The making of Aribo....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The making of Aribo....

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote:Etebo is not better than Ndidi or Aribo.

No he is not.

In fact I am confident we would have lost today had Etebo played instead of Aribo.

For all of his industry he will lose or give away the ball in a vital area at least once in the match, and a team like Brazil will punish you all day long.

Etebo is a good player, but needs to be more dynamic, play smart instead of trying to dribble all of the time.

I remember how he killed so many counter attacks vs Argentina at the last WC with his selfishness and inability to keep his head up and move the ball quickly.

Aribo is far superior.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Idk about Aribo being far superior because etebo is an workaholic.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

If iwobi keep playing like an angel* then he might have to be replaced by etebo
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

john12 wrote:If iwobi keep playing like an angel* then he might have to be replaced by etebo
You want to replace a AM with a CM....anyways, in Rohr’s Game plan, Iwobi has a place.....we need more Ogus than anymore attacking talent
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:Idk about Aribo being far superior because etebo is an workaholic.

they do different things.

Like you said Etebo is a workaholic, but that is the only area he is superior to Aribo, maybe speed as well.

But passing, intelligence, scoring ability, vision will trump being a workaholic any day. Especially when we already have "workaholic" Ndidi. We dont need 2 workaholics at the expense of an intelligent player who isn't so lacking in the "workaholic" department either.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

maceo4 wrote:Etebo was our best CM vs Ukraine and is having a great season so far, Aribo is a good backup but Etebo is a beast. I dunno when we will stop this campaign against him, he was our best midfielder at the WC, best midfielder at ANC, but some newcomer is just gonna take his spot?
And you were saying.... :roll: ?
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Etebo was An Am when he originally started and he used to make surging runs from midfield to score. Also, there’s nothing wrong with using 3 powerful box to box midfielders because iwobi performance today is unacceptable
Last edited by john12 on Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote:He is very physical and appears to have good stamina. He is a solid two way midfielder who can move the ball forward. He is a very different player from Etebo who is great at being the outlet to distribute the ball. I am not convinced Aribo cab play Etebo’s role but based on what I saw today, his play was such that he is in contention for a staring role. It’s definitely a good problem to have for Nigeria.
Very true, will like to see him match other Africans, guy was class vs Ukraine and Brazil...hopefully we get to see him during the qualifiers, however bobo seems set for International football...super impressed..he never stops running
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enyi wrote:
john12 wrote:If iwobi keep playing like an angel* then he might have to be replaced by etebo
You want to replace a AM with a CM....anyways, in Rohr’s Game plan, Iwobi has a place.....we need more Ogus than anymore attacking talent
Its not a radical idea. Etebo came to light at the olympics right behind the forwards. Iwobi def starts, but Etebo could come in for him when he tires to solidify the midfield and still pose an offensive threat (albeit lesser than Iwobi would)
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

If iwobi play like this again no way he is starting. I will rather have 3 solid box to box midfielders
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Aribo is scoring against Brazil

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dongo tammy is playing 2 mins vs Czech...case closed
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Iwobi will play better under an attacking coach....Rohr is not it. It never occurred to him that we might win....he thinks , Like John12, that this team is average.

SE needs a coach that believes in them like Keshi, Siasia but can also leave the poor management, ego and bribery temptations on the side like Rohr

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Aribo is scoring against Brazil

Post by john12 »

If you had any honor you will just keep Quiet. Please, don’t jinx this boy
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Lol Siasia, Oliseh you’re obviously a Demented angel*
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Aribo is scoring against Brazil

Post by vancity eagle »

I will take Aribo over Abraham any day.

In fact if we get Ejaria and Eze those will also be a better acquisition than Abraham IMO.

Let Abraham get his customary 2 or 3 minutes at the end of each game.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

I am demented but you cannot read...

Do you mind going back and reading the comment before typing thanks....

Btw, only Iddiots try to win arguments with insults and you are very good at it. Next time just READ...(that’s if u can read - no offense)

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Enyi wrote:Iwobi will play better under an attacking coach....Rohr is not it. It never occurred to him that we might win....he thinks , Like John12, that this team is average.

SE needs a coach that believes in them like Keshi, Siasia but can also leave the poor management, ego and bribery temptations on the side like Rohr
Offense or defensive formation did not prevent him from shielding his ball better, making the right passes, losing the ball and having the awareness of a 5 year old in some cases. He was the absolute worst player on that pitch today and no formation led to his diabolical play.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

imagine blaming our formation for iwobi horrible performance that's enough for me to know that he is a mad Lunatic. couldn't even read further
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Kongi hates him because he is one of the "cockneys". :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I hope this argument ends here and now. Our best midfield trio is Ndidi, Aribo and Iwobi. Anyone arguing for anything else is just being a saboteur!

It is unpatriotic or even treasonable to think of altering that arrangement. It is blatant vandalism!
Please remove Iwobi from the equation.

I second this Dammy! He was awful today. Turned over 90% of the ball that was passed to him.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Iwobi is too hit or miss for my liking, if we are serious at competing at the highest level... we need to cap decent attacking players like Ebere or/and Ejaria ASAP, those boys are ready na as it seems off the radar from England.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Cito wrote:
Enyi wrote:Iwobi will play better under an attacking coach....Rohr is not it. It never occurred to him that we might win....he thinks , Like John12, that this team is average.

Offense or defensive formation did not prevent him from shielding his ball better, making the right passes, losing the ball and having the awareness of a 5 year old in some cases. He was the absolute worst player on that pitch today and no formation led to his diabolical play.
Now think...what wrong with Ozil at Arsenal? He doesn’t care? He is not talented? Or it just a shiiiit team? Or maybe Ozil don’t fit in Emery’s plan?

Now replace Ozil with Iwobi or anyone that ever played AM for the SE in that sentence and Arsenal for SE.

Mba looks more talented now than Iwobi, is it because he is or is it becos Keshi played good his strengths?

Iwobi is the centre of the team and the SE should be built around him or find someone else but I can guarantee you that whoever that is will find same fate.

Do u think that if Iwobi had 3-4 options to pass the ball to he wouldn’t? What is he shielding the ball from monsters? When is football about shielding the ball? How many times did Neymar with all his talent shield the ball?....

Am busy to continue this lesson....

I said this was Aribo’s match and he pulled it off despite some ppl here telling me that he was average and my judgement is based on one game....lol

I do this for a living not an arm chair coach throwing worthless insults.

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

YUJAM wrote:He is very physical and appears to have good stamina. He is a solid two way midfielder who can move the ball forward. He is a very different player from Etebo who is great at being the outlet to distribute the ball. I am not convinced Aribo cab play Etebo’s role but based on what I saw today, his play was such that he is in contention for a staring role. It’s definitely a good problem to have for Nigeria.
Most definitely a plus love the way he gets into the box from midfield :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!