ROHR IS A POOR, POOR COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
Re: ROHR IS A POOR, POOR COACH

Post by JACKAL »

1naija wrote:I didn't watch the game, but the extended highlight posted here supports JACKAL's statement about what the result could have been.

Having said, that anyone that does not think Rohr has done, and is doing a good job needs to lay off the pipe.
1Naija,

I can t wait for them to fire this clown Rorh. Its almost as if he has never seen Nigeria play or has never seen our record in International play. He said before the Match that we were there to learn from them (The Brazilians). These are absurd statements from a coach who wants to win anything in this life. He continues to undersell the eagles before every game and then over achieve in every game. A cheap salesman's trick. This is why some of the guys here think he is doing a good job.

If we played against Brazil like that at the U-17, U20 or U23 level there would be an outcry throughout the land. But somehow its ok for us to be playing against them in a lopsided manner at the senior level. Brazil had 71% possession. The entire 2nd half they were camped out and inside our 18 yard box and they kept us there for like 40 Minutes of the 2nd half. We have players playing in great clubs all over the world, some in better clubs than the Brazilians and yet they outplay us this badly.

It all comes down to the coaching. The coach is a joke. We need a coach who believes in our football and has a winners mentality.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

JACKAL wrote:
1naija wrote:I didn't watch the game, but the extended highlight posted here supports JACKAL's statement about what the result could have been.

Having said, that anyone that does not think Rohr has done, and is doing a good job needs to lay off the pipe.
1Naija,

I can t wait for them to fire this clown Rorh. Its almost as if he has never seen Nigeria play or has never seen our record in International play. He said before the Match that we were there to learn from them (The Brazilians). These are absurd statements from a coach who wants to win anything in this life. He continues to undersell the eagles before every game and then over achieve in every game. A cheap salesman's trick. This is why some of the guys here think he is doing a good job.

If we played against Brazil like that at the U-17, U20 or U23 level there would be an outcry throughout the land. But somehow its ok for us to be playing against them in a lopsided manner at the senior level. Brazil had 71% possession. The entire 2nd half they were camped out and inside our 18 yard box and they kept us there for like 40 Minutes of the 2nd half. We have players playing in great clubs all over the world, some in better clubs than the Brazilians and yet they outplay us this badly.

It all comes down to the coaching. The coach is a joke. We need a coach who believes in our football and has a winners mentality.
Mind mentioning this *players playing in great clubs all over the world? *
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:So I didn’t watch the match (and I like Rohr in general). I only saw 10 mins of highlights on YouTube.

And...

Unless the highlights are biased in what they showed, a neutral would come away feeling Brazil was unlucky not to win 5-0 (and I noticed pretty much the same thing watching Brazil-Senegal highlights). I will watch the match in the coming days to see if the highlights did it justice.

It may be that Brazil is just 5-0 better than we are. I mean, the caliber of players they have is higher than what we have.

Looking at the highlights, a neutral would/could also come away feeling Nigeria was unlucky not to win 7-1.

Aribo's goal,
Save from Osimhen's shot
Marquinho's Deflection off Chukwuezes shot
Save from Osimhen header
Save from Chukwueze's shot
Foul on Aribo by T.SIlva when he beat him and was heading for a 1v1 vs the goalie
Onuachu's attempt at goal from the halfway line.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

I watched the match. Brazil hit the post like 3 times and missed sitters like 2 times. The first half Nigeria did ok until Brazil put pressure in the second half. They went wide and crossed the ball in and the Nigerian backline looked like novices because they had no clue how to defend crosses.

I think Rohr is done. I suggest they go get a better coach young enough to know whats what.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Tobi17 wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

1Naija,

Mind mentioning this *players playing in great clubs all over the world? *
So Everton is not a great club ? leister is not ? Udinese,? Nantes?, Lille ?,Villareal? Rangers etc
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

imagine that the haters have still come knives out after we just drew with the Copa champions Brazil.

During Rohr's tenure we have

- thrashed Argentina 4-2 in a friendly
- tied Brazil in a friendly
- beaten Poland in their own backyard
- drew Ukraine in their own backyard
- qualified for WC with a game to spare in the toughest group of death all while thrashing Cameroon 4-0, beating highly rated Algeria 3-1
- beaten highly rated Iceland at the WC by 2-0 (when was the last time Nigeria won a WC match by 2 goals ?) Yes it was back in 1994
- finished 3rd at AFCON after again beating Cameroon, Tunisia, South AFrica

and losers in life want the coach fired. I just laugh at these shameless idiots

these are the same losers who want coached who couldn't even qualify for common ANC to take over, or a coach who coached the worst team at the past ANC to take over. Losers in life.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:imagine that the haters have still come knives out after we just drew with the Copa champions Brazil.

- qualified for WC with a game to spare in the toughest group of death all while thrashing Cameroon 4-0, beating highly rated Algeria 3-1
- beaten highly rated Iceland at the WC by 2-0 (when was the last time Nigeria won a WC match by 2 goals ?) Yes it was back in 1994

Bros, its a friendly its not about the result but how we played, we played cowardly and like we've not learned anything from the WC and ANC, we are still making the same mistakes defending deeply with inability to hold on to the ball. You said we are a better team than Senegal but look at the numbers against a fresher Brazil Senegal was able to hold their own and pass just as much Brazil and almost as accurately. Numbers show a balanced match, ours certainly doesn't. So how come a 'lesser' team than us according to you can do this against a fresher Brazil while we should just be happy about the result irregardless of how we played?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:imagine that the haters have still come knives out after we just drew with the Copa champions Brazil.

Bros, its a friendly its not about the result but how we played, we played cowardly and like we've not learned anything from the WC and ANC, we are still making the same mistakes defending deeply with inability to hold on to the ball.
Maceo4, you say that now.
Are you sure you are not one to mock the same team with that derogatory term, "moral victory" when they play well but lose?
Nigerians do not believe you can "play well" and lose the same game.
As far as we are concerned, it is faulty reasoning and bad English. :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

maceo4 wrote:

Bros, its a friendly its not about the result but how we played, we played cowardly and like we've not learned anything from the WC and ANC, we are still making the same mistakes defending deeply with inability to hold on to the ball. You said we are a better team than Senegal but look at the numbers against a fresher Brazil Senegal was able to hold their own and pass just as much Brazil and almost as accurately. Numbers show a balanced match, ours certainly doesn't. So how come a 'lesser' team than us according to you can do this against a fresher Brazil while we should just be happy about the result irregardless of how we played?
The game stats:

Possession
Brazil 54 % Senegal: 47 %
Brazil 70% Nigeria: 30%

Shots
Brazil 11 Senegal 10
Brazil 20 Nigeria 9

Corners
Bazil 1 Senegal 3
Brazil 12 Nigeria 2

If this doesn't tell you the narrative of the game..i don't know what does.
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

Rohr is not a "poor" coach, he is manageable for a team that does not have high expectations.

I do not think he is the one to take Nigeria to the next level. If we are comfortable with bronzes and "almost" then Rohr is okay, but if we do want more he has to go. The team could and should be doing better.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Donzman wrote:Rohr is not a "poor" coach, he is manageable for a team that does not have high expectations.

I do not think he is the one to take Nigeria to the next level. If we are comfortable with bronzes and "almost" then Rohr is okay, but if we do want more he has to go. The team could and should be doing better.
This is where most of us are struggling. Some of us want to win trophies. Others are content giving debuts to Nigerians born in London.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

JACKAL wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

The game stats:

Possession

Shots
Brazil 11 Senegal 10
Brazil 20 Nigeria 9

Corners
Bazil 1 Senegal 3
Brazil 12 Nigeria 2

What about the shots on target in the two games?

There is no need to be dishonest here just to be able to jerk off on yourself!!

Show some respect for fvcks sake...It may be only a friendly but those boys worked their socks off to get a result...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

txj wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

The game stats:

Possession

Shots
Brazil 11 Senegal 10
Brazil 20 Nigeria 9

Corners
Bazil 1 Senegal 3
Brazil 12 Nigeria 2

Show some respect for fvcks sake...It may be only a friendly but those boys worked their socks off to get a result...
What about shot on Target ??? What about Yellow cards or Off sides or GK Saves ???? … They are not as relevant to the argument I am trying to make. The point I am trying to make is that they dominated us..... and the stats I am discussing reveal that.... The already know the score line was 1-1 .. exactly what does shot on goal tell you ?
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

I agree with Jackal for the most part

Watched most of the second half thinking it was only a matter of time before Brazil scored again . There is only so much pressure a team can continually absorb sitting back defensively before conceding goals and we have seen it time and time again under Rohr's Eagles .

I do credit the boys though .. Its a young team with a number of debutantes or near debutantes . I doubt if the average number of full caps on that squad was more than 10 . Our goalscorer was only playing his 2nd game and our backup goalie his first . Suffice to say that going up against star studded Brazil with such a young pedigree and with all the withdrawals due to "injury" Brazil should really have run up the scores but alas

Per Rohr I think he is full of crap for MENTALLY turning us into a defensive team that cant transition to attack .. we have played and beating Brazil before in Brazil (Siasia U-23) and at the Atlanta Olympics we dint go into a defensive shell .. we played them Mano-Mano and WON !!!

That said I do give credit to Rohr for unearthing talent ..
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

JACKAL wrote:
txj wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

The game stats:

Possession

Shots
Brazil 11 Senegal 10
Brazil 20 Nigeria 9

Corners
Bazil 1 Senegal 3
Brazil 12 Nigeria 2

What about shot on Target ??? What about Yellow cards or Off sides or GK Saves ???? … They are not as relevant to the argument I am trying to make. The point I am trying to make is that they dominated us..... and the stats I am discussing reveal that.... The already know the score line was 1-1 .. exactly what does shot on goal tell you ?

They are relevant, but problem is you are too daft to realize it.

Nobody ever scored with shots to row Z!
Shots to Row Z are irrelevant in the real context of the game. Its the shots on target that count.

And in that context it is 6v5 to Brazil, which is higher than Senegal's....and which is indicative of a closer contest than mere regurgitation of possession stats and corner kicks.

Unless perhaps you still think 7 corners make one goal :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Being dominated by Brazil is not news; neither is it significant if you restrict them to wayward shots, crosses, etc. Exactly what Nigeria did!

Why are our people so stupid about football?????

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote:

What exactly does it mean, playing cowardly?

People just like to regurgitate sh1t so they can swallow it!!!

We played different from the way Senegal played. Yes Brazil had greater possession than vs Senegal, but guess what, we created more chances than Senegal and had more shots on goal!

Nothing wrong with defending deeply. Italy won the world cup defending deeply.

Are there aspects of our game that we can improve? Absolutely!

But don't talk sh1t about cowardice...Enough already!

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

BAP wrote:I agree with Jackal for the most part

Watched most of the second half thinking it was only a matter of time before Brazil scored again . There is only so much pressure a team can continually absorb sitting back defensively before conceding goals and we have seen it time and time again under Rohr's Eagles .

I do credit the boys though .. Its a young team with a number of debutantes or near debutantes . I doubt if the average number of full caps on that squad was more than 10 . Our goalscorer was only playing his 2nd game and our backup goalie his first . Suffice to say that going up against star studded Brazil with such a young pedigree and with all the withdrawals due to "injury" Brazil should really have run up the scores but alas

Per Rohr I think he is full of crap for MENTALLY turning us into a defensive team that cant transition to attack .. we have played and beating Brazil before in Brazil (Siasia U-23) and at the Atlanta Olympics we dint go into a defensive shell .. we played them Mano-Mano and WON !!!

Was this on Playstation or on xbox?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

metalalloy wrote:

HERE YOU GO

[/video]
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

BAP wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

HERE YOU GO

[/video]
Leave dem with dem selective amnesia. Lolz! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And what a burriful goal :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

JACKAL wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

The game stats:

Possession

Shots
Brazil 11 Senegal 10
Brazil 20 Nigeria 9

Corners
Bazil 1 Senegal 3
Brazil 12 Nigeria 2

Shots on target?
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

What is shocking is the level of mediocrity people are now used to accepting in Naija footy. This game was as bad as against Argentina at the WC, as bad as English pre-world cup friendly. At some point it looked like an Amateur team vs a professional football team ( a great one at that). When Simon was removed in the 2nd half, the team eventually had a semblance of a shape. But Simon did not play against Argentina at the WC or England pre-worldcup. My conclusion is that after three years Rohr still does not know the boys, what their strengths and weaknesses are and for that he is rather poor coach. Brazil pretty much ran circles around them and used them to show up for like 80minutes. Whats up with Rohr making late substitutions in a friendly? When he has like 6 new players to try out. What is the first 80min of play is he trying to protect? The man has some football game management and responsiveness issues.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

cchinukw wrote:
BAP wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

HERE YOU GO

[/video]
Leave dem with dem selective amnesia. Lolz! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And what a burriful goal :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Damn just remembered this game, who be that our keeper?? kid is good!!!!!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

BAP wrote:
HERE YOU GO

[/video]
Thank you! Def forgot about this game. Dani Emamnuel had the game of his life that day.

Ps. Siasia was not the coach of that team that day.