Nigeria 1-1 Brazil (FT) Int. Friendly/Learning Experience

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 1-1 Brazil (FT) Int. Friendly/Learning Experienc

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Who gives a sh*t if Brazil hit the bar a million times? I mean it's not like we have prime Maldini type defenders right now so that's not particularly something to make a big deal about. The fact remains, Nigeria was able to score on the Brazilian defence from well worked open play football, while Brazil was only able to score off a set piece SIMPLE.
Look at this mental patient. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I thought your two weeks in the asylum will help. smh
Your delusion is that he was in a mental asylum and you were free.
Th reality is that you were the one peering out from behind bars at freedom.
Look behind you. Its a 6x6ft cell. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
blah blah blah! I got his asssss banned! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Next time he will know not to fook with me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah getting me banned is your one and only biggest achievement in life, want a trophy for that? shameless loser :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Yes, I did! It was me! I orchestrated everything. Like mumu, you walked into my trap! Guess who was the brainless moderator I used to sign your warrant? Yup! You got it! It was Damonkey. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I used your friend to tie your hands and legs when I threw you in the trash. Ask him! He was the moderator who signed it. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
See mumu, I knew the forum rules enough to know using parental insults was a ban-able offense, this TOZO thinks I just joined CE yesterday :rotf:, B*tch I was ready to damn the consequences and get banned(needed the little time off here anyways), but I'm glad I let off enough steam on an unreservedly worthless dirtbag like yourself (and of course your quite unfortunate primogenitors)... very much glad I did that, and would gladly do it again and again!

Take a minute, close your eyes and understand it-- I BANNED YOU! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I MADE YOU MY B1TCH! FACT! All you are saying is all theory. You are making noise. The only FACT is that I manipulated you like a toy and I banned you! You will live the rest of your wretched life knowing that I did that to you. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Guys, it's bigpokey's birthday weekend can we all get along
Bigpokey24: Your birthday weekend? I sent you your Singapore game-ticket. Now, where is my Wine?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Jmal wrote:Gernot Rohr has instilled team spirit and discipline im satisfied with the performance :clap: :clap: :clap:
Me too! In fact, I am elated. Despite the game being a draw, Brazil didn't do any better than we did, unfortunately some people thought we will were going to be eaten alive
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is a friendly and Brazil was not really in full gear. But overall good game.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24: Your birthday weekend? I sent you your Singapore game-ticket. Now, where is my Wine?
I dey LA, dey head to venice beach, when I land Htown next week we go yarn, however I was very impressed with the game today.
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

cchinukw wrote:Only the most disingenuous fan will look at this performance with any hint of positivity.

I mean look at the bloody stats and compare with our learning experience over 2 tournaments. Wtf has changed?

Absolutely nothing!

They had 20 shots on target. We had 9. We couldn't even keep a clean sheet after scoring first.

Goodluck with making an impact in any future competitions.

We ain't going nowhere near a trophy with our lifelong learning coach in charge.
The quality of opposition has changed. What is your problem? :rotf: Do you think the Brazilians are celebrating because they had 70% possession and 20 shots on target with only a goal to show for it?
I wonder what you'll say if we had 20 shots on target, 70% possession and still draw with a team like Japan or even England?

Yes it's not the best performance we've seen from the SE but my word, they got a respectable result. They were Efficient with their chances and possession
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Kai Ajayi nah baller
The guy is good, did well . Omeruo is really in trouble with this performance
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ohenhen1 wrote:It is a friendly and Brazil was not really in full gear. But overall good game.
I think the Brazilians after coming off a winless steak of 3 games would have begged to differ.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:Only the most disingenuous fan will look at this performance with any hint of positivity.

I mean look at the bloody stats and compare with our learning experience over 2 tournaments. Wtf has changed?

Absolutely nothing!

They had 20 shots on target. We had 9. We couldn't even keep a clean sheet after scoring first.

Goodluck with making an impact in any future competitions.

We ain't going nowhere near a trophy with our lifelong learning coach in charge.
The quality of opposition has changed. What is your problem? :rotf: Do you think the Brazilians are celebrating because they had 70% possession and 20 shots on target with only a goal to show for it?
I wonder what you'll say if we had 20 shots on target, 70% possession and still draw with a team like Japan or even England?

Yes it's not the best performance we've seen from the SE but my word, they got a respectable result. They were Efficient with their chances and possession
Brazil had 20 shots, and off the top of my head maybe only 3 were on target...
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
I dey LA, dey head to venice beach, when I land Htown next week we go yarn, however I was very impressed with the game today.
Good! I am glad you enjoyed it. Enjoy your vacation
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

osita wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Kai Ajayi nah baller
The guy is good, did well . Omeruo is really in trouble with this performance
I thought I watched a different game when some CEs were posting that Ajayi had a poor game.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:It is a friendly and Brazil was not really in full gear. But overall good game.
Mechionu!
Apologist for everything opposition. :roll:
- You conveniently forget that Brazil players and Manager are under pressure for a 4-game winless streak.
- You conveniently forget that the fans back in Brazil came down heavily on their football federation for choosing 'mediocre" African opposition x2
- You forget that Brazil are current COPA AMERICA Champions whether they are "in full gear" or not.

So how bad can they be?

You guys just can't help yourselves. Water down the SE progress as much as possible.

Small time now una go tell us say we are "jubilating" for acknowledging a job well done.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
I think the Brazilians after coming off a winless steak of 3 games would have begged to differ.
You dey mind the wailer? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Damunk wrote:
Mechionu!
Apologist for everything opposition. :roll:
- You conveniently forget that Brazil players and Manager are under pressure for a 4-game winless streak.
- You conveniently forget that the fans back in Brazil came down heavily on their football federation for choosing 'mediocre" African opposition x2
- You forget that Brazil are current COPA AMERICA Champions whether they are "in full gear" or not.

So how bad can they be?

You guys just can't help yourselves. Water down the SE progress as much as possible.

Small time now una go tell us say we are "jubilating" for acknowledging a job well done.
Honestly it is a damn shame if you ask me smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Thank God some of us watched the game . If na to depend on CE commentaries ...it would be painful.

Good game by the lads ..shout out to the whole team, Iwobi was tired and collins had too much respect for the brazil name and brand...all in all great game for the chaps..for the stat buffs...

Match over
BRA NIG
Possession 68% - 32%
Shots on goal 5 - 5
Saves 4 - 4
Corner kicks 12 - 2
Offsides 4 - 0
Fouls 7 - 7
Yellow cards 1 - 1

Not bad at all..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Porkey, how far? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Bigpokey24 wrote: So this game will decide ****'s future, since he only has 2 months left on his contract..hopefully we can now start posting the job availability either on indeed , monster or even reddit ...depending on what that peakmilk can afford.
I expect a full house Tuesday in Singapore
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=297531

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Folks seem the forget that we had 3 starters missing, Omeruo, Kalu and Etebo, not forgetting Aina. On the other hand, the Brazilians had a full compliment of their squad.
I am happy
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

Kudos to the team for giving Brazil a good game, considering our record against top opposition in recent years. For once, I commend Rohr's team selection, substitutions, and the improved discipline in defense.
Big positives:
Awaziem continues to ooze class at RB: For the first time in a long while, here's an RB that can actually make good crosses. Will also like to see him in his preferred CB position beside Ekong. Shame on FC Porto for sending him on loan!
Osimhen is growing physically and in confidence. Leading the line against Brazil is no moi moi.
Aribo is a strong, intelligent addition to the team, sure to grow in confidence the more he plays alongside Ndidi, Etebo, Iwobi and others. I'm worried that Iwobi is losing confidence these days; Bobo has to be stronger on the ball.
Something needs to be done about the LB position: I know that this was Brazil, but I can't believe there's no decent LB in any of the top teams in the NPL. Is Rohr really scouting the NPL for players?
That said, I think the scoreline is a little flattering: Despite the Nigerian improvements, Brazil missed several scoring chances.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

it was a great performance considering we're a smaller team than brazil that are ranked 3rd and also current Copa america champions. anyway friendlies no be big deal sha
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

danfo driver wrote:
charlie wrote:Rohr has built a solid defensive team. Very hard to breakdown in open play. Only 3 defeats I 18 matches for the SE.

We might not the technical genius of players past, but we now have organizational discipline we never had and always cost us in games like this.

Ps: get well soon Francis

I'd like us to have this conversation. And seriously. Because I truly would like to understand what you are seeing that I am not. I actually think that is our worse attribute. Brazil hit the bar like 3-4 times in this game. Everytime they attacked, like Ukraine, they pierced us, easily. Are you guys confusing "putting 11 men behind the ball" with "organizational discipline??"

Seriously though, I want to have this convo, because we are seeing completely different things.
Sorry just saw your message.

Brazil tried for most of the match to draw Nigeria out of position. It didnt work. We kept out tactical discipline for most of the night.
Yes there were lapses and mistakes, but there was always someone to cover in the back whenever they were able to get behind the defense. William Ekong is a true leader and has learnt the subtle art of positional defending from the Italians. He had a hell of a match.

Brazil was dangereous from set pieces and their one goal came from a set piece lucky bounce of the post that found Casemiro in space. Other than that, we defended them well. I also thought we lacked someone like Etebo in that midfield to win back ball possession more often. I was super suprised by Coutinho, who looks like a completely rejuvinated player. He was amazing on and off the ball.

The only criticism I do have is that at times we showed Brazil way too much respect. I would have liked to see us test their wing backs more frequently. Whenever we pushed the ball foward, we looked dangerous. We just didnt do it enough because again our tactical discipline required we reduce risks to a minimum.

Other than that, this team is a solid solid tournament team and we only now need to work on our ball possession and technique on the ball (controlling the ball in tight spaces particularly), and faster decision making in the final third.

BTW, Osimhen is the truth! Best striker we have had since Yekini, and giving his age and talent, is on his way to being a better, younger, more complete version than Yekini.

He is the promised child, the golden son #9 we have been waiting for almost 30 years now.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It was a friendly. Players don't really go full gear in friendlies unless you are getting your first cap and want to make an impression. I have seen Brazil play better. Lets not overhype the result of this game. But good overall game for Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote:It was a friendly. Players don't really go full gear in friendlies unless you are getting your first cap and want to make an impression. I have seen Brazil play better. Lets not overhype the result of this game. But good overall game for Nigeria.
Everybody on earth has seen Brazil play better. After losing to Peru and drawing v Senegal this was a must win game for their morale. Give credit when due. Brazil didn't win because they Nigeria played very well.
OCCUPY NFF!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

This was a much better defensive performance than the Ukraine game where we were cut through time and time again by 1 pass. I see now the refrain has changed to "them hit bar" :lol: :lol: . We were promised that "against better opponents" we would not get away with miscues, abi Brazil is not one of those better team?

Some of you clowns behave as if we should never get attacked. :lol: Unless you are blind or simply daft, the way Rohr organizes his team is to sit back, soak up pressure and counter, Of course we will get attacked. Whether you like it or not, that is how he wants his team to play. If you think you can do a better job, submit your CV, otherwise quit whining like a Christmas goat and watch your team like the clueless fan that you are.

This team is good. We need to shore up a few areas, particularly the LB, RB , CF (once Osimhen is taken off) and a sub for Iwobi once he goes off or has an off day . Once they get more consistent on how they break on the counter, this team can be a force to reckon with.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16