Nigeria, Argentina, Brazil, Germany and random thoughts

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria, Argentina, Brazil, Germany and random thoughts

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Nigeria are facing Brazil on Sunday and I expect a good result, although I cannot help but reflect on our one sided encounters with another South American giant, Argentina at the WC.

I digress briefly to note that Andreas Brehme, the man who scored a high pressure PK against Argentina in the WC 90 final to grant Germany their third WC, was recently discovered to be considering a job offer to clean toilets.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/ge ... s-bankrupt

Why do I mention this? A whole world cup winner, being offered a toilet cleaning job? A whole Brazil, being beaten 7-1 in their own temple of football, in their own country, in their own WC? Find the common thread here.

A mentality that coldly appraises what the current realities are, and then calmly and ruthlessly takes advantage, versus a mentality that quakes and shakes because of big names and past reputation?

The latter has cost us at least two victories against Argentina at the WC. Let it not cost us a good showing against Brazil tomorrow.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria, Argentina, Brazil, Germany and random thoughts

Post by Bell »

BECKENBAUER SAYING THE RIGHT THING, BUT...

...how's it that such a high profile player is hard up for 200K euros? He must have spent recklessly and/or invested poorly. But former teammates, associates, the federation and all those who like hanging around the famous should have done something for him. Germany is not a third world country.
Bell
24 years on, there are reports which say that the German World Cup star is now bankrupt – with a debt of approximately €200,000. A bankruptcy hearing is scheduled in December.
Even Franz Beckenbauer has come out and said: ““We have a responsibility to help Andreas Berhme. He gave a lot to German football, he gave us a (World Cup) title. Now it’s time for German football to do something for him.”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria, Argentina, Brazil, Germany and random thoughts

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Bell wrote:BECKENBAUER SAYING THE RIGHT THING, BUT...

...how's it that such a high profile player is hard up for 200K euros? He must have spent recklessly and/or invested poorly. But former teammates, associates, the federation and all those who like hanging around the famous should have done something for him. Germany is not a third world country.
Bell
24 years on, there are reports which say that the German World Cup star is now bankrupt – with a debt of approximately €200,000. A bankruptcy hearing is scheduled in December.
Even Franz Beckenbauer has come out and said: ““We have a responsibility to help Andreas Berhme. He gave a lot to German football, he gave us a (World Cup) title. Now it’s time for German football to do something for him.”
Good observations, but I hope that is not the main point you got from my post. There was a larger point being made.

Wha choo looking at?!