Last Time We Played Brazil

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

KIZONZO
Egg
Egg
Last Time We Played Brazil

Post by KIZONZO »

The lineup was:
Nigeria - Vincent Enyeama, Joseph Enakhire, Ifeanyi Udeze, Ikpe Ekong, Issac Okoronkwo, Romanus Orjinta, Austin Okocha, John Utaka, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Nwankwo Kanu, Garba Lawal.

Brazil - Dida, Beletti, Lucio, Juan, Kleber, Ricardinho, Kleberson, Emerson, Ronaldinho, Gil, Luis Fabiano.

This time around, I am not comfortable with the way players are pulling out. However, I think we can do better than that 2003 game. What are your thoughts?
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg
Re: Last Time We Played Brazil

Post by KIZONZO »

Full-time: Nigeria 0-3 Brazil

93 min: Corner to Brazil - A chip puts Gilberto through but Okronkwo makes saving tackle. Brazil make little use of the resultant kick.

89 min: Okocha has been the man of the match for Nigeria. His chip goes to substitute Nworgu, who shoots from close range, which is saved by Dida's face. Adriano solo turn and burst is saved at his feet by Enyeama.

83 min: GOAL! Ricardinho pass frees the the overlapping Kleber who gives a low cross which is not held by the goalkeeper and striker Adriano lashes it in with his right foot.

78 min: Okocha passes to Lawal, who unleashes a fierce shot into the side netting.

77 min: Brazil's third substitution - Beletti goes off for Eduardo Costa, while Nigeria's Seyi Olofinjana comes on for Ikpe Ekong.

75 min: Long range chip by Okocha goes over the defence and is chested down by Kanu who is crowded out by Juan and Dida.

74 min: Dangerous chip by Okocha makes contact with Juan, who denies Obodo and the ball runs through to Dida.

73 min: Brazil makes double substitution - Midfielder Adriano for Gil and Striker Adriano for Luis Fabiano.

70 min: Okocha dribble and makes crossfield pass to Utaka who unleashes a spectacular shot which goes wide of Dida's post.

67 min: Ricardinho plays a pass to Fabiano down the left flank but Okoronkwo puts it into touch for a corner, which is cleared.

66 min: Okocha's 30 metre shot goes just wide of Dida's left post.

65 min: Udeze fouls Ronaldinho 25 metres out. Ronaldinho takes free kick and it goes over the bar.

64 min: Ikong gets yellow card for a sliding foul on Ronaldinho.

63 min: Obodo robs Lucio and races towards the Brazilian goal but Lucio recovers in time to block him. Obodo passes to Okocha who tries to split Brazil's defence with a pass which Kanu fails to control.

58 min: Udeze passes to Lawal, who crosses in the Brazilian box but no Nigerian is at the end of it.

57 min: Ronaldinho dribbles Udeze, chips over Enyeama but Okoronkwo does a great job to clear the ball off the Nigerian line.

53 min: Dangerous low cross by Kleberson but Okronkwo sends it over the line for a corner kick. Corner is cleared and falls for Ronaldinho who crosses beyond the far post where Gil heads back for Emerson. His volley goes near the left post.

51 min: Excellent diagonal pass from Okocha goes to Utaka who gets in front of the defender but kicks the ball too in front of himself and it goes to Dida.

50 min: Lucio passes to Fabiano but Okoronkwo averts danger.

49 min: Okocha pass free's Nigeria right back and his cross is headed away by Lucio.

47 min: Chris Obodo comes in for Aiyegbeni but Brazil make no changes.

Half-time: Nigeria 0-2 Brazil. The Super Eagles had most of the game for the first half hour but Brazil are in the lead due to their skilful use of the flanks. Nigeria is finding it hard to mark Brazil's overlapping full-backs.

46 min: Kanu get free kick near the corner flag. Okocha cross headed away by Lucio. Udeze gets to the left byline and a looping cross is cleared. Kanu gets to the ball but his cross is cleared by Kleberson.

44 min: The heart seems to out of the Nigerian team, as Brazil hold on thier two goal lead.

38 min: GOAL! Ronaldinho passes to the overlapping Beletti, who crosses to the far post over the goalkeeper for a close range header by Luis Fabiano, who does not miss.

37 min: Long mazy dribble by Utaka, goes past two opponents but his shot harmlessly goes across the face of the goal.

34 min: GOAL! A pass by Ricardinho behind the Nigerian right back sets up Gil on the left channel, who runs in and slips a left foot finish past Enyeama.

29 min: Ikong wins free kick near the corner flag. Okocha crosses but is headed clear. It fall to Udeze who makes a dangerous burst and a low cross is cleared. Nigeria immediately play it back in for Kanu, who beats Juan, gets to the byline and pulls another cross for Dida

27 min: Brazil triangle down the right ends with Gil heading towards the byline and just fails to keep the ball in play.

24 min: Kanu wins a free kick 30 metres away from goal. Orjinta's shot goes left of Dida's left post.

20 min: Cross by Utaka on the right. Lawal knocks down for Kanu, who shoots wide from the edge of the goal area.

19 min: Ronaldinho chips to Kleberson on the right. Saving tackle by Orjinta results in corner. Ronaldinho takes corner but is headed clear.

18 min: Nigeria takes a corner from the right. Kanu gets a header but a foul is given against Nigeria for pushing.

15 min: Beletti crosses from deep but it is comfortably held by Enyeama.

13 min: Yakubu Aiyegbeni goes past Juan with a burst of pace but Lucio makes covering tackle.

10 min: Kleberson pass frees Fabiano but Okoronkwo slides ball to concede a corner for Nigeria - Brazil's second of the game.

5 min: Okocha dribbles and makes a pass to Kanu but he is checked by Lucio.

4 min: Kanu's attempt to shoot was stopped.

3 min: Ronaldinho gets a pass from Fabiano but Okoronkwo makes a saving tackle.

1 min: Brazil's Ricardinho takes dangerous free kick but it is caught by Nigeria's Enyeama.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Maybe in playstation..with **** forget about it, we are going to learn
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Maybe in playstation..with **** forget about it, we are going to learn

My brother, I am tired of learning all the time. When is our coach going to implement the things they have learned over the last few years?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

KIZONZO wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Maybe in playstation..with **** forget about it, we are going to learn

My brother, I am tired of learning all the time. When is our coach going to implement the things they have learned over the last few years?
The Rohrbots and their leader damunk will attack you ooooo, and claim emotions
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Why are you always negative blah blah blah....why can't you be positive like danfo and tell us how we are going to spell BRAZIL..abi we are Naija we don't bow to nobody :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Why are you always negative blah blah blah....why can't you be positive like danfo and tell us how we are going to spell BRAZIL..abi we are Naija we don't bow to nobody :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Such post like these aren't original and won't work....dude it's a friendly. Senegal plays 7am bigpokey's time Thursday. Are u in LA?
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Such post like these aren't original and won't work....dude it's a friendly. Senegal plays 7am bigpokey's time Thursday. Are u in LA?
:rotf: nah man I’m in Arlington TX for the week.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Becos unlike DD he is more obsessed with Rohr failing that the SE succeeding...and too dumb to make the link. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

KIZONZO wrote:Full-time: Nigeria 0-3 Brazil

93 min: Corner to Brazil - A chip puts Gilberto through but Okronkwo makes saving tackle. Brazil make little use of the resultant kick.

89 min: Okocha has been the man of the match for Nigeria. His chip goes to substitute Nworgu, who shoots from close range, which is saved by Dida's face. Adriano solo turn and burst is saved at his feet by Enyeama.

83 min: GOAL! Ricardinho pass frees the the overlapping Kleber who gives a low cross which is not held by the goalkeeper and striker Adriano lashes it in with his right foot.

78 min: Okocha passes to Lawal, who unleashes a fierce shot into the side netting.

77 min: Brazil's third substitution - Beletti goes off for Eduardo Costa, while Nigeria's Seyi Olofinjana comes on for Ikpe Ekong.

75 min: Long range chip by Okocha goes over the defence and is chested down by Kanu who is crowded out by Juan and Dida.

74 min: Dangerous chip by Okocha makes contact with Juan, who denies Obodo and the ball runs through to Dida.

73 min: Brazil makes double substitution - Midfielder Adriano for Gil and Striker Adriano for Luis Fabiano.

70 min: Okocha dribble and makes crossfield pass to Utaka who unleashes a spectacular shot which goes wide of Dida's post.

67 min: Ricardinho plays a pass to Fabiano down the left flank but Okoronkwo puts it into touch for a corner, which is cleared.

66 min: Okocha's 30 metre shot goes just wide of Dida's left post.

65 min: Udeze fouls Ronaldinho 25 metres out. Ronaldinho takes free kick and it goes over the bar.

64 min: Ikong gets yellow card for a sliding foul on Ronaldinho.

63 min: Obodo robs Lucio and races towards the Brazilian goal but Lucio recovers in time to block him. Obodo passes to Okocha who tries to split Brazil's defence with a pass which Kanu fails to control.

58 min: Udeze passes to Lawal, who crosses in the Brazilian box but no Nigerian is at the end of it.

57 min: Ronaldinho dribbles Udeze, chips over Enyeama but Okoronkwo does a great job to clear the ball off the Nigerian line.

53 min: Dangerous low cross by Kleberson but Okronkwo sends it over the line for a corner kick. Corner is cleared and falls for Ronaldinho who crosses beyond the far post where Gil heads back for Emerson. His volley goes near the left post.

51 min: Excellent diagonal pass from Okocha goes to Utaka who gets in front of the defender but kicks the ball too in front of himself and it goes to Dida.

50 min: Lucio passes to Fabiano but Okoronkwo averts danger.

49 min: Okocha pass free's Nigeria right back and his cross is headed away by Lucio.

47 min: Chris Obodo comes in for Aiyegbeni but Brazil make no changes.

Half-time: Nigeria 0-2 Brazil. The Super Eagles had most of the game for the first half hour but Brazil are in the lead due to their skilful use of the flanks. Nigeria is finding it hard to mark Brazil's overlapping full-backs.

46 min: Kanu get free kick near the corner flag. Okocha cross headed away by Lucio. Udeze gets to the left byline and a looping cross is cleared. Kanu gets to the ball but his cross is cleared by Kleberson.

44 min: The heart seems to out of the Nigerian team, as Brazil hold on thier two goal lead.

38 min: GOAL! Ronaldinho passes to the overlapping Beletti, who crosses to the far post over the goalkeeper for a close range header by Luis Fabiano, who does not miss.

37 min: Long mazy dribble by Utaka, goes past two opponents but his shot harmlessly goes across the face of the goal.

34 min: GOAL! A pass by Ricardinho behind the Nigerian right back sets up Gil on the left channel, who runs in and slips a left foot finish past Enyeama.

29 min: Ikong wins free kick near the corner flag. Okocha crosses but is headed clear. It fall to Udeze who makes a dangerous burst and a low cross is cleared. Nigeria immediately play it back in for Kanu, who beats Juan, gets to the byline and pulls another cross for Dida

27 min: Brazil triangle down the right ends with Gil heading towards the byline and just fails to keep the ball in play.

24 min: Kanu wins a free kick 30 metres away from goal. Orjinta's shot goes left of Dida's left post.

20 min: Cross by Utaka on the right. Lawal knocks down for Kanu, who shoots wide from the edge of the goal area.

19 min: Ronaldinho chips to Kleberson on the right. Saving tackle by Orjinta results in corner. Ronaldinho takes corner but is headed clear.

18 min: Nigeria takes a corner from the right. Kanu gets a header but a foul is given against Nigeria for pushing.

15 min: Beletti crosses from deep but it is comfortably held by Enyeama.

13 min: Yakubu Aiyegbeni goes past Juan with a burst of pace but Lucio makes covering tackle.

10 min: Kleberson pass frees Fabiano but Okoronkwo slides ball to concede a corner for Nigeria - Brazil's second of the game.

5 min: Okocha dribbles and makes a pass to Kanu but he is checked by Lucio.

4 min: Kanu's attempt to shoot was stopped.

3 min: Ronaldinho gets a pass from Fabiano but Okoronkwo makes a saving tackle.

1 min: Brazil's Ricardinho takes dangerous free kick but it is caught by Nigeria's Enyeama.
Isaac Okoronkwo, one of the most underrated CBs to play for the SE, top top player. If Yobo was fit for the match, the outcome would have been different. Okoronkwo was paired with the ineffective Romanus Orjinta, and he did a woman's job curbing the incursions of the world champions.
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I remember this match, organised by a friend. He nearly died from exhaustion and lost about $300k from hosting the match.

I also remember representatives of a certain German club who were in the stadium to watch a certain player who should not have been on the pitch but it was all arranged to smoothen his potential transfer. Lol
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Lolly wrote:I remember this match, organised by a friend. He nearly died from exhaustion and lost about $300k from hosting the match.

I also remember representatives of a certain German club who were in the stadium to watch a certain player who should not have been on the pitch but it was all arranged to smoothen his potential transfer. Lol
I was at the stadium that day. There crowd was sparse and there were more people outside the stadium because of the high ticket prices . I'm not surprised the organisers lost money. Also a lot of fans came to the stadium hoping to buy tickets at the gates only to find out they were being sold at designated outlets like supermarkets.
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote:
Lolly wrote:I remember this match, organised by a friend. He nearly died from exhaustion and lost about $300k from hosting the match.

I was at the stadium that day. There crowd was sparse and there were more people outside the stadium because of the high ticket prices . I'm not surprised the organisers lost money. Also a lot of fans came to the stadium hoping to buy tickets at the gates only to find out they were being sold at designated outlets like supermarkets.
Wow. Strange they didn't cater for fans buying tickets at the venue.

The same guy had experience of organising matches in the UK - Nigeria v Jamaica, Nigeria v Ireland, Jamaica v Ghana etc. But the Abuja match was something else.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

KIZONZO wrote:The lineup was:
Nigeria - Vincent Enyeama, Joseph Enakhire, Ifeanyi Udeze, Ikpe Ekong, Issac Okoronkwo, Romanus Orjinta, Austin Okocha, John Utaka, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Nwankwo Kanu, Garba Lawal.

Brazil - Dida, Beletti, Lucio, Juan, Kleber, Ricardinho, Kleberson, Emerson, Ronaldinho, Gil, Luis Fabiano.

This time around, I am not comfortable with the way players are pulling out. However, I think we can do better than that 2003 game. What are your thoughts?

Was this not the game that some people stayed in their house and heard Zagallo whisper to Okocha on TV that he wished he were Brazillian?

:mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry:

:mad: :mad:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

1naija wrote:

Was this not the game that some people stayed in their house and heard Zagallo whisper to Okocha on TV that he wished he were Brazillian?

You too like trouble. Let the retired legend enjoy. To be honest, Jay Jay was marvelous in this match!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

One man show! Wow we could actually do patient build ups and not just absorb pressure and do a counter.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:
BP is on point. Unfortunately we are still in learning mode. It is what it is. :lol:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

gochino wrote:One man show! Wow we could actually do patient build ups and not just absorb pressure and do a counter.
That's why we lost 3 - 0. If he played that under Rohr he would have been pulled. The national team is not where you go an play for a new contract by hugging the ball when a simple pass would have sufficed!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
BP is on point. Unfortunately we are still in learning mode. It is what it is. :lol:
Oh now it’s not negativity when it’s your buddy saying ‘negative’ things about SE like he did all through out the ANC wishing our team was out in every round of the tournament...I see
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Oh now it’s not negativity when it’s your buddy saying ‘negative’ things about SE like he did all through out the ANC wishing our team was out in every round of the tournament...I see
not once, have i ever wished my SE to be eliminated from any tournament . Please stop with the false narrative..Mace everyone knows you are wrong here, you cannot just come here making stuff up..your credibility is one of the lowest on this forum and you are known to have huge negative vibes especially towards SE players. It's the truth, if you doubt me, click on your profile and read your last 10 posts
SuperEagles

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

1naija wrote:

Yep, indeed the great Zagallo ran onto the pitch like a little boy to exchange jerseys with OGA JJ.

https://allafrica.com/stories/200306130642.html
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Bigpokey24 wrote:[/video]
Only men in the group of extraordinary men saw and appreciated the beauty of OGA's play. Like Pele (who saw only Okocha and Zizou as the only outstanding players in France 98), Platini (who would not have minded cutting off one of his arms to get okocha into his team if he had one), Mario Zagalo (World Cup winning coach who took Okocha’s jersey after the friendly match).
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS