and his average time falls to 54 minutes in the other 6 games. This is in the Bulgarian league of all places.

Now you are saying you watched them, on what channel is the Bulgarian league featured on? Or is it the 13 minutes of Europa Cup that you watched to draw your conclusion? Ejuke's games are watchable on ESPN+ in US and his stats show he plays at least 76 minutes per game, has better scoring stats 4 goals and 2 assists in a much better league. But in your eyes the difference is negligible since you phantomly saw this solomon play in obscure Bulgaria. Lets ignore the fact of how he ended up in Bulgaria having failed to impress in lower leagues in England as opposed to Ejuke who is on the ascendancy from Norway to Dutch first division. Abeg make we hear word, the bobo does not deserve a call up and you are not going to bamboozle us into believing he does. An LC does this and there is a huge stink up plain and simple.


So you now acknowledge he played more than 13mins this season?

I follow football all over the world, esp where Nigerians are concerned. I couldn't care less whether u believe I watched him or not.

Like I said, these players are on same level. Just b/c you happen to favor Ejuke doesn't change the facts of the matter...

And btw, CSKA Sofia is a higher level club than Heerenveen...


No you just clearly acknowledged that you didn't read what I wrote (typical naija man), so no point continuing this conversation...you are the one that mentioned his Europa league exploits as why he deserves a SE invite, until I showed that you knew not what you were talking about since he's only played 13 minutes in Europa...

And why you getting defensive, if you watched all their games wouldn't it be easy to say ohhh i saw it here :rotf: , so its clear you didn't and I'm not surprised. Hereenveen might be a slightly smaller club, however they play against bigger clubs in the Dutch league, much better competition than the Bulgarian league and Ejuke is getting significantly more PT with better productivity. Whether you like it or not his numbers are better simple and plain, you can't argue with facts.

maceo4 wrote:
Explain how this is anything like Aribo? You can’t just spew fallacies just to protect Rohr. This guy has played only one 90 minute game all season. Aribo has played 1,193 minutes already this season this guy 418 total and a whopping 13 of those in the Europa league you keep mentioning. He has one assist all season as a winger zero goals, Joe already has 4 goals 2 assists from CM.

So I ask again how is this anything like Aribo? And why do you keep mentioning Europa where he’s only played 13 minutes? So 13 minutes in Europa now equates to a SE invite to you? Ejuke has 688 minutes in Dutch league and 4 goals, but 13 minutes in Europa trumps that? The numbers are not on your side for this Kumbur invite abeg...



Here is what I said wrt the Europa:
Solomon's case is no different from Aribo's or any other sundry average and above average Nigerians playing in the Europa league.


Now how does that jive with your highlighted comment above re "EL exploits"?

You don't have to make up stuff or lie to get your point across...when you are down to counting how many minutes of the 90 he played through 7 of 12 games, then there is no point to this.

You can like Ejuke and favor his invite without tarnishing other invitations...


Of course there’s no point other than discourse, we don’t control jack we just watch and type, but doesn’t change the fact that Ejuke is more deserving of a call :taunt:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29809
txj wrote:
So you now acknowledge he played more than 13mins this season?

I follow football all over the world, esp where Nigerians are concerned. I couldn't care less whether u believe I watched him or not.

Like I said, these players are on same level. Just b/c you happen to favor Ejuke doesn't change the facts of the matter...

And btw, CSKA Sofia is a higher level club than Heerenveen...

Let's put this dude's numbers in sharper perspective...

SE 'reject' Stephen Eze plays in the same Bulgarian league for a club that seats in 3rd place a few points behind CSKA Sofia. Eze has thus far played EVERY minute for his club and (get this) has already scored THREE GOALS, PLAYING AS A CENTER-BACK (to Viv's 0 goals playing as a forward/winger)! Even granted that Eze plays in a different position, nonetheless when Omeruo crocked out, Eze (who is faring much better than Viv in the SAME league) was obviously not deemed SE quality and instead Omeruo was replaced with a RB who has not played a competitive first-team game in over a season!

Again, it's Rohr squad to call-up whomever he pleases, but abegi quit trying to recruit intelligent folks to indulge in any mass delusion of a uniformly-meritorious performance criteria.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38852
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Gotti wrote:
txj wrote:
So you now acknowledge he played more than 13mins this season?

I follow football all over the world, esp where Nigerians are concerned. I couldn't care less whether u believe I watched him or not.

Like I said, these players are on same level. Just b/c you happen to favor Ejuke doesn't change the facts of the matter...

And btw, CSKA Sofia is a higher level club than Heerenveen...

Let's put this dude's numbers in sharper perspective...

SE 'reject' Stephen Eze plays in the same Bulgarian league for a club that seats in 3rd place a few points behind CSKA Sofia. Eze has thus far played EVERY minute for his club and (get this) has already scored THREE GOALS, PLAYING AS A CENTER-BACK (to Viv's 0 goals playing as a forward/winger)! Even granted that Eze plays in a different position, nonetheless when Omeruo crocked out, Eze (who is faring much better than Viv in the SAME league) was obviously not deemed SE quality and instead Omeruo was replaced with a RB who has not played a competitive first-team game in over a season!

Again, it's Rohr squad to call-up whomever he pleases, but abegi quit trying to recruit intelligent folks to indulge in any mass delusion of a uniformly-meritorious performance criteria.


txj is on auto-response, he won't even read your carefully thought out retort... :boo: :boo:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 9425
What a thread? :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30088
Gotti wrote:
txj wrote:
So you now acknowledge he played more than 13mins this season?

I follow football all over the world, esp where Nigerians are concerned. I couldn't care less whether u believe I watched him or not.

Like I said, these players are on same level. Just b/c you happen to favor Ejuke doesn't change the facts of the matter...

And btw, CSKA Sofia is a higher level club than Heerenveen...

Let's put this dude's numbers in sharper perspective...

SE 'reject' Stephen Eze plays in the same Bulgarian league for a club that seats in 3rd place a few points behind CSKA Sofia. Eze has thus far played EVERY minute for his club and (get this) has already scored THREE GOALS, PLAYING AS A CENTER-BACK (to Viv's 0 goals playing as a forward/winger)! Even granted that Eze plays in a different position, nonetheless when Omeruo crocked out, Eze (who is faring much better than Viv in the SAME league) was obviously not deemed SE quality and instead Omeruo was replaced with a RB who has not played a competitive first-team game in over a season!

Again, it's Rohr squad to call-up whomever he pleases, but abegi quit trying to recruit intelligent folks to indulge in any mass delusion of a uniformly-meritorious performance criteria.


So I guess Eze, a center-back should've been called up in place of Solomon, a winger? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Oh dear.... :oops:

And the RB is Ebuehi, who is already a member of the squad.

For the record, I would like to see other CDs tried out as I'm personally doubtful of Omeruo's quality.

But for me it should be Ozonwafor, not Eze, his three goals notwithstanding...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 2812
Gotti wrote:
While, to be brutally honest, I do not think this dude is SE quality...
Philosophically, I have nothing against the coach inviting whatever players he wishes to.

Nonetheless, please let no one attempt to insult our collective intelligence (or even their own, by fooling themselves) that if this call-up was made by an indigenous coach that allegations of bribery and corruption, complete with advance lectures in Dropolgy, would not have been the order of the day, pretty much by those twisting themselves into human pretzels to rationalize this call-up.

GOOD LUCK to the Lad! He's been handed a rare opportunity to play himself into or out of the spotlight!


Unfortunately for Otabor his opportune cometh against the One of the current Best National Team with extremely talented and prolific players. Not a surprise many players are "suddenly " injured.
Fortune should have handed him a call against a lower tier team.
However high pressure creates Diamonds.

The Football World will be watching.
I expect our Super Eagles to make us Proud.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29809
txj wrote:
So I guess Eze, a center-back should've been called up in place of Solomon, a winger? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Oh dear.... :oops:

And the RB is Ebuehi, who is already a member of the squad.

For the record, I would like to see other CDs tried out as I'm personally doubtful of Omeruo's quality.

But for me it should be Ozonwafor, not Eze, his three goals notwithstanding...

Auto-response (thanks Mace) is one thing, but to so completely miss the point?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 82797
Location: Earth
Oh my mace has finished txj. End of discussion kai :rotf:

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:26 am
Posts: 9203
niyi wrote:
What a thread? :rotf: :rotf:

I’m telling you... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15


"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:26 am
Posts: 9203
maceo4 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
txj wrote:
So you now acknowledge he played more than 13mins this season?

I follow football all over the world, esp where Nigerians are concerned. I couldn't care less whether u believe I watched him or not.

Like I said, these players are on same level. Just b/c you happen to favor Ejuke doesn't change the facts of the matter...

And btw, CSKA Sofia is a higher level club than Heerenveen...

Let's put this dude's numbers in sharper perspective...

SE 'reject' Stephen Eze plays in the same Bulgarian league for a club that seats in 3rd place a few points behind CSKA Sofia. Eze has thus far played EVERY minute for his club and (get this) has already scored THREE GOALS, PLAYING AS A CENTER-BACK (to Viv's 0 goals playing as a forward/winger)! Even granted that Eze plays in a different position, nonetheless when Omeruo crocked out, Eze (who is faring much better than Viv in the SAME league) was obviously not deemed SE quality and instead Omeruo was replaced with a RB who has not played a competitive first-team game in over a season!

Again, it's Rohr squad to call-up whomever he pleases, but abegi quit trying to recruit intelligent folks to indulge in any mass delusion of a uniformly-meritorious performance criteria.


txj is on auto-response, he won't even read your carefully thought out retort... :boo: :boo:

Bros, u be winch? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15


"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:10 pm
Posts: 1633
Location: Stockholm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkuS8D_ozH0

Does Viv Efosa Solomon-Otabor Deserve His Super Eagles Call-Up ?

International breaks during football season may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it does spark arguments when national team managers name their squad.
For fans, pundits and critics, they all feel there are some players who do not deserve their place in the squad because there are better players.
France manager Didier Deschamps has come in for criticism for inviting Olivier Giroud despite his struggle for game time at Chelsea, while Germany manager Joachim Low is under pressure to drop Manuel Neuer for Ter Stegen from Die Mancshaft line up.
This happens with all national team managers including Super Eagles Gernot Rohr. The German tactician caused a stir when he announced Viv Efosa Solomon-Otabor as a replacement for the injured Samuel Kalu in the Super Eagles squad for the highly anticipated clash against Brazil on October 13th in Singapore.
Otabor’s invitation came as a surprise to many who felt there are better players who could have been called up to replace Kalu.
Who is Otabor?
The 22-year-old was born in England to Nigerian parents and currently plays for Bulgarian side CSKA Sofia. Before moving to Eastern Europe, Otabor played for English sides like Portsmouth, Bolton Wanderers and Birmingham City where he won the young best player award in 2016.
Although he is eligible for England, he opted to play for Nigeria in 2015 and was invited to train with the country’s football Olympic team in 2015.
So, is his invitation justified?
Absolutely not, especially when you consider there are players who have performed reasonably well than him in this current campaign. The 22-year-old has played ten times for CSKA Sofia this season but has only played for the whole 90 minutes once.
In those ten appearances, he has managed just a lone assist which is dire for a winger playing in a league like the Bulgarian topflight.
In contrast, the likes of Chidera Ejike and David Okereke who should have been the perfect replacement for Kalu have both delivered better performances in a more superior league.
Ejike has been one of the stars for Heerenveen in the Dutch Eredivisie this season, scoring four goals in nine appearances for De Superfriezen. He was named the club’s young player for the month of September and would have definitely been a better replacement for Kalu than Otabor.
David Okereke also is enjoying a fine campaign for Club Brugge where he has scored four goals in 10 league appearances for the Blauw-Zwart.
Okereke and Ejike have been two of the best Nigerian players playing in Europe this campaign, and the fact their performances were overlooked for someone who is struggling to find his feet in Bulgaria raises the question if he was forced on by Rohr.
It’s a common practice in Nigeria for player’s agents to lobby NFF officials for a national team call-up and that could have been the case with Otabor.
Given Rohr’s antecedent with selection, it could be argued that the former Birmingham player was not his choice to replace Kalu, but was forced on him by NFF officials.
And it’s a shame that at a time fans are starting to fall in love with the Super Eagles again due to the emergence of talents coming through and the work Rohr has done, football administrators in the country are trying to sabotage it.
Over the past few weeks, football administrators in the country have brought shame to the country with the way they have run the country’s football.
Among some of the embarrassments, the NFF has brought upon football in the country with their irresponsibility is the reinstating of disgraced former Super Eagles assistant manager, Salisu Yusuf.
The NPFL has been on a hiatus for over four months now and the kick-off for a new season does not have a particular date. Nigeria will not be represented in the football tournament for next year’s Olympics in both the female and male categories due to the incompetence and irresponsibility of Amaju Pinnick’s NFF led board.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3049
when the hate doesn't work they will result to Lies. The likes of okereke, ejuke and otabor all play for BACKWATER leagues and I don't see any huge upgrade in any of them. they're all at the same level which means our coach can call anyone of them at his discretion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:51 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 24863
Location: your girls place
john12 wrote:
when the hate doesn't work they will result to Lies. The likes of okereke, ejuke and otabor all play for BACKWATER leagues and I don't see any huge upgrade in any of them. they're all at the same level which means our coach can call anyone of them at his discretion



So Belgium and Dutch league that spits out World Class players daily is the same level as Bulgaria? You are clearly on some serious drugs.

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:17 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 4896
This smells like Pinnick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 30813
JACKAL wrote:
Again, not eagles material. He is tough and head strong.. comfortable with the ball at his feet, but he only has one gear and one move...will make a good 12th man for a club side who will come in in the 2nd half when the score is 0-0 to shake thinks up with his pace and grit. But definitely not eagles material.

I am still puzzled about why Sadiq Umar is not invited.


You are looking at the present. The future is important.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29809
Cristao II wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Again, not eagles material. He is tough and head strong.. comfortable with the ball at his feet, but he only has one gear and one move...will make a good 12th man for a club side who will come in in the 2nd half when the score is 0-0 to shake thinks up with his pace and grit. But definitely not eagles material.

I am still puzzled about why Sadiq Umar is not invited.

You are looking at the present. The future is important.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group