Nigeria vs Brazil....We are here to learn says Rohr. Damn!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

doctorollie
Egg
Egg
Nigeria vs Brazil....We are here to learn says Rohr. Damn!

Post by doctorollie »

Well well well! Not again! We know how it always end when Rohr sets his team up to learn: cowardly, lethargic and cautious but very dull display. Any hope I nursed hitherto of a decent result tomorrow is vanished! Now watch SE concede possession to Brazil and sit back all game to their superior because they are in Singapore to learn.

Why are we always learning though? Just release the boys to express themselves, play to our strength (attack) and show little or no respect to Brazil.

https://sportsration.com/2019/10/12/roh ... ualifiers/

Technical Adviser Gernot Rohr on Saturday in Singapore told the media that he is preparing three –time African champions Nigeria for 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against Benin Republic and Lesotho, rubbishing claims by a journalist on social media that he wants to quit the job.
“The game against Brazil will show how much we are progressing after finishing third at the Africa Cup in Egypt. It is a fantastic opportunity for us to learn a few more things that will make us better and stronger for future challenges.

“This is an important test game for us, and we are here to learn from the best. We hope for a very good game against Brazil on Sunday. This will help us prepare ourselves for the 2021 AFCON qualifiers against Benin Republic and Lesotho next month,” Rohr said at the pre-match press conference ahead of Sunday’s clash with the five –time world champions at the Singapore National Stadium in Kallang.

“After the 2019 AFCON, two of our top players (Mikel Obi and Odion Ighalo) retired and we have to see how to replace them. We saw a little bit in our friendly against Ukraine last month and hope we can improve on that performance tomorrow.

“A good showing against Brazil will help our confidence a great deal.”
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Brazil....We are here to learn says Rohr. Dam

Post by The YeyeMan »

This guy! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Forever the student. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Danfo and Cellular, your Uncle Rohr is still learning o.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I cannot identify with this coach.......new middle weight UFC champion represents Nigeria Israel Adesanya brave ,boastful & exciting. We now have a coward leading our team
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The game against Brazil will show how much we are progressing after finishing third at the Africa Cup in Egypt. It is a fantastic opportunity for us to learn a few more things that will make us better and stronger for future challenges.
Really, what is wrong with this statement?
When is a football team so ready that they have nothing else to learn?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Danfo and Cellular, your Uncle Rohr is still learning o.
Wetin man go tok, again? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
The game against Brazil will show how much we are progressing after finishing third at the Africa Cup in Egypt. It is a fantastic opportunity for us to learn a few more things that will make us better and stronger for future challenges.
You are just looking for an argument. If you were being honest with yourself, you'd look back at the last 3 years and know what is wrong here.

In isolation, this is a fantastic statement and there is nothing wrong with it. But taking the totality of the circumstances into consideration, and the antecedents of this person, you should know what is wrong here.

Anyway, have a lovely weekend. What do I expect from a man who hates his skin so much and will slice his own neck to defend the white master! Nonsense!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

pajimoh wrote:
Absolutely nothing. Except that when we hear it from this coach, it usually means we’re coming out timid.

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

elerineye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Absolutely nothing. Except that when we hear it from this coach, it usually means we’re coming out timid.
Oh boy, me and you just wasted our time responding to an intellectually dishonest house negro. Na we do ourself!
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

elerineye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

KPOM! Nothing more to add!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why is Rohr still Nigeria coach?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

elerineye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Well change your coach. There was nothing timid about how Nigeria came out against Ukraine but we need to learn how to see a game out.
Chukwueze need to improve (learn) his decision making and Osimhen is not tbe finished article (still learning.
The competion (Brazil) is a step higher than teams we faced at AFCON.
Learning is just not about skill, it's also mentality of playing teams like Brazil, handling hostile crowds etc
If we associate learning with (timidity) then the problem is us with our definition
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

I just wonder when our darling SE will start to activate all these 'KEY' learning points considering that we are still making the same mistakes we made 3 years ago even as a team! Can't manage a game, cant defend free kicks, cant string passes together, cant maintain healthy ball possession, cant defend resolutely! So what is all the learning about then?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I can understand that this whole "we're here to learn" has become like a meme now :rotf: but in reality, every friendly game is to learn something. Even the Brazilians are there to learn something.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Let the team stand up to Brazil and lose! I will accept that than watch them surrender to Brazil even before the first whistle is blown and still lose! Damn!
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Orion wrote:I can understand that this whole "we're here to learn" has become like a meme now :rotf: but in reality, every friendly game is to learn something. Even the Brazilians are there to learn something.
Context bro, context! When Rohr says learn, he means timidity, surrendering initiatives to the opponent, he means sit back and defend, concede both ball and possession to the opponent! It means 'we lose' even before the first whistle is blown.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

doctorollie wrote:
Orion wrote:I can understand that this whole "we're here to learn" has become like a meme now :rotf: but in reality, every friendly game is to learn something. Even the Brazilians are there to learn something.
Context bro, context! When Rohr says learn, he means timidity, surrendering initiatives to the opponent, he means sit back and defend, concede both ball and possession to the opponent! It means 'we lose' even before the first whistle is blown.
Has it ever occured to you thats your definition?
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

pajimoh wrote:
elerineye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Well change your coach. There was nothing timid about how Nigeria came out against Ukraine but we need to learn how to see a game out.
Chukwueze need to improve (learn) his decision making and Osimhen is not tbe finished article (still learning.
Learning is just not about skill, it's also mentality of playing teams like Brazil, handling hostile crowds etc
If we associate learning with (timidity) then the problem is us with our definition
Bros, I’m actually agreeing with you. The fact is “learning” is a life long experience. However, to this coach, the definition of “learning” is different; when a coach constantly tells his team that the other team is better than them, then there’s something wrong. At some point that message will resonate.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

elerineye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
elerineye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Bros, I’m actually agreeing with you. The fact is “learning” is a life long experience. However, to this coach, the definition of “learning” is different; when a coach constantly tells his team that the other team is better than them, then there’s something wrong. At some point that message will resonate.
E, again I have an issue with your comment that the coach says "the other team is better than you" because he used "learning". Did expressly say this or you're implying?

The Brazilians probably think they are better than us. But as you rightly put it, learning is a life long experience.
Now how will you play Brazil if you're the coach?
Looking at our team, do we have a estblihed goalkeeper? Is our back 4 settled and reliable to handle the top class forwards of Brazil?
Can we all mention the midfielders that are likely to play as first choice 3 or 4 midfielders?
Is our forward line a cohesive unit with lots of experience at this level?
Is the whole team a well drilled unit in transition from keeper to defenders to midfielders and attack?
Would you say we should, try and avoid falling in to your straight jacket of defining the team as "timid" by employing an "all out" atttack?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

doctorollie wrote:Let the team stand up to Brazil and lose! I will accept that than watch them surrender to Brazil even before the first whistle is blown and still lose! Damn!
It means you're speaking the same tune with Rohr. "Learning" means you're willing to take risks and try different things, even if it means you lose. The result is not the one and only objective. That is the same thing you've just said. :rotf:

Rohr uses that term as a defence mechanism to ward of criticism should the SE lose. I guess it's just his personal quirk but if I was his PR person I would tell him to stop using that term as it's now very triggering for some SE fans. :twisted:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

pajimoh wrote:
elerineye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
elerineye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
E, again I have an issue with your comment that the coach says "the other team is better than you" because he used "learning". Did expressly say this or you're implying?

The Brazilians probably think they are better than us. But as you rightly put it, learning is a life long experience.
Looking at our team, do we have a estblihed goalkeeper? Is our back 4 settled and reliable to handle the top class forwards of Brazil?
Can we all mention the midfielders that are likely to play as first choice 3 or 4 midfielders?
Is the whole team a well drilled unit in transition from keeper to defenders to midfielders and attack?
Would you say we should, try and avoid falling in to your straight jacket of defining the team as "timid" by employing an "all out" atttack?
Not sure if he’s said this about this game, but if you remember, before our game against Croatia at the last WC, that’s almost all he said.

doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

pajimoh wrote:
elerineye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
elerineye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Go ask Rohr all these questions my friend! He is the one employed to fix it. And he is going about it by making the team learn from Algeria, Croatia, Madagascar etc.