EAGLETS: 25 FOR FINAL PRE-WC CAMP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EAGLETS: 25 FOR FINAL PRE-WC CAMP

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Gotti wrote:From NFF Twitter page...
garba is better of speaking broken or Hausa we go understand am better now, no be by force. but yea those Brazilians are professionals unlike our boys who are combination of amateurs
What is wrong with what he said?
His construction is actually quite good.
Or you have a problem with his northern accent?
Your own eastern accent nko?
Have you considered how heavy it might be? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

nothing to do with his accent; infact northerners have less accent than we southerns
An accent is relative, bros. An American speaking in Nigeria will likely have an American accent. What matters is that one can understand what Manu stated.
Last edited by Enugu II on Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

So what exactly is the probem?
What he said is quite clear, accent or no accent.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:So what exactly is the probem?

Its the Northern Derangement syndrome that's affecting some people. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
BTW, Garba Has a Bachelors degree in History from ABU in Zaria.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:

Its the Northern Derangement syndrome that's affecting some people. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
BTW, Garba Has a Bachelors degree in History from ABU in Zaria.
Some people just need to see or hear a northerner and they assume they have no sense.
Take a transcript of what he has said and he is even more eloquent in the language than many here.

Same thing with Buhari.
His spoken English is actually far better than Jonathan's. His problem is his accent and his 'heavy' tongue.
Transcripts of his formal and impromptu speeches do not suggest he has a poor grasp of the language as is fashionable to parrot.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this damunk loves to derail threads, now they are discussing accent instead of the u17. smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"I think... almost everybody has ample chance to make the team...make the 21-man list which will be submitted on the 16th of this month. Having said that, I think eh....tomorrow's match too against one of the greatest teams in Brazil, Sao Paolo, will give an insight...of er...of who and who...(cough) who and who will make the team. Because even as we are playing friendly matches we are assessing each and every player.

Like I said earlier every player has ample chance of playing in the team. But we want to make sure we take players who are injury-free, players that are good enough that will give us what we want at the World Cup level.

This might not be the only friendly match. I think on the 16th which is the tentative date we are submitting the list too, we shall be playing South Korea. This is another chance for other players to showcase what they can do. But most importantly, before that 16th we should be able to know who and who we have in mind to make the 21-man list.
But most importantly too, these friendly matches will give an avenue to assess the level of preparation so far. To see areas we need to address before the World Cup proper."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:this damunk loves to derail threads, now they are discussing accent instead of the u17. smh
You are far too dumb to have a clue what is going on here.
Prove me wrong by explaining jette1's complaint.
I dare you. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: