Which of these will be the first to hit world class?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Which of these will be the first to hit world class?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Francis Uzoho
[2] Tyronne Ebuehi
[3] William Ekong
[4] Wilfred Ndidi
[5] Joe Aribo
[6] Victor Osimhem
[7] Samuel Chukwueze
[8] Henry Onyekuru
[9] Samuel Kalu
[10] Kelechi Nwakali

I look forward to seeing a Nigerian player wining the African Footballer of the year and playing for a team like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester City, Juventus, Inter Milan, etc again. At the moment, it appears that the likes of Sallah, Mane, Aubameyang and Mahrez are way out of our league!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Re: Which of these will be the first to hit world class?

Post by naijaguy »

Remove Ndidi from that list.. Dude is already a world class..
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Nwakali again lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

I think based on potential I would say oshimen and and chukwueze - they both have a certain star quality about the way they approach games. Remains to be seen if they can step up one more level
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:Nwakali again lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Nwakali is to Ayo what 'Maduabuchi' was to Ohenhen1...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Nwakali again lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Nwakali is to Ayo what 'Maduabuchi' was to Ohenhen1...
:lol: :lol: I think Ayo already had his own Maduabuchi. That right back, Friday Onyekwu(?). Not sure if thats his last name though...cant remember.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

naijaguy wrote:Remove Ndidi from that list.. Dude is already a world class..
... and that's what thought
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1, Oshimen
2, chukwu
3, Collins ( e go do u like fim trick)
4 Onyekuru
5, Onuachu ( yes...him)

Nwakali will be a world class reject the way he's goin. Huesca has declared him missing. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Francis Uzoho
[2] Tyronne Ebuehi
[3] William Ekong
[4] Wilfred Ndidi
[5] Joe Aribo
[6] Victor Osimhem
[7] Samuel Chukwueze
[8] Henry Onyekuru
[9] Samuel Kalu
[10] Kelechi Nwakali

I look forward to seeing a Nigerian player wining the African Footballer of the year and playing for a team like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester City, Juventus, Inter Milan, etc again. At the moment, it appears that the likes of Sallah, Mane, Aubameyang and Mahrez are way out of our league!

Bro you mean whom of these....
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I was going to comment, then I saw the last name on the list and concluded the poster is a joker.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Form is temporary, class is permanent. It is easy to see those with star quality. As soon as we watched the likes of Okocha, Kanu and Mikel once, we knew we had gems on our hands.

One person I have high hopes for is Semi Ajayi. He is very comfortable on the ball as he brings it out of defence and is great in the air. Let us see how he develops sha.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Form is temporary, class is permanent. It is easy to see those with star quality. As soon as we watched the likes of Okocha, Kanu and Mikel once, we knew we had gems on our hands.

One person I have high hopes for is Semi Ajayi. He is very comfortable on the ball as he brings it out of defence and is great in the air. Let us see how he develops sha.
I agree, but he needs to improve his actual defending. But I was very encouraged by his passing in the Ukraine friendly, crisp and comfortable with the ball at his feet. But he and Ekong were so static they were getting easily beat by simple runs behind them.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Osimhen and Chukwueze will hit the great heights.
Their natural talent cannot be denied.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Ndidi is world class. As in, he can walk into any club in the world and deserve to start. Any.

Of the rest on your list, all I can say is that I have been impressed by:

Ebuehi, Osimhen and Chukwueze.... Of course you know that a lot of things can still go wrong on their path to that status.

Ebuehi: If he can fully recover, and get a club manager who believes in him and gives him a chance, sky's the limit. He has raw material in spades

Osimhen: Will say it again. The most Yekini-like Nigerian striker I have seen since Yekini. His stats speak for him

Ckukwueze: I'd say of the 3, I'm more uncertain about Samu. The talent is there, but I'm not so sure he can easily add the parts of his game that differentiate 'talented' from 'world class'. That being said, there are a lot of top/used-to-be-great teams that would get a new lease of life if they signed this kid. Man U should sign him immediately imo. They won't regret it. I'd put Iwobi in the same category as Samu. They're almost there, but need a little bit more to be truly great. But that little bit is quite a bit....
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

is Ndidi really as good as guys claim? how come pundits dont rate him as the best in Europe? google top 10 DM in the world and ndidi name isn't mentioned. Personally, I like ndid for his defensive and ball winning attributes but his passing, and offensive attributes are there for the taking. Basically, if you want to be the best at your position, you need to add some other qualities than your Duty. Aka Veira, Essien(prime) Keane (prime) also, Maybe pundits are just underrating him sha
Last edited by john12 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

john12 wrote:is Ndidi really as good as guys claim? how come pundits dont rate him as the best in Europe? google top 10 DM in the world and ndidi name isn't mentioned
He already makes the Premier League 10 ten.( more to be added after research)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... r-13812928
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
john12 wrote:is Ndidi really as good as guys claim? how come pundits dont rate him as the best in Europe? google top 10 DM in the world and ndidi name isn't mentioned

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:

John12 can be annoying, but he did say Europe though not just EPL, even with that quite a few are rated higher from Kante, Toreirra, Winaljdum, Fernandihno, Neves etc...He's definitely a top DM, that cannot be disputed, but is not currently in the cream of the crop world wide...hopefully he gets there he has time on his side...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Form is temporary, class is permanent. It is easy to see those with star quality. As soon as we watched the likes of Okocha, Kanu and Mikel once, we knew we had gems on our hands.

I agree, but he needs to improve his actual defending. But I was very encouraged by his passing in the Ukraine friendly, crisp and comfortable with the ball at his feet. But he and Ekong were so static they were getting easily beat by simple runs behind them.
Good observation, Ajayi and Ekong don't seem to complement each other as balls were played between them against Ukraine and Uzoho had to get out of his lines to smother the attack, one of such, resulted in the controversial equaliser. I think Awaziem will get the nod against Brazil.
Ajayi is 25 and needs to move to the EPL next season. I watched Leeds v WBA, shortly after the UCL match between Real Madrid and FC Brugges, and the drop in quality was obvious, considering Leeds and WBA are 2 of the traditionally big teams in England and were the 2 top teams in the championship, I expected a higher level of football.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
John12 can be annoying, but he did say Europe though not just EPL, even with that quite a few are rated higher from Kante, Toreirra, Winaljdum, Fernandihno, Neves etc...He's definitely a top DM, that cannot be disputed, but is not currently in the cream of the crop world wide...hopefully he gets there he has time on his side...
I had to laugh. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wijnauldum is not even a DM and even if he was, he is not on Ndidi's level.
Fernandinho is in retirement home and City had to replace him quickly
Toreirra is struggling to get into an Arsenal team that Ndidi will twerk into
Neves :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Please, dont make me laugh
Jorginho who was named as one of the worst signing in the league last season? :rotf: :rotf:
And then they put their child, Declan Rice! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ewele weyyy ooooo! :rotf: :rotf:

I try not to speak about my PERSONAL opinion, thats why I always use these words: 'STATISTICALLY, Ndidi has been the best defensive midfielder in the EPL for 2 seasons, straight!" I use those words because those words are actually indisputable! You cant say its a lie, because it is fact.

My personal opinion is that in the EPL, the only DM that can even compete on Ndidi's level is Kante. And this is coming from me, who has been a huge fan of Fabinho for years.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

once again, with all due respect, how come do epl and worldwide pundits don't feel similar about him? statistically, he has the best "ball winning" percentage in The EPL but overall as a DM, he isn't ranked as Top 5 in EPL or top 10 in Europe by Foreign journalists/pundits. to me, when rating a player, you have to consider all facts and like I said, Ndidi is very good at "winning balls" but his offensive abilities/passing are limited and even his long range abilities has diminished. to be fair to you guys sha, Foreign pundits will always rate their own higher than a Nigerian and maybe that's why Ndidi isn't ranked as the top 5 DM in EPL or top 10 in the World like some of you guys claim.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

john12 wrote:once again, with all due respect, how come do epl and worldwide pundits don't feel similar about him? statistically, he has the best "ball winning" percentage in The EPL but overall as a DM, he isn't ranked as Top 5 in EPL or top 10 in Europe by Foreign journalists/pundits. to me, when rating a player, you have to consider all facts and like I said, Ndidi is very good at "winning balls" but his offensive abilities/passing are limited and even his long range abilities has diminished. to be fair to you guys sha, Foreign pundits will always rate their own higher than a Nigerian and maybe that's why Ndidi isn't ranked as the top 5 DM in EPL or top 10 in the World like some of you guys claim.

Your so called pundits are idiots. Show me 2 DMs in the EPL that YOU honestly say are better than Ndidi. Forget pundits. YOU
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet