Nigeria 1-1 Brazil (FT) Int. Friendly/Learning Experience

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 1-1 Brazil (FT) Int. Friendly/Learning Experienc

Post by metalalloy »

ohsee wrote:Up Joe Aribo! :thumbs: The boy is good! :thumbs: Enugu Rangers bobos still kicking arse. :D :taunt: Ingran must be crying. :D

Can someone tell me what that oversize truckpusher Onuachu was doing on the field? Maybe the German coach thought he had found another Oliver Bierhoff, a tall guy with no ball control, but puts the ball in the net. Well, Onuachu has the tall part covered....

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He is tall, that is 98% of what Rohr needs to see to select you.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Btw, good job by Azeez...
Of all the outfield subs, he’s the only one whose performance was not a drop-off.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

john12 wrote:anyone that watched this game and still cannot give credit to rohr for his organization discipline is a Hater and enemy of progress especially considering our opponents. sometimes, just be a Man and give credit where credit is due.
super eagles are a below average team that's ranked 33rd in the world
brazil are 5 times world champion, Current Copa America champions and are ranked 3rd in the world. it's better not to say anything than to LIE
Fact not feelings!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Orion wrote:Good result and hopefully a good learning experience. :thumb:
... and that's what I think. Anything else is secondary and meaningless to me. We did well, that's all
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

We still have to figure out how to hold onto leads. Time after time we give up leads.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Gotti wrote:Perspective...

Brazil was DESPERATE to get a first win in 4 games...
And we held out at everything they threw at us, that’s SOLID!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Gotti, speak the truth and shame the devil. We were very, very lucky. Could have been four. The defence was leaving dangerous players free in and around the box. Not good at all.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Heck they even switched the CB on his side because of the problems he caused. rohr suppose adjust to those moves as he seemed to be a big part of our attack. They continually fed the ball to him.
I like Rohr but sometimes I see what the haters say about him.

I expected Chukwueze to go to Danny Alves' side when they adjusted. It seems that he doesn't like change at all.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Held out :lol: !!! I thought the goal is to actually go out and play and see how you measure up playing.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

airwolex wrote:I honestly hate to rag on a young player, but he doesn't look as if he belongs. He tried to catch the Brazilian keeper out with a long shot and he couldn't even get any power on the ball.
Got to applaud the quick thinking though...

1) If it were long enough;
2) If he had gotten it on target; and
3) If he had put enough air under it;

We would have celebrating a victory!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 1-1 Brazil, Int. Friendly/Learning Experience

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:The result is fantastic, simply because the performance was dreadful.

The only think I have to say about this match is that I noticed the same issue that I noticed vs. Ukraine -- We are tactically horrid in the defensive phase. With all our 11 men behind the ball cowardly tactics, Brazil still sliced us open at will anytime they attacked. They hit the bar like what? 4 times??

I still dont understand this! How do you park the bus and still the opponents just walk into your 18 anytime they want? O pa ri o!
My TV must have wiped those off. I only saw one ball hit the bar :shock:
More like three times or more.
The thing taya person :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

metalalloy wrote:
ohsee wrote:Up Joe Aribo! :thumbs: The boy is good! :thumbs: Enugu Rangers bobos still kicking arse. :D :taunt: Ingran must be crying. :D

Can someone tell me what that oversize truckpusher Onuachu was doing on the field? Maybe the German coach thought he had found another Oliver Bierhoff, a tall guy with no ball control, but puts the ball in the net. Well, Onuachu has the tall part covered....

He is tall, that is 98% of what Rohr needs to see to select you.
I didn’t hear you say pkim when Keshi left Nsofor and took Uchebo to Brazil
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Who gives a sh*t if Brazil hit the bar a million times? I mean it's not like we have prime Maldini type defenders right now so that's not particularly something to make a big deal about. The fact remains, Nigeria was able to score on the Brazilian defence from well worked open play football, while Brazil was only able to score off a set piece SIMPLE.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

metalalloy wrote:
airwolex wrote:For me the best players

Aribo - Gaddemit this cockney boy can ball. One of those players that glides around. His first goal was pure class

Awaziem - Honestly this guy is a pure baller. I'd like to see him in CD and perhaps Aina moving to RB. I believe he is better than Ajayi.

Uzoho - He has improved a lot. Love his confidence

Chukwueze - He wan kill dem for the first half but then got sorted in the second half

Osimhen - Pure hustler

Worst performers

Collins - Gabriel took his soul
Iwobi - Too many giveaways
Ajayi - Didn't do anything wrong but I expected him to dominate more aerially. The guy got beaten too many times

I'm sorry Onuachu should not be playing for us... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I agree with the above. Omeruo and even Balogun should def keep Ajayi deep on the bench. As for Chukwueze, they dropped a midfielder and even a striker to provide help to the left back in the second half. Heck they even switched the CB on his side because of the problems he caused. rohr suppose adjust to those moves as he seemed to be a big part of our attack. They continually fed the ball to him.
The same Ajayi that saved our bacon with that goal line clearance? OK !
Ajayi was one of our best players today, winning many headers and interceptions.
Collins had a hit and miss game, despite being beaten a few times, he made vital interceptions.
Aribo is a class act and should be in the EPL next season. His vision and movement were top notch and he took his goal with aplomb.
Uzoho has finally come of age, what we need is a top quality back-up for him
Ekong was solid but had a few rash clearances and missed passes
Awaziem continued from where he left off at AFCON. Top quality player
What are we going to do about Iwobi? He gave away too many balls, easily outmuscled off the ball and looks dead on his feet. By now he should be dominating the SE midfield but even his place in the starting XI is not assured.
Osimhen was a handful all throughout the match and forced Ederson into 2 good saves. We have finally found a top quality international striker.
Simon Moses despite the assist was a huge downgrade on Samuel Kalu and offered little or nothing in attack or defence.
Chukwueze was a handful for the Brazilians in the first half and spent more time in defensive duties in the 2nd half. He only sparked back to life when Dennis came on.
Ndidi was a boss in the middle of the park, breaking up many Brazilian attacks but seem to tire off towards the end of the game.
It was a solid performance against the South American champions and if we could get hold of a couple of solid midfielders, the SE will be difficult to beat.
The SE seem to be gradually improving with the addition of better players and players moving to better leagues. It's still a work in progress.
I am happy
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

john12 wrote:anyone that watched this game and still cannot give credit to rohr for his organization discipline is a Hater and enemy of progress especially considering our opponents. sometimes, just be a Man and give credit where credit is due.
super eagles are a below average team that's ranked 33rd in the world
brazil are 5 times world champion, Current Copa America champions and are ranked 3rd in the world. it's better not to say anything than to LIE
I think your right but can you please talk to Senegal and Peru...cos they don’t know their ranking and that’s insulting to Brazil.... :curse: :curse:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Dammy wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Aribo - Gaddemit this cockney boy can ball. One of those players that glides around. His first goal was pure class

Awaziem - Honestly this guy is a pure baller. I'd like to see him in CD and perhaps Aina moving to RB. I believe he is better than Ajayi.

Chukwueze - He wan kill dem for the first half but then got sorted in the second half

Osimhen - Pure hustler

Worst performers

Ajayi - Didn't do anything wrong but I expected him to dominate more aerially. The guy got beaten too many times

I'm sorry Onuachu should not be playing for us... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I agree with the above. Omeruo and even Balogun should def keep Ajayi deep on the bench. As for Chukwueze, they dropped a midfielder and even a striker to provide help to the left back in the second half. Heck they even switched the CB on his side because of the problems he caused. rohr suppose adjust to those moves as he seemed to be a big part of our attack. They continually fed the ball to him.
Ajayi was one of our best players today, winning many headers and interceptions.
Collins had a hit and miss game, despite being beaten a few times, he made vital interceptions.
Aribo is a class act and should be in the EPL next season. His vision and movement were top notch and he took his goal with aplomb.
What are we going to do about Iwobi? He gave away too many balls, easily outmuscled off the ball and looks dead on his feet. By now he should be dominating the SE midfield but even his place in the starting XI is not assured.
Osimhen was a handful all throughout the match and forced Ederson into 2 good saves. We have finally found a top quality international striker.
Simon Moses despite the assist was a huge downgrade on Samuel Kalu and offered little or nothing in attack or defence.
Chukwueze was a handful for the Brazilians in the first half and spent more time in defensive duties in the 2nd half. He only sparked back to life when Dennis came on.
Ndidi was a boss in the middle of the park, breaking up many Brazilian attacks but seem to tire off towards the end of the game.
It was a solid performance against the South American champions and if we could get hold of a couple of solid midfielders, the SE will be difficult to beat.
The SE seem to be gradually improving with the addition of better players and players moving to better leagues. It's still a work in progress.

Yes that very same Ajayi. He was beaten several times in the air and his positioning was off as a CB on several occasions, and he also gave away the ball like you accused Ekong, who most certainly had a better game than him. Again, he is a good squad player, but Omeruo and Balogun have nothing to fear from him.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Tobi17 wrote:Who gives a sh*t if Brazil hit the bar a million times? I mean it's not like we have prime Maldini type defenders right now so that's not particularly something to make a big deal about. The fact remains, Nigeria was able to score on the Brazilian defence from well worked open play football, while Brazil was only able to score off a set piece SIMPLE.

you obviously missed the memo that the aim of the game is to hit the bar.

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

metalalloy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Who gives a sh*t if Brazil hit the bar a million times? I mean it's not like we have prime Maldini type defenders right now so that's not particularly something to make a big deal about. The fact remains, Nigeria was able to score on the Brazilian defence from well worked open play football, while Brazil was only able to score off a set piece SIMPLE.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohsee wrote:

Gotti, speak the truth and shame the devil. We were very, very lucky. Could have been four. The defence was leaving dangerous players free in and around the box. Not good at all.
Why you wan spoil my enjoyment. :mad:

The score na draw and Gotti is spot.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

What kind of player is Onuachu? Is he one that thrives on crosses into the box? Because Rohr didn't adjust the tactics to adjust to his introduction.

Does he thrive on balls to feet? He couldn't trap a bag of cement. Was he just having an off day?

If this his regular game then he really should decline further invitations.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

metalalloy wrote:

I mean... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:

:rotf: kai tobi don finish dem
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

metalalloy wrote:
Dammy wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Osimhen - Pure hustler

Worst performers

Yes that very same Ajayi. He was beaten several times in the air and his positioning was off as a CB on several occasions, and he also gave away the ball like you accused Ekong, who most certainly had a better game than him. Again, he is a good squad player, but Omeruo and Balogun have nothing to fear from him.
You are in a minority regarding your opinion about Ajayi in today's match. All Nigerian football online outlets have rated him highly, a lot voted for him as our best defender. Visit ratings at owngoalnigeria, completesportsnigeria, football 360 etc.
I am happy
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

metalalloy wrote:We still have to figure out how to hold onto leads. Time after time we give up leads.
Bros Brazil did not come to sell groundnut now. How many teams can hold a 1-0 lead against Brazil?

Wha choo looking at?!