Nigeria vs Brazil....We are here to learn says Rohr. Damn!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs Brazil....We are here to learn says Rohr. Dam

Post by Damunk »

''From my time here, it's the second time we've played against the African countries, and it's the second time we've had difficulty. It was like this against Cameroon too,'' Tite told TV Globo.

''They are teams that seek contact, bring compaction, strong aerial ball. And we are still finding the best way to play against the African teams.''
:idea: :idea: :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Some have turned up their noses at the opposition. This is a little harsh. The European calendar is so cluttered with competitive matches that it is not easy to set up friendlies with sides from the continent, especially when they are currently not too keen on facing Brazil. And both African sides have merits. In particular, they specialize in quick and powerful transitions -- the very type of attacking weapon that presented Brazil with so many problems in the 2-2 draw against Colombia.
From Vickery
https://www.espn.com/soccer/brazil-bra/ ... -singapore
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

charlie wrote:I read the comments and realize Nigeria is in deep trouble.

Way too many Nigerians are deeply stupid.

How anyone would have a problem with this statement is beyond comprehension:
“This is an important test game for us, and we are here to learn from the best. We hope for a very good game against Brazil on Sunday. This will help us prepare ourselves for the 2021 AFCON qualifiers against Benin Republic and Lesotho next month,” Rohr said at the pre-match press conference ahead of Sunday’s clash with the five –time world champions at the Singapore National Stadium in Kallang.
Anyone that criticizes the idea that one of the youngest teams in world football, with a number of young promising talent just added to the core team, has nothing else to learn about themselves and the game, must be a dunce.

we are still learning o.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

The YeyeMan wrote:
john12 wrote:Absolutely keep acting like you don’t know what “mind games” Baba rohr idi too much joor
I have just learned that coaches perform mind games in order to gain a psychological advantage over the opposition for friendly matches. :D

The learning continues....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
''From my time here, it's the second time we've played against the African countries, and it's the second time we've had difficulty. It was like this against Cameroon too,'' Tite told TV Globo.

''They are teams that seek contact, bring compaction, strong aerial ball. And we are still finding the best way to play against the African teams.''
So they came to learn too...interesting
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Since football is currently going through a reform agenda, FIFA might as well introduce a World cup for learners. At least no one will call us DELUSIONAL if we as fans hope to win that cup. After all we are perennial learners!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

It seems people want to hear the coach say we have nothing to learn from this friendly. Empty barrels loudest noise the lots of you. Young team slowly coming into place. Long way to go, learn now, world beaters in 3 years. We are just so impatient
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

BEIN-Sport ran the Brazil/Senegal game and I watched ONLY the second half. From what I saw, the game was very boring and Brazil wasn't good at all. Maybe it's me, or maybe it's Senegal that made Brazil look ordinary
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:

Oh, now I feel better. It seems Brazil is in Singapore to LEARN also.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

So they came to learn too...interesting
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Oh, now I feel better. It seems Brazil is in Singapore to LEARN also.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

If only for once Rohr will realize the strength of this young,dynamic tesm, challenge them, and go out to play the brand of football that we have the ability to. If only the likes of Keshi were the coach....
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

metalalloy wrote:
Some have turned up their noses at the opposition. This is a little harsh. The European calendar is so cluttered with competitive matches that it is not easy to set up friendlies with sides from the continent, especially when they are currently not too keen on facing Brazil. And both African sides have merits. In particular, they specialize in quick and powerful transitions -- the very type of attacking weapon that presented Brazil with so many problems in the 2-2 draw against Colombia.
From Vickery
https://www.espn.com/soccer/brazil-bra/ ... -singapore
Brazil have never liked being attacked and they hate swift swooping counters even more.
Nor be today.
Watch the Ngr-Brazil '96 Olympic S/F, those goals were classic.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Obong wrote:If only for once Rohr will realize the strength of this young,dynamic tesm, challenge them, and go out to play the brand of football that we have the ability to. If only the likes of Keshi were the coach....
Tell me....what did you see vs Ukraine?
What were your live comments in the thread? :idea:
Repeating what everyone is saying and what you have decided to believe for 2 years even in the face of contrary evidence doesn't help anyone.
Which brand of football did you see in their last game before all the changes (substitutions) started?

If you haven't checked, please do. :idea:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote:That's why reading and comprehension are VERY fundamental... I'm not a fan of Rohr in the least, and I still think his incessant recourse to statements like "learning" has become too cliche and irritating already... but I read that report with all the quotables from Rohr, and I saw nothing there to suggest Rohr was denigrating our chances against Brazil... that's why context and clues are very important when reading and interpreting meanings to something.
i see you are back :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Cito wrote:
Zelex wrote:This may be down to differences in culture/mentality. Some may interpret his comments as meek but others may read it as just being realistic. The one thing I will say though is that I'm quite bored of the "learning" term being thrown around. Whether it is him being genuine or it being part of his mind games. As someone mentioned, it does feel that Rohr uses "learning" as a defence mechanism which can be a quite irritating when he has now been the manager for 3 years. What did we learn from the WC 2018 that was taken into the AFCON 2019 for instance? I didn't see any improvements. However funny thing is, looking at the make up of the squad right now it's probably the most appropriate time use the term "learning".
The no improvement angle is subjective and in my opinion, they improved. But that is mine. The team is better at this stage than last few months, if I go by their most recent match. That to me is an improvement. If you go from losing to Madagascar to playing Ukraine off the board.

Like I said earlier, this is my opinion.

That said, we will see how much they have ‘learned’ from this game.
Indeed. It is subjective. However I think performances at competitive games give a more accurate picture. Not taking away anything from friendly performances but there are so many variables (intensity, new tactics, lack of opposition scouting) in friendly games that make it difficult to make a concrete judgement.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

even Coco GAUFF is winning her first ATP Tournament :clap: :shock:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

So did Brazil 'learn' anything?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote:So did Brazil 'learn' anything?
Who cares?

What did Rohr learn? And what does he intend to do with his new found knowledge?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Obong wrote:If only for once Rohr will realize the strength of this young,dynamic tesm, challenge them, and go out to play the brand of football that we have the ability to. If only the likes of Keshi were the coach....
I remember Keshi’s brand of football against Spain in the continental cup.

You need the right players to play like Nigeria of the 90s. We don’t have the quality that most people think we have. Our good players are still very young and inexperienced. Hopefully, it will all come together in about 2 to 3 years time.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Who cares?
You might not care, but those carrying the responsibility of the team certainly do.
If the Almighty Brazil are still ready and willing to 'learn' I wonder who we think we are to believe 'learning' is not on the cards.
And to say it in public? Abomination!
It must be we know and have it all. :D
What did Rohr learn? And what does he intend to do with his new found knowledge?
Maybe you should concern yourself with what the players learnt.
Since you seem (but we know you are not) oblivious to the fact that experience is a consequence of learning, console yourself with the knowledge that many of our players learnt a whole lot yesterday.

You can't employ a Guardiola and expect him to work miracles with players that 'know nothing'.
Agreed? :taunt:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Who cares?
You might not care, but those carrying the responsibility of the team certainly do.
If the Almighty Brazil are still ready and willing to 'learn' I wonder who we think we are to believe 'learning' is not on the cards.
And to say it in public? Abomination!
It must be we know and have it all. :D
Maybe you should concern yourself with what the players learnt.
Since you seem (but we know you are not) oblivious to the fact that experience is a consequence of learning, console yourself with the knowledge that many of our players learnt a whole lot yesterday.

You can't employ a Guardiola and expect him to work miracles with players that 'know nothing'.
Agreed? :taunt:
I prefer learning at the World Cup and at the AFCON.

It is our first time there. The objective is to learn...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!