IN CONTEXT NFF IS PROBABLY THE BEST RUN NIGERIAN INSTITUTION

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IN CONTEXT NFF IS PROBABLY THE BEST RUN NIGERIAN INSTITU

Post by jette1 »

kalani JR wrote:NFF doesn't even pay their coaches.
you are allowed to not understand the thread heading; English and French dont mix well
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

jette1 wrote:
you are allowed to not understand the thread heading; English and French dont mix well
There is no context where they are the best run institution.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

kalani JR wrote:
jette1 wrote:
There is no context where they are the best run institution.
explain

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:
Gotti wrote: Perhaps they should have been recording history then... :lol:
But again, busy chasing shiny-shiny shadows in derogation of the SUBSTANCE of the post.

Dude, you never asked in your post for better run organizations, so what are you carrying on about? That is like saying because nobody posted a list of the world’s (or even Nigeria’s) best defenders, that would imply that Yobo would be the best (LMAO!). Anyway, there are dozens of organizations that are much better run than the NFF (where much has not changed since the days Mister Dolly described it as the Old Newspaper House where the eating of boli and groundnuts is the principal preoccupation), starting with the world-class Sovereign Investment Authority. Nonetheless, I wouldn’t even bother because some of you folks would soon be distracted again with a picture of Pinnick taking groupie selfies in Singapore. Trinkets and gin! SMDH
The thread clearly states the NFF is the best run Nigerian institution, and specifically game examples of some of those institutions. You on the other hand, are saying there are many better run institutions in Nigeria without naming even 1. Abeg name one institution that is better so the rest of us can know. We are waiting.
Am I really supposed to continue this discussion with a dude who doesn't know what the NSIA is? :lol:
Last edited by Gotti on Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:Then: slave "mind" weaponized for usage against fellow slaves perhaps to usurp a leadership position - (I'm a more informed slave than you) We have seen this before already bro
What are you babbling about? :blink:

You may well be a real slave ('informed' is a matter of opinion, but certainly not a universal one tbbh), but please do not rope the rest of us in. Nonetheless, my point remains that many of you are 'slaves' to ephemeral bling. The SE coach Rohr is reportedly being owed several months of wages, our national teams over the last few years on more than one occasion have had to protest at INTERNATIONAL tournaments over allowances and welfare (the last one being the Falcons reportedly refusing to vacate the team hotel until they have been paid owed allowances), the Falcons had to go on a street protests through the streets of Abuja after WINNING the 2017 AWCON for delinquent allowances and bonuses. In fact, the same Falcons went through an entire calendar year without a friendly (sans one hastitly-assembled international humiliation), but BRAZIL (not the NFF, mind you) organizes and invites us to a friendly, and suddenly the NFF is the "best-run" organization in Nigeria.

You may be a slave to low standards and expectations, but please pass most of us with that BS! SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

*In my best Jette 1 voice* Here's yet more evidence that the NFF is well-run... :lol:
Bigpokey24 wrote:https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50006676
Thomas Dennerby has resigned as coach of Nigeria's women's team despite having a year left on his contract.

The 60-year-old Swede excused himself from the Super Falcons' last two games due to a dispute with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

He also refused to show up for a reconciliation meeting arranged by the country's sports minister Sunday Dare.

BBC Sport understands that in his resignation letter, Dennerby, whose deal was due to run until the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, cited unfulfilled contractual obligations including unpaid wages and a lack of both co-operation and accommodation in the country.

"Mr Dennerby has sent his resignation letter to the NFF and this doesn't surprise anyone because he decided to stay away from the team last month," a top NFF official told BBC Sport.

"He says he has now left everything with his lawyers and the NFF will make a statement at the right time."

Under Dennerby the Super Falcons reached the last 16 of this year's World Cup in France and won last year's Women's Africa Cup of Nations.

In his absence, and under the guidance of caretaker manager Christopher Danjuma, the African champions suffered a shock exit from the 2020 Olympic qualifying.

Appointed in January 2018 as a replacement for Florence Omagbemi, Dennerby also led the side to their maiden regional (Wafu) title in May as part of the build up to the World Cup.

The first foreign coach to both qualify for and lead Nigeria at the World Cup, his team's run in France was the country's best performance in two decades - after their quarter-final finish in 1999.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:Then: slave "mind" weaponized for usage against fellow slaves perhaps to usurp a leadership position - (I'm a more informed slave than you) We have seen this before already bro
What are you babbling about? :blink:

You may well be a real slave ('informed' is a matter of opinion, but certainly not a universal one tbbh), but please do not rope the rest of us in. Nonetheless, my point remains that many of you are 'slaves' to ephemeral bling. The SE coach Rohr is reportedly being owed several months of wages, our national teams over the last few years on more than one occasion have had to protest at INTERNATIONAL tournaments over allowances and welfare (the last one being the Falcons reportedly refusing to vacate the team hotel until they have been paid owed allowances), the Falcons had to go on a street protests through the streets of Abuja after WINNING the 2017 AWCON for delinquent allowances and bonuses. In fact, the same Falcons went through an entire calendar year without a friendly (sans one hastitly-assembled international humiliation), but BRAZIL (not the NFF, mind you) organizes and invites us to a friendly, and suddenly the NFF is the "best-run" organization in Nigeria.

You may be a slave to low standards and expectations, but please pass most of us with that BS! SMH
Still in your quest to usurp leadership of your plantation (you exhibit all the characteristics) you conveniently missed the contextual theory of the thread and yet to name any better run agency as contributors have requested you to do, and pls where did the original thread make reference to Brazil friendly? . ok carry on!!.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Gotti wrote:
1naija wrote:
Gotti wrote: Perhaps they should have been recording history then... :lol:
But again, busy chasing shiny-shiny shadows in derogation of the SUBSTANCE of the post.

Dude, you never asked in your post for better run organizations, so what are you carrying on about? That is like saying because nobody posted a list of the world’s (or even Nigeria’s) best defenders, that would imply that Yobo would be the best (LMAO!). Anyway, there are dozens of organizations that are much better run than the NFF (where much has not changed since the days Mister Dolly described it as the Old Newspaper House where the eating of boli and groundnuts is the principal preoccupation), starting with the world-class Sovereign Investment Authority. Nonetheless, I wouldn’t even bother because some of you folks would soon be distracted again with a picture of Pinnick taking groupie selfies in Singapore. Trinkets and gin! SMDH
The thread clearly states the NFF is the best run Nigerian institution, and specifically game examples of some of those institutions. You on the other hand, are saying there are many better run institutions in Nigeria without naming even 1. Abeg name one institution that is better so the rest of us can know. We are waiting.
Am I really supposed to continue this discussion with a dude who doesn't know what the NSIA is? :lol:
Yes, so you can tell us how they are a better run institution than the NFF. They are supposed to invest in our infrastructure to stimulate the economy. Such a great job they've done.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:rotf:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king,Nigerian standards are not that high!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:Yes, so you can tell us how they are a better run institution than the NFF. They are supposed to invest in our infrastructure to stimulate the economy. Such a great job they've done.
Glad Google worked for you... :lol:

But of course you apparently succeed in getting an ephemeral grasp of the NSIA. The NSIA’s Infrastructure Fund is merely one of its several functions, but on just that aspect they are currently financing the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway that has been comatose for years and the Second Niger Bridge that has been on the drawing board for 20+ years (heck, since the end of the Civil War)!

Anyway, I understand your confusion. Long-term critical infrastructure is not one of those things you can confuse gullible folks with by taking groupie selfies at the Emirates Stadium.
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king,Nigerian standards are not that high!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And some expect the rest of us to lower our standards... SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:Still in your quest to usurp leadership of your plantation (you exhibit all the characteristics) you conveniently missed the contextual theory of the thread and yet to name any better run agency as contributors have requested you to do, and pls where did the original thread make reference to Brazil friendly? . ok carry on!!.
Dude, quit driveling long enough to join you friend and Google the NSIA...
I could literally name dozens but frankly prefer not to waste energy on obdurate ‘slaves’. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The Eagle wrote:The Nigerian Football Federation isn't even the best-run sports administrative body. Thanks to them, Nigerian football always adds up to less than the sum of its parts, whether we are talking club or national team, male or female.

The Nigerian Paralympic Committee makes the country proud, despite lacking the structural, social and financial advantages football has (inclusive of the obsessive interest the Ministry of Sports has in football). And while I don't follow basketball, it seems to me that the federation managing that sport has got the male and female national teams punching in a higher weight category than one would expect, again without the structural, societal and financial advantages that the NFF routinely squanders.

PS: Frankly, if you are looking for well-run Nigerian institutions, you have to look at the smaller institutions with less money, less power, a comparatively small staff and managerial cadre, and less political interference. The larger and more federation-spanning anything is, the more intentionally dysfunctional it is.
Abegi tell them...

Their drivel is akin to saying a school is well-run when principals are resigning, teachers are unpaid, students are failing, and are regularly on the streets protesting.

Even the Wrestling Federation, run on a shoestring budget without significant governmental funding or backing, or corporate sponsorships or support, has being doing well getting into tournaments across the world, winning championships and garnering multiple medals, sponsoring male and female wrestlers, successfully hosting the African championships, qualifying wrestlers for the Olympics, even helping some wrestlers get scholarships, among other things.
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Gotti wrote:
The Eagle wrote:The Nigerian Football Federation isn't even the best-run sports administrative body. Thanks to them, Nigerian football always adds up to less than the sum of its parts, whether we are talking club or national team, male or female.

The Nigerian Paralympic Committee makes the country proud, despite lacking the structural, social and financial advantages football has (inclusive of the obsessive interest the Ministry of Sports has in football). And while I don't follow basketball, it seems to me that the federation managing that sport has got the male and female national teams punching in a higher weight category than one would expect, again without the structural, societal and financial advantages that the NFF routinely squanders.

PS: Frankly, if you are looking for well-run Nigerian institutions, you have to look at the smaller institutions with less money, less power, a comparatively small staff and managerial cadre, and less political interference. The larger and more federation-spanning anything is, the more intentionally dysfunctional it is.
Abegi tell them...

Their drivel is akin to saying a school is well-run when principals are resigning, teachers are unpaid, students are failing, and are regularly on the streets protesting.

Even the Wrestling Federation, run on a shoestring budget without significant governmental funding or backing, or corporate sponsorships or support, has being doing well getting into tournaments across the world, winning championships and garnering multiple medals, sponsoring male and female wrestlers, successfully hosting the African championships, qualifying wrestlers for the Olympics, even helping some wrestlers get scholarships, among other things.
>
Please add the Nigerian Cricket Federation to your list as well.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Gotti wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And some expect the rest of us to lower our standards... SMH
:rotf: That’ll will be too low!
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

fabio wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Abegi tell them...

>
Please add the Nigerian Cricket Federation to your list as well.
I am hugely impressed by the fact that they exist at all. :)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria sovereign wealth fund. Nigeria liquidatied Gas

Nigeria Air Force is professional, well run.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria sovereign wealth fund. Nigeria liquidatied Gas

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

kalani JR wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria sovereign wealth fund. Nigeria liquidatied Gas

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

kalani JR wrote:Image
Abegi what sort BS is this CRAP!?
Interesting how it’s without source or context, so we can see who pulled this out of their sphincter. :lol:

Nonetheless, looking at the April 2019, it’s probably the misleading NRGI rating that mistook the Excess Crude Account for Nigeria’s SWF (see below). Sadly, this is the sort sort of useless parachute analysis that the gullible cram-and-regurgitate in the well worn colonialized “repeat after me” system of training locals. SMH

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

And just for the record, the global Sovereign Wealth Institute ranks Nigeria in the second-highest category among global SWFs in its Linaburg-Maduell Index (only African SWF so highly ranked), alongside wealth funds in the US, France, South Korea, Brazil and the UAE, while the new Africa SWF Index has ranked Nigeria tops among African SWFs in its 2018 and 2019 rankings.

https://www.swfinstitute.org/research/l ... ency-index
http://www.konfidants.com/wp-content/up ... idants.pdf
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL