ROHR IS A POOR, POOR COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR IS A POOR, POOR COACH

Post by Cito »

JACKAL wrote:
Zelex wrote:Performance was decent. No better than the Ukraine game IMO. The result flattered Nigeria.
The scoreline was definitely flattering to us... I counted 4 clear cut chances for them.. they just walked the ball into our box and did whatever they wanted. Some people here are confused by the flattering scoreline.

We played much better against Ukraine but we had some of the same problems of the opposition getting behind our backs.
First it was 6 to Couthinho and Richalison, now its 4 for the entire team. :D
Keep going, you will soon arrive at the factual number. :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The moment he talked down on Osimehn was when I knew he is Mad and lacked Credibility
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
JACKAL wrote:Seriously People, Brazil could have beaten us by 5-1.

Defense was not Prepared for the Brazilian system
The way they kept getting behind our back line is a coaching problem
We let them dictate the pace of the game
Senegal did much better than us
Our Passing was just basic stuff
We drew the game on the sheer individual strength of our players
Collins is not it.
Aribo is the Truth
Okoye didn't look Nervous...that's encouraging
This is the one that confuses me the most. On the match thread, someone said "we now have organizational solidity." I began to question myself, that maybe I am the one not seeing things. I know we have two staunch camps on CE. those who support the coach and those who do not. But I really want us to have this argument honestly. We park the bus and sacrifice any enjoyable form of football. Yet, the opponents attack us and every time they do, they walk into our 18 as if the defense is not there. Brazil hit the bar like 3 times in this game.'

I am very worried. This is not an attack on the coach or his supporters, I am honestly very worried. I saw it against Ukraine and before that also. We cant go to the world cup like this. We simply cant.
Bros, I read your initial writeup about this game. You said about 4 time, next you said 3 to 4, now its 3. I am just waiting for the next number which may be 2. Keep going until you reach the factual number. I am just making an observation and waiting for when the 'aha' moment happens. :D

Mr Jackal lost all credibility a long time ago and his posts oozes of bias and incorrect, 'out-of-rear-end-and-high-as-a-kite' statements. This I will file under his usual posts.
Cito, You still dey ?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So you get file on me?? …. I didn't know I was that important in your life :taunt: :taunt:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

john12 wrote:The moment he talked down on Osimehn was when I knew he is Mad and lacked Credibility
I am still waiting for you to paste that alleged quote you attributed to me !! :blink: :blink:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

JACKAL wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Collins is not it.
Aribo is the Truth
This is the one that confuses me the most. On the match thread, someone said "we now have organizational solidity." I began to question myself, that maybe I am the one not seeing things. I know we have two staunch camps on CE. those who support the coach and those who do not. But I really want us to have this argument honestly. We park the bus and sacrifice any enjoyable form of football. Yet, the opponents attack us and every time they do, they walk into our 18 as if the defense is not there. Brazil hit the bar like 3 times in this game.'

I am very worried. This is not an attack on the coach or his supporters, I am honestly very worried. I saw it against Ukraine and before that also. We cant go to the world cup like this. We simply cant.
Bros, I read your initial writeup about this game. You said about 4 time, next you said 3 to 4, now its 3. I am just waiting for the next number which may be 2. Keep going until you reach the factual number. I am just making an observation and waiting for when the 'aha' moment happens. :D

Mr Jackal lost all credibility a long time ago and his posts oozes of bias and incorrect, 'out-of-rear-end-and-high-as-a-kite' statements. This I will file under his usual posts.
Cito, You still dey ?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So you get file on me?? …. I didn't know I was that important in your life :taunt: :taunt:
I still dey bro, just doing my civic duty of exposing you. I must admit it is a very fun thing to do as you make it so easy.... :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cito wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Zelex wrote:Performance was decent. No better than the Ukraine game IMO. The result flattered Nigeria.
The scoreline was definitely flattering to us... I counted 4 clear cut chances for them.. they just walked the ball into our box and did whatever they wanted. Some people here are confused by the flattering scoreline.

We played much better against Ukraine but we had some of the same problems of the opposition getting behind our backs.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I noticed this as well.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Cito wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Not all clear cut chances are 6 foot sitters :taunt: :taunt:
Not all Team missses equal Courtino and Richalison Misses :taunt: :taunt: :mrgreen:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

JACKAL wrote:
Cito wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Not all clear cut chances are 6 foot sitters :taunt: :taunt:
Not all Team missses equal Courtino and Richalison Misses :taunt: :taunt: :mrgreen:
OK. :mrgreen:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Th result was AMAZING! No getting around that. Brazil is one of the best teams in the world. But, the performance was shockingly bad.

But thats not even my concern right now. I am legitimately concerned about that tactical HOLE we have in the defensive phase! It will cost us dearly.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Collins is not it.
Aribo is the Truth

Please grow up. You are too old to be a f00l.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

JACKAL wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Collins is not it.
Aribo is the Truth

Thank you Danfo Driver.... The sheer number of times the Brazilians missed 6 foot sitters in our box should be alarming to anyones. Richalison and Coutino missed like 6 times. :atc: :atc:
That sounds more like a Brazil problem
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Collins is not it.
Aribo is the Truth
If Brazil could have beaten us 5-1 why didn’t they?If we had players that were below par (I wouldn’t disagree) how come they were able to draw 1-1 with the mighty Brazil?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Almost a repeat of the same problems.

Only slightly better in clearing the lines. Notice the same turnover problems in our goal area leading to pressure on the team.

How many of you almost had a heart attack just watching Brazil swarming continually like buzzing flies.

We have standards o.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

cchinukw wrote:Almost a repeat of the same problems.

Only slightly better in clearing the lines. Notice the same turnover problems in our goal area leading to pressure on the team.

How many of you almost had a heart attack just watching Brazil swarming continually like buzzing flies.

We have standards o.
What exactly were our "standards" before Rohr was coach? failing to qualify for 2 consecutive AFCONs? or the fact that we would have been torn to pieces with goals by Brazil under previous coaches under whom we saw a badly organized SE team... I'm not a Rohr fan, and I still feel he needs to go... But be honest, would any Nigerian team under previous coaches had drawn this game against Brazil? We are not even a world class team by any stretch yet, but at least we are competitive against the very best teams in the world... big difference was from position few years back when we would easily lose to even mid tier European teams and celebrate that we "played well", we've surely come a long way significantly.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

john12 wrote:shameless man! if you had any honor, you wouldn't even be here after falsely predicting osimehn (future legend) isn't good

Really? This is then AYO, they predict the opposite
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Collins - Left Back performance

Errant Crosses
Helter Skelter Defending
Many times out of position
His man kept getting behind into our box
Embarrassingly Nut Megged
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Eaglezbeak wrote:

Collins is not it.
Aribo is the Truth
If Brazil could have beaten us 5-1 why didn’t they?If we had players that were below par (I wouldn’t disagree) how come they were able to draw 1-1 with the mighty Brazil?
Sheer strength of our individual players and pure dumb luck :dream: :dream:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Tobi17 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:Almost a repeat of the same problems.

We have standards o.
What exactly were our "standards" before Rohr was coach? failing to qualify for 2 consecutive AFCONs? or the fact that we would have been torn to pieces with goals by Brazil under previous coaches under whom we saw a badly organized SE team... I'm not a Rohr fan, and I still feel he needs to go... But be honest, would any Nigerian team under previous coaches had drawn this game against Brazil? We are not even a world class team by any stretch yet, but at least we are competitive against the very best teams in the world... big difference was from position few years back when we would easily lose to even mid tier European teams and celebrate that we "played well", we've surely come a long way significantly.
Let me ask a simple question?

What improvements from last year's WC prep till now have you seen? If you call that progress please check in with your shrink.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

So I didn’t watch the match (and I like Rohr in general). I only saw 10 mins of highlights on YouTube.

And...

Unless the highlights are biased in what they showed, a neutral would come away feeling Brazil was unlucky not to win 5-0 (and I noticed pretty much the same thing watching Brazil-Senegal highlights). I will watch the match in the coming days to see if the highlights did it justice.

It may be that Brazil is just 5-0 better than we are. I mean, the caliber of players they have is higher than what we have.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I didn't watch the game, but the extended highlight posted here supports JACKAL's statement about what the result could have been.

Having said, that anyone that does not think Rohr has done, and is doing a good job needs to lay off the pipe.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

akamoke wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Collins is not it.
Aribo is the Truth

Thank you Danfo Driver.... The sheer number of times the Brazilians missed 6 foot sitters in our box should be alarming to anyones. Richalison and Coutino missed like 6 times. :atc: :atc:
That sounds more like a Brazil problem
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

1naija wrote:I didn't watch the game, but the extended highlight posted here supports JACKAL's statement about what the result could have been.

Having said, that anyone that does not think Rohr has done, and is doing a good job needs to lay off the pipe.
:clap:We were struggling in our own continent against the likes of Namibia and Sudan but yet we are supposed to have won the last World Cup ,then many were disappointed that we were not favourites to win the last Afcon,when Rohr leaves we will be starting from scratch and these dreamers will have the same requirements and aspirations!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Collins is not it.
Aribo is the Truth
And we could have beaten Argentina in the World Cup. I am very critical of Rohr but I raise my hat to him.